***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Why are so many folks assuming it must be “user error” with all the issues that have happened? How difficult was this that it must be the person’s fault? All you had to do was pick shows!  
    Because there have been multiple admissions by people that when they went to add a show, they never added the original shows they submitted. 
  • Missed out on my only choice, Nashville. Sucks since I only live three blocks from the venue, and I've had some health issues and can't travel to other shows. Hoping I can score tix during the general sale next Friday...
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    I got NY on first choice GA. I missed second choice Baltimore. I got 3rd choice Nashville GA. Good luck everyone the rest of the way and through verified. Look forward to seeing you guys on the road this year! LFG!

Are you sure you got GA for Nashville as choice 3? If so, can you post a picture of your entry?
    This was a typo based on Dellis previous comments that state 3rd choice Nashville was a BA and not GA
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7088249#Comment_7088249

A simple mix up like this is adding to things but I think the main issue, and the starting point for confusion, was TicketsToday not stating how the 99% odds were based on AND what the final odds were. Also the unusually positive wording from TC "The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets" added to the assumption tickets were a given..despite it being a lottery.

The only proof of something messed up is when someone can show confirmation of a lower priority winning over a higher priority for the same seat type. 

• Why are so many folks assuming it must be “user error” with all the issues that have happened? How difficult was this that it must be the person’s fault? All you had to do was pick shows!  
    Because almost all of the issues have been explained as user error.

People that didn't have matching info with Ticketmaster
    People that didn't realize they had to arrange the order after selecting their picks
    People that didn't understand the difference between selecting GA vs BA

The only legit error I have seen is the incorrect denial emails.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 531
    Any word on Oklahoma?  I haven’t gotten any email yet?  It was the only one I put in for 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Why are so many folks assuming it must be “user error” with all the issues that have happened? How difficult was this that it must be the person’s fault? All you had to do was pick shows!  
    Because we have hundreds of examples of the instructions being too difficult for people to follow. (Or even read.)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

People that didn't realize they had to arrange the order after selecting their picks

Yeah I get that, but TM told me
    on the phone that the mismatching info was BS and “paranoia.” That they could figure that out and folks wouldn’t lose a lottery due to that.  Have people been saying they got emails that they weren’t accepted due to something like that?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

I’ve seen lots of instances of people who had both BA first and second choice lose out to folks who had GA or BA or RES as a third or lower pick.  They usually won their first pick but not their second.  Don’t think user error is involved in any of them

on the phone that the mismatching info was BS and “paranoia.” That they could figure that out and folks wouldn’t lose a lottery due to that.  Have people been saying they got emails that they weren’t accepted due to something like that?
    For starters, NEVER believe anything that a CSR tells you.  Never.
    Having said that, I have no proof of the mismatch causing people to lose, but the rules clearly state that they should.  Who knows if it actually does?

The point is, people have problems following even the simplest of instructions.  Like even reading the whole email.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Why are so many folks assuming it must be “user error” with all the issues that have happened? How difficult was this that it must be the person’s fault? All you had to do was pick shows!  

I’ve seen lots of instances of people who had both BA first and second choice lose out to folks who had GA or BA or RES as a third or lower pick.  They usually won their first pick but not their second.  Don’t think user error is involved in any of them
    I have seen lots of people *say* this is what happened. How are we to differentiate them from the ones who are confused (and, as JimmyV points out, there are LOTS of those)?

People claiming that or people showing a screenshot of the email that actually shows the entry?

The user error is that that never actually happened.  They probably never ordered their choices.  No one is getting tickets with 3rd picks over someone with the same first pick.  Period.  They may THINK they are because they can't follow directions.

