Options

Ticketmaster Issue with Oak and LA

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    The CSR seem to be in the dark too.  So not sure they know what’s going on, if someone gets lucky and talks to someone that actually is aware of this issue, please post. She couldn’t even tell if the late emails were legit or a mistake.  
    That's why I think anyone getting information from CSR is getting bad information.  It is unfortunate that they aren't provided more information on how to respond to questions about OAK and LA. 
  • Options
    feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 79
    Gosh, how many folks (me included) got that email?

I mean, how do you retract now?  Can you imagine the $hit-storm?

Heck, I have already booked travel arrangements.

Ahh, let's just hope it all works out.
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,282
    It's like losing your dog and then someone calls you and says they found the dog and took it to the pound and when you go pick him up it is not your dog.
    I take your point, but I just want to note that, if there is a person out there whose emotions upon failing to get tickets to a Pearl Jam show would be the same as his or her emotions upon losing a pet, that person might want to consult a mental health professional.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    BF25394 said:
    It's like losing your dog and then someone calls you and says they found the dog and took it to the pound and when you go pick him up it is not your dog.
    I take your point, but I just want to note that, if there is a person out there whose emotions upon failing to get tickets to a Pearl Jam show would be the same as his or her emotions upon losing a pet, that person might want to consult a mental health professional.
    Exactly!...just like people that like to point out the obvious.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Talked to tickets today rep, their manager, and their manager. They don’t see anything about me getting my oak night 1 tix and said that email likely got sent by mistake. It sure would be nice if someone from the 10c could way in on this. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    BF25394 said:
    I agree. I think of my dog like another child. And I'd give him up in a second for some tickets! No comparison! 
  • Options
    KC2917 said:
    Talked to tickets today rep, their manager, and their manager. They don’t see anything about me getting my oak night 1 tix and said that email likely got sent by mistake. It sure would be nice if someone from the 10c could way in on this. 
    I wouldn't take too much stock in that....there is something going on behind the scenes and there is no way all of the reps know the details.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    KC2917 said:
    Well this certainly sucks.  Waiting on a credit card charge that is never coming I guess.  Kcuf.  I don't have time to get tickets on Thursday. 
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Got an email back from 10c about my inquiry into the status of my LA1 request, they referred me to contact TM........ :skull:  
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    biosfearbiosfear Melbourne, Australia Posts: 19
    I’m in the same situation:
    -applied for BA for N1 & N2 Oakland
    -confirmed for N2 on the day of the draw
    -no notification about N1
    -emailed ticketstoday who sent an email saying I didn’t get tickets for N1
    -received an email 2 hours after the ticketstoday denial email saying I got N1 and a charge would be applied in 48 hours
    -no charge (yet) on the card after about 24 hours
    -waiting, watching the clock and card......
  • Options
    edited January 2020

It would be nice if the Ten Club would post something.  Clearly they have to see a lot of these emails went out on Monday night for four different shows.  The communication has been terrible on this.  How much time have we all wasted on this?  If 100 people have the same issue the Ten Club needs to step in and communicate instead of wasting our time.   They need to be better at this. 

We can't trust anything other than we know our credit cards aren't charged.  So until that happens I guess we assume we do not have tickets.  An official tweet from the 10C or TM would go a long way in resolving all of this.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:
    Got an email back from 10c about my inquiry into the status of my LA1 request, they referred me to contact TM........ :skull:  
    ok that is concerning....

• Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    KC2917 said:
    I wouldn't take too much stock in that....there is something going on behind the scenes and there is no way all of the reps know the details.
    The amount of cluelessness and discord between the various parties running this presale is astounding. No one seems to have any idea what they're doing, let alone what anyone else is doing.
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    Just called. Again. Now they say everyone will be notified on Wednesday the 23rd. We REALLY need an official statement from Ticketmaster and/or 10c because everytime you call the Ticketmaster number they give you a different story. I am sure 10c will ultimately get it all taken care of....it seems like a software error with the system simply not considering many entries. Dont know how they can fix it other than granting tickets if you can prove you entered and were shut out of the system. Everytime I call they can find my order by my request number, name, last 4 didgets of my credit card number, and my zip code. Only then do they see my name but have no power or ability to put me into the drawing. At some point they should be authorized to grant tickets at that point. Otherwise, without fixing the glitch, I dont see how my request will magically appear for the supposedly ongoing lottery. 
  • Options
    robbie said:
    Just called. Again. Now they say everyone will be notified on Wednesday the 23rd. We REALLY need an official statement from Ticketmaster and/or 10c because everytime you call the Ticketmaster number they give you a different story. I am sure 10c will ultimately get it all taken care of....it seems like a software error with the system simply not considering many entries. Dont know how they can fix it other than granting tickets if you can prove you entered and were shut out of the system. Everytime I call they can find my order by my request number, name, last 4 didgets of my credit card number, and my zip code. Only then do they see my name but have no power or ability to put me into the drawing. At some point they should be authorized to grant tickets at that point. Otherwise, without fixing the glitch, I dont see how my request will magically appear for the supposedly ongoing lottery. 

Wednesday the 22nd or Thursday the 23rd?
  • Options
    robbie said:

Wednesday the 22nd or Thursday the 23rd?
    This. We need to know if I have to try for tickets on Thurs the 23rd.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Its comical that even the day and date don't sync up! We're all screwed hahaha
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    robbie said:
    How many shows were messsd up?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    robbie said:
    How many shows were messsd up?
    Not sure, but they said LA and Oakland to me over the phone. So it sounds like it might just be isolated to those two cities.  Specifically I havent heard yes or no for LA1, but heard for LA2.
  • Options
    robbie said:
    It is insane that the Oakland draw was on Friday and it is Tuesday and we have no official word from TM or 10C about the ticket issue with Oakland and LA.   We have all of us emailing and making calls and sharing conflicting info that changes every hour and after every call.  It should NOT be Robbie's job to tell the other fans what is going on with these tickets. 
  • Options
    robbie said:
    It is insane that the Oakland draw was on Friday and it is Tuesday and we have no official word from TM or 10C about the ticket issue with Oakland and LA.   We have all of us emailing and making calls and sharing conflicting info that changes every hour and after every call.  It should NOT be Robbie's job to tell the other fans what is going on with these tickets. 
    To be fair, we did have official word from TM. Now we just need official word on that official word. 
  • Options
    KC2917 said:
    robbie said:
    To be fair, we did have official word from TM. Now we just need official word on that official word. 
    True.  But when bogus emails get sent out for the St. Louis show they should be more transparent that there are issues with Oak/LA so we can trust emails we receive.   I still choose to believe I’ve got a ticket.   
  • Options
    Yeah, we got emails (a few days late) saying we have tickets. If they fucked up sending those on top of already fucking up priority selections? I got nothin then.
  • Options
    Holy shit. The ups and downs of this. I just forwarded my email to Ticketmaster, I'll see if they say anything different to me.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, TM did send something out when they sent the bad emails for St. Louis. I'm hoping a lack of a notification like that means the Monday emails we received are still ok. Still no charge on my cc yet though. I just want to know one way or the other so I can attempt the presale if needed.  
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I don’t trust TM one bit. For all we know, they’ll send out an email tomorrow night saying it was a mistake.  Prepare yourselves for verified fan to fan, and hope to be surprised by a credit card charge sometime tomorrow.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    TracerTracer Posts: 102
    edited January 2020
    Remember that the CSRs have no idea what we’re talking about. The rep on the phone with me said “it shows you were drawn for another show, so maybe you got that one instead of this show”. 

What worries me is that someone unaware of the procedures like that caused whatever issue is happening with Oakland and LA and there’s no solution in sight but to say “fuck it, Friday’s winners are all there was”. 
    Post edited by Tracer on
  • Options
    It would sure be nice to hear something from 10C.  

• Options
    TracerTracer Posts: 102
    edited January 2020
    *bad edit
  • Options
    Tickets today just called me back. Confirmed both shows, so the emails were accurate. I need a drink.