Options

**St. Louis 2022 Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    @SHZA
    Is that u on the floor wearing the TOTD tour shirt I sold ya!? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,895
    Hi everyone. Happy St Louis day!! It's finally here! 
    Long day driving from NW Indiana today.

2½ years later! And fit in the aquarium and the Arch. Productive day
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    For anyone walking back to the Arch area hotels after the  show, it seems going parallel but one block south of Market St. might be a good plan. There is a pretty sketchy looking area on Market St.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 890
    For anyone walking back to the Arch area hotels after the  show, it seems going parallel but one block south of Market St. might be a good plan. There is a pretty sketchy looking area on Market St.
    did you find GA??
  • Options
    No, I never did. There were some released as I was driving down here but never was able to get lucky enough. But I am lucky to be here. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,408
    @SHZA
    Haha no, I'm directly in front of the air drummer in 101 H!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,955
    SHZA said:
    @SHZA
    Thanks for the vids! Your view is fantastic
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    Great set. What did everybody think of the sound tonight? It seemed a bit off and echoy. Maybe the arena?
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    Show was AMAZING!  Merch was ridiculous.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    Sound in my area was pretty good. I walked in at 6 and scored what I needed in about 10 minutes! I may be done with the merch truck during the day!
  • Options
    BH38140BH38140 Posts: 10
    edited September 2022
    Loved the setlist. Merch was out of this world ridiculous.  The sound was off, the mic was even sketchy at time when Ed was talking.  The band timing was off or something.  The sound was...disappointing at times.  Again, I loved the setlist. Sound and performance quality were just off.  It has been 8 years since they were in STL.  Missed not getting a poster.  Very disappointed about that.

Also, I thought the crowd was flat at times. In particular, when PJ went off stage for the encore, there was no crowd reaction. No calling the band back out on stage.  It was quietest I have heard a crowd, while they are waiting for the band to come back out. Just an observation.
    Post edited by BH38140 on
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    Stupid Covid... Between Rats in Nashville and Glorified G here, I'd have finished Vs. And my partner would have heard Of the Girl, one of her whales. At least they didn't play You Are at either show. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    BH38140 said:
    Loved the setlist. Merch was out of this world ridiculous.  The sound was off, the mic was even sketchy at time when Ed was talking.  The band timing was off or something.  The sound was...disappointing at times.  Again, I loved the setlist. Sound and performance quality were just off.  It has been 8 years since they were in STL.  Missed not getting a poster.  Very disappointed about that.

Also, I thought the crowd was flat at times. In particular, when PJ went off stage for the encore, there was no crowd reaction. No calling the band back out on stage.  It was quietest I have heard a crowd, while they are waiting for the band to come back out. Just an observation.
    Man. I have the 100% opposite opinion haha!! It was a bit echoey but its a hockey arena 🤷‍♂️  They cant do much to change that echo. That said, after the mellow openers I thought they really had the sound dialed in, i could hear everything in section 105. The crowd was on fire all night and started cheering loudly a couple minutes after they walked off, I mean cmon man, we needed a break too! 
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    BH38140 said:
    The crowd not cheering during the encore break is becoming more normal, I think, as most (if not all) know that the band is coming back out - it's not a true "encore" anymore, except for rare instances, and even then, it's after the "encore" set, and usually before the band leaves the stage.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Pretty frigging fanatics seats!  Sat with my buddy whose been in 10C since the early 90s.  Sat in front of the Seattle firefighter Ed called out and I was on the jumbotron, Hopper Penn was one section over.  Incredible seats/show!

or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    Pretty frigging fanatics seats!  Sat with my buddy whose been in 10C since the early 90s.  Sat in front of the Seattle firefighter Ed called out and I was on the jumbotron, Hopper Penn was one section over.  Incredible seats/show!

You must have been right behind me! If you saw a tall guy in a white PJ soccer jersey...that was me. 
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 890

You must have been right behind me! If you saw a tall guy in a white PJ soccer jersey...that was me. 
    were you at the Gramaphone before the show...?!
  • Options

NICE!!! Yes - row 3, 102. ‘‘Twas a great time!
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    RK50065 said:

were you at the Gramaphone before the show...?!
    Indeed I was!

