• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 562
    Thank you Pearl Jam Jesus!
    and 10 club
    and even freakin TM
    5/6
    Lucky couple days.
    Hugs for everyone.
     Apparently SD priority 6 (hail mary) is lost.
    See you all on tour.

• Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    edited January 2020
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Priority 4 seems to be the limit for SD and PHX.
    I won SD 2 tx, BA priority 4
    And PHX 2 tix, reserved priority 8
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 433
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is bullshit, when will I hear about Oakland 2? 47 hours since I heard on oak 1. What a system, TM.
    I sent an email.  They confirmed I was a giant loser this afternoon for OAK1.  I wouldn't expect an email.  Probably just a glitch.
    That blows.  Ok, I’ll send an email.

so for me it was

#1 OAK1 BA - won
    #2 OAK2 BA - no idea but will assume LOST

on to the VF sale and then F2F. Lesson learned, I won’t do BA for the fall tour, I’ll do RES for the shows I want.
    Which would be weird considering the person above you posted a win with priority 6
    Yeah I’m a little bit pissed.

"I lost Oakland 2 with a #2 priority but am seeing people report winning with priorities as low as 6. How can that be? Did I make a mistake? Are they incorrect? Was there a system error?"
    It's a lottery that takes priority into consideration but doesn't provide a guarantee, that's how 
    Based on how they set the system up, a 6 shouldn't be getting tickets over a 2 with the same request. I'd want to know if I did something wrong or if people were mistaken or if there was a glitch, etc.
    Agreed. That's how it has always worked in the past. Would love to hear a response from 10c on this. 
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    8, that is the latest I have seen anywhere. Congratulations.
    I did get PHX BA 1st priority.  See you there.
    I guess SD didn't make it past 4 today then.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I have yet to receive an email for my Nashville entry. Have a pending charge on my credit card, but no email.
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Mozzy said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Thanks! See you in PHX (I put it last because it had the highest GA percentage of the shows I wanted, so figured it was my best shot at 8th).
    I feel insanely lucky. I've historically done AWFUL with the lottery, but somehow was immensely lucky and went 8 for 8 with this one. Probably my last big tour with PJ, so it's nice to not have to scrape and claw for tix. I'm very grateful. Bummed for those that are disappointed and that feel fucked over by the new system. It worked out great for me, but have been on the opposite end many, many times, so I know how shitty it can feel.
  • Options
    G-FuryG-Fury Posts: 53
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Mozzy said:
    YAKIMATSU said:

That is pretty messed up. I had phx #1 San Diego #2. Haven't heard anything on PHX. Wish they did it by seniority.
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    Nothing on st. Louis, so weird, I signed up for both st. Louis and denver at the same time.  Got the order number for both. Got ticket confirmation for denver and absolutely nothing on St. Louis.
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    Any dear John emails yet?
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Show Priority
    You are required to select each show in priority status when entering the drawing. Sorry, there can only be one #1 show no matter how many shows you may want to go to equally. During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.

PJ knows if a fan puts in for 10 shows and gets one, they are happy, maybe not as happy as 10 shows, but initially happy.

Ticket Odds Tool

This tool is only visible when entering for a drawing. The purpose of this tool is to show you the odds of being selected for a given show. The odds are calculated based on the number of entrants versus the number of tickets available.  Drawing entry time does not affect your odds of being drawn for tickets.  The odds will change throughout the drawing entry period as members continue to enter the drawing. The odds will update every 5 minutes and will continue to update until the drawing entry period ends. This tool has been created to help members know which shows are in highest demand. Drawings winners are pulled at random.  Since there is no preferential treatment given to anyone, all members will see the same odds visible, and every eligible member has the same chance to be drawn for the same show. Drawing odds do not guarantee tickets will be won or lost if entered for. 

So in the first paragraph they make is sound like they will do all P1, then P2, then P3, this is why there is frustration when someone wins a 99% odds show on their 6th priority and someone looses it with 1st priority.  I get it.

to me, the last bolded statement, "every eligible member has the same chance to be drawn for the same show" is how I see them putting all priorities in one pool and drawing at random.  they pull a name, #6 priority confirmed, draw another #3 priority confirmed, when tickets are depleted, there are names left in the pool that were #1 & #2 priority that did not get picked.  I'm sure they do not draw one name at a time, but it's the elementary concept, IMHO.  FWIW.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Any dear John emails yet?
    Damn. Posted and got dear John at the same time.
    Spring tour tickets are done. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,810
    There is no way they do one big pool with all the priorities. Look at BAL and NY. No one won in the second round. 
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 461

