Comments

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 614
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think the odds tool worked. If anything it might have only shown round 1 odds and not overall odds, which would be a change. But given that for most shows except Bal and MSG rounds 3 and 4 were winners it probably was correct.
    I know anyone who didn’t get tickets doesn’t want to hear this, but the most likely reason is user error. I say this based on the amounts of comments you can read about people not knowing they had to prioritize at the end and not as they go, and especially the fact that all new entries deletes all previous ones, that has been a big one. 
    It sucks and I feel bad for anyone who missed out, but just reading comments that seems like the simplest explanation.
    The odds tool certainly did not work. Any basic understanding of math shows that. It either needs to be junked or refined for future sales. And if it was reflective of first choice only odds then you don’t think it needed to say that? Especially in light of the language in the email that most, if not all, orders would be filled. 
    I'm still a touch skeptical of this claim. There could be other issues than the odds at play. In other words, do we have any instance in which we *know* that a person was denied only because they ran out of tickets (for a show that was listed at 99%)? Honestly, I'm not even sure it's possible to have that information (at this point or, probably, ever). 
    Someone this morning posted they got LA1 or 2 with their 5th pick.  I think a lot of people are claiming that EVERYONE who didn’t get one of those shows in their first few picks had user error.  That just can’t be correct
    Everyone? I've only heard/seen one. Yes LA 1 priority 4 and LA 2 priority 5.
    I Had LA1 & LA2 both BA and only got 1 of them. 
    So how did people get these same shows with a priority of 3 or higher. This needs to be explained. 
    So stop the crap about user error, There was no user error at least on my part.  
    Only thing I can think of is I only asked for 1 ticket to each of those shows.
  • Options
    Perhaps 10c should have used the messaging verified fan did.

We expect the demand for tickets to see Pearl Jam to be overwhelming.

Instead of this messaging:

“Although we feel confident we’ll be able to meet the demand of most, if not all Ten Club ticket requests, we recommend that members also register for the Ticketmaster Verified Fan®“

I’m guessing they were a tad optimistic.
    Seems to me like MOST people did get tickets.  There is a fairly vocal minority that did not.  I would say that overall 80%+ of people got their #1 pick.  Now, if your #1 pick was MSG GA only, you likely did not get tickets.  Most of the complaints are coming out of MSG and BAL.  That doesn't represent the entire tour.
    Yes, most of those were NYC and Baltimore, which are not surprising, with a sprinkling of rejections in the other cities. And those seem to be GAs and lower priorities. 
  • Options
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think the odds tool worked. If anything it might have only shown round 1 odds and not overall odds, which would be a change. But given that for most shows except Bal and MSG rounds 3 and 4 were winners it probably was correct.
    I know anyone who didn’t get tickets doesn’t want to hear this, but the most likely reason is user error. I say this based on the amounts of comments you can read about people not knowing they had to prioritize at the end and not as they go, and especially the fact that all new entries deletes all previous ones, that has been a big one. 
    It sucks and I feel bad for anyone who missed out, but just reading comments that seems like the simplest explanation.
    The odds tool certainly did not work. Any basic understanding of math shows that. It either needs to be junked or refined for future sales. And if it was reflective of first choice only odds then you don’t think it needed to say that? Especially in light of the language in the email that most, if not all, orders would be filled. 
    I'm still a touch skeptical of this claim. There could be other issues than the odds at play. In other words, do we have any instance in which we *know* that a person was denied only because they ran out of tickets (for a show that was listed at 99%)? Honestly, I'm not even sure it's possible to have that information (at this point or, probably, ever). 
    Someone this morning posted they got LA1 or 2 with their 5th pick.  I think a lot of people are claiming that EVERYONE who didn’t get one of those shows in their first few picks had user error.  That just can’t be correct
    So how did people get these same shows with a priority of 3 or higher. This needs to be explained. 
    In your example, the user error could very well be on the person who claimed they got tickets at priority #5 (when they didn't explicitly rank priorities).  So, still user error, just not yours...

I don't believe anyone that claims to have been filled at 4+ has provided proof of their priority.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Actually so did I, so explain that. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    MAMIAST said:
    Baltimore & St. Louis 
    Ticketmaster pages have
     charity & platinum 
    tickets  being available 1-31 
    What is this Platinum of which you speak?

