Options

Who messed up? Fans or Ticketmaster???

Comments

• Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    They never should have, nor should again post the odds.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    It was me.

My bad.
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    It is probably an odds thing then.  I put very little faith into those odds.  Especially when TM
    has never done such a thing before.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791

TM, 10C and FANS

*too rushed...too many 'fine print rule's' 
    *pure hypocrisy of using TM at all .. .they are legalized thieves and PJ partnered with them...this one has me scratching my head the most

*idiotic to have to change your TM Account or even start a new one to ensure emails match
    *TM....missing surname on account of 10 years with a minimum of 2 monthly purchases
    *introducing a new system in a 3 day window to tour starved ravenous fans...ridiculous 

*GA GREED....I'm dead to rights on this one

Sincerely,

a bitter, entitled fan with 11/85 lifetime PJ Lotto results,

Andrew

i'm trying hard to be the shepherd 

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    TM seems to be pointing the finger at 10c.  But that still doesn't explain why we haven't received rejection emails.

That has to be a TM issue.
    I just got off the phone with support.  They claim that they sent out the e-mail and blamed hotmail.  Which is weird since we got everything else from them.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    Both. I've seen a number of people who made bad priority choices (someone who selected 12 shows, all GA and then blame TC when they didn't get selected).

User error on resubmitting picks (although they should have had a process in place for you to check your picks and make changes to them). 

But the odds were in no way calculated the same way as previous tours, there are obvious email problems, and some unexplained losers when people who had a lower priority picks won. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    There was a problem with Oakland and there was a problem with St Louis. The odds tool did not work as advertised. 
    Isn't that going to happen every time there's a new process?  I know that I screwed up and had the wrong name associated with the credit card on my first entry.  I had to go back and submit a new request to fix it.  I also think that having two levels (Ten Club and Ticketmaster) basically doubles the chance of something not matching, being entered incorrect, etc.

Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Both. I've seen a number of people who made bad priority choices (someone who selected 12 shows, all GA and then blame TC when they didn't get selected).

User error on resubmitting picks (although they should have had a process in place for you to check your picks and make changes to them). 

But the odds were in no way calculated the same way as previous tours, there are obvious email problems, and some unexplained losers when people who had a lower priority picks won. 
    Yes. There is plenty of blame to go around. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    It's 10:05am in Seattle. Do you know where your fan club is?

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    It's 10:05am in Seattle. Do you know where your fan club is?
    lol
  • Options
    Two things that I think were not user error:

1) The incorrect "did not win" STL emails that were sent out after winning
    2)  Lack of notification (at least) for 2 night shows where you picked both as first and second picks (LA, OAK).  At a minimum, they didn't send emails.  At worst, they ignored your second entry.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,243
    Ticketmaster has admitted priority didnt matter and they had software issues. So there is that.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Ticketmaster has admitted priority didnt matter and they had software issues. So there is that.
    Seriously? They admit they didn't take priorities in to account? At all?
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,175
    I was just told the same that priority didnt matter from TM and told to take it up with 10c... as they setup of the process, I said obviously TM didtnt follow the process..... Holding for a manager at TM .. 

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    Can we just start over?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Some CSR that has no idea what they are talking about said that.  It's simply not true.
  • Options
    jbaker67jbaker67 Posts: 352
    Sarava said:

If this was the case, we would be seeing people who had MSG and Baltimore as priority 2 or greater getting tickets, and we haven't seen that happen. 

2000: Camden 9/1 2003: Camden 7/5, Hershey 2004: Reading 2006: Camden 5/28 2008: Camden 6/19, 6/20 2009: Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 2012: Philadelphia 2016: Philadelphia 4/28, New York City 5/2 2018: Seattle 8/8, 8/10 2019: Innings Fest 2021: Sea.Hear.Now, Ohana 2022: Baltimore, Camden, Louisville, St. Louis 2023: Saint Paul 8/31, 9/2

• Options
    Ticketmaster is throwing Ten Club under the bus and Ten Club is nowhere to be found with a response. 

• Options
    jbaker67 said:
    Sarava said:

If this was the case, we would be seeing people who had MSG and Baltimore as priority 2 or greater getting tickets, and we haven't seen that happen. 
    Yeah that makes sense.

I just called the number because I never got an email about 2 of the 3 shows I put in for. They actually had a person on to speak to me in less than 2 minutes and he cleared everything up for me. So they're being helpful on the phone - at least for my situation.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,175
    I wonder how seat assignments will go...!!  
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    pjpitt89 said:
    1. I think fans may have entered multiple shows and then failed to correctly rank them on the next screen
    2. I think the odds were poorly done. The "published" odds when you entered were not finals odds, nor were they secured at that percentage in any way by you entering when you did.
    3. Again, the odds. Were these odds of winning for 1st priority only? Or for any entry? Poorly done.
    4. Some of the cancellations, email issues, etc do seem to be on TM
    I didn't fail to correctly rank anything.  I entered for Oak1 and Oak2 (BA) and got an email confirming that.  I then got accepted for Oak1 and nothing related to Oak2.
    I got exactly the same thing - just with OAK 2 as Priority 1 and OAK 1 as Priority 2.

No email received either way.  I don't think we were entered in. 
    Lots of other glitches also 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Swordo said:
    Agreed.  Just nip the problem in the bud.
  • Options
    Swordo said:
    Agreed.  Just nip the problem in the bud.
    Certainly no need to include it in the entry emails. Those numbers were guaranteed to go down and including them served no purpose. 

• Options
    GludfssrGludfssr Posts: 56
    edited January 2020
    The problem was with Oakland and Los Angeles having 2 shows.  
    If you put both shows in with your 1st two priorities you only got the 1st one and the second was disregarded by the software that was used for picking out the winners.  
    I just spoke to a supervisor at Tickets Today that in not so many ways agreed with this. 

Had I have known this I would have put them in different priority order. 

Ten Club needs to address this.  
    We might need to keep pushing until we get a response for what happened.  

• Options
    Gludfssr said:
    If you put both shows in with your 1st two priorities you only got the 1st one and the second was disregarded by the software that was used for picking out the winners.  
    I just spoke to a supervisor at Tickets Today that in not so many ways agreed with this. 

Hmm, why would that happen for priorities #1 and #2, but not other numbers? For example, I had LA1 as my #2 and LA2 as my #3, and got both shows.
  • Options
    Gludfssr said:

This did not happen to everyone, so I don't believe the explanation
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    here is another thread where people with little to no history are making claims and people are taking them at face value truth.  Be MUCH MORE skeptical folks, be much more skeptical. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    So much misinformation being spread. 
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    They should just cancel the tour and sue Ticketmaster again. 
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 239
    PB11041 said:
    here is another thread where people with little to no history are making claims and people are taking them at face value truth.  Be MUCH MORE skeptical folks, be much more skeptical. 
    I've been a 10c member for 6 years but don't post much. I posted a screenshot of my order in this thread. I didn't make any mistakes, I placed my order correctly, yet was apparently not confirmed (Best Available) for my #2 priority show which some people got confirmed with as their 5th-8th priority.

Many people who requested both LA and Oakland shows as their #1 and #2 priority had the exact same issue I did. We are not lying. TM (or more specifically Tickets Today) messed up the process for some shows. It's obvious.