• Options

NICE!!! Yes - row 3, 102. ‘‘Twas a great time!
    Great stuff, man!

I-L-L
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    SHZA said:
    @SHZA
    Haha! That guy was funny! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Agreed seemed the echo/reverb was bad in Sec B so much so it was hard to understand Eddie when he was talking.  I was at the arena for the 2014 show but I was in GA back then so maybe being closer to the stage makes the difference in the hockey stadium.  I also forgot how cold they key that place couldn't feel my feet when we left.
    Kansas City 1998  /\  Kansas City 2000  /\  Kansas City 2003  /\  St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021 /\ St. Louis 2022  /\  OKC 2022  /\  Chicago N1 & N2 2023

• Options
    Show was terrific as always. The sound in that arena sucks though. Lots of echo. Nashville was way better and the sound at Bourbon and beyond was even better than St. Louis, but the guys brought it each night. 

Would have changed a few songs up to skip some Nashville repeats, but really who cares, they were great. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 182
    Just tested positive for Covid for the first time. Went to Nashville and STL. Ugh. 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,170
    edited September 2022
    I thought it sounded great in section 118 but I was in happy heaven so maybe didn't notice. Sound at Bridgestone was worse for me in sec 105. Ed dedicated Sad to me so I was on cloud 9. 
  • Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    STL locals, looking for your best and favorite record stores you’d recommend hitting up.  I’m hoping to go to at least one on Monday morning/early afternoon before leaving town.  Been trying to look up good BBQ places or restaurant to hit for lunch that day and it seems a lot of them are closed Mondays, not sure if record stores are similar. Apologies if it’s already been mentioned in thread.
    Not a local but I’ll be hitting up vintage vinyl and having BBQ in the Delmar loop area on Sunday before the show.
    Euclid records in Webster is my favorite record store in STL. It is not near enterprise though, about 15-20 minutes west. 
    Thanks! 15-20 minutes is no problem at all. I’m not in GA, I’m 47 so shirts, posters, pins, and stickers have no meaning to me, especially standing in line for said stuff. I’ll be showing up to the enterprise center shortly before showtime. Looking forward to spending some time in other areas of St. Louis.
    Cool. Webster Groves (I live there) has a fairly small little downtown but it’s pretty awesome. Some great bars and restaurants all walking distance from Euclid Records. 

I definitely recommend Perrenial a small batch brewery and restaurant right there near Euclid. 
    Just scrolling through this thread and saw your Webster recommendations and that you live in Webster.  I live in Webster as well.  Kinda cool knowing there are other 10 Club members near by. 
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,075
    I thought the sound when Josh played was terrible, I couldn't hear a word he said down in GA.

But for everything else and my first GA show, I had a blast. Great group of people that I was around. We all had a great time together.
    The setlist was amazing and I got to finish off both Ten and Vs back-to-back with Glorified G and Once. Transitions were great and Eddie smashing that uke was hilarious!!!

Also...Can't say enough great things about the staff at the Enterprise Center either. They did one of the best jobs I have ever seen at a concert.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    BSully said:
    I thought the sound when Josh played was terrible, I couldn't hear a word he said down in GA.

But for everything else and my first GA show, I had a blast. Great group of people that I was around. We all had a great time together.
    The setlist was amazing and I got to finish off both Ten and Vs back-to-back with Glorified G and Once. Transitions were great and Eddie smashing that uke was hilarious!!!

Also...Can't say enough great things about the staff at the Enterprise Center either. They did one of the best jobs I have ever seen at a concert.
    Totally agree with the statement about the staff at Enterprise.  I was in GA there in 2014 and the whole process leading up to getting onto the floor was a total disaster.  This time they had it down to a science.  Told everyone in the morning what was going to be the schedule/process and followed through with it.  Totally impressed.
  • Options
    Enterprise had about the worst beer selection I've seen in years.  And long, slow lines.  Nashville was light years better in those regards.  But once the band hits the stage all of that is forgotten and it's nothing but joy!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I concur.  Not an IPA to be had in the whole building.  I stooped to drinking Bud "Select."  Yuck.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.