Options

Lyrics??

Comments

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 549
    Wow. Lyrically  so much better than many previous on last couple albums. Wonderful and stones explanation is great to hear.

Where is Stone's explanation?
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Wow. Lyrically  so much better than many previous on last couple albums. Wonderful and stones explanation is great to hear.

I 2nd that request. 
    I got ya dudez

https://youtu.be/SI6hVmekhSc
    Thank you.  Matt is even more amazing. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109

YAKIMATSU said:

I 2nd that request. 
    I got ya dudez

https://youtu.be/SI6hVmekhSc
    thanks
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Matt is amazing amd it must be fire things
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Matt is amazing amd it must be fire things
    While I heard Stone is really into filing various documents. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    edited January 2020
    That's really cool to hear how they each came in and added their own layer.
    "Not one man could be greater than the sum" ;)
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    mattcoz said:
    Ok, so if we assume "dicks and fix and file things" is correct... what does that even mean? Dicks is obvious, we want to grow our dicks, sure. Fix, we're looking for the next bigger fix, like addicts, ok. File things? We want bigger files? Bigger cabinets? Bigger hard drives? :confused:
    "dicks and fix and FIRE things" is what I hear. As in fire rockets and shit.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    Ok, so if we assume "dicks and fix and file things" is correct... what does that even mean? Dicks is obvious, we want to grow our dicks, sure. Fix, we're looking for the next bigger fix, like addicts, ok. File things? We want bigger files? Bigger cabinets? Bigger hard drives? :confused:
    I'm horrible with lyrics but when I first listened I heard "dicks and sticks and fire things".
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    That's nice, but I said "if we assume..." ;)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    I thought for sure the "dicks" line was wrong and just a funny misheard lyric. 
    But now, yeah, he really says boys want to grow their dicks in a song.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    mattcoz said:
    That's nice, but I said "if we assume..." ;)
    Burn your assumptions!

(Is that what you were looking for?)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I thought for sure the "dicks" line was wrong and just a funny misheard lyric. 
    But now, yeah, he really says boys want to grow their dicks in a song.
    Growing anywhere, really.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,286
    mattcoz said:
    A common frustration women express about men is that men always want to try to "fix" things when sometimes women just want to be heard/listened to.  That's the context I'm deducing for "boys want to... fix... things."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    edited January 2020
    YouTube told me it was “That Dixon Vixon Violins” :lol:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    YouTube told me it was “That Dixon Vixon Violins” :lol:
    That’s what I’m wondering. I think it even says voilins?! That and the „inaudible“ part. What the hell?
  • Options
    pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 631
    mattcoz said:
    I hear..”dicks inside of things”.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I hear “dicks and fix and vio-lence”
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    To me it sounds like “their dicks and pricks and fire mains”. Like another penis name. 

Having said that when watching the official video on YouTube with captions on it says “Dixon vixen violins”. Pretty sure that’s gotta be wrong though. 
  • Options
    I find the "dicks and fix and fire things" to be clearest the last time he says it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    The lyrics are on iTunes , he clearly says , Grow their dicks fix & file things 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Sorry, but I just don't trust the kids in the Apple sweat shops to get that kind of thing right.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    BF25394 said:
    mattcoz said:
    A common frustration women express about men is that men always want to try to "fix" things when sometimes women just want to be heard/listened to.  That's the context I'm deducing for "boys want to... fix... things."
    Ohhhh, so it's "grow their dicks" and "fix and file things". That makes much more sense. Not sure how many boys get all excited about filing though. :P
    Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that the "official" lyrics have been wrong, so it probably is "fire". Boys want to grow their dicks, fix things, and fire things. Which, yeah, guilty.
    Post edited by mattcoz on
  • Options
    Sorry, but I just don't trust the kids in the Apple sweat shops to get that kind of thing right.
    I think those lyrics come from the artist's camp.  They are copyrighted.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Those kids are under a lot of stress, probably make more typos than usual.
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 246
    WH said:
    thanks for the transcription. I'm hearing:
    "Not one man could be greater than the sum" - commentary on all needing to work together
    definitely "their dicks and fix and fire things" - masculine stereotypes
    love the track!
    Yep...dicks & fix & fire things is what I hear. And Apple Music says this as well...in the UK anyway 😉
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Those kids are under a lot of stress, probably make more typos than usual.
    Hey, the kids are alright.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    I think "Vile things" would also sound right, but according to Apple's interpretation it's "File". I did see 2 different singles for sale on Amazon. A censored version and an uncensored one. I got it from iTunes with the album pre-order. It took a few minutes to show up on there, but it looks like there's 2-3 other songs with explicit lyrics?

Gigaton [Clean]

Gigaton [Explicit]

Awww yeah!!! Just saw this too. First explicit songs since Riot Act. 

• Options
    mattcoz said:
    I think it’s 3 different males stereotypes he talking about. Wanting to grow their dicks, fix things, & blow shit up!!! 😉😂

• Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    grow their dicks in pics and fire things,  seems like it would make the most sense... Im glad Im not the only one that was like 'What?' when I heard that lol 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    mattcoz said:
    Ed has introduced “The Fixer” live talking about this very point before 😉👍🏻

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,480
    Its about ignoring the problem.

Girls wanna dance away their circumstance.

Boys wanna grow their dicks....and fix and file things...
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.