Bill Simmons Podcast

Comments

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    edited January 2020
    Outside of Shazam I have confirmation that this is legit
    Post edited by Sobelberg8 on
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Outside of Shazam I have confirmation that this is legit. Second song titled Super Blood Moon with mid-February release
    Is that a Super Nintendo sequel to the NES classic Yellow Moon?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Outside of Shazam I have confirmation that this is legit. Second song titled Super Blood Moon with mid-February release
    Correct.  And “Blood Moon 64” is due out in May
  • Outside of Shazam I have confirmation that this is legit. Second song titled Super Blood Moon with mid-February release
    Correct.  And “Blood Moon 64” is due out in May

Outside of Shazam I have confirmation that this is legit. Second song titled Super Blood Moon with mid-February release
    I want Wii Blood Moon where I get hit in the face with a controller while listening to the songg
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    BF25394 said:
    The synth part is the bit that sounds uncharacteristic of Pearl Jam's oeuvre to this point.  The bass line sounds like "Cannonball" by the Breeders.  But, sure, it could be Pearl Jam.  If it is, I'm definitely curious to hear where it goes from there.
    The Cannonball comparison is spot on.  When I first heard this clip I thought it sounded very familiar.  Pretty wild direction if this is DoC.  The acoustic version of this should be interesting...
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 385
    I'm a regular Bill Simmons listener, so here are my thoughts:

1.) He's not a "fake" PJ fan, he regularly lists the best PJ gigs he's been to and has had that Corduroy live intro and Yellow Ledbetter outro for a few years now after using 2Pac's "Picture Me Rollin'".

2.) The majority of The Ringer podcasts use licensed generic music for intro's and outro's, with his being the only outlier.

3.) This is not his son's music, his son is a pre-teen who does soundcloud rap.

4.) This is VERY likely a snippet of the new PJ single because the podcast STILL uses Yellow Ledbetter as the outro on the episode. If he were to replace PJ on the intro then he would do it on the outro.
    Probably is the new single.... but also kinda does sound like SoundCloud rap
  • robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    source? 
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited January 2020
    Folks -  it is the new single.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
    vedpunk said:
    Hope so.  I want something crazy different
  • vedpunk said:
    Does it get better than the clip?
  • vedpunk said:
    Hope so.  I want something crazy different
    Yeah I think I’m ready for this too. I first dismissed the notion that this could even be the single. But after a few listens, I’m at least interested. I’m almost trying to “envision” Eddie’s voice coming in. Almost as it does in You Are. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,279
    vedpunk said:
    Glad I wasn’t the only one with that thought. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    vedpunk said:
    Glad I wasn’t the only one with that thought. 
    x2

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    robis726 said:
    source? 
    "Outside of Shazam"
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    vedpunk said:
    Considering it's only bass and drums, I'm guessing Mike and Stone's guitars will kick in not long after that 10 second intro. So, it could get better, if you think the guitars will make it better. I'm very interested to see where this songs goes after that clip.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field

• kramer73 said:
    robis726 said:
    source? 
    "Outside of Shazam"
    Source is legit and I don’t screw around when it comes to this stuff. Wouldn’t lie to anyone for the sake of causing a stir. Just know that this is indeed how the Clairvoyants dance and if you don’t trust me, you’ll have to wait next week

• Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    I cant help but hear NIN in this tiny snippet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqymo0sVUwE
    I really hope this isn’t PJ’s “Scream” 😕
  • I really hope this isn’t PJ’s “Scream” 😕
    Exactly what I was thinking
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    Omg, you guys are too funny!
    Great beat. Had my kid n I bouncing!
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Again....just wait until you hear some guitar on it.   

I remember freaking out that they had a song called "Love Boat Captain"....turned out to be a great song, a tribute to the people who died at Roskilde. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
  • I am always the positive one.
    This song sounds awful - hope I'm wrong!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    All fucking in on this

Did they spend some time with David Byrne? 
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Again....just wait until you hear some guitar on it.   

I remember freaking out that they had a song called "Love Boat Captain"....turned out to be a great song, a tribute to the people who died at Roskilde. 

I know. I’m trying. It’s just right now it sounds like 21 pilots. And they suck. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    All fucking in on this

I’m liking the sound too. A lot of people want Ten Part 2 and they will be sorely disappointed. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    All fucking in on this

I’m liking the sound too. A lot of people want Ten Part 2 and they will be sorely disappointed. 
    Not Ten Part 2, but not New Wave music. I want Rock. Again, trying to withhold judgement until the entire song is out. 
  • jjm33jjm33 Posts: 201
    All fucking in on this

Not Ten Part 2, but not New Wave music. I want Rock. Again, trying to withhold judgement until the entire song is out. 
    Agree. Color me scared...
    edited January 2020
    I just enjoy when PJ experiments.  I could make a two CD collection of garage rockers like Getaway, Gonna See My Friend, Got Some, SPTBC, etc.  They’re good but id rather something really different this time.