Options

***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    I still don't know why people would only pick G/A.

Is it not better to be in a seat vs. outside of the venue?
  • Options
    Swordo said:

Maybe you're from far away and want a shot at an epic trip but only worth it to you if you get in the pit. Otherwise, yeah, waste of time.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
    Swordo said:

I know the adrenaline was firing for me at work after I got the notice and saw it required action (didn't know immediate action was not required) so at first I didn't see my code, then when I finally found it and picked my shows, I quickly picked GA for all three...only to realize my error a little later and luckily I fixed it.  But I think for some people, maybe they've been to a lot of shows but never had GA, or cash was tighter so they said, screw it, GA or nothing for me.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Swordo said:

I think if you have a really high member number and you believe in the fan to fan system, that you can likely get better F2F tickets than you would have been assigned.  I am SO curious to see how this is going to work out.  I have the feeling there will be zero inventory, and any tickets that people put up will be gone in 10 seconds.  Look forward to F5'ing every 10 seconds for the next 2+ months.
  • Options
    oo712oo712 Posts: 28
    Swordo said:

I picked GA on two shows. One show is because I'm going with 4 people so the only way I'd ditch my friends is being on the floor. The other show my ten number is high so did LA1 Ga and LA2 best available. Figure I would hit one of those
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    Swordo said:

I am one of the GA only people. I do agree that the resale thing does make it a bit of a good idea to get reserved and see what comes up, however:
    1) I have never really had too much of a problem getting great tickets over the years. Most I spent was $200 for a GA in LA from a fan club member. I have never been to MSG, so I have no comment on that as that is a whole other ballgame. 
    2) I live 5 hours from PHX. I will spend at least $250 on travel. I would like to secure a very good seat if I am spending $250 just to get there.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    kaw753 said:
    Swordo said:

I am one of the GA only people. I do agree that the resale thing does make it a bit of a good idea to get reserved and see what comes up, however:
    1) I have never really had too much of a problem getting great tickets over the years. Most I spent was $200 for a GA in LA from a fan club member. I have never been to MSG, so I have no comment on that as that is a whole other ballgame. 
    2) I live 5 hours from PHX. I will spend at least $250 on travel. I would like to secure a very good seat if I am spending $250 just to get there.
    A Ten Club member charged you $200 for their extra GA ticket?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,810
    pjl44 said:
    kaw753 said:
    Swordo said:

Impossible! Ten club members never flip merch or tickets to fellow members!! 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,405
    Swordo said:

Because SOMEBODY was going to win them! I got GA only for Phoenix....stop making others who chose GA feel like shit cause you were so much smarter and didn't pick GA only....
  • Options
    Swordo said:

Because SOMEBODY was going to win them! I got GA only for Phoenix....stop making others who chose GA feel like shit cause you were so much smarter and didn't pick GA only....
    Or, wait for it, a husband and wife, 2 friends, etc. One puts in BA because they have the better TC number, the other puts GA only. 
  • Options
    CJ206326CJ206326 Posts: 42
    edited January 2020
    ignore this, I wanted to delete but I don't know how. 
    Post edited by CJ206326 on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    kaw753 said:
    Swordo said:

Correct. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Gotta pay for the travel costs somehow." I wasn't yet a member, so didn't really know how it worked or that the only real way to get GA was through the fan club.

BTW, I bought a GA for Barcelona at face value from a nice fan. What was crazy about that show was multiple people were GIVING away tickets because friends bailed on them.
  • Options
    I honestly don't even understand how this works with GA, BA, and Reserved. 

I put in for BA in Denver. Won it. What does that even mean? Do I have a chance at GA? Do they assign GA first, then move to Reserved? If that's the case, do I get the BA Reserved, which in a world where Reserved is assigned via 10C priority, then my BA is actually a Reserved....

Ultimately, who cares. I'm in. LFG
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    jdahline said:

I put in for BA in Denver. Won it. What does that even mean? Do I have a chance at GA? Do they assign GA first, then move to Reserved? If that's the case, do I get the BA Reserved, which in a world where Reserved is assigned via 10C priority, then my BA is actually a Reserved....

