***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2020
    Why are so many folks assuming it must be “user error” with all the issues that have happened? How difficult was this that it must be the person’s fault? All you had to do was pick shows!  
    Because almost all of the issues have been explained as user error.

People that didn't have matching info with Ticketmaster
    People that didn't realize they had to arrange the order after selecting their picks
    People that didn't understand the difference between selecting GA vs BA

The only legit error I have seen is the incorrect denial emails.
    I’ve seen lots of instances of people who had both BA first and second choice lose out to folks who had GA or BA or RES as a third or lower pick.  They usually won their first pick but not their second.  Don’t think user error is involved in any of them
    No one is getting tickets with 3rd picks over someone with the same first pick.  
    How do you know that? Let's take Phoenix as an example. Say someone had MSG and Baltimore as 1 and 2 and missed out on both, then has Phoenix BA as #3. How can you be sure that this person has NO CHANCE at PHX tickets until EVERYONE who had PHX as 1 and 2 gets tickets?
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    SHZA said:
    Why are so many folks assuming it must be “user error” with all the issues that have happened? How difficult was this that it must be the person’s fault? All you had to do was pick shows!  

People that didn't realize they had to arrange the order after selecting their picks

I’ve seen lots of instances of people who had both BA first and second choice lose out to folks who had GA or BA or RES as a third or lower pick.  They usually won their first pick but not their second.  Don’t think user error is involved in any of them
    The user error is that that never actually happened.  They probably never ordered their choices.  No one is getting tickets with 3rd picks over someone with the same first pick.  Period.  They may THINK they are because they can't follow directions.
    How do you know that? Let's take Phoenix as an example. Say someone had MSG and Baltimore as 1 and 2 and missed out on both, then has Phoenix BA as #3. How can you be sure that this person has NO CHANCE at PHX tickets until EVERYONE who had PHX as 1 and 2 gets tickets?
    Because they draw by priority. In other words, the hypothetical person missing out on priority 1 and 2 does not change their PHX priority 3 to PHX priority 1. I personally don't like the system, but that's how they do it. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    You would see credit card charges for both shows if that whole same email theory was right (assuming won both).
  • You would see credit card charges for both shows if that whole same email theory was right (assuming won both).
    You would think so, yes
  • ecdanc said:

The user error is that that never actually happened.  They probably never ordered their choices.  No one is getting tickets with 3rd picks over someone with the same first pick.  Period.  They may THINK they are because they can't follow directions.
    Well if it happens to me (I haven’t heard yet on my second pick (oak 2 BA), I’m an example of it happening.  Want a screenshot?
    Any theories on the "haven't heard" issue? I know there were several reports, especially with the 2-show cities.
    I think it was a flawed system, and issues came up that they didn’t expect.  I know you don’t want to believe that, but things happen and I think there were some problems that happened that weren’t thought out fully before they implemented the lotto.

for instance LA folks, OAK folks and a Nashville folks (although perhaps their Nash email may have gone to spam because I’ve only seen one instance this am) we’re just left to flap in the breeze with no email whatsoever).  That’s obviously not how it was intended since their schedule states that they would pull winners based on a show by show basis and then move on.  That’s not a huge issue but it’s not minor, and I think that is not how they intended it.

last night’s “error email” is another obvious malfunction.  Nothing more needs to be said about this but any system that mistakenly emails out hundreds (?) of false emails obviously has an error, which only can negatively affect ones opinion- it certainly does nothing to make folks feel better about it.  Like a witness with a shitty past, it discredits it a bit more.

then there’s the large amount of people who just missed out and got rejected.  Not even looking at msg and Baltimore, pretty much every single show had 99% odds.  That would mean that out of all the posts in here there would be only a few for each show that didn’t get tickets.  Allowing for user error for maybe 20% (and I think that’s very high since it wasn’t that complicated at least to me) we would be having 7 or 8(?) out of 10 people getting tickets,  I get it that we have no idea, this whole discussion is theoretical because until we have a bigger sample size to sift through we may never know, (folks of course chose GA, etc,)  but we should have seen results like we did on day 1 with Canada’s shows on day 2 as well as today.  Day 1 went as I think we all expected it to, almost everyone got what they requested.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • SHZA said:

No one is getting tickets with 3rd picks over someone with the same first pick.  
    Because "3" is higher than "1 and 2".
    ecdanc said:
    SHZA said:

Because they draw by priority. In other words, the hypothetical person missing out on priority 1 and 2 does not change their PHX priority 3 to PHX priority 1. I personally don't like the system, but that's how they do it. 
    Again, my question is how do you know? Particularly since there are reports of the opposite happening. In my hypothetical, if people who have PHX as #1 already got tickets for their #2-3 (e.g., STL, Nashville), couldn't/shouldn't the person who struck out on 1 and 2 get priority despite ranking PHX #3? Seems fair that they would 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    We have heard people who put LA1 and LA2 as both BA and lost.  Even if they screwed up and entered separately and negated one of the shows, they still should have won or got an email that their cc was declined.

i won LA2 with my third pick.
  • Sorry if this answer is already in the thread. I received confirmation for reserved much later for Nashville than Denver. From your experience, does that mean I expect better seats in Denver?  Is the seat quality relative to the time that your number is drawn?  Thx
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    We have heard people who put LA1 and LA2 as both BA and lost.  Even if they screwed up and entered separately and negated one of the shows, they still should have won or got an email that their cc was declined.

I got LA2 with my 5th priority. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • Sorry if this answer is already in the thread. I received confirmation for reserved much later for Nashville than Denver. From your experience, does that mean I expect better seats in Denver?  Is the seat quality relative to the time that your number is drawn?  Thx
    No, seats are assigned by seniority
  • Has anyone won three or more shows with one account?
    ecdanc said:

Well if it happens to me (I haven’t heard yet on my second pick (oak 2 BA), I’m an example of it happening.  Want a screenshot?
    Any theories on the "haven't heard" issue? I know there were several reports, especially with the 2-show cities.
    I think it was a flawed system, and issues came up that they didn’t expect.  I know you don’t want to believe that, but things happen and I think there were some problems that happened that weren’t thought out fully before they implemented the lotto.

for instance LA folks, OAK folks and a Nashville folks (although perhaps their Nash email may have gone to spam because I’ve only seen one instance this am) we’re just left to flap in the breeze with no email whatsoever).  That’s obviously not how it was intended since their schedule states that they would pull winners based on a show by show basis and then move on.  That’s not a huge issue but it’s not minor, and I think that is not how they intended it.

last night’s “error email” is another obvious malfunction.  Nothing more needs to be said about this but any system that mistakenly emails out hundreds (?) of false emails obviously has an error, which only can negatively affect ones opinion- it certainly does nothing to make folks feel better about it.  Like a witness with a shitty past, it discredits it a bit more.

then there’s the large amount of people who just missed out and got rejected.  Not even looking at msg and Baltimore, pretty much every single show had 99% odds.  That would mean that out of all the posts in here there would be only a few for each show that didn’t get tickets.  Allowing for user error for maybe 20% (and I think that’s very high since it wasn’t that complicated at least to me) we would be having 7 or 8(?) out of 10 people getting tickets,  I get it that we have no idea, this whole discussion is theoretical because until we have a bigger sample size to sift through we may never know, (folks of course chose GA, etc,)  but we should have seen results like we did on day 1 with Canada’s shows on day 2 as well as today.  Day 1 went as I think we all expected it to, almost everyone got what they requested.
    Apologies, my friend. I didn't intend my skepticism to diminish your experience. I completely agree that there have been hiccups, and I hope things still work out for your Oakland show. However, I think there may be discrete issues at play. E.g., the error email was a one-off that seemingly had no meaningful effect (beyond freaking people out). The 2nd LA and 2nd Oakland issue is still a bit of a mystery (to me, at least). I remain unconvinced, though, that there's a large-scale problem with the priority system or the odds, because--as you say--we don't have enough information. I've been following the boards pretty closely and have seen reports of issues since day 1--people were complaining about the exact thing then. Like you, I wish we had more information. On that we completely agree. 
    AO288807 said:
    Has anyone won three or more shows with one account?

