MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:
    Has there been clarity around when we'll get results? I know it said by Sunday night.  But is it possible people start finding out tomorrow?  Or is just Sunday?
    Throughout the 4 days they said.
    My best guess is they will do it show-by-show, in order.
    That's my guess as well, and if that's right and they're evenly distributed, it will go:

Thursday: Canadian shows
    Friday: Northeast shows, Nashville & St. Louis
    Saturday: OKC, Denver, Phoenix, SD
    Sunday: Remaining CA shows
    I read in one of the FAQs that confirms the drawing is going show-by-show, so it's logical to think they'd do that in chronological order of the tour dates and then notify everyone once all the entries for that show have been considered. The waiting is going to suck unless the odds remain at or near 99%.
    Yes - we know they're drawing "show by show" (not sure what other way you would do it), but we're only guessing that (1) they'll be drawn in chrono order rather than some other order and (2) the drawings will be evenly distributed over the four days (maybe there will be more done Thursday and Friday than over the weekend, maybe they feel like they can do 5 per day so everything other than the last show will be done by Saturday, etc.). 

And I can tell you from experience that the waiting sucks even when the odds are at or near 99%.
    "Not sure what other way you would do it"....
    I don't know how they're going to do it, but person-by-person would be more of a genuine lottery. 
    So they'd randomly select a person, give them everything they requested, then move on to the next person until the tickets are gone? Not sure how the "rank your show choices" system would work if you're NOT drawing show by show.
    Because they would draw by person, you get the top ranked choice that's available and then they put you back in the pool for the next round. You get drawn again and if there are shows available with your choices remaining you get the next one, put back in the lottery pool, etc...
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:
    Has there been clarity around when we'll get results? I know it said by Sunday night.  But is it possible people start finding out tomorrow?  Or is just Sunday?
    That's my guess as well, and if that's right and they're evenly distributed, it will go:

I read in one of the FAQs that confirms the drawing is going show-by-show, so it's logical to think they'd do that in chronological order of the tour dates and then notify everyone once all the entries for that show have been considered. The waiting is going to suck unless the odds remain at or near 99%.
    Yes - we know they're drawing "show by show" (not sure what other way you would do it), but we're only guessing that (1) they'll be drawn in chrono order rather than some other order and (2) the drawings will be evenly distributed over the four days (maybe there will be more done Thursday and Friday than over the weekend, maybe they feel like they can do 5 per day so everything other than the last show will be done by Saturday, etc.). 

And I can tell you from experience that the waiting sucks even when the odds are at or near 99%.
    I don't know how they're going to do it, but person-by-person would be more of a genuine lottery. 
    So they'd randomly select a person, give them everything they requested, then move on to the next person until the tickets are gone? Not sure how the "rank your show choices" system would work if you're NOT drawing show by show.
    No, they'd randomly select a person and give them whatever their top priority still available is. They're then kicked to the back of the line until everyone has received one set of tickets. 
    Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems the simplest algorithm. It's basically drawing all the numbers, putting them on a list, then going through the list top to bottom (repeatedly) until all the tickets are exhausted or all the orders are filled. 
    FYI: this makes "rank your show choices" work as an actual ranking (your preference) rather than some elaborate game as many here seem to treat it. 
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105

If you have 2 members and are after the 2 most desired shows WHY NOT use her membership and both put in NY first for one and Balt first for the other person?? 
    This Fan to Fan sale would EASILY let you sell your pair of extras
    Yeah, I am leaning towards that right now.  When it was 99% for reserved, I thought I would be OK.  But I guess I was just hoping it would stay 99%.
    I bought the second membership to make sure I get tickets when I was shut out of NYC last time they toured (did get the two Philly shows though)

Where do we find out the odds?
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    Is this right?  'GA only' requests are filled before 'best available' requests?  So they fill all of "GA only" requests, and then give remaining GA tickets, if available, to the "best available" folks...
    No, they are drawing entries at random. They start with priority 1 entries, then if any tickets are left over they move on to priority 2 entries, and so on until all tickets are gone (or all entries are selected). 

When you are selected, they check what you enters for, if GA only, if there are GA tickets left, you get them, if not, you don't get any tickets. If Best Available, you get GA if they are available, otherwise Reserved. 
  • Options

PJNB said:

Other people have stated that they've heard directly from 10C that they are drawing person-by-person and not show-by-show. Person-by-person makes more sense for a fair lottery system, so I hope they're doing that. 
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

Because they would draw by person, you get the top ranked choice that's available and then they put you back in the pool for the next round. You get drawn again and if there are shows available with your choices remaining you get the next one, put back in the lottery pool, etc...
    This, basically. It literally never occurred to me they'd do it any differently until I saw some of the posts here. It seems the simplest/fairest, but that doesn't mean they'll do it that way. Shrug. 
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    Quick question - do they still do the lottery for reserved tickets where you can get 1st/2nd or 9th/10th row, regardless of #?
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    Mozzy said:

PJNB said:

Other people have stated that they've heard directly from 10C that they are drawing person-by-person and not show-by-show. Person-by-person makes more sense for a fair lottery system, so I hope they're doing that. 
    That makes no sense. How would person by person work? 

