Options

***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Options
    Any idea when today’s drawings will start?  It seems like they started about this time the last three days.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,198
    mace1229 said:
    I think the odds tool worked. If anything it might have only shown round 1 odds and not overall odds, which would be a change. But given that for most shows except Bal and MSG rounds 3 and 4 were winners it probably was correct.
    I know anyone who didn’t get tickets doesn’t want to hear this, but the most likely reason is user error. I say this based on the amounts of comments you can read about people not knowing they had to prioritize at the end and not as they go, and especially the fact that all new entries deletes all previous ones, that has been a big one. 
    It sucks and I feel bad for anyone who missed out, but just reading comments that seems like the simplest explanation.

It should have said round one odds then.

plenty of fans got denied to 99% shows and stated they picked only one show, stated they can only consider one show, so can we agree to pause the user error explains everything theory?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Doesn’t it seem funny as well that the first 2 days seemed to go smoothly?

And that the Nashville and St. Louis drawings yesterday seemed to spark all of this 
    Canadians follow instructions better?

Get yer independence first then we’ll talk.
    Wat?
  • Options
    JayLorichJayLorich Buffalo Posts: 10
    Secured tix for the Baltimore show, but my email didn't convey whether is for GA or Reserved. Any clue as how to determine which we scored?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    AO288807 said:
    Has anyone won three or more shows with one account?
    I have. 

LA1 BA
    OAK1 BA
    DEN BA
    SD - waiting

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,444
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    LOL, I just checked in on the sold prices on StubHub for the MSG show.

Someone paid $2,500 each before fees for 4 tickets in Sec 108.

That's like $13k for 4 tickets to a rock show.

It's ludicrous how much money there is in NYC.
    We used to be protected with having to show up at willcall and not know where our seats are. Now anyone from anywhere in the world can put in for MSG tickets in the lotto and sell them on Stubhub. That market is fucked even more so the next show now that this new system is out imo. 
    With NYS law the only way to prevent it would have been to stick with the hard ticket pickup the day of the show for MSG....which to be honest, based on these prices might have been the way to go.  I'm in the minority in saying that I see tickets as a commodity, just like any other good is, but 10C tickets are an exception.  Everyone here knows what the rules are, and if any of these listings are 10C the person should be banned for life.

Again though....$13k for 4 tickets?!?  That's clearly an exec that told his assistant, 'Get me 4 tickets for this PJ show next to the stage.  I don't care what they cost.', because no mere mortal is gonna drop that much knowing they don't have to.

Business expense. Take prospective clients to PJ for 13k to land $1M account. Great investment 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    mace1229 said:
    I think the odds tool worked. If anything it might have only shown round 1 odds and not overall odds, which would be a change. But given that for most shows except Bal and MSG rounds 3 and 4 were winners it probably was correct.
    I know anyone who didn’t get tickets doesn’t want to hear this, but the most likely reason is user error. I say this based on the amounts of comments you can read about people not knowing they had to prioritize at the end and not as they go, and especially the fact that all new entries deletes all previous ones, that has been a big one. 
    It sucks and I feel bad for anyone who missed out, but just reading comments that seems like the simplest explanation.

plenty of fans got denied to 99% shows and stated they picked only one show, stated they can only consider one show, so can we agree to pause the user error explains everything theory?
    All you needed to do was log back in at any time and it showed you the current odds.

I'm not saying this new process was the most intuitive I've ever seen, but give me a break.  It's 2020.  People need to figure out how to follow simple directions that are laid out in a 3 paragraph email.

My FB feed is a swampland of people complaining.  Some about how they were never advised they needed to sign up for for the TM Verified sale....

IT'S LITERALLY EMBEDDED IN THE EMAIL WE GOT TO SIGN UP FOR THIS LOTTO!

When people screw something up, rest assured, they will figure out a way to blame everyone but themselves.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,563
    I guess I’ll pay 500 for official platinum Ticketmaster tickets to Baltimore- oh well, it’s just $$$😔 
    I don't even think that will be an option.  This fan to fan resale will be extremely interesting.  Not being able to adjust pricing is going to make this a curious situation.
    I’d be willing to bet, 10C had to concede to TM in some fashion..... 

The suitcoats say, "There is money to be made."
    They get so damn excited, nothing gets in their way
    My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
    It's good for drifting, drifting away.
    I think you might be right, under the Baltimore ticket page on ticketmaster there is an option that starts in 11 days that says the following - 

Official Vitality Foundation Charity
    Starts Fri, Jan 31 @ 10:00 am EST
    Ends Sat, Mar 28 @ 07:30 pm EDT
    For St. Louis

Official Platinum
    Starts Fri, Jan 31 @ 10:00 am CST
    Ends Sat, Apr 4 @ 07:00 pm CDT

• Options
    OJ1414OJ1414 Posts: 35
    Just got the e-mail confirmation for OKC. I picked best available (and my 10C e-mail and Ticketmaster e-mail did not match, which I was a bit nervous about after reading some of the comments).
  • Options
    Joe118Joe118 Posts: 67
    It really blows my mind that people get shut out. Really not trying to be a dick but I’ve been doing this forever and have literally gotten every single ticket I’ve ever put in for. I do always choose RES, but I’m never not confident I’m going to get tickets...
  • Options
    Just got OKC confirmation. 
    1st Choice-BA
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Look at it this way....

Look at these StubHub prices.  If you have EVER won the 10C lotto in a major city, your membership basically paid for itself for like 20 fucking years.

As far as I'm concerned, winning GA @ MSG in 2016 paid for my membership for the rest of my life.

The rest is just gravy at this point.

