Comments

• Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    Priority 1 - OKC BA - 2 Tickets - Confirmed 
    Priority 2 - Denver BA - 2 Tickets - Confirmed  
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    AO288807 said:
    Has anyone won three or more shows with one account?

Yes.
    Yep. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,375
    I feel awkward reading these boards where fans that have been on 10c for 10+ years didn't score tickets for this tour but I just finally joined 10c this month and scored tix on the most highly demanded show on the tour. I feel like if I say how excited I am, I'm going to be hunted down.
    Don't feel awkward. I've been in the 10C 26 years and you have as much right to get drawn as me or anyone else. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    pjl44 said:
    I feel awkward reading these boards where fans that have been on 10c for 10+ years didn't score tickets for this tour but I just finally joined 10c this month and scored tix on the most highly demanded show on the tour. I feel like if I say how excited I am, I'm going to be hunted down.
    Don't feel awkward. I've been in the 10C 26 years and you have as much right to get drawn as me or anyone else. 
    Someone on my FB feed nailed it.

Basically said in jest, "It's not fair that I have played the Power Ball every day and never won, and you just bought 1 ticket and hit the jackpot."

Exactly.

Just cause you have played more doesn't mean you are entitled to win more than anyone else that entered.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    Saltzy23 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think the odds tool worked. If anything it might have only shown round 1 odds and not overall odds, which would be a change. But given that for most shows except Bal and MSG rounds 3 and 4 were winners it probably was correct.
    I know anyone who didn’t get tickets doesn’t want to hear this, but the most likely reason is user error. I say this based on the amounts of comments you can read about people not knowing they had to prioritize at the end and not as they go, and especially the fact that all new entries deletes all previous ones, that has been a big one. 
    It sucks and I feel bad for anyone who missed out, but just reading comments that seems like the simplest explanation.

It should have said round one odds then.

plenty of fans got denied to 99% shows and stated they picked only one show, stated they can only consider one show, so can we agree to pause the user error explains everything theory?
    All you needed to do was log back in at any time and it showed you the current odds.

I'm not saying this new process was the most intuitive I've ever seen, but give me a break.  It's 2020.  People need to figure out how to follow simple directions that are laid out in a 3 paragraph email.

My FB feed is a swampland of people complaining.  Some about how they were never advised they needed to sign up for for the TM Verified sale....

IT'S LITERALLY EMBEDDED IN THE EMAIL WE GOT TO SIGN UP FOR THIS LOTTO!

When people screw something up, rest assured, they will figure out a way to blame everyone but themselves.

Did I say nobody screwed up? 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Pearl Jam = a band that does a 12-show NA "tour" to promote an album that took half a decade to produce. This is how this happens. Plain and simple. They love their fans so much they're willing to play 12 shows for us; they love their music so much they get  out one album out since what? 2013? I honestly don't know what the band thinks or knows about the mayhem that ensues over the tickets, but for the fan club to send an email suggesting that everyone who wants to go will be able to go because there's so many more seats out there is just ingenuous. My inference is that they partnered with TicketMaster because even the fan club management doesn't want to deal with it anymore. In doing so, they're making it even more difficult for fan club members who got shut out of the lottery to get tickets. The verified sale, the exchange -- whatever. There may or may not be fewer scalpers,  that's yet to be seen, but people who never scalped but worked with other fans on these boards to unload extras and help each other out are now at the mercy of a TicketMaster log-in to get Pearl Jam tickets. Let that sink in. It says everything about where we are. I can't wait until Shit Show Part 2 starts.
    I hit 50% on my two choices; didn't get #1 (Baltimore) within driving distance to my home. I picked Denver as #2 because of all the places on the "tour" I would want to vacation for a week, that's the only place I wanted to go. The fact that a PJ concert is part of my vacation is kind of secondary at this point. I'm more excited to see Colorado than Pearl Jam. It'll probably be a two hour show with an opening act I've never heard of, and a bunch of songs I won't know and maybe will need to warm up to, as I have had to warm up to the songs on the last two albums. By the time Denver rolls around, it's likely Ed's voice will be shot or he will be injured, so there are those "odds" that have come into play over the past few tours. Let's gamble on whether he gets through the tour without having to see a doctor.
    My two cents, my morning grumble, not trying to be dickish (I don't have a dick), but that's the way I see it. I got lucky with an upcoming Spring Break trip to Denver where PJ is part of it on a second choice pick in a lottery that is a lottery to promote an album whose cover art is cool and whose mission seems to be expedient but the title of the first single is rather cheezy.  Dance of the Clairvoyants?  Come on. What a cliche. I hope the song is better than the title. I will wait to buy this album until after I hear the songs, and I've never said that about Pearl Jam before.
    Good luck everybody. I know everyone has a story. This is mine.

