Bill Simmons Podcast

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    Listen to the first 24 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdwsXLmrHE
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Listen to the first 24 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdwsXLmrHE
    Nice catch. Makes me even more curious where they go with it..
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 385
    Extended clip sounds like PJ was influenced by "Axel F"... and strangely I'm starting to dig it!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    The fact McCready said it was "confusing" album to make leads me to believe there will be little if any guitars on this album which could be very troublesome (Chris Cornell's 'Scream', anyone?)
    Radiohead more or less ditched guitars 20 years ago, so it could also be sublime.  (Not to be confused with Sublime.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I'm not a fan of Radiohead post 1997. Hahaha. Seriously. :-)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • jjm33jjm33 Posts: 201
    So does DoC just show up on Spotify at midnight tonight? How / when is it released?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    jjm33 said:
    So does DoC just show up on Spotify at midnight tonight? How / when is it released?
    They said the 22nd. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 79
    edited January 2020
    myoung321 said:
    http://www.alternativenation.net/pearl-jam-new-song-leaks-nine-inch-nails-surprise/

Another AN article where they just lift from the forum and with a clickbaity NIN reference to boot.
    Then stop sharing links... 
    I'm sure people would like to see themselves being quoted.
    Of course they do. They say they hate it but can't stop commenting about it. Couldn't be more obvious. I had never heard of the site before until I read about it here. So here is some more free advertising. Please visit www.alternativenation.net 

When did I say I hate it? I laugh at their ineptitude and actively share examples of it. If they make 14 cents off our clicks, they're welcome to it.
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022, Barcelona x 2 2024
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    If you use SoundHound, it doesn’t recognize the song or album, and doesn’t suggest it’s PJ. Shazam sources the YouTube clip in order to ID the clip. Not convinced yet that this is PJ
    The hosts of this podcast are a DC radio station DJ and a Sony rep. Sounds legit. The additional info adds legitimacy.

Big ol McCready solo?

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    BF25394 said:
    The fact McCready said it was "confusing" album to make leads me to believe there will be little if any guitars on this album which could be very troublesome (Chris Cornell's 'Scream', anyone?)
    Radiohead more or less ditched guitars 20 years ago, so it could also be sublime.  (Not to be confused with Sublime.)
    While talented, I don't think PJ's band members are that musically inclined to produce non-guitar driven music.  Songs that have a lot of piano are very basic (LBC, Wasted Reprise).  Mike and Ed seem to be learning piano lately and I don't know that I've ever heard Matt or Stone talk about playing the piano. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 966
    igotid88 said:
    jjm33 said:
    They said the 22nd. 
    thought is was the 21st?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    BF25394 said:
    They didn’t ditch them at all. They’re stIll a guitar band, they just use them differently from most other rock bands. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    DewieCox said:
    BF25394 said:
    They didn’t ditch them at all. They’re stIll a guitar band, they just use them differently from most other rock bands. 
    Exactly
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited January 2020
    I bought everything up to ok computer. Controversial opinion but lost interest with everything after, thought of going back and giving the other stuff a try. I picked up Hail to the Thief and the Com Lag EP when they were cheap but Ive probably listened to them once. Where should I go post ok computer everyone.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    edited January 2020
    https://www.radiohead.com/library

Here you go dude....they just released this

Hail to the Thief has great stuff on it.  There There is a defining Radiohead tune.

I really like A Moon Shaped Pool.  There is a lot of good guitar on there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    https://www.radiohead.com/library

Here you go dude....they just released this

Hail to the Thief has great stuff on it.  There There is a defining Radiohead tune.

I really like A Moon Shaped Pool.  There is a lot of good guitar on there.
    Was just about to post that as well. Very cool.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JG108535JG108535 Posts: 187
    Oh man...you're missing out!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Radiohead is incredible

not for everyone
  • JG108535JG108535 Posts: 187
    FR181798 said:
    I bought everything up to ok computer. Controversial opinion but lost interest with everything after, thought of going back and giving the other stuff a try. I picked up Hail to the Thief and the Com Lag EP when they were cheap but Ive probably listened to them once. Where should I go post ok computer everyone.
    Hail To The Thief.....some of their best work, IMO. Amazing production too.
    In Rainbows is really good too.
    DO IT!
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    CROJAM95 said:
    Radiohead is incredible

not for everyone
    Agree!  I love Radiohead. In Rainbows is absolutely amazing. Anyone who stopped listening after OK Computer has missed out, IMO. But agree that different people have different tastes. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    DEGBTI said:
    igotid88 said:
    jjm33 said:
    They said the 22nd. 
    thought is was the 21st?
    That’s what Universal said in a mail. Someone posted about a radio station (in Seattle?) to debut it at 9pm on the 21st, so basically the 22nd for most
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    JPPJ84 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    igotid88 said:
    jjm33 said:
    They said the 22nd. 
    thought is was the 21st?
    That’s what Universal said in a mail. Someone posted about a radio station (in Seattle?) to debut it at 9pm on the 21st, so basically the 22nd for most
    The email from Ten Club yesterday said the single is out Wednesday January 22nd
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    This thing is leaking today or tomorrow right?
    www.myspace.com
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    RP112579 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    igotid88 said:
    jjm33 said:
    They said the 22nd. 
    thought is was the 21st?
    The email from Ten Club yesterday said the single is out Wednesday January 22nd
    I know 
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited January 2020
    Hopefully they stick with the guitar music even though it might not be cool with a lot of today's music fans. 

I fear the band is trying to sound super modern and we all know how well 50 years old trying to be hip and modern usually goes. Hahaha.

If they are using playback and pre-recorded parts it will be a bummer.

Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Hopefully they stick with the guitar music even though it might not be cool with a lot of today's music fans. 

I fear the band is trying to sound super modern and we all know how well 50 years old trying to be hip and modern usually goes. Hahaha.

Or they could be trying for an 80's retro vibe....which I would totally be down for if they can pull it off. 

I just wish for the more experimental Jack Irons Era PJ. Maybe they tried channeling that...
    www.myspace.com
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089

I like Backspacer and LB just fine but to be honest I don't really need another one. They can go ahead and try some new stuff.  
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Talking Heads vibe is not a bad thing. But not always easy to pull off. Interested to see where they go with this.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    I heard that at least one of the tracks on Gigaton has a rap bridge by DaBaby.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    BF25394 said:
    I heard that at least one of the tracks on Gigaton has a rap bridge by DaBaby.
     B)