I will never, ever complain if I don't win one of these things going forward. 

I may be disappointed, but never once will I cry about it.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

We used to be protected with having to show up at willcall and not know where our seats are. Now anyone from anywhere in the world can put in for MSG tickets in the lotto and sell them on Stubhub. That market is fucked even more so the next show now that this new system is out imo. 
    With NYS law the only way to prevent it would have been to stick with the hard ticket pickup the day of the show for MSG....which to be honest, based on these prices might have been the way to go.  I'm in the minority in saying that I see tickets as a commodity, just like any other good is, but 10C tickets are an exception.  Everyone here knows what the rules are, and if any of these listings are 10C the person should be banned for life.

Again though....$13k for 4 tickets?!?  That's clearly an exec that told his assistant, 'Get me 4 tickets for this PJ show next to the stage.  I don't care what they cos rt.', because no mere mortal is gonna drop that much knowing they don't have to.

That’s NYC...”there ain’t gonnna be any middle anymore” to a t. Tickets to most MSG events have increased exponentially in the last few years. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,217
    OKC confirmed, BA priority 1. Good luck to everyone today!
  • Options
    Just got email confirmation for OKC - best available.  Hopefully this means GA by getting it so early 
  • Options
    OKC rolling in. Just got the charge.  Listed as BA. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Well the poor dude who used to  walk around the country with millions of dollars of tickets might have not felt protected? NY is an exception due to the transferability laws there. Most shows don’t have this issue.

I doubt the msg stub hub tickets are 10c. I just browsed the entire listing. All seats are in the back of each respective section. I doubt the members are sitting in the back of every section.

• Options
    Just got confirmation for OKC @ 1145est. It was 1st priority GA. I had 2nd priority BA for Balt which is driving distance for me and got the email rejection letter so I was bummed but still gonna try verified fan. My nephew lives right outside OKC and loves PJ and is a guitar prodigy and only been to a few shows in his life is who I'm taking. I get to surprise him today with the news I'm gonna sit his ass right in front of Mike and blow his mind.
    I'm honestly just happy to be thru this process. Talk about peeling the band aid slowly, ugh.
    Best of luck to all of those still trying, I'll be with you for Balt if I win the verified fan lottery lol.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    OJ1414 said:
    Just got the e-mail confirmation for OKC. I picked best available (and my 10C e-mail and Ticketmaster e-mail did not match, which I was a bit nervous about after reading some of the comments).
    Congrats! And thanks for posting
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    405OK405OK Posts: 100
    OKC for me too, BA 1st and only choice
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Again though....$13k for 4 tickets?!?  That's clearly an exec that told his assistant, 'Get me 4 tickets for this PJ show next to the stage.  I don't care what they cost.', because no mere mortal is gonna drop that much knowing they don't have to.

would you want to wait on a public line in full view of all the unscrupulous in the world knowing that you are about to put something with a street value of thousands of dollars in your pocket?

then go out to a nice meal? Or perhaps shop at target because we’d all be wearing their company logo
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Well the poor dude who used to  walk around the country with millions of dollars of tickets might have not felt protected? NY is an exception due to the transferability laws there. Most shows don’t have this issue.

I doubt the msg stub hub tickets are 10c. I just browsed the entire listing. All seats are in the back of each respective section. I doubt the members are sitting in the back of every section.

And unless you put GA only, you don’t know your seats. So any with seat info can’t be 10c
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

would you want to wait on a public line in full view of all the unscrupulous in the world knowing that you are about to put something with a street value of thousands of dollars in your pocket?

then go out to a nice meal? Or perhaps shop at target because we’d all be wearing their company logo
    Come on dude, it's NYC.  No one cares about a few thousand bucks in midtown.  People walk around with $10k+ Rolexes on the subway every day like it's nothing.

Also, if it was GA you just put the wristband on as soon as you get them.  Once that is done, the tickets are basically worthless to anyone else.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    SHZA said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Business expense. Take prospective clients to PJ for 13k to land $1M account. Great investment 
    Oh boy I hope we can watch Eddie yell at a suit on a phone again.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I’ve picked up 10C tickets in the first five rows more time than I can count including one time at MSG where someone offered me $1500 cash per ticket (I laughed and kept on walking). As have many others. Never heard of anyone getting robbed of their tickets. 

I prefer knowing the seats in advance but fear of robbery is not a reason not to have will call. I mean, c’mon. 

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Saltzy23 said:
    mace1229 said:

When people screw something up, rest assured, they will figure out a way to blame everyone but themselves.

Bingo.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Jammin909 said:
    I still don't understand why I was denied tickets to Denver (#2 priority, BA seat selection) and other members secured tickets to Denver when they had the show as their #3 and #4 priority and also chose BA. 

That just does not make sense to me.

@Jammin909 Can you post a screenshot of your confirmation email? I got DEN BA at #3.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    glorified_jglorified_j Posts: 183
    edited January 2020
    1) Oklahoma City (Only show selected)
    2) Chose the general admission option only (One ticket only)
    3) Email of request confirmed was received at 10:40 a.m. Sunday, central time.
    Post edited by glorified_j on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Doesn’t it seem funny as well that the first 2 days seemed to go smoothly?

And that the Nashville and St. Louis drawings yesterday seemed to spark all of this 
    Canadians follow instructions better?

Get yer independence first then we’ll talk.
    Wat?

Who is the Head of State?

;)
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,217
    1) Oklahoma City (Only show selected)
    2) Chose the general admission option only
    3) Email of request confirmed received at 10:40 a.m. Sunday, central time.
    Sweet. I put in for BA and received confirmation at 10:43, likely GA!