Entitled much? 
    Can you read? Are you one of the people who didn't follow the directions in the email?
    Entitlement would be the feeling I am owed something. I don't feel I am owed anything at all. I entered a lottery for a concert ticket, the same way I buy a PowerBall ticket every payday and I lose that every time. I don't go crying about it. It's a CHANCE, not a guarantee. I won one ticket and lost the other chance and I've totally moved on from the loss. In fact, when I won my second choice Denver before the first choice Baltimore notifications came in, I was hoping I would lose Baltimore so I wouldn't have to put out any more money. Unlike many on here, I'm satisfied with one show, and only put in for two for security's sake. 
    I'm just saying -- having TicketMaster take over tells me that Ten Club is kind of done with offering service to its members. And I'm not sure what the band is up to at all. It's my prediction that this Gigaton will be their last statement. But it's a prediction, not an absolute. You know the definition of prediction, right?

• Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    I feel bad for people who have taken a loss this time around regardless if it’s by their own mistake or not. I’ve been there. It sucks. There will be more opportunities to get tickets, but there’s something special about getting 10C tickets for some reason. 
    Hoping everyone who wants to go to whatever shows finds a way. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    LOL, I just checked in on the sold prices on StubHub for the MSG show.

Someone paid $2,500 each before fees for 4 tickets in Sec 108.

That's like $13k for 4 tickets to a rock show.

It's ludicrous how much money there is in NYC.
    We used to be protected with having to show up at willcall and not know where our seats are. Now anyone from anywhere in the world can put in for MSG tickets in the lotto and sell them on Stubhub. That market is fucked even more so the next show now that this new system is out imo. 
    With NYS law the only way to prevent it would have been to stick with the hard ticket pickup the day of the show for MSG....which to be honest, based on these prices might have been the way to go.  I'm in the minority in saying that I see tickets as a commodity, just like any other good is, but 10C tickets are an exception.  Everyone here knows what the rules are, and if any of these listings are 10C the person should be banned for life.

Again though....$13k for 4 tickets?!?  That's clearly an exec that told his assistant, 'Get me 4 tickets for this PJ show next to the stage.  I don't care what they cost.', because no mere mortal is gonna drop that much knowing they don't have to.

would you want to wait on a public line in full view of all the unscrupulous in the world knowing that you are about to put something with a street value of thousands of dollars in your pocket?

then go out to a nice meal? Or perhaps shop at target because we’d all be wearing their company logo
    Come on dude, it's NYC.  No one cares about a few thousand bucks in midtown.  People walk around with $10k+ Rolexes on the subway every day like it's nothing.

Also, if it was GA you just put the wristband on as soon as you get them.  Once that is done, the tickets are basically worthless to anyone else.

Sure you can wear a Rolex no problem but let’s have a Rolex store sale with ten thousand customers walking out of the store with brand new rolexes. Will that draw any attention? Nah.

Seriously, the issue of cumulative ticket street value was cited by 10c as a benefit of electronic tix.

• Options
    I just wish the common sentiment was 'I'm disappointed I didn't win' and not furious anger that newer members may have.

Disappointment over something you really want is a normal adult reaction.

Anger and foot stomping is what 5 year old kids do when their parents won't let them buy a toy they like at the mall.

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Got OKC. BA and only show. 
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

We used to be protected with having to show up at willcall and not know where our seats are. Now anyone from anywhere in the world can put in for MSG tickets in the lotto and sell them on Stubhub. That market is fucked even more so the next show now that this new system is out imo. 
    With NYS law the only way to prevent it would have been to stick with the hard ticket pickup the day of the show for MSG....which to be honest, based on these prices might have been the way to go.  I'm in the minority in saying that I see tickets as a commodity, just like any other good is, but 10C tickets are an exception.  Everyone here knows what the rules are, and if any of these listings are 10C the person should be banned for life.

Again though....$13k for 4 tickets?!?  That's clearly an exec that told his assistant, 'Get me 4 tickets for this PJ show next to the stage.  I don't care what they cost.', because no mere mortal is gonna drop that much knowing they don't have to.

would you want to wait on a public line in full view of all the unscrupulous in the world knowing that you are about to put something with a street value of thousands of dollars in your pocket?

then go out to a nice meal? Or perhaps shop at target because we’d all be wearing their company logo
    I’ve picked up 10C tickets in the first five rows more time than I can count including one time at MSG where someone offered me $1500 cash per ticket (I laughed and kept on walking). As have many others. Never heard of anyone getting robbed of their tickets. 

