Options

Lyrics??

Comments

• Options
    Wow. Lyrically  so much better than many previous on last couple albums. Wonderful and stones explanation is great to hear.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    I think I did all right with this.  Hardly perfect, but not too shabby given Eddie's famous lack of enunciation!
    you did great!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,243
    Thanks!
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    Pretty sure on the second chorus Ed sings "leaves a lot to endure" instead of ignore like the first chorus.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    That's actually what I originally transcribed, but I changed it based on the published lyric.  I definitely hear what you hear.
  • Options
    I hear endure also
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I think it’s fire things, not file things. Makes more sense 
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Figured it was "finer things."
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,461
    Werent those lyrics taken from Apple music? 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Fire things  makes total sence from eds views i say
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    edited January 2020
    I can only hear a censored “What the ____ is?” at the start of the second line. There’s an unnatural stop after ‘the’ that sounds like it’s a censored ‘fuck’ to me
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    I can only hear a censored “What the ____ is?” at the start of the second line. There’s an unnatural stop after ‘the’ that sounds like it’s a censored ‘fuck’ to me
    Yeah. I thought it was a censored fuck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Their dicks and fix and file things

Are we sure it isn't "fire things" ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

fire things would make more sense 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:

fire things would make more sense 
    Mm. Would be a classic Eddie double - fire rockets but also a dig at Trump. 
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I think "Vile things" would also sound right, but according to Apple's interpretation it's "File". I did see 2 different singles for sale on Amazon. A censored version and an uncensored one. I got it from iTunes with the album pre-order. It took a few minutes to show up on there, but it looks like there's 2-3 other songs with explicit lyrics?
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Fire things for sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825
    I think "Vile things" would also sound right, but according to Apple's interpretation it's "File". I did see 2 different singles for sale on Amazon. A censored version and an uncensored one. I got it from iTunes with the album pre-order. It took a few minutes to show up on there, but it looks like there's 2-3 other songs with explicit lyrics?

Gigaton [Clean]

Gigaton [Explicit]

• Options
    I'm not the grammar police but it should be a verb in this context, right?
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    demetrios said:

Gigaton [Clean]

Gigaton [Explicit]

Thanks - I can look at it in iTunes but it doesn't show me which ones are explicit. I love these titles! I also ordered a hard copy of the cd from 10C. :D
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Gdeady25Gdeady25 Brooklyn NY Posts: 22
    After listening more, I think the line is “Their dicks in pics and fire things” 

Given Ed has a teenage daughter the dick pic reference would make sense. And “fire things” because guns. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    Wow. Lyrically  so much better than many previous on last couple albums. Wonderful and stones explanation is great to hear.

Where is Stone's explanation?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 544

I 2nd that request. 
  • Options
    Its on that intro. Him explaining the process. I loved hearing  him 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,940
    edited January 2020
    Its on one of these threads  an intro from a radio station? Sorry i meant him explaining the song not the lyrics. My mistake i didnt write it well.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 544
    I'll just stand back. I don't want any spirit getting on me.
  • Options

YAKIMATSU said:

I 2nd that request. 
    I got ya dudez

https://youtu.be/SI6hVmekhSc
  • Options
    It's definitely an "f" sound, not a "p" sound.  I had actually changed it to "fix" before the Apple Music lyrics were posted, because that's what I was hearing.

A common frustration women express about men is that men always want to try to "fix" things when sometimes women just want to be heard/listened to.  That's the context I'm deducing for "boys want to... fix... things."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited January 2020
    I think the "fix things" stands in relation to "fire things". As in starting wars and bullshit. The "growing the dicks" is also in regards to this. Men drunk with power.

I believe it is basically about how the world would be better off in the hands of women.

And I think the clairvoyant-part is pretty much inspired by Greta T.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    Ok, so if we assume "dicks and fix and file things" is correct... what does that even mean? Dicks is obvious, we want to grow our dicks, sure. Fix, we're looking for the next bigger fix, like addicts, ok. File things? We want bigger files? Bigger cabinets? Bigger hard drives? :confused: