Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    For those that have attended more shows than I have, which is the preferable section:
    2nd row of section 210 (aisle seats) OR
    9th row of 104

210 closer to stage but obviously higher 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,011
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    Anyone have any suggestions for a good breakfast places downtown?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    We liked Milk & Honey in the gulch much better than Biscuit Love which is near there. 

Rise is closer to Tootsie's and was very good

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    LukinFan said:
    417 Union is where we like to go.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    Puckett's Grocery is  good breakfast place although it has been a while since we have been there.  My husband and I live halfway between Nashville and St. Louis in a rural area.  Metropolis, IL is about 150 miles from Nashville and St. Louis.  So we consider Nashville and St. Louis our home shows.  That being said we get to each city regularly although not as often since Covid and since traffic in Nashville got so crazy as well as the high priced lodging.  I remember back in the old days when you get a room in Nashville for $5.00.  Ha!  I'm not that old but close.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Puckett's Grocery is  good breakfast place although it has been a while since we have been there.  My husband and I live halfway between Nashville and St. Louis in a rural area.  Metropolis, IL is about 150 miles from Nashville and St. Louis.  So we consider Nashville and St. Louis our home shows.  That being said we get to each city regularly although not as often since Covid and since traffic in Nashville got so crazy as well as the high priced lodging.  I remember back in the old days when you get a room in Nashville for $5.00.  Ha!  I'm not that old but close.
    Pucketts is indeed good. That burger will put you down for the count.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    edited September 2022
    LukinFan said:
    We liked Milk & Honey in the gulch much better than Biscuit Love which is near there. 

The Gulch has lots of great places to eat. Only been to Biscuit Love once and it was good. Big Bad Breakfast is really good, but farther out from downtown on Charlotte Ave.

If you want to be the tourist, then Loveless Cafe on Hwy 100 in Bellevue. Expect an hour wait on the weekends. not so bad on weekdays and they serve breakfast all day. Puckett's is good too.

The Diner on 3rd Ave and Demonbreun is open from 7:30am to 2am on Friday's and Saturdays. They have 6 floors and a brunch on the 6th floor on the weekends. Really good food. They used to have different food selections on each floor, but I think it's all similar now, with the exception of the 6th floor which is their oyster bar. They have hot chicken sushi too (it's Princes hot chicken wrapped up in a sushi roll and it's pretty damn good.)

I've heard Sun Diner downtown is pretty good, basic diner food. But if you're wanting good old southern breakfast (or lunch if you're not a breakfast person), I'd go to Monells. it's in Germantown and is family style (you sit at a table for like 20 people with strangers). There will be a long wait, but really good food and if you leave there hungry, well, something is wrong with you because it's all you can eat lol

edit. For Monells, you don't get a menu, they just bring out food. Bacon, sausage, pancakes, cheese grits, hashbrowns, etc. They also usually serve fried chicken with breakfast and lunch. it's like $18 per person. That would be my recommendation
    Post edited by ponytd on
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Varallo's on 4th.

When I worked downtown I used to get breakfast there a couple times a week. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Varallo's on 4th.

When I worked downtown I used to get breakfast there a couple times a week. 
    I always forget about that place. Haven't been there in forever. It is good.
  • Options
    ponytd said:
    LukinFan said:

The Gulch has lots of great places to eat. Only been to Biscuit Love once and it was good. Big Bad Breakfast is really good, but farther out from downtown on Charlotte Ave.

If you want to be the tourist, then Loveless Cafe on Hwy 100 in Bellevue. Expect an hour wait on the weekends. not so bad on weekdays and they serve breakfast all day. Puckett's is good too.

The Diner on 3rd Ave and Demonbreun is open from 7:30am to 2am on Friday's and Saturdays. They have 6 floors and a brunch on the 6th floor on the weekends. Really good food. They used to have different food selections on each floor, but I think it's all similar now, with the exception of the 6th floor which is their oyster bar. They have hot chicken sushi too (it's Princes hot chicken wrapped up in a sushi roll and it's pretty damn good.)

