Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    estarr31 said:
    Random Question - anyone know good sports bars for NFL on Sunday? Ideally Jets games?
    could even settle for a Browns bar too. 
    Yes, plenty. Where are you staying? 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    estarr31 said:
    Random Question - anyone know good sports bars for NFL on Sunday? Ideally Jets games?
    Broadway Brewhouse bar is a good place
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    I’m here for work (and PJ) so I’m out near the airport. But no issue going into downtown or wherever. Just looking for a place I can watch the Jets, bonus with other fans. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    estarr31 said:
    I’m here for work (and PJ) so I’m out near the airport. But no issue going into downtown or wherever. Just looking for a place I can watch the Jets, bonus with other fans. 
    Yes, Brewhouse downtown will be good but last time I was there it was smoking (not sure if that's still a thing)

Also, downtown you have Corner Pub and has excellent TV and will have every game on tv. 

Typically the JETS bar is actually Brewhouse Cool Springs which is my NFL bar of choice. That's about a 25 min drive from the airport but dont have to fight downtown. 
    Nashville '00
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on a place to try some Nashville hot chicken? 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    Prince’s or Hattie B’s
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    Thank you so much for all of the breakfast ideas! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Never been to Bridgestone before and trying to decide between 206 F (club level) or 111 J (behind stage). Any helpful input would be appreciated! 
    That's really a preference of if you want to sit behind the stage and see what the band sees. you'll be higher up on that row as the rows go up to P in the lower bowl, but really just a preference of do you want a song sung to you during the encore lol
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Mikeypj25 said:

Prince's
  • Options
    Go to the Assembly Food Hall across the street for Prince's. No need to wait in a line at Hattie B's or anywhere for that matter. 

I'd skip both and take the super quick Uber to Peg Leg Porker in the gulch for some great wings, ribs, pimento cheese
    Nashville '00
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    CU293244 said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I apologize if this question has already been asked.  Is it helpful to have a car in Nashville.  I am staying downtown near the arena and was not sure if we needed one or if it would just be a waste of $ paying for parking for 2 days.
    Waste
    I second that. Some great areas that you could quickly Uber to if needed and don’t have to worry about driving or the cost. 
    There's also hundreds of electric scooters around. 
    I've always seen those but never used them.....so you just pick it up, swipe your card and go? What if you leave it somewhere and come back out and someone else has taken it?

googled it....might try that. Not as expensive as I thought
    There's a code you scan on the scooter. It will open an app. You enter your payment. After you're done w/ the ride, most will want you to take a photo of where you leave it. Sometimes, its kind of wonky. Like your friend will end a ride, and you'll end yours and it will say "Cant leave here" But then you move it a foot, and its fine.

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,011
    Any recommendations for all day parking? Looks like Music City Center Parking Deck behind the arena is a good option.  Just want to confirm with any locals or Nashville veterans on here. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JojoRice said:
    Any recommendations for all day parking? Looks like Music City Center Parking Deck behind the arena is a good option.  Just want to confirm with any locals or Nashville veterans on here. 
    yeah, that's probably the prime location and very close to everything. That is usually $25 I believe for special events and you pay as you enter. After the show is over though, traffic is diverted different directions and only 1 way out of MCC(depending on which exit you take), so if you don't want to get in that mess, maybe hang around or hit up a bar of something after the show to let traffic die down (Just please don't drive drunk). But yeah, plenty of parking there and right at the arena.

I always park at the Library (library sits between 6th and 7th and Church st and Commerce st. entrances on 6th (one way street) and 7th). it's $10 max per day and easy in and out. Commerce is 1 block over from Broadway and Arena is at 5th and Broadway, so only a block and a half. Church St has I-40 access so pretty much a straight shot to interstate after the show. Only bad thing about the library is it can back up after the show if you're on an upper level as it's pay as you leave. But well, that's pretty much everywhere

Edit: I should point out though, that with the MCC (Music City Center), if you get there early enough in the day, it's a normal press button for ticket parking garage. You could hit that sweet spot of getting a ticket, parking there all day, then leaving after the show when the gates are up and you've just scored free parking. It's happened to me a few times when I wasn't even going to a show downtown lol
    Post edited by ponytd on
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,011
    edited September 2022
    ponytd said:
    JojoRice said:
    yeah, that's probably the prime location and very close to everything. That is usually $25 I believe for special events and you pay as you enter. After the show is over though, traffic is diverted different directions and only 1 way out of MCC(depending on which exit you take), so if you don't want to get in that mess, maybe hang around or hit up a bar of something after the show to let traffic die down (Just please don't drive drunk). But yeah, plenty of parking there and right at the arena.