Yes.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    SHZA said:
    ecdanc said:
    SHZA said:

Again, my question is how do you know? Particularly since there are reports of the opposite happening. In my hypothetical, if people who have PHX as #1 already got tickets for their #2-3 (e.g., STL, Nashville), couldn't/shouldn't the person who struck out on 1 and 2 get priority despite ranking PHX #3? Seems fair that they would 
    This would only work if they did all the shows at once--you'd be privileging people who had higher-priority shows drawn sooner in the process (e.g., someone who had PHX GA 1 and StL GA 2 would not receive the same "fair" chance you describe here). 
    ecdanc said:
    SHZA said:
    ecdanc said:
    SHZA said:

This would only work if they did all the shows at once--you'd be privileging people who had higher-priority shows drawn sooner in the process (e.g., someone who had PHX GA 1 and StL GA 2 would not receive the same "fair" chance you describe here). 
    I should add, that what you're describing is exactly how I feel it should work, but I've learned a) I'm in the minority; and b) 10c has done it this way (show-by-show) for a long time. 
  • ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Apologies, my friend. I didn't intend my skepticism to diminish your experience. I completely agree that there have been hiccups, and I hope things still work out for your Oakland show. However, I think there may be discrete issues at play. E.g., the error email was a one-off that seemingly had no meaningful effect (beyond freaking people out). The 2nd LA and 2nd Oakland issue is still a bit of a mystery (to me, at least). I remain unconvinced, though, that there's a large-scale problem with the priority system or the odds, because--as you say--we don't have enough information. I've been following the boards pretty closely and have seen reports of issues since day 1--people were complaining about the exact thing then. Like you, I wish we had more information. On that we completely agree. 
    Right on, I appreciate that. I’m personally just annoyed myself with the fact that my experience has now been 40 hours long since I got my first choice accepted with no acknowledgement about my second.  It’s a stressful experience to begin with but it’s been hard for me to get on with my shit without constantly being on this forum and constantly checking my bank acct and email.  Just annoying, give me my damn rejection letter so I can move on!
    ecdanc said:
    SHZA said:
    ecdanc said:
    SHZA said:

That's true, and very well could be happening. Seems like a lot of speculation from people who think they know how the process works, and any inconsistent results must be fabricated or user errors. 
  • YAKIMATSU said:

Thanks for posting this.  
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Right on, I appreciate that. I’m personally just annoyed myself with the fact that my experience has now been 40 hours long since I got my first choice accepted with no acknowledgement about my second.  It’s a stressful experience to begin with but it’s been hard for me to get on with my shit without constantly being on this forum and constantly checking my bank acct and email.  Just annoying, give me my damn rejection letter so I can move on!
    Things have gone smoothly for me thus far, and STILL the anxiety has taken over my last few days, so I really feel for those who've experienced problems/rejections. 
    YAKIMATSU said:

Thanks for posting this. 

You're welcome. 
  • If this has been addressed earlier my apologies...here's what I don't understand...there are some 10C members like myself that put in BA for one show (mine was Baltimore) and were rejected.  However others were granted all 2, 3 or 4 shows they requested.  Example, if a 10C member put in for 3 shows, let's say Nashville, St Louis, and Baltimore in that order and won all 3....you have 10C members like me that put in for one show (Balt) because that's what we can afford....and were rejected, meanwhile some are going to 3 shows.  Why not spread the wealth a little instead of giving some members multiple shows; in the example above I think that member would have been totally happy with 2 shows won.  Sorry, I just don't get it.
  • 95Pirate said:
    If this has been addressed earlier my apologies...here's what I don't understand...there are some 10C members like myself that put in BA for one show (mine was Baltimore) and were rejected.  However others were granted all 2, 3 or 4 shows they requested.  Example, if a 10C member put in for 3 shows, let's say Nashville, St Louis, and Baltimore in that order and won all 3....you have 10C members like me that put in for one show (Balt) because that's what we can afford....and were rejected, meanwhile some are going to 3 shows.  Why not spread the wealth a little instead of giving some members multiple shows; in the example above I think that member would have been totally happy with 2 shows won.  Sorry, I just don't get it.
    That didn't happen.
  • 95Pirate said:
    If this has been addressed earlier my apologies...here's what I don't understand...there are some 10C members like myself that put in BA for one show (mine was Baltimore) and were rejected.  However others were granted all 2, 3 or 4 shows they requested.  Example, if a 10C member put in for 3 shows, let's say Nashville, St Louis, and Baltimore in that order and won all 3....you have 10C members like me that put in for one show (Balt) because that's what we can afford....and were rejected, meanwhile some are going to 3 shows.  Why not spread the wealth a little instead of giving some members multiple shows; in the example above I think that member would have been totally happy with 2 shows won.  Sorry, I just don't get it.
    No one won Baltimore at 2nd or lower priority. 
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Where is that graphic someone made with the odds just before the lottery closing?  I have searched and searched but there is so much to wade through now.

If St. Louis closed at 99%, either the odds calculation does not take all entries, regardless of priority, into account anymore (I did not see info on this changing for Ticketmaster, only pointing to the old 10C system), or St. Louis was flawed in Ticketmaster's system.  Based on the email issue last night, guessing it was flawed in some way (number of tickets they had available was overstated, or some other issue(s)). 

It sounds like several people did not realize they had to prioritize the shows on the screen that listed all of the shows they selected (I believe they were shown chronologically, rather than the order you selected them, and then you had to drag and drop to rearrange).  Also putting the odds in the email you receive after making your picks threw people off.  But at 99%, second or third or even later priorities should not have been rejected at this rate for St. Louis.  I personally got 1 show with first priority and feel grateful for that, but I think that rules out user error for a later priority at 99%.  

I do like this new system in theory (the best available option and the ability to resell at face value online).
    95Pirate said:
    No one won Baltimore with a priority 3. But, to your larger point, I agree, but the show-by-show method is how 10c does things (for better or worse). 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Yeah, I can’t understand how the lottery worked.... my friend put in for several shows that were at 99% and chose reserved seats.... not sure how he missed out on those shows🤔 
  • Where is that graphic someone made with the odds just before the lottery closing?  I have searched and searched but there is so much to wade through now.

If St. Louis closed at 99%, either the odds calculation does not take all entries, regardless of priority, into account anymore (I did not see info on this changing for Ticketmaster, only pointing to the old 10C system), or St. Louis was flawed in Ticketmaster's system.  Based on the email issue last night, guessing it was flawed in some way (number of tickets they had available was overstated, or some other issue(s)). 

It sounds like several people did not realize they had to prioritize the shows on the screen that listed all of the shows they selected (I believe they were shown chronologically, rather than the order you selected them, and then you had to drag and drop to rearrange).  Also putting the odds in the email you receive after making your picks threw people off.  But at 99%, second or third or even later priorities should not have been rejected at this rate for St. Louis.  I personally got 1 show with first priority and feel grateful for that, but I think that rules out user error for a later priority at 99%.  

I do like this new system in theory (the best available option and the ability to resell at face value online).
    I believe this is a large source of confusion where people THINK they got GA with their 4th pick.  It was in fact their first pick and they didn't realize it.
    Where is that graphic someone made with the odds just before the lottery closing?  I have searched and searched but there is so much to wade through now.

The StL and Nashville rejection emails were (in many cases) mistakes that were later retracted. Not sure we've had any clear instances of people being shut out of those shows (with reserved or best available selections). 
  • 95Pirate said:
    That didn't happen.
    Yup.  Hearsay runs wild on these boards!
    This could be the day