Options

Who messed up? Fans or Ticketmaster???

Sounds like might be a little of both. Willing to bet lots of people didn't read the instructions but also doesn't make sense why so many people missed out of 99% shows while others received with 4th choice. Would be nice to hear some sort of update from 10club..

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Don't give 10C a pass on this. This is the process they entered into with Ticketmaster. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    TM seems to be pointing the finger at 10c.  But that still doesn't explain why we haven't received rejection emails.

That has to be a TM issue.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    Well, I still haven’t received confirmation yay or nay on Oakland 1... so...
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 236
    TM clearly messed up on the 2 night stands. 10c messed up by turning this process over to TM.
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    Ticketmaster in my case...bogus cancellation of STL email after having paid for tix.  Needless uncertainty of did I or didn’t I have tickets.  Cowabunga...cause there’s nothing worse than a Gremmie Out of Control.  New STL song request:  https://youtu.be/6Mu54N9NSaQ
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 735
    dcp3y said:
    Ticketmaster in my case...bogus cancellation of STL email after having paid for tix.  Needless uncertainty of did I or didn’t I have tickets.  Cowabunga...cause there’s nothing worse than a Gremmie Out of Control.  New STL song request:  https://youtu.be/6Mu54N9NSaQ

I thought there was an email that was sent out that said to ignore the cancellation email? But yes, this is kind of proof that TM didn't have it's act together
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,818
    edited January 2020
    1. I think fans may have entered multiple shows and then failed to correctly rank them on the next screen
    2. I think the odds were poorly done. The "published" odds when you entered were not finals odds, nor were they secured at that percentage in any way by you entering when you did.
    3. Again, the odds. Were these odds of winning for 1st priority only? Or for any entry? Poorly done.
    4. Some of the cancellations, email issues, etc do seem to be on TM
    Post edited by pjpitt89 on
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    1. I think fans may have entered multiple shows and then failed to correctly rank them on the next screen
    2. I think the odds were poorly done. The "published" odds when you entered were not finals odds, nor were they secured at that percentage in any way by you entering when you did.
    3. Some of the cancellations, email issues, etc do seem to be on TM
    The odds when you first enter cannot be accurate for obvious reasons. More people that put in, odds will go down. I checked right before deadline and every show was 99% except for NY and Baltimore. Maybe a few were indeed 98 or 97, still doesn't explain people missing out on first choice while others got 4th or 5th. Yes, definitely believe lot of people didn't realize that once you put in for a new show, you cancelled out last submission. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    3. Again, the odds. Were these odds of winning for 1st priority only? Or for any entry? Poorly done.
    I didn't fail to correctly rank anything.  I entered for Oak1 and Oak2 (BA) and got an email confirming that.  I then got accepted for Oak1 and nothing related to Oak2.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Yes
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    I didn't fail to correctly rank anything.  I entered for Oak1 and Oak2 (BA) and got an email confirming that.  I then got accepted for Oak1 and nothing related to Oak2.
    Did  you put in for both shows on the same submission?
  • Options
    It is a large combination of both.  See other threads.  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Here is my request. Confirmed for N2, heard nothing about N1. These are my only requests. This was my only submission. I didn't mess anything up, they did.

• Options
    JR86440 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Did  you put in for both shows on the same submission?
    yes....my email conf is identical to DoDaFoo's above except Sat was my priority 1

• Options

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Fan club for introducing a more complex presale format in a small window of time to react didn’t help. On the flipside, most communication was on point and detailed.

Fans that either didn’t read all official communication (website, emails, etc) during the process, hastily put in their request(s), or spread misinformation on the boards seemed like the culprit in most cases. It was a lot to read, but the less I paid attention to the boards the clearer the info became.

I lucked out on 50/50 of long shot requests - but my expectations were also still in line with the process and odds posted. And knowing the ones I missed still have 2-3 sales upcoming (Verified Fan, Public Sale, Fan Exchange), I’m not concerned yet.
  • Options
    There was a problem with Oakland and there was a problem with St Louis. The odds tool did not work as advertised. 

