Options

Who messed up? Fans or Ticketmaster???

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Gludfssr said:
    The problem was with Oakland and Los Angeles having 2 shows.  
    If you put both shows in with your 1st two priorities you only got the 1st one and the second was disregarded by the software that was used for picking out the winners.  
    I just spoke to a supervisor at Tickets Today that in not so many ways agreed with this. 

Had I have known this I would have put them in different priority order. 

Ten Club needs to address this.  
    We might need to keep pushing until we get a response for what happened.  

This did not happen to everyone, so I don't believe the explanation
    This is EXACTLY what happened to me.  First choice BA oak1, second choice BA oak 2.  That was all, and I got the first choice tix and my second was never run.  Had one idiot at TM IN WRITING tell me I went back in and changed my request, ON THE PHONE had a cs rep tell me that was flat out not true and there was no evidence on their side that I ever entered the site an second time. The system
    screwed up, and I pretty much think that if I had thrown a different show in the middle as my priority 2 and made OAK2 a priority 3, I would have gotten all 3
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Gonzo1977 said:
    They should just cancel the tour and sue Ticketmaster again. 
    :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gludfssr said:
    If you put both shows in with your 1st two priorities you only got the 1st one and the second was disregarded by the software that was used for picking out the winners.  
    I just spoke to a supervisor at Tickets Today that in not so many ways agreed with this. 

This is EXACTLY what happened to me.  First choice BA oak1, second choice BA oak 2.  That was all, and I got the first choice tix and my second was never run.  Had one idiot at TM IN WRITING tell me I went back in and changed my request, ON THE PHONE had a cs rep tell me that was flat out not true and there was no evidence on their side that I ever entered the site an second time. The system
    screwed up, and I pretty much think that if I had thrown a different show in the middle as my priority 2 and made OAK2 a priority 3, I would have gotten all 3
    Possibly, who knows at this point
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Gludfssr said:

Anyone who takes a level 1 CSR's explanations as gospel should know better. I've had situations where four TM reps gave me four responses.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226
    edited January 2020
    Gludfssr said:

Possibly, who knows at this point
    And that's poor customer relations / support.  Someone needs to step up and communicate something.  We (the multi-show LA and Oak people) knew there was an issue on Friday when people with lower priority for these shows started posting their ticket request was filled while ours were not.  Acknowledge there was an issue and that it will be addressed.

The incorrect tickets denied e-mails for Nashville and St. Louis were acknowledged and addressed right away.  Sea posted on here about it on Saturday evening.
    Post edited by Spurs14 on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    Too many fans and too few tickets.  The major issue is that the band hasn’t done a proper US tour for a very long time and now they’re only doing two shows in the entire northeast.  They’re hyping a new album and tour but have very few tickets to sell.  We should have seen it from the start... this sale was destined to turn out like this.  All things considered I’m grateful I got tickets to one show.  Hopefully the fall will bring a bunch of dates so everyone can get in the door. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Too many fans and too few tickets.  The major issue is that the band hasn’t done a proper US tour for a very long time and now they’re only doing two shows in the entire northeast.  They’re hyping a new album and tour but have very few tickets to sell.  We should have seen it from the start... this sale was destined to turn out like this.  All things considered I’m grateful I got tickets to one show.  Hopefully the fall will bring a bunch of dates so everyone can get in the door. 
    Agreed on all counts. 

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    Good times 
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    What about Tickets Today? I read in another discussion where they were part of this.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226
    edited January 2020

• Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    I don't know how a lottery could take into account one's priority, if all shows requested REGARDLESS of priority are put in for that lottery ... unless it's a weighted system. If someone puts in for 2 shows then that 2nd show should only carry 1/2 of the chance so someone's 1st priority if priority is actually weighed (if it's the 8th priority, then it would carry 1/8 the chance of someone's first priority). Who the eff knows, lol.
    Post edited by agentpinckney on
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Both. I've seen a number of people who made bad priority choices (someone who selected 12 shows, all GA and then blame TC when they didn't get selected).

User error on resubmitting picks (although they should have had a process in place for you to check your picks and make changes to them). 

But the odds were in no way calculated the same way as previous tours, there are obvious email problems, and some unexplained losers when people who had a lower priority picks won. 
    They were not calculated the same due to BA in my opinion. How do you properly account reserved odds when you don’t know if they will get GA or not?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    I posted this in another thread.  To me the odds were definitely messed up.

I was just talking to a few of my friends (7 in all including myself) who tried for msg as their first and only ticket request.  All of us put in best available and only one of us won tickets.  At 57% you think more would have won tickets. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    mcgruff10 said:

I was just talking to a few of my friends (7 in all including myself) who tried for msg as their first and only ticket request.  All of us put in best available and only one of us won tickets.  At 57% you think more would have won tickets. 
    The odds definitely seemed to be off or they didn’t explain properly what the odds were actually referring to... first choice vs. all choices. 