I always park at the Library (library sits between 6th and 7th and Church st and Commerce st. entrances on 6th (one way street) and 7th). it's $10 max per day and easy in and out. Commerce is 1 block over from Broadway and Arena is at 5th and Broadway, so only a block and a half. Church St has I-40 access so pretty much a straight shot to interstate after the show. Only bad thing about the library is it can back up after the show if you're on an upper level as it's pay as you leave. But well, that's pretty much everywhere

Edit: I should point out though, that with the MCC (Music City Center), if you get there early enough in the day, it's a normal press button for ticket parking garage. You could hit that sweet spot of getting a ticket, parking there all day, then leaving after the show when the gates are up and you've just scored free parking. It's happened to me a few times when I wasn't even going to a show downtown lol
    Nice!  I plan on getting there by 11:00am at the latest for the outside merch sales.  Keeping my car parked until after the show and I'll be in no hurry to leave.  My hotel is next to the Vandy football stadium. 

Thanks a bunch for the info!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    ponytd said:
    JojoRice said:

Nice!  I plan on getting there by 11:00am at the latest for the outside merch sales.  Keeping my car parked until after the show and I'll be in no hurry to leave.  My hotel is next to the Vandy football stadium. 

Thanks a bunch for the info!
    You're welcome.  If you're staying by Vandy, if you've got time, I'd go tour the Parthenon. There's a Martin's BBQ over there too on Eliston Place and Redlands Grill by J Alexanders on West End across from the Parthenon are some good places to eat. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    edited September 2022
    Edit: parking pass has been transferred. 
    Post edited by Jason7192 on
  • Options
    87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    Jason7192 said:
    Does anyone want free parking in the Pinnacle building parking garage? It's the parking add-on offered on the Ticketmaster site. I bought it before doing much research and then figured out that it can get really backed up trying to leave after the show. I need to hit the road right away afterwards & won't have time to sit in traffic waiting, so I'll be finding a different place to park. 

PM me if you want it & I'll transfer it to you. I think it just requires me to enter your email address. 
    PM Sent :)
  • Options
    I'm really going to date myself here. But who else remembers being able to park for free at the capitol building on 2nd?
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    Mikeypj25 said:
    Go to Bolton’s in east Nashville. It’s by far my favorite since og Prince’s closed.
  • Options
    Is there a pre show party anywhere? 
    I work at the west side Bearded Iris and planned to play Pearl Jam all afternoon for our all day happy hour.
  • Options
    PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 183
    I work at the west side Bearded Iris and planned to play Pearl Jam all afternoon for our all day happy hour.
    The Pre-Party is at Nashville Underground.  Play PJ and people will stay longer to drink at the Iris.
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
  • Options
    You will most likely see us there! 
  • Options
    To Nashville locals, are you familiar with Barrique Brewing?   It is right by our hotel, the Clarion.   If you are familiar what do you think?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    The best beer in town is at Bearded iris (Germantown and West side), and Smith & Lentz (East Nashville).
    Downtown is for the tourists. Hop in an Uber and come to the real parts of the city :)
  • Options
    Anyone know what the entry process is for 10C members with GA floor tickets? I've seen this handled differently at different venues.
  • Options
    eloist2 said:
    The best beer in town is at Bearded iris (Germantown and West side), and Smith & Lentz (East Nashville).
    Downtown is for the tourists. Hop in an Uber and come to the real parts of the city :)

I guess I did not consider that downtown.  It seems to be in a sort of industrial area out of the way of any downtown tourist. 
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    eloist2 said:

I guess I did not consider that downtown.  It seems to be in a sort of industrial area out of the way of any downtown tourist. 
    TBH I don't know where the Clarion is, but I've never heard of Barrique Brewing. Wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, just trying to help. Highly recommend exploring East Nashville. It's really fun and lively.
  • Options
    Just mapped it, and Bearded Iris is basically across the river from Barrique. As your lawyer, i suggest going to BOTH.
  • Options
    eloist2 said:
    I mapped it, and Bearded Iris is basically across the river from Barrique. As your lawyer, i suggest going to BOTH.
    As I am only licensed to practice in Illinois and Kentucky, I would be smart to take your advice for TN ventures.  :) 
  • Options
    Barique is excellent. They focus on open fermented sours and classic old world beer. Everything they make touches a barrel at some point.  

I work at Bearded Iris Sylvan Supply and my favorite brewery is Smith and Lentz. They have more lagers than most places. Barrique just released a ton of traditional German beers for Octoberfest if you don’t come see us, you should for sure check it out.