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Ticketmaster in my case.  I only chose Oak1 and oak2 both BA, was confirmed for Oak1 on Friday and cc charged.  I only entered the lottery the one time for fear of screwing it all up if I went back in to even check the odds. I just set it and forget it.  Never got any info about oak2 either way, and I still haven’t heard if I won or lost even though I’m certain I lost.  I had called cc company Saturday morning to be sure there wasn’t an issue or a duplicate rejected charge or anything and they said all was good and no issues on their end.  Definitely extremely let down as I dotted my I’s and crossed my T’s to protect myself from any user error before and during the process.  I’ll get tickets but won’t be using the BA selection in the fall.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I can’t speak for others but I read the directions closely and followed them for my submission. I received a confirmation from TM on my revised submission adding a second request for both requests. I did not get either B’more or MSG from Ten Club. 
     I don’t trust TM but think the culprit is largely East Coast demand for those two shows. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Why not design the software as idiot proof? That’s what I usually need.

for example, we are logging into our account with our Ticketmaster  IDs and code provided by 10c.the site knows exactly who the user is. Our 10c data could have been pre loaded once we enter the number that was assigned to us.

when we select our shows, have the next screen force us to rank, if we skip that process, have a red alert warning us to not proceed any further. 

when we subsequently log in to make changes, have our original selections show up and have any changes be to the data that is there , allow us to edit, add and or delete  what is there instead starting from scratch.

yes the instructions spelled it out but the websites are usually designed with required fields and Ticketmaster usually has our ticket history and upcoming shows on our home page and relevant personal data. No reason something similar couldn’t have been set up for changes to this lottery 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    There was definitely a lot of user error involved. But it also is looking more and more like TM had some processing issues as well.
     I agree with the idiot proofing mentioned above. There should have been some pop-up window warner people about new entries erasing old ones and other important info along the way. 

I put in for 2 shows and got both. I assume at first those who didn’t had some user error based on the amount of people admitting to not following the directions. But it seems like there’s a lot higher concentration of issues for cities with 2 shows and people not receiving any email. So it looks like there was some processing error too
  • Options
    yanknuckyanknuck Peterborough, ON Posts: 57
    As far as the odds go, before the draw actually started they probably were correct. The thing that messes everything up is the best available option. The method used to calculate odds isn't able to take in consideration "what is BA". Because of this, as soon as the draw started, the odds could never be accurate.
  • Options
    I don’t trust others to idiot proof stuff for me.  I’m too big of an idiot so I idiot proof myself.  Once I knew I was confused I called the TM/10c hotline and had them confirm my selections and read them off to me. That appears to have worked for me to rule out user/idiot error. If we go through this same process for leg 2 I would suggest everyone do this to rule out user error.  Sorry to those who feel they were screwed but maybe this can help next time.  
  • Options
    In the faq sent it said that entering a new entry replaces the old one.  You cannot idiot proof not reading instructions and having 3 days to do it in.  When 95% of the people didn’t have an issue you gotta look in the mirror a bit.  Not saying there might not have been TM shenanigans but user error would be my suspicion nearly all the time.  Especially when reading the questions posted on this board during the selection period by members.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,896
    In the faq sent it said that entering a new entry replaces the old one.  You cannot idiot proof not reading instructions and having 3 days to do it in.  When 95% of the people didn’t have an issue you gotta look in the mirror a bit.  Not saying there might not have been TM shenanigans but user error would be my suspicion nearly all the time.  Especially when reading the questions posted on this board during the selection period by members.
    Bingo
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    Everyone just needs to forget about the odds - the odds weren't the issue if you have people that put in Oakland as their top priority WITHOUT USER ERROR & others were winning with their fourth choice.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    I mean, we literally posted screenshots of orders above without any user error on them that TM messed up.
  • Options
    There was widespread user error. That is beyond dispute. However, claiming those errors explain away all the weirdness and irregularities we've seen is obtuse.

• Options
    Enough already with user error. 

We know for a Fact that there was a problem with the LA and Oakland shows. 
    The majority of people that requested both nights in one of these cities and put them in with priority 1 and 2 only got a confirmation for one of the shows and nothing for the other. 

This is not USER error. We have also received either e-mails or spoke to people at ten club/ Ticketmaster that are basically saying they are working on it.  

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    I agree to some extent. I read the rules and they weren’t that difficult. But if a simple alert pop up prevents hundreds of angry emails and calls, why not?
    i get an alert every time I try to delete an old email. Why not do something here?