Options

Oakland Roll Call 2020

Comments

• Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Put in for both nights :-). Short drive from my house, I’m so excited!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    rummy said:
    I’m in (I think). Flying in. Still debating whether to stay in SF or Oakland.
    I just figured Oakland would be less hassle.  We aren't too far from the arena but probably don't want to walk there :)
    I stay at La quinta and walk there....it isn't that big a deal after a show
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    I want to stay in Oakland but my wife (who's really just tagging along) wants to stay in San Fran.
    Take a wild guess at where I'll end staying? 
    BART it is!
  • Options
    JM18725JM18725 Posts: 46
    I put in my request for both days.  Unfortunately it won't be as convenient as the 2013 show when I lived in Castro Valley.  Instead I'll make a weekend trip out of it, driving down from Sacramento.  Might try to catch the A's/ Mariners Game too. Wouldn't it be awesome if Mike rocked the National Anthem?
    already in love
  • Options
    vwphibsvwphibs Bay Area Posts: 20
    I put in for both shows and live about 25min away. Super stoked!  
    2016- Wrigley 1
    2018- Seattle 1 & 2
    2022- LA 2
    2022- Oakland 1 & 2
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    A's game and PJ is perfect day / night double header
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    JM18725 said:
    I put in my request for both days.  Unfortunately it won't be as convenient as the 2013 show when I lived in Castro Valley.  Instead I'll make a weekend trip out of it, driving down from Sacramento.  Might try to catch the A's/ Mariners Game too. Wouldn't it be awesome if Mike rocked the National Anthem?
    Holy shit balls!  Ummm, tailgate anyone?!?!?  Serious question.  Sunday tailgate, game, show!

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    Locals, bring your cars/bbqs. Everybody bring your own meat/veggies/beer. We'll bring our ping pong and corn hole!  A's, Pearl Jam, Coliseum tailgate is the most perfect Oakland day ever!!!!  Please excuse my over excitement but I am totally freaking out

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    JM18725 said:
    I was thinking the same thing about a McCready anthem, but then I thought why would the A's ask a Seattle guy to do the anthem? lol

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    edited January 2020
    I doubt BART is going to run special late night trains for a Pearl Jam concert. ;) BART is generally fine, but it has been getting worse and worse over the last ten years. The area around the arena is a bit of a no man's land. I don't know how close this Radisson is, but if it's not far, walking with a group should be fine. No need to be afraid of Oakland. I lived there for many years and most of the shit talk is just that. It is a beautiful city and I would much rather live there than SF, where I also lived for years. I would still live there if all the people fleeing the City didn't start buying up all the houses. We wanted a bigger place, so we bought in Vallejo.
    Like someone else said, a Lyft ride isn't that bad if you need to go back to the City. I took one from SF to our old house that was five minutes from Oracle and it was only about 30-40 bucks. BART would be great if the show ends before last train. Keep in mind it's a little bit of a walk from Oracle to the station, maybe about 15 minutes brisk walk. Not bad, but keep it in mind. Make sure you have roundtrip fare already on your Clipper card.
    The BART Sunday schedule is awful now. 24 minutes between each train.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    rummy said:
    I’m in (I think). Flying in. Still debating whether to stay in SF or Oakland.
    I just figured Oakland would be less hassle.  We aren't too far from the arena but probably don't want to walk there :)
    I stay at La quinta and walk there....it isn't that big a deal after a show
    yeah it's probably like Chicago around United Centre....not the greatest area but with a few thousand people leaving the area at the same time it's ok
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JM18725 said:
    I was thinking the same thing about a McCready anthem, but then I thought why would the A's ask a Seattle guy to do the anthem? lol

maybe no anthem but I would be surprised if PJ didn't attend the game

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    JM18725 said:

Mike played the anthem at an Angel's game in Summer 2011.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    JM18725 said:

Because it’s Mike Fucking McCready!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    JM18725 said:
    Also attending (hopefully) both shows in Oakland....
    Thinking Saturday night show...stay in Oakland...Sunday baseball and Sunday night show....
    Tailgating would be the best...
  • Options
    Locals, bring your cars/bbqs. Everybody bring your own meat/veggies/beer. We'll bring our ping pong and corn hole!  A's, Pearl Jam, Coliseum tailgate is the most perfect Oakland day ever!!!!  Please excuse my over excitement but I am totally freaking out
    I am in love with the enthusiasm....what an amazing slice of humanity this could be.  The only commonality is a love for Pearl Jam and tailgate food....this is going to be awesome....
  • Options
    Current % chance for Oakland are

18th: 37% GA 99% Res
    19th: 47% GA 99% Res

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Pearl Jam tailgating. Legal weed in Oakland. Two nights of PJ and 420 in San Fran. Best 3 days ever. Bring on the ticket awards!!!🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam tailgating. Legal weed in Oakland. Two nights of PJ and 420 in San Fran. Best 3 days ever. Bring on the ticket awards!!!🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    yep....looking forward to it

I'm going to get stoned and tour Alcatraz

• Options
    I am in love with the enthusiasm....what an amazing slice of humanity this could be.  The only commonality is a love for Pearl Jam and tailgate food....this is going to be awesome....
    I’ll be at the coliseum all weekend! My 2 favorite things (next to my family) are the A’s and Pearl Jam....and they’ll l become one that weekend. Happy tears!

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Options
    A's game sounds fun

We were thinking about hitting 420 day on Monday and then heading up to Napa Valley on Tues.  Probably screw around in SF for a day and then fly to Vegas to get my fix.....could drive to Vegas but it looks like flights are like $50

• Options
    Sonoma has some great wineries too and much cheaper than Napa!

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    JM18725 said:
    Holy shit balls!  Ummm, tailgate anyone?!?!?  Serious question.  Sunday tailgate, game, show!
    In for tailgate and A's on Sunday!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    Cropduster2020Cropduster2020 SF Bay Area Posts: 20
    Dual event parking at the Coliseum is usually $40-$60 per car. Will be riding my bike from Alameda! 
    Mountain View, California (July 19, 1992), Mountain View, California (November 01, 1992), Mountain View, California (October 02, 1994), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 20, 1996), Santa Cruz, California (November 12, 1997), Oakland, California (November 14, 1997), Oakland, California (November 15, 1997), Oakland, California (November 18, 1997), Sacramento, California (July 16, 1998), Portland, Oregon (July 18, 1998), Mountain View, California (October 31, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Seattle 1 (August 08, 2018), Seattle 2 (August 10, 2018), Ohana 1 (September 26, 2021), Ohana 2 (October 1, 2021), Ohana 3 (October 2, 2021) The Apollo (September 10, 2022), MSG (September 11, 2022). 
  • Options
    WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 208
    edited January 2020
    I agree on the wineries, though Livermore actually has a few good ones and is kind of closer for those from out of town staying in Oakland.
    (And you have a very trippy show history, seeing them at BSB in '94 and then not again until a couple years ago! Probably the longest gap for anyone on this forum...;)
  • Options
    I agree on the wineries, though Livermore actually has a few good ones and is kind of closer for those from out of town staying in Oakland.
    (And you have a very trippy show history, seeing them at BSB in '94 and then not again until a couple years ago! Probably the longest gap for anyone on this forum...;)
    I agree about Livermore! And yes much closer to Oakland, love concannon 

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Options
    BrandenBranden Nevada Posts: 226
    And don't forget that Saturday is Record Store Day, as well...
    The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
    Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
    Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
    1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
    1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
    2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
    2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
    2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
    2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    Branden said:

Branden said:
    shiiiiiiiittttt.....
  • Options
    any recommended wineries to visit?  thanks!

• Options
    Branden said:
    good call....