I prefer knowing the seats in advance but fear of robbery is not a reason not to have will call. I mean, c’mon. 

It was actually an issue cited by 10c as a benefit of electronic tix. No one should walk around in fear until it happens. All we can do is lower the bad stuff odds by being smart.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    In for OKC!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Saltzy23 said:
    I just wish the common sentiment was 'I'm disappointed I didn't win' and not furious anger that newer members may have.

Anger and foot stomping is what 5 year old kids do when their parents won't let them buy a toy they like at the mall.

This.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Perhaps 10c should have used the messaging verified fan did.

We expect the demand for tickets to see Pearl Jam to be overwhelming.

Instead of this messaging:

“Although we feel confident we’ll be able to meet the demand of most, if not all Ten Club ticket requests, we recommend that members also register for the Ticketmaster Verified Fan®“

I’m guessing they were a tad optimistic.
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    Any phx yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I’ve picked up 10C tickets in the first five rows more time than I can count including one time at MSG where someone offered me $1500 cash per ticket (I laughed and kept on walking). As have many others. Never heard of anyone getting robbed of their tickets. 

I prefer knowing the seats in advance but fear of robbery is not a reason not to have will call. I mean, c’mon. 

It was actually an issue cited by 10c as a benefit of electronic tix. No one should walk around in fear until it happens. All we can do is lower the bad stuff odds by being smart.
    A middle ground would be to just release the 10C NYC tickets via the app, but at like 5pm on the day of the show.

They could have just advised everyone where their seats were now, but say they won't be active until 3/30.

I think that was probably what they should have done to be honest.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    wsimon74 said:
    Any phx yet?
    Not that I’ve seen
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

This.

We are trying to figure out how fans picking one 99% show are losing to others with a lower priority pick. 

I am grateful I got in on my one pick, but am interested what happened in order to know that this thing can be run fairly
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

This.

We are trying to figure out how fans picking one 99% show are losing to others with a lower priority pick. 

I am grateful I got in on my one pick, but am interested what happened in order to know that this thing can be run fairly
    That's fair.

I also question how people lost in the 99% lotto's.

I'm really just talking about the people on social media going bonkers about how unfair and bullshit this whole thing was because their special lil' self didnt win the tickets they personally decided they were entitled to.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Jammin909 said:
    I still don't understand why I was denied tickets to Denver (#2 priority, BA seat selection) and other members secured tickets to Denver when they had the show as their #3 and #4 priority and also chose BA. 

That just does not make sense to me.
    i got denver reserved with my 4th choice. 
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 863
    Just OKC 1 ticket BA. 4th choice. Only missed STL as 3rd choice BA
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PJNB said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Stop with the nonsense. You have no clue as to what you’re talking about especially as it pertains to NYC. Pearl Jam has played many shows in NY where the tickets were will call and not one person was robbed of their tickets. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Jammin909 said:
    I still don't understand why I was denied tickets to Denver (#2 priority, BA seat selection) and other members secured tickets to Denver when they had the show as their #3 and #4 priority and also chose BA. 

rustneversleeps can you and @Jammin909 include a screenshot of confirmation email with that priority? 
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

Yea, so basically my Wed night email will read Due to overwhelming ticket demand you have been denied Verifiied Presale. I already know it's coming.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Just got OKC, fourth choice, reserved.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Yea, so basically my Wed night email will read Due to overwhelming ticket demand you have been denied Verifiied Presale. I already know it's coming.
    Yeah, I threw in for VF for Billy Joel once and didn’t get a code. This is going to be worse.
  • Options
    BganttBgantt Hilton Head, SC Posts: 21
    Won BA Oklahoma!! It was my third choice. So happy and thankful after losing both Nashville and St. Louis. 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    euchrid said:
    Jammin909 said:

rustneversleeps can you and @Jammin909 include a screenshot of confirmation email with that priority? 
    i dont know where to begin screenshotting things, but i can assure you they were my 4th claim.  MSG Balti Nash Denver in that ordrr.  only got denver. 
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    #1 - MSG BA - Denied
    #2 - Bmore BA - Denied
    #3 - OKC BA - Accepted 11:37am (central)

Hooray for ticketmaster presales next week! My favorite! Glad to at least get one of my 3! 
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    Now waiting on Phoenix, third choice, reserved.