I think the big mismatch issue is if one didn't correctly enter their 10c email address into the "10c email address" box on the form. Maybe that shouldn't be a disqualifier, but it seems an understandable cross-reference (i.e., insuring the presale code matches the 10c account). Obviously impossible to say how often that happened, but I'm sure the occurrence rate is >0. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I guess I’ll pay 500 for official platinum Ticketmaster tickets to Baltimore- oh well, it’s just $$$😔 
  • I guess I’ll pay 500 for official platinum Ticketmaster tickets to Baltimore- oh well, it’s just $$$😔 
    I don't even think that will be an option.  This fan to fan resale will be extremely interesting.  Not being able to adjust pricing is going to make this a curious situation.
    edited January 2020
    I guess I’ll pay 500 for official platinum Ticketmaster tickets to Baltimore- oh well, it’s just $$$😔 
    Did you have Baltimore as priority 1, Buck? Not trying to pick at a fresh wound, but I'm curious. Some people here were saying that priority 1 would be a lock for Baltimore; I was skeptical of that. 

EDIT: That priority 1 best available would be a lock. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2020
    I don't even think that will be an option.  This fan to fan resale will be extremely interesting.  Not being able to adjust pricing is going to make this a curious situation.
    I’d be willing to bet, 10C had to concede to TM in some fashion..... 

The suitcoats say, "There is money to be made."
    They get so damn excited, nothing gets in their way
    My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
    It's good for drifting, drifting away.
    Post edited by buck502000 on

The user error is that that never actually happened.  They probably never ordered their choices.  No one is getting tickets with 3rd picks over someone with the same first pick.  Period.  They may THINK they are because they can't follow directions.
    Well if it happens to me (I haven’t heard yet on my second pick (oak 2 BA), I’m an example of it happening.  Want a screenshot?
    Is Oakland 2 a show people were getting with 3rd priority and beyond?

Well if it happens to me (I haven’t heard yet on my second pick (oak 2 BA), I’m an example of it happening.  Want a screenshot?
    I certainly think that people can get BA for lower demand shows with their 2nd pick.  In that case, anyone who (thought) they had it as their first pick and didn't get it had a user error.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429

I certainly think that people can get BA for lower demand shows with their 2nd pick.  In that case, anyone who (thought) they had it as their first pick and didn't get it had a user error.
    You keep repeating this but have no clue if this is true or not. 

Wow.

Any theories on the "haven't heard" issue? I know there were several reports, especially with the 2-show cities.
  • eRock10eRock10 Posts: 120
    ecdanc said:
    Did you have Baltimore as priority 1, Buck? Not trying to pick at a fresh wound, but I'm curious. Some people here were saying that priority 1 would be a lock for Baltimore; I was skeptical of that. 

Had priority 1 for Baltimore reserved and lost. I was nervous from the beginning.

I’d like to see how they take the priority into account. If they did there’s no reason people get shut out completely, and then others score both Baltimore and NYC.
  • ecdanc said:

Any theories on the "haven't heard" issue? I know there were several reports, especially with the 2-show cities.
    Some people's emails were combined into one by their email provider (Gmail regularly does this)
  • eRock10 said:
    ecdanc said:

Had priority 1 for Baltimore reserved and lost. I was nervous from the beginning.

I’d like to see how they take the priority into account. If they did there’s no reason people get shut out completely, and then others score both Baltimore and NYC.
    No one scored both Baltimore and NYC with 1 account.
    eRock10 said:
    ecdanc said:

Thanks, eRock. I don't believe anyone who says they got both Baltimore and MSG (with a single 10c account). 
    ecdanc said:

Some people's emails were combined into one by their email provider (Gmail regularly does this)
    That makes sense. I imagine it was a relief when they discovered that issue. Sounds like that doesn't explain your situation, RoleModels?
  • I am nervous. Phoenix reserved was first and only choice. Planning a trip to Arizona from FL based around this concert. The 99% seemed like a done deal but now, who the eff knows.
    I am nervous. Phoenix reserved was first and only choice. Planning a trip to Arizona from FL based around this concert. The 99% seemed like a done deal but now, who the eff knows.
    It's small consolation, but the bulk of evidence suggests that if you did everything right, you'll get tickets. Of course, that just changes the locus of stress: instead of worrying whether we get lucky, we're all now sweating whether we fucked something up.