Imagine being customer service and your job is to answer questions which are explained clearly in the rules.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    kaw753 said:
    Swordo said:

Correct. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Gotta pay for the travel costs somehow." I wasn't yet a member, so didn't really know how it worked or that the only real way to get GA was through the fan club.

BTW, I bought a GA for Barcelona at face value from a nice fan. What was crazy about that show was multiple people were GIVING away tickets because friends bailed on them.
    Crazy. So you obviously didn't make that connection here. How did you find the ticket? Craigslist or something?
  • Options
    jdahline said:

I just called the 10 club support line like 10 minutes ago. I asked the woman I talked to what BA means and she said it means general admission. I asked her if she was sure like five times and she kept saying yes yes that is what it means. So the only ticket I won is BA which means GA that makes me super happy because that's what I wanted. 

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    jdahline said:

It means that you either have GA or reserved seats for Denver but you won't know until the week of the 27th
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

I just called the 10 club support line like 10 minutes ago. I asked the woman I talked to what BA means and she said it means general admission. I asked her if she was sure like five times and she kept saying yes yes that is what it means. So the only ticket I won is BA which means GA that makes me super happy because that's what I wanted. 

I'm hoping you are not serious
  • Options
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

So if BA means GA, then what does GA mean?
  • Options
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

Well, I assure you she is wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    kaw753 said:
    Swordo said:

Crazy. So you obviously didn't make that connection here. How did you find the ticket? Craigslist or something?
    Yes, Craigslist. This was the Nov 24, 2013 show, so not sure if people even put tickets on Craiglist anymore. I was confused on why I had to meet him at the arena at 2pm. Anyone who remembers the LA Sports Arena know it was not exactly in a happening neighborhood. 

Edit: For those who never made it to the LA Sports Arena, after the show I was driving outside of the arena and there was a random car upside down on one of the local streets. Not sure why and nobody seemed all that concerned about it. People just went around it and headed home. It might still be there.
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • Options
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

That's what the woman I talked to said. I'm just quoting her. I want to hear the other responses people have gotten about what BA means in this case. 
  • Options
    CJ206326 said:
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

That's what the woman I talked to said. I'm just quoting her. I want to hear the other responses people have gotten about what BA means in this case. 
    I mean I hope you don't seriously believe her
  • Options
    jdahline said:

It means that you either have GA or reserved seats for Denver but you won't know until the week of the 27th
    Yeah, I get that, but is it based on my seniority if I get GA or Reserved?
  • Options
    jdahline said:
    jdahline said:

It's not supposed to
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    CJ206326 said:
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

I'm wondering if she was able to see that YOU got GA from the BA entry. Because otherwise...
    1. SHIT SHOW will erupt
    2. that could explain why a BOAT load of BA people didn't win seats at 99% 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    CJ206326 said:
    CJ206326 said:
    jdahline said:

I mean I hope you don't seriously believe her
    Well, I was just told I lost my other pick, so my brain will use this other information to cope with not having won the lottery for both nights! Even if she is not right (I hope she is) there is a small chance I will actually get a GA ticket  :o

• Options
    jdahline said:
    jdahline said:

It's not supposed to
    If it's not, then, again, what exactly does BA mean?
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    jdahline said:
    jdahline said:
    jdahline said:

It's not supposed to
    If it's not, then, again, what exactly does BA mean?
    Best Available. 
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    edited January 2020
    jdahline said:
    jdahline said:

did you read the fuckin rules????  This is all explained. Why are you confused.  People are waiting on fucking emails if they won or not, there has been a major fuck up and you are calling to find out if "Best Available" means you won GA when the emails and the rules say you will find out on Jan 27!!!!????    Reserved seats are based on Seniority like they have been for past 25 years.  GA is issued on first come first serve of the first chosen of those who picked GA and BA combined.

man oh man.
    Post edited by BE9456 on