***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 547
    edited January 2020
    Just got my first pick, Best Available for Ottawa at 6:10pm EST!:

You've Scored Pearl Jam Tickets for Ottawa, ON!

Post edited by Torontonian on
  • Hawk123 said:
    Ottawa confirmed.
    Nice, so Ottawa confirmations are coming in now. I heard one for Toronto was mentioned on Facebook too. 
    I think the Toronto on Facebook was a joke.  
    Looks like they are doing the shows in order of the most available (odds) GA tickets, so Hamilton would be next with Toronto last.......
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    OTTAWA SECURED!!!!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Ottawa confirmed.
    Damn... what's the time stamp? 
    It was right when I posted (6:09PM EST).  I was reading the thread and the email came in.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    Ottawa confirmed 1st pick GA only
  • Just scored Ottawa Priority #1 GA only. 
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    For those of you thinking about secondary market tickets I'd read that last sentence. THis was on ticketnews.com site, I can post link to article if you want. Statement from TM.

“Pearl Jam has a long-standing commitment to protecting and advocating for their fans, and keeping ticket prices fair is central to that promise. To ensure tickets are not offered to fans above face value, the band decided that all tickets for their tour would not be transferable to avoid resale at inflated prices. Non-transferability is being extensively communicated to fans throughout the announcement and sales process.  Recognizing that some fans may be unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, the band also requested that Ticketmaster develop a first-of-its-kind, Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, where fans can sell their tickets at face value (including fees from original purchase) to other fans. The Exchange is free for both buyers and sellers to use without any additional fees. To eliminate consumer confusion, Ticketmaster has also notified major secondary marketplaces and resellers that tickets for this tour are not available for resale.”

That is great news and should be started as a separate thread.
    PS Resale will be a thing in just Denver and NYC.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • ewalesewales Posts: 13
    Got the e-mail confirmation for Ottawa. Waiting for Toronto. 
    Hope one of them is GA but I'll have to wait and see. 
  • I have a feeling early 6pm for Ottawa is GA.  Some people only picked GA for Ottawa and got confirmation around the same time as I did Best Available (6:10pm).
  • Ottawa GA was my first and only request
    10 Club 478XXX
    code was 315XXX
    confirmed at 6:11

• My Wife just got Ottawa best available 640xxx
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • So if your request best avail you do not know if its ga or reserved till Jan 27? 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited January 2020
    #Ottawa BA - Confirmed 5:18 CT
    #2 Quebec City BA - Confirmed 3:20pm CT 

#1 St Louis BA - 
    #2 Nashville BA - 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • This is fun!
  • You people are all nuts lol 
    my number is 3425xxxx my code was 2xx lol 
    Jose, it’s Scott. I haven’t seen you since Brooklyn 2013. What’s up!!!??? I know you gonna be at the garden. See you at the pre-party!
    Damn a blast from the past how are you Scott , I put in for Baltimore as my number 1 and MSG as my number 2 , reserved seating only .. are you doing any others besides MSG 
    I want to do Baltimore but only ordered reserved10c ticket for msg so far.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Sorry for repeating if already asked...but did people who receive email confirmations also receive texts? Also did the confirmation specify GA or seats if you chose Best Available?
    No texts
    No clarification that it's GA or Reserved
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    So another thing to stress people out for BAL and NY as well as those that went only GA on the other US cities tomorrow is the fact they do not send rejection emails before starting a new city. Still waiting for my rejection for Quebec City and nothing yet. Going to add to the nerves a bit. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    Saltzy23 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    This is a completely random side effect, but at MSG in 2016 I blatantly saw people skip the entire merch line by saying they needed to go to will call to pick up their 10C tickets, walk through security, grab their tickets, walk over to the to the merch stands in the inner concourse, buy their stuff without waiting on line at all and walk right out.
    Holy shit. I definitely did this. I had no idea there was a merch line. Went in and grabbed my tickets then noticed the stand was open and selling stuff.
    EEeeeeeyeah.

The merch line started on the steps, made a right turn, and basically went all the way down to 31st Street.

I don't blame you, as if you came from uptown or the east it was very easy to miss and/or think it was just the GA line.

I, um, may have made the same mistake before realizing I did on the way out.