Doing show by show is fair as it takes priority 1 first, and so on. They have clearly stated they'll be going show by show.
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    Is this right?  'GA only' requests are filled before 'best available' requests?  So they fill all of "GA only" requests, and then give remaining GA tickets, if available, to the "best available" folks...
    No, they are drawing entries at random. They start with priority 1 entries, then if any tickets are left over they move on to priority 2 entries, and so on until all tickets are gone (or all entries are selected). 

When you are selected, they check what you enters for, if GA only, if there are GA tickets left, you get them, if not, you don't get any tickets. If Best Available, you get GA if they are available, otherwise Reserved. 
    Do you have any confirmation that "they start with priority 1 entries, then if any tickets are left over they move on to priority 2..."? That seems an odd choice [see my other post]. 
  • Options
    Mozzy said:

PJNB said:

Doing show by show is fair as it takes priority 1 first, and so on. They have clearly stated they'll be going show by show.
    Have to cordially disagree. What you describe is precisely what turns this into a guessing game. You may be right that they're doing things this way (and your point that they are notifying us show by show is well taken), but I don't think it's fairer or simpler. 
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:
    MSG at 13/74. Do you think NYC Reserved as a 2nd choice will strike me out?
    what's your first choice?
    Buddy and I are thinking Baltimore GA as 1st choice. It’s the only show we have in common.  It’s at 19% atm... I’m just concerned I’ll strike out in both if I go Baltimore GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. 

You do cities as priorities not sections for those cities. 
    So I'm sorry if I'm being slow. I guess I'm getting old.
    In the "old" system", I would have done
    1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

In this new system, if I were to put best available for both shows, it would look something like this:
    1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

My concern is that if I put best available for Baltimore and don't get GA, I would get my "second choice" (by default) which is Baltimore Reserved. Let's say that someone has Quebec GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. Would he/she/they have better odds than me to get NYC reserved?

I'm sorry if I'm making it more complicated than it is. Thank you. 
    No, it would be
    1. Baltimore Best Available
    2. NYC Best Available

If you are selected, they will check to see if there are GA tickets left, if so you get them, otherwise you get Reserved
    I feel like you're both saying the same thing
    Can you elaborate please? 
    The reason I think you're saying the same thing is that 10C has told people they draw the lottery person by person from the lottery pool which would imply that if your name is drawn they go to your first choice that is available. So you if you have Baltimore GA ranked as your first choice and it is available, you get that. If your first choice is not available, they go to your second choice which would be Baltimore Reserved. If that's not available, they move down the list. People have won the lottery for 3rd or 4th choices which were lower odds and earlier shows than their 1st or 2nd choices which they lost, so it would seem to confirm that 10C goes by person-to-person rather than show by show. They have also stated that they consider GA to be best available over reserved seats.

So putting 1) Baltimore Best available would be no different than having 1) Baltimore GA and 2) Baltimore Best Available 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:

PJNB said:

Have to cordially disagree. What you describe is precisely what turns this into a guessing game. You may be right that they're doing things this way (and your point that they are notifying us show by show is well taken), but I don't think it's fairer or simpler. 

How would picking random people regardless of show be fairer? So if I get picked and get my first choice, and then get picked again before you get picked, I now get my 2nd choice (even if you have the same city as choice 1)?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:

PJNB said:

Should have added, you can see my post for how person-by-person would work. It's very simple, really. Just imagine a randomized spreadsheet. You go row-by-row assigning tickets to each person (whatever the best tickets are that they've requested) until you reach the bottom; then you start again. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:

PJNB said:

How would picking random people regardless of show be fairer? So if I get picked and get my first choice, and then get picked again before you get picked, I now get my 2nd choice (even if you have the same city as choice 1)?
    Not what I'm describing at all. I'm not suggesting you go back into a pool; I'm simply suggesting they randomize once. Thus, there would be no way for one person to be chosen twice before you're chosen once. 
  • Options

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,003
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

No, they'd randomly select a person and give them whatever their top priority still available is. They're then kicked to the back of the line until everyone has received one set of tickets. 
    Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems the simplest algorithm. It's basically drawing all the numbers, putting them on a list, then going through the list top to bottom (repeatedly) until all the tickets are exhausted or all the orders are filled. 
    FYI: this makes "rank your show choices" work as an actual ranking (your preference) rather than some elaborate game as many here seem to treat it. 
    If I'm following you, I think the problem with this is that you would have people who ranked a show #2 potentially getting it in front of people who ranked it #1, right? Imagine that an overwhelming number of entries rank MSG first/Baltimore second. Once the MSG tickets are gone, when they pull another one of those entries out of the pile they'd award them Baltimore tickets, despite the fact that it's the second choice and there are people left in the pool who ranked it first, right? Doesn't seem like it works.

(And it would still be an elaborate game, just a different one).
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Ray J. T. said:
    Renfield said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

“Email confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 4 days, beginning Thursday, January 16th.”