I've heard Sun Diner downtown is pretty good, basic diner food. But if you're wanting good old southern breakfast (or lunch if you're not a breakfast person), I'd go to Monells. it's in Germantown and is family style (you sit at a table for like 20 people with strangers). There will be a long wait, but really good food and if you leave there hungry, well, something is wrong with you because it's all you can eat lol

edit. For Monells, you don't get a menu, they just bring out food. Bacon, sausage, pancakes, cheese grits, hashbrowns, etc. They also usually serve fried chicken with breakfast and lunch. it's like $18 per person. That would be my recommendation
    Monell’s is killer. Had lunch, but I bet breakfast would be great!
  • Options
    Anyone been to that arcade bar in East Nashville? We went right after it opened. Was playing Wrestlemania 2 on half the TVs, good cold beer, and tons of games. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the great info in this thread.  I’m making notes like mad and really looking forward to seeing Nashville.  Thank you!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    e360727 said:
    For those that have attended more shows than I have, which is the preferable section:
    9th row of 104

I prefer club level, 210.  Usually more room.  Smaller lines for food/bathrooms too
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    Dug1200 said:
    e360727 said:
    9th row of 104

I prefer club level, 210.  Usually more room.  Smaller lines for food/bathrooms too
    I actually kind of regret selling my tix in 221 for tix in 118. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Dug1200 said:
    e360727 said:
    9th row of 104

I'd probably have to agree. There's really not a bad seat in Bridgestone for a concert, unless you're right at side stage, but the club level is only about 10ft above the lower bowl. There's also a bathroom right outside section 210 and a bar, so if you need to get a drink or hit the bathroom (it's not a big bathroom), it'll go much faster than leaving out of 104.
  • Options
    ponytd said:
    Dug1200 said:
    e360727 said:
    9th row of 104

I'd probably have to agree. There's really not a bad seat in Bridgestone for a concert, unless you're right at side stage, but the club level is only about 10ft above the lower bowl. There's also a bathroom right outside section 210 and a bar, so if you need to get a drink or hit the bathroom (it's not a big bathroom), it'll go much faster than leaving out of 104.
    I got 203 row B. How are those? First time going to Bridgestone
  • Options
    ponytd said:
    Dug1200 said:
    e360727 said:
    9th row of 104

I got 203 row B. How are those? First time going to Bridgestone
    Those will be good. Opposite side of the arena from the stage, but pretty much straight on (you'll be on Stone's side) and really good sound. It's at the front of the arena(main entrance and big wall of windows on corner of Broadway and 5th), so in the main entrance, up the escalator right in front of you, get off at the club level and turn left. food and beverage right outside the section. There's a bar and upscale food outside section 208-210.

For those that just want to grab a drink or some food close and don't want to fight restaurants or woo girls, there's Pete and Terry's at the SoBro (south of Broadway) entrance at rear of arena off Demonbreun. it's got good food and drink and you can go in the entrance there. That entrance brings you in about section 113/114 I believe. right inside that entrance is Jack Daniel's barrelhouse. Just beer and liqour there, but good place to hang out once you're inside
  • Options
    Never been to Bridgestone before and trying to decide between 206 F (club level) or 111 J (behind stage). Any helpful input would be appreciated! 
  • Options
    Anyone been to that arcade bar in East Nashville? We went right after it opened. Was playing Wrestlemania 2 on half the TVs, good cold beer, and tons of games. 
    Definitely. I go there frequently. Live only a few blocks away. There’s a lot right nearby there. A phenomenal craft brew tap house called Filling Station (I’ll likely be there Friday before the show) and also another pinball bar called No Quarter … which I may go to after the show. I highly recommend Filling Station in East at a minimum.
  • Options
    See you all there! The wife and I will be in 104 AA
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I apologize if this question has already been asked.  Is it helpful to have a car in Nashville.  I am staying downtown near the arena and was not sure if we needed one or if it would just be a waste of $ paying for parking for 2 days.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I apologize if this question has already been asked.  Is it helpful to have a car in Nashville.  I am staying downtown near the arena and was not sure if we needed one or if it would just be a waste of $ paying for parking for 2 days.
    Waste
  • Options
    CU293244 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Waste
    I second that. Some great areas that you could quickly Uber to if needed and don’t have to worry about driving or the cost. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    CU293244 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Waste
    agreed....so much to do in that area you don't need to go anywhere in a car

• Options
    CU293244 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Waste
    I second that. Some great areas that you could quickly Uber to if needed and don’t have to worry about driving or the cost. 
    There's also hundreds of electric scooters around. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    CU293244 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Waste
    There's also hundreds of electric scooters around. 
    I've always seen those but never used them.....so you just pick it up, swipe your card and go? What if you leave it somewhere and come back out and someone else has taken it?

googled it....might try that. Not as expensive as I thought
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    Dug1200 said:
    e360727 said:
    9th row of 104

great point....I'll be in 219

• Options
    Random Question - anyone know good sports bars for NFL on Sunday? Ideally Jets games?
    could even settle for a Browns bar too. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23