I think all shows with the odds at 99% really jacked people’s expectations way up and that is a huge source for most of the anger.  If you told people ahead of time that there was a good chance they were going to get shut out then people could have managed their expectations better.  Instead we had a huge letdown for most people.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    mcgruff10 said:

Think of it this way. Your six friends and you each had a coin to flip. Knowing the odds were close to 50%, you hoped yours landed on 'heads'. Yours landed on heads, but your friends' coins landed on tails. Your assumption seems to be that your friends' coins had tails on both sides. My assumption is you got some bad (but not suspiciously bad) luck. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    I'd love to be on the conference call tomorrow between 10C and TM. 
    Post edited by BennyLaRue on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Think of it this way. Your six friends and you each had a coin to flip. Knowing the odds were close to 50%, you hoped yours landed on 'heads'. Yours landed on heads, but your friends' coins landed on tails. Your assumption seems to be that your friends' coins had tails on both sides. My assumption is you got some bad (but not suspiciously bad) luck. 
    Odds where no wheres near 50%. Take into account all of the GA that won and could not be considered for the RES draw as well as everyone that put NY as a second or worse pick. 1st priority MSG should have been an easy 90% show.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Odds where no wheres near 50%. Take into account all of the GA that won and could not be considered for the RES draw as well as everyone that put NY as a second or worse pick. 1st priority MSG should have been an easy 90% show.
    No way it was 90% if the odds only took 1st priority into account. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Has this been confirmed? I was going by the old system. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Why do you think this? The MSG odds in 2016 were nowhere near 90%.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Has this been confirmed? I was going by the old system. 
    No, but if it was by the old system, I would agree with you. I just don't believe they were going by the old system based on results from other shows
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sorry the numbers in my head included a pit that was the size of a full arena like Europe and not the smaller US size so my 90% is def off. 

I am just talking first priority here and my thoughts are that after you subtract GA from the equation since they can no longer be chosen for RES and also take away second priorities and worse that 57% should go up significantly as a first pick. Not the actual number you see on the odds page but the true first pick number. 

That is if they in fact used all priorities in the odds calculation.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Do the odds only count if you were selected for the lottery? I mean, it's a lottery system right. You submit your request for the chances of a lottery. IF you are randomly selected, then they take into account your selected priorities. But you have to be selected.

I dont think the odds or priorities count unless you are actually selected in the random drawing. I cant remember if I've ever won in a drawing...at least not in any traditional 10c lottery. This is the first time and I've been in this for 20 years.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The odds definitely seemed to be off or they didn’t explain properly what the odds were actually referring to... first choice vs. all choices. 

I think all shows with the odds at 99% really jacked people’s expectations way up and that is a huge source for most of the anger.  If you told people ahead of time that there was a good chance they were going to get shut out then people could have managed their expectations better.  Instead we had a huge letdown for most people.  
    I think you’re dead on with this. They should have just put green yellow or red to show basic demand, nothing else or not even colors at all.  We all got our hopes us and it stung more.  Still doesn’t explain why my #2 pick lost (or so they say because I never did get an answer, I just gave up the fight) and some else’s 8th pick win, but whatevs.  I think they should eliminate BA and eliminate the odds for the fall tour lotto.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    CL93527CL93527 Posts: 22
    edited January 2020
    Gludfssr said:

i put la reserved for my top two and only picks and got declined both. got emails for both.

response from 10c:

Please know whenever a Ten Club ticket presale is announced, eligible members will have the opportunity to try for tickets through the Ten Club. Every eligible member has the same chance at being selected. This drawing system levels the playing field and makes it fair to all paying members. Not everyone will be lucky in a case where there are less tickets than ticket entries, but those who do end up with tickets will have obtained them fairly and without any special advantages over any other members.

Pearl Jam shows: Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back.

We are sorry you did not get Ten Club tickets. Even though we were able to more than double the amount of tickets accessible to our members, fans did not get tickets for the following reasons:

• They only entered for GA (this was the biggest widespread reason fans did not get tickets)
    • Entered for both GA, Reserved or ADA in a city where the demand outweighed the supply, even by 1% in some cases.
    • Submitted invalid Ten Club info

If you registered for the Verified Fan Public Presale, you'll have another shot at tickets during Thursday's presale. If you didn't register in time for that, then your next opportunity will be through the general public sale on Friday:
    https://pearljam.com/tour

Final Ticket Odds:
    Toronto ON GA: 32.03% Res: 99.00%
    Ottawa, ON GA: 56.17% Res: 99.00%
    Quebec City GA: 75.47% Res: 99.00%
    Hamilton GA: 40.37% RES: 99.00%
    Baltimore GA: 14.47% RES: 65.20%
    NY, NY GA: 9.66% RES: 57.22%
    Nashville, TN GA: 19.65% RES: 99.00%
    St Louis MO GA: 20.08% RES: 99.00%
    OKC GA: 59.29% RES: 99.00%
    Denver GA: 20.36% RES: 99.00%