I only see a Vitality Foundation Charity auction that basically ends at show time that is gonna wind up with outwardly laughable prices.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    That is likely a very key detail.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,212
    A hell of a lot of people did get tickets for this portion of the tour, but i've been keeping up on this thread, and it is a whole lot more than just MSG and BAL that got rejections.  Not nearly as many, and not nearly as vocal, but WAAAAAYYY more than should be possible, even at something like 80%.  Unless everyone that still has tickets outstanding and hasnt gotten the denial email ends up getting tickets, then that will change things a lot.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I specifically remember somewhere in the verbiage it said that the number of tickets requested would not effect your odds of winning.

Edit, yup.

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

Single Tickets:
    Ten Club members are no longer required to purchase tickets in pairs for this tour. You may now request a single ticket to the show(s) you want to attend. Requesting a single ticket does NOT change your odds of being confirmed.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options

Apr 11

Sat • 7:30pm

Glendale, AZ

Gila River Arena

2 x Multiple Price Levels Requested

GA Pit • Standing • $103.00 ea

Plus $20.00 service fee per ticket

99%

Reserved • Seating • $103.00 ea

99%

Total: $246.00

Apr 18

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

2 x Reserved • Seating • $103.00 ea

99%

Total: $246.30

Apr 19

Sun • 7:30pm

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 15

Wed • 8:00pm

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

1 x Reserved • Seating • $103.00 ea

99%

Total: $126.70

Apr 16

Thu • 8:00pm

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 13

Mon • 7:30pm

San Diego, CA

Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl

1 x Multiple Price Levels Requested

GA Pit • Standing • $107.00 ea

Plus $15.00 service fee per ticket

98%

Reserved • Seating • $107.00 ea

99%

Total: $122.00

Tickets$931.00

Order Details

Apr 16

Thu • 8:00PM

Pearl Jam

The Forum

Tickets $103.00

Service Fees $23.70

Delivery Free

Total Charge: $126.70

I have 3 other confirmed emails for LA1, Oak1, Oak2

• Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I got a pair of LA2 reserved as my 6th pick. 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    There is a lot of frustration out there tonight, but there is still the verified fan sale and the fan to fan sale. As long as I have been following things on here, everybody who ever wanted to get into a show got in eventually. And on top of that there's new music coming up! Good luck to all who still need tickets. You will get them somehow. And if not, there is also still the promise of a fall tour. Hang in there, folks :)
    :bow: I thank you for sharing your wisdom. We've missed you! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    edited January 2020
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    In your example, the user error could very well be on the person who claimed they got tickets at priority #5 (when they didn't explicitly rank priorities).  So, still user error, just not yours...

I don't believe anyone that claims to have been filled at 4+ has provided proof of their priority.
    I had LA1 filled at priority 7 for Reserved seats; will update with a pic...

Post edited by Mozzy on
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    MAMIAST said:
    Baltimore & St. Louis 
    Ticketmaster pages have
     charity & platinum 
    tickets  being available 1-31 
    Let’s Go Isles! 
  • Options
    Any Phoenix confirmations yet?
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    A hell of a lot of people did get tickets for this portion of the tour, but i've been keeping up on this thread, and it is a whole lot more than just MSG and BAL that got rejections.  Not nearly as many, and not nearly as vocal, but WAAAAAYYY more than should be possible, even at something like 80%.  Unless everyone that still has tickets outstanding and hasnt gotten the denial email ends up getting tickets, then that will change things a lot.
    Again, vocal minority.  How many tickets do you think 10c had for each show?  3-5k?  That is 48-80k tickets in total (or 24-40k pairs of tickets).  At the low side of 24k pairs of tickets, that means at 80% 19k people got tickets and 5k did not.  Chances are many of the 19k that won are silently enjoying their tickets.  5k is a lot of denials with a relatively small amount of complaints on the board.  And it is likely that I have underestimated how many tickets 10c had.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    YAKIMATSU said:

Apr 11

Glendale, AZ

Gila River Arena

99%

99%

Apr 18

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 19

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 15

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 16

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 13

San Diego, CA

98%

99%

Tickets$931.00

Order Details

Apr 16

Pearl Jam

The Forum

Tickets $103.00

Service Fees $23.70

Delivery Free

But where’s your user error? You must have screwed something up!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I specifically remember somewhere in the verbiage it said that the number of tickets requested would not effect your odds of winning.

Edit, yup.

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

Single Tickets:
    Ten Club members are no longer required to purchase tickets in pairs for this tour. You may now request a single ticket to the show(s) you want to attend. Requesting a single ticket does NOT change your odds of being confirmed.

No, but I think of it this way:

Everyone in priority #2 requested 2 tickets.  There are 30 singles left.  No one in #2 will get them.
    20 people in priority #3 requested singles.  20 people will get them
    20 people in priority #4 requested singles.  10 people will get them
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,178
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Actually so did I, so explain that. 
    Don't ask us. Ask TM and 10C. We are extremely interested in the answer to this question. 
  • Options
    MAMIASTMAMIAST Posts: 40

What is this Platinum of which you speak?

I only see a Vitality Foundation Charity auction that basically ends at show time that is gonna wind up with outwardly laughable prices.

St Louis has the platinum 
    Baltimore has the charity 

Let’s
    go
    isles
  • Options
    Is OKC done yet?
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    Saltzy23 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Edit, yup.

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

Single Tickets:

No, but I think of it this way:

Everyone in priority #2 requested 2 tickets.  There are 30 singles left.  No one in #2 will get them.
    20 people in priority #3 requested singles.  20 people will get them
    20 people in priority #4 requested singles.  10 people will get them
    There shouldn't be seats that are "single seats" only. 10C said they would split a pair of seats over 2 rows (the 2 on the end) so that some pairs may be one in front of the other. I think that minimizes the chance that a single seat has any advantage.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    BUMP
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited January 2020
    Any SD or PHX winners yet?  Waiting on both at #4.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    YAKIMATSU said:

Apr 11

Glendale, AZ

Gila River Arena

99%

99%

Apr 18

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 19

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 15

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 16

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 13

San Diego, CA

98%

99%

Tickets$931.00

Order Details

Apr 16

Pearl Jam

The Forum

Tickets $103.00

Service Fees $23.70

Delivery Free

What does "I have 3 other confirmed emails for LA1, Oak1, Oak2" mean? You should only have 1 email with all your dates in one list. Whatever the last confirmation email you have from ticketstoday is what your entries would have been. I added a show after and so my last email from them had two shows and showed a "Maximum Total" for 4 tickets
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,970
    Gludfssr said:
    YAKIMATSU sai tod:
    ecdanc said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Which did you list as priority 1 and priority 2? Which one did you get?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    euchrid said:
    YAKIMATSU said:

Apr 11

Glendale, AZ

Gila River Arena

99%

99%

Apr 18

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 19

Oakland, CA

Oakland Arena

99%

Apr 15

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 16

Los Angeles, CA

The Forum

99%

Apr 13

San Diego, CA

98%

99%

Tickets$931.00

Order Details

Apr 16

Pearl Jam

The Forum

Tickets $103.00

Service Fees $23.70

Delivery Free

What does "I have 3 other confirmed emails for LA1, Oak1, Oak2" mean? You should only have 1 email with all your dates in one list. Whatever the last confirmation email you have from ticketstoday is what your entries would have been. I added a show after and so my last email from them had two shows and showed a "Maximum Total" for 4 tickets
    I got a separate email for all 4 confirmed shows.  Still waiting on the last 2 and will get 2 emails, win or lose. I only had one email to confirm my choices when I entered them.  I'm not good at IT stuff.  The original is a combined 2 emails.
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    This thread died. Guess everyone got what they wanted, or didn't, and no one cares much about Phoenix and San Diego :) 
  • Options
    This thread died. Guess everyone got what they wanted, or didn't, and no one cares much about Phoenix and San Diego :) 
    Hope you're right.  Should make for better odds.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited January 2020

I'm anxiously awaiting both today but don't have very high expectations after yesterday. Getting SD and PHX would make up for losing STL yesterday.

If the odds had been accurate as they used to be, we would've put STL and PHX higher and still gotten LA and OAK, but the odds indicated that LA and OAK would be tougher. So confused about STL at 99% and didn't make it past the 2nd round. 

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    This certainly sounds like “Hi Weston, we messed up but aren’t ready to admit it, thanks!”

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II