How late have confirmation emails been going out? Is that the only way to know if I got tix? Will that show up in my account here?
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    I just got a rejection email for Phoenix, even though I didn't even ask for Phoenix tickets.
  • Options
    I got my 4th (LA 1 BA), and 6th (OAK 1 BA) priorities, shut out on 1st (LA 2 GA), 2nd (OAK 2 GA), 3rd (PHX GA - this was a mistake), and 5th (SD BA). Ugh. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I just got a rejection email for Phoenix, even though I didn't even ask for Phoenix tickets.
    Lol, that’s just great.  What a fucking disaster this experience has been.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    PJNB said:
    There is no way they do one big pool with all the priorities. Look at BAL and NY. No one won in the second round. 
    very small representation on this board of thousands of tickets awarded.  I do not have it 100% figured out, but just to show that the wording is vague enough, not enough information to "figure out the lottery". that they could do it in rounds 500 at a time, 1000 at a time, it's hard to say.  I am trying to offer at least a possibility, no matter how small, how someone got #6 over #1 priority on a low demand show.  Most other explanations are that the system is screwed up or TM or whatever.
    People can believe what they want.  I am choosing to believe that I do not have it all figured out and how does a #6 beat out a #1?  The luck of the draw.  How can a #6 even have the chance to be drawn before a #1? "every eligible member has the same chance to be drawn for the same show"
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545
    I got my 4th (LA 1 BA), and 6th (OAK 1 BA) priorities, shut out on 1st (LA 2 GA), 2nd (OAK 2 GA), 3rd (PHX GA - this was a mistake), and 5th (SD BA). Ugh. 

Congrats on Oakland 1 BA but this makes no sense how I lost then at 4th priority. 
  • Options
    By the way, I got rejected  for the only show I put in for which is my hometown of Nashville. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    By the way, I got rejected  for the only show I put in for which is my hometown of Nashville. 
    Uggh that sucks.  Sorry to hear.  My experience has been less than savory too.  You’ll get them though in some way, have faith in the fan to fan, that’s what I’m hoping to do, if not the verified fan fiasco.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    I was very lucky to score tix for Baltimore and I applaud the 10 club trying to improve the system and acquire as many tix as possible. However, I think the system will be flawed as long as some members are able to get tix for 2-7 shows while others are shut out completely. I know they’ve done one show only in the past but I can’t remember if it helped much?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Phoenix GA. Very excited!
  • Options
    Well, just got shut out of Phoenix. I put in for Best Available and I guess it wasn’t meant to be for fan club tickets this time around for me. I’ve already booked flights from Boston so now I hope I get a code Wednesday night for Thursday’s verified fan presale. 
    Disappointed for sure, but not giving up yet.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Phoenix GA. Very excited!
    Did you just find out?
  • Options

Congrats on Oakland 1 BA but this makes no sense how I lost then at 4th priority. 
    Thanks, and I totally agree. It all seems very illogical to me, to be honest. Did you get anything else you put in for? 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545
    ponner1us said:
    I was very lucky to score tix for Baltimore and I applaud the 10 club trying to improve the system and acquire as many tix as possible. However, I think the system will be flawed as long as some members are able to get tix for 2-7 shows while others are shut out completely. I know they’ve done one show only in the past but I can’t remember if it helped much?
    I would be okay with having some sort of element.  If someone wants to go to NYC and three other cities, and you only want to go to NYC, I would be okay with you getting first crack at NYC.  With odds being good in those other three cities, it is easy to put NYC first and still get the other three cities so they aren't taking on any risk of missing out. 
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    edited January 2020
    Friend of mine in PHX has a # of 43xxx
    He put in for PHX and SD as his #1/2 priority...

NO TICKETS

Post edited by Little Italy on
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    wallerce said:
    Well, just got shut out of Phoenix. I put in for Best Available and I guess it wasn’t meant to be for fan club tickets this time around for me. I’ve already booked flights from Boston so now I hope I get a code Wednesday night for Thursday’s verified fan presale. 
    Disappointed for sure, but not giving up yet.
    Have hope! Since 2012, I have been rejected for requests in every tour but have always been able to go to all the shows I wanted to go to thanks to all the great people on this board!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    ClipOnGirlClipOnGirl Posts: 53
    edited January 2020
    Feeling super lucky and excited - we went 4/4.  Really needed it this year, too!
    #1 - SD (BA)
    #2 - OAK2 (BA)
    #3 - OAK1 (BA)
    #4 - PHX (BA)
    Hoping for GA in SD (home town) and at least one of the OAK shows.

I'll see you on the other side ...
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited January 2020
    My final tally:

Canada:
    #1 - Hamilton BA (won)
    #2 - Quebec City GA (lost)
    #3 - Ottawa GA (lost)

USA:
    #1 - Baltimore BA (won)
    #2 - MSG BA (lost)
    #3 - San Diego BA (won)
    #4 - St. Louis BA (lost)

3/7 not bad considering the 2 Canada GA shows it makes sense that I lost.

For the fall, I’ll do GA for my #1 pick and then BA for everything else.  

I did appreciate how we were able to separate USA and Canada as two different entries 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II