For whatever it's worth the NYC #1 tee shirt from 2016 was pretty weak.  It's probably my least favorite show specific tee that I own.
    I don't have any memory of this but if I saw the line you're describing I definitely would have assumed it was the GA line. And I also don't remember anyone stopping me to confirm I was getting tickets or merch or whatever. I think I just went through a metal detector and got on with my business. 
    I don't have any pics or anything, but I came from uptown down 7th Ave down the front of the building, and made a hard right into the concourse, through security, and to the will call windows like you did.  Saw the merch stands selling shit and though, "Damn, I must be crazy early, there are like no lines at all!" 

Bought a tee shirt, walked out and saw like 1,000 standing in the metal cages and was like "What the hell is that for?"  

Asked the people in line what they were in line for, had them tell me, had my face turn red and scooted the hell outta dodge before I was murdered.
    Ha ha...exactly. Fortunately I have a personal policy of never speaking to the rabble at Pearl Jam shows.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited January 2020
    Did anyone get shut out with GA only as their # 1 priority for Quebec City?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    For those of you thinking about secondary market tickets I'd read that last sentence. THis was on ticketnews.com site, I can post link to article if you want. Statement from TM.

“Pearl Jam has a long-standing commitment to protecting and advocating for their fans, and keeping ticket prices fair is central to that promise. To ensure tickets are not offered to fans above face value, the band decided that all tickets for their tour would not be transferable to avoid resale at inflated prices. Non-transferability is being extensively communicated to fans throughout the announcement and sales process.  Recognizing that some fans may be unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, the band also requested that Ticketmaster develop a first-of-its-kind, Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, where fans can sell their tickets at face value (including fees from original purchase) to other fans. The Exchange is free for both buyers and sellers to use without any additional fees. To eliminate consumer confusion, Ticketmaster has also notified major secondary marketplaces and resellers that tickets for this tour are not available for resale.”

Hey, quick question. Who bribed congress to allow bands and Ticketmaster to collude against ticket resale laws? Asking for a friend.

Do I need to repost to AMT?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    ejteufel said:
    This is what I got from support. Soooo, is it “soon” or the 27th? 🤔

Hey welcome to the forum under this ID. TC is always so polite.

fans are not asking about seat location

fans are asking about seat category

this unnecessary anxiety could have seen avoided by charging $5 less for Reserved tickets. 
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    edited January 2020
    Fyi - I have Ottawa Reserved as my #1 and haven't heard anything yet

Edit - just got the confirmation email at 6:47
    Post edited by NDJeff7 on
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Or did anyone get IN/DENIED with Ottawa GA ONLY as #2? 

• ajflickerajflicker Posts: 166
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Or did anyone get IN/DENIED with Ottawa GA ONLY as #2? 
    Well i just lost hope for Hamilton.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I'm sure the higher ups look at ticket prices for entertainment shows as trivial.  It's a clear violation of Antitrust laws, but when they want to see something, no biggie, they are rich!  Really PJ is one of the few I can afford to see.  I checked the black keys and NR & nightsweats, good seats were ridiculous prices
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • NDJeff7 said:
    Fyi - I have Ottawa Reserved as my #1 and haven't heard anything yet
    You will get in. It was 99%. 

• ejteufel said:
    This is what I got from support. Soooo, is it “soon” or the 27th? 🤔

Hey welcome to the forum under this ID. TC is always so polite.

fans are not asking about seat location

fans are asking about seat category

this unnecessary anxiety could have seen avoided by charging $5 less for Reserved tickets. 
    I should’ve clarified, my bad. My original email asked if there would be specification between a GA and reserved ticket when we got selected in the lottery. But the answer was pretty vague. 
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Posts: 1,000
    People are really fucking thick.  If you put in Best Available it showed you have entries for both GA and Reserved.  There is no separate drawing for Best Available seats.  You are in the GA drawing, and if you don’t get that you’re in the Reserved drawing.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• I don't know ppl are having a hard time comprehending this lottery drawing. It's simple 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    I was GA only for QBC and made it #2 priority and didn’t win.

The pit was pretty big for this show and I think it finished around 75% for GA.

Have to see how the rest plays out but I’m thinking unless GA was 85% or higher, you had to put it as #1 to have a shot
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore