Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Bladamus MaximusBladamus Maximus Paris TN Posts: 277
    mpedone said:
    jms said:
    For you hockey fans Montreal is in town April 1. 

If you're not from the area, you might have to call the box office to get tickets, though (or go through a 3rd party). TM blocks non-Nashville area billing addresses. Box Office was apparently very pleasant to deal with.
    I thought this was only when the Blackhawks come to town?
    05-06-95 (EV with Mike Watt, Foo Fighters) Chicago
    07-09-95 Milwaukee
    10-07-96 Ft. Lauderdale
    06-29-98 Chicago
    09-22-98 West Palm Beach
    07-19-13 Wrigley Field
    10-14-14 Memphis
    04-26-16 Lexington
    08-20-16 (Wrigley I)
    08-22-16 (Wrigley II)
    08-18-18 (Wrigley I)
    08-20-18 (Wrigley II)
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    mpedone said:
    jms said:

If you're not from the area, you might have to call the box office to get tickets, though (or go through a 3rd party). TM blocks non-Nashville area billing addresses. Box Office was apparently very pleasant to deal with.

The box office might only take it seriously for Hawks games. They had no problem selling us New Hampshire folk tickets.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    jms said:

The box office might only take it seriously for Hawks games. They had no problem selling us New Hampshire folk tickets.

Yeah, they only do this for playoffs and select regular season games now that there are not as many single game tickets available.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Add me to the list. Found a buddy with an extra in section 119
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Do we think we will get a Hatch for the show? Does anyone have any INs at Hatch to get some info? 
    i like the sound of this
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So I’m trying to get 1 GA ticket for Nashville.  Have buddy who has me in the building in Section 107 Row J, but would love to be on the floor. If anyone has an extra, I would buy for face value and could meet you to walk in together.  He would then sell his ticket for face to someone else. Going solo, my wife staying home with the kids.  Already have room Reserved at the Renaissance next to the arena.  Will have good bourbon with me before and after the show.  Can buy some drinks at the wishlist party or wherever before the show.  I know it might seem spoiled, as am already guaranteed to be in the building, but doesn’t hurt to ask.  Thanks for any help.  Regardless, hope to see you at the show.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,354
    Anyone with Airbnb's/hotels in Nashville may want to double check the status since a tornado hit in Nashville last night, reports of 40 structures collapsed from the tornado.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Anyone with Airbnb's/hotels in Nashville may want to double check the status since a tornado hit in Nashville last night, reports of 40 structures collapsed from the tornado.
    I woke up to that sad news this morning.  Devastating.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,866
    I woke up to that sad news this morning.  Devastating.

Just saw the photos. Really devastating shit. Hoping that the first responders and safety personnel remain safe. 
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tornadoes ripped across Tennessee early Tuesday, shredding at least 40 buildings and killing at least nine people. One of the twisters caused severe damage across downtown Nashville.

Daybreak revealed a landscape littered with blown-down walls and roofs, snapped power lines and huge broken trees, leaving city streets in gridlock. Schools, courts, transit lines, an airport and the state capitol were closed, and some damaged polling stations had to be moved only hours before Super Tuesday voting began.

“Last night was a reminder about how fragile life is,” Nashville Mayor John Cooper said at a Tuesday morning news conference.

Residents of the historic Germantown neighborhood walked around in dismay as emergency crews closed off roads. Roofs had been torn off apartment buildings, large trees uprooted and debris littered many sidewalks. Walls were toppled, exposing living rooms and kitchens in damaged homes. Mangled power lines and broken trees came to rest on cars, streets and piles of rubble.

Gov. Bill Lee said the death toll grew to nine on Tuesday, with more people among the missing.

“It is heartbreaking. We have had loss of life all across the state,” Lee said. The governor ordered all non-essential state workers to stay home Tuesday before going up in a helicopter to survey the damage.

The tornadoes were spawned by a line of severe storms that caused damage across Tennessee.

It ripped through parts of the metropolitan area that have been transformed by a recent building boom. Germantown and East Nashville are two of the city’s trendiest neighborhoods, with restaurants, music venues, high-end apartment complexes and rising home prices threatening to drive out long-time residents.

One tornado touched down near downtown and reportedly stayed on the ground for about 10 miles (16 kilometers), into Nashville’s eastern suburbs, following a path parallel to Interstate 40 and causing more damage in Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, Hermitage and other communities.

“Our community has been impacted significantly,” the Mt. Juliet Police Department tweeted. Multiple homes were damaged and multiple injuries were reported, the department said. ”We continue to search for injured. Stay home if you can.”

Metro Nashville Police said crews were responding to about 40 building collapses around the city.

John C. Tune Airport, Nashville International’s sister airport in West Nashville, “sustained significant damage due to severe weather,” spokeswoman Kim Gerlock said in a statement early Tuesday morning. Several hangars have been destroyed and power lines are down, so the public should stay away until further notice, she said.

A video posted online from east Nashville showed what appeared to be a well-defined tornado moving quickly across the city, flashing with lightning as it ripped open living rooms and kitchens in damaged homes.

Among the collapsed buildings was a popular music venue that had just held an election rally for presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. The crowd left shortly before the twister struck the Basement East Nashville, the Tennessean reported.

The disaster impacted voting in Tennessee, one of 14 Super Tuesday states. Some polling sites in Nashville were moved, and sites across Davidson and county and Wilson counties were opening an hour late but still closing at the same time, Secretary of State Tre Hargett announced.

A reported gas leak forced an evacuation of the IMT building in Germantown, according to WSMV-TV. Dozens of people, suddenly homeless, were seen carrying their belongings through garbage-strewn streets after the tornado blew through.

The American Red Cross of Tennessee opened a shelter for displaced residents downtown at the Nashville Farmers Market, just north of the state capitol, but a power outage there forced people to move again to the Centennial Sportsplex, the Tennessean reported.

The outage also extended to the capitol building, forcing the cancellation of legislative meetings.

Nashville Electric tweeted that four of its substations were damaged in the tornado. Power outages as of 4 a.m. were affecting more than 44,000 customers, the utility company said.

Metro Nashville Public Schools said its schools would be closed Tuesday because of the tornado damage. Wilson County, just east of metro Nashville will close schools for the rest of the week.

The storm system left just scattered rain in its wake as it moved eastward, with a line of storms stretching from near Montgomery, Alabama into western Pennsylvania. Strong cells capable of causing damage were spotted in central Alabama, eastern Tennessee and the western Carolinas.

Early morning storms also damaged homes and toppled trees in rural central Alabama, where the National Weather Service reported winds up to 60 mph (97 kmh) and issued tornado warnings for at least five counties.

In rural Bibb County southwest of Birmingham, seven poll workers were getting ready to open the doors to Super Tuesday voters at the Lawley Senior Activity Center when cellphone alerts began going off with a tornado warning about 6:45 a.m., said volunteer Gwen Thompson.

“Our children were calling too, telling us, ‘Get in the bathroom!’” she said. “We all got in the bathroom and we’re OK, but lots of trees are down.”

The storm knocked out electricity, Thompson said, but the precinct’s two electronic voting machines had battery backups and a few people had cast ballots less than an hour later.

“We’ve been voting by flashlight,” Thompson said.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    My sister works in property management there. Can confirm hotels & airbnb's have been affected.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,354
    It really is terrible
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Yeah, if you booked a place in East Nashville, there's a good chance it's damaged. 
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 219
    Have not heard about any issues with hotels. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    ponytd said:
    Yeah, if you booked a place in East Nashville, there's a good chance it's damaged. 
    Yep, really bad
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    I'm watching my local news. Death toll is currently 25 people. 
  • Options
    InBetweenIsMneInBetweenIsMne Posts: 423
    edited March 2020
    joseph33 said:
    Oh man,

This is horrible news! Obviously was excited to travel there for my first time in Nashville for the show, but now feel awful about what happened. 

Knowing the band and their history of philanthropy, hoping they will set the tone for donating and helping the displaced families in need. With all of us coming into town, we can really help make a difference. 

• Options
    joseph33 said:
    Oh man,

This is horrible news! Obviously was excited to travel there for my first time in Nashville for the show, but now feel awful about what happened. 

Knowing the band and their history of philanthropy, hoping they will set the tone for donating and helping the displaced families in need. With all of us coming into town, we can really help make a difference. 

Agreed. I think with all of us folks traveling into Nashville would most certainly help stimulate things for the city. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2020
    Hopefully Wishlist party will have a hand in helping with the tornado relief. 
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    This. 
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    JojoRice said:
    Yes!  Good thought.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Someone posted in a FB group that The Clarion hotel supposedly had significant damage. Said phone lines are down so he’s not been able to call and check reservation status. 
  • Options
    Someone posted in a FB group that The Clarion hotel supposedly had significant damage. Said phone lines are down so he’s not been able to call and check reservation status. 
    the Clarion hotel Stadium downtown? yeah, it was pretty much right in the path of the tornado. probably needs to find another place
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    JojoRice said:

• Options
    joseph33 said:
    Oh man,

It is sad. Somewhat luckily it hit late at night with not as many people out and schools out. There were a few schools that were damaged badly, one was obliterated pretty much. Don't want to think of the casualties if school had been in. 

But we'll rebuild. It's what we do when something bad happens to our town. We help our neighbors and come together. It's awesome to see everyone coming together to help those who have been affected and the outpouring of support of those around the country. It's not our first time dealing with a big disaster, and it probably won't be the last. The 98 tornadoes, the 2010 flood and now this. But it makes me proud to see this city time and again rise up when bad things happen and take care of one another. But isn't that what we're supposed to do as human beings?

Luckily the Broadway area and immediate downtown area wasn't really affected, but I know lots of homes destroyed or affected areas that many of you may have booked so hopefully you can find a new place pretty easily. If you need info or help with an area, feel free to hit me up and I'll do my best to give you good advice.  We'll be ready when PJ rolls into town to show everyone a good time and only 29 days away!!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    Please play Inside Job :bow:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    KGSmith34KGSmith34 Posts: 19
    Which section would be better, section 222 row A or 108 row R? I like being closer but row R is the last row in section 108 & side/corner viewing. 222 is first row straight ahead but further back.
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 219
    I would take 222 since it is front row. 
  • Options
    KGSmith34KGSmith34 Posts: 19
    Thanks for the advice. I was 50/50 but was leaning that way. I'm going to be listing the sec 108 at 12:30 CST
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    edited March 2020
    Anyone know how section 107 is overall? Looks like part of the section may have a great view, but not all of it. 
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on