If I am reading this correctly, it would mean that you could possibly be notified before Sunday the 19th. I thought I had read somewhere that we would receive the notifications on Sunday. 
    So if you put in for 'best available' and get tickets, I assume the email confirmation will tell you if you got GA or reserved seating.  If not, wait until the week of January 27th?
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    What's up with the LA odds? Not a high demand show? Not as many 10Cers out west? Me and a buddy are thinking of heading out there but just curious. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

If I'm following you, I think the problem with this is that you would have people who ranked a show #2 potentially getting it in front of people who ranked it #1, right? Imagine that an overwhelming number of entries rank MSG first/Baltimore second. Once the MSG tickets are gone, when they pull another one of those entries out of the pile they'd award them Baltimore tickets, despite the fact that it's the second choice and there are people left in the pool who ranked it first, right? Doesn't seem like it works.

Yes, you're exactly right, which is what makes it more like an actual lottery: you're simply waiting for your number to be drawn. When your number is drawn, you get tickets. I suppose it's a different game, but that game is....a lottery!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

Yes, you're exactly right, which is what makes it more like an actual lottery: you're simply waiting for your number to be drawn. When your number is drawn, you get tickets. I suppose it's a different game, but that game is....a lottery!!
    They aren't, BTW, trying to evaluate how much you REALLY want to see a show with these rankings; the rankings simply exist so they know which tickets to give any individual first (according to my theory, which might not be how they do things at all). 
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Can I use the same ticketmaster account for 2 Ten Club memberships?  Or do I need to use 2 different Ticketmaster accounts?
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:
    Buddy and I are thinking Baltimore GA as 1st choice. It’s the only show we have in common.  It’s at 19% atm... I’m just concerned I’ll strike out in both if I go Baltimore GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. 

1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

In this new system, if I were to put best available for both shows, it would look something like this:
    1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

My concern is that if I put best available for Baltimore and don't get GA, I would get my "second choice" (by default) which is Baltimore Reserved. Let's say that someone has Quebec GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. Would he/she/they have better odds than me to get NYC reserved?

No, it would be
    2. NYC Best Available

If you are selected, they will check to see if there are GA tickets left, if so you get them, otherwise you get Reserved
    The reason I think you're saying the same thing is that 10C has told people they draw the lottery person by person from the lottery pool which would imply that if your name is drawn they go to your first choice that is available. So you if you have Baltimore GA ranked as your first choice and it is available, you get that. If your first choice is not available, they go to your second choice which would be Baltimore Reserved. If that's not available, they move down the list. People have won the lottery for 3rd or 4th choices which were lower odds and earlier shows than their 1st or 2nd choices which they lost, so it would seem to confirm that 10C goes by person-to-person rather than show by show. They have also stated that they consider GA to be best available over reserved seats.

So putting 1) Baltimore Best available would be no different than having 1) Baltimore GA and 2) Baltimore Best Available 
    If this is what happens then when they get to one of your priorities that has tickets available (whether its first, second, etc.), then I assume they allot you that show throw you back in the random selection pool again? 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,058
    GR280729 said:
    Can I use the same ticketmaster account for 2 Ten Club memberships?  Or do I need to use 2 different Ticketmaster accounts?
    Good question.  Id be interested to know this as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    GR280729 said:
    I wouldn't risk it, especially since the name on the TM account is supposed to match the name on the Ten Club account
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

They aren't, BTW, trying to evaluate how much you REALLY want to see a show with these rankings; the rankings simply exist so they know which tickets to give any individual first (according to my theory, which might not be how they do things at all). 
    I really don't think it will be drawn this way, pretty sure it will be show by show.
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:

1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

No, it would be
    2. NYC Best Available

So having Baltimore GA or Baltimore Best Available as a 1st priority won't impact my odds of getting NYC as a 2nd priority?
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    So what are the most recent odds and when were they posted?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Odds updating now (8:10am PST)

Baltimore: 16/74
    MSG: 11/66
    Nashville: 24/99
    StL: 25/99
    OKC: 77/99
    DEN: 27/99
    PHX: 44/99
    SD: 42/99
    LA1: 35/99
    LA2: 32/99
    OAK1: 37/99
    OAK2: 47/99
    Post edited by Mozzy on
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    tdawe said:
    Jason7192 said:
    tdawe said:
    Swordo said:
    PJNB said:

I really don't think it will be drawn this way, pretty sure it will be show by show.
    Could you describe how you picture that working? I've tried to do that for my vision of things, and I'm genuinely curious about the ramifications of drawing show-by-show, especially as it relates to others' theories on ranking. I imagine a person who has Baltimore first and gets unlucky. They have MSG second, so they're screwed. They have Nashville third, but now everyone with Nashville 1 or 2 is ahead of them? Apologies if I'm misunderstanding. 
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    Odds updating now (8:10am PST)

Baltimore: 16/74
    MSG: 11/66
    Nashville: 28/99
    StL: 25/99
    OKC: 77/99
    DEN: 27/99
    PHX: 44/99
    SD: 42/99