Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    ritg19 said:
    Is this right?  'GA only' requests are filled before 'best available' requests?  So they fill all of "GA only" requests, and then give remaining GA tickets, if available, to the "best available" folks...
    No.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I know there are people who put MSG as like...their 6th choice as a "What the hell, i probably wont get it, but lets give it a shot"...for GA.  That is messing with the odds. 
    Which is why odds should be for 1st priority only. Otherwise they are largely meaningless. 
    Yeah, it would be good to know your 1st priority is safe.  

That said...you can KINDA figure out a bit...if the odds are like...11%, if you put that in as your 5th choice, its probably not going to happen.  
    Yeah, it’s just weird that they would give these exact percentages (e.g. 37%) when those numbers aren’t even close to true. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    Mozzy said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:
    MSG at 13/74. Do you think NYC Reserved as a 2nd choice will strike me out?
    what's your first choice?
    Buddy and I are thinking Baltimore GA as 1st choice. It’s the only show we have in common.  It’s at 19% atm... I’m just concerned I’ll strike out in both if I go Baltimore GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. 

You do cities as priorities not sections for those cities. 
    So I'm sorry if I'm being slow. I guess I'm getting old.
    In the "old" system", I would have done
    1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

In this new system, if I were to put best available for both shows, it would look something like this:
    1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

My concern is that if I put best available for Baltimore and don't get GA, I would get my "second choice" (by default) which is Baltimore Reserved. Let's say that someone has Quebec GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. Would he/she/they have better odds than me to get NYC reserved?

I'm sorry if I'm making it more complicated than it is. Thank you. 
    No, it would be
    1. Baltimore Best Available
    2. NYC Best Available

If you are selected, they will check to see if there are GA tickets left, if so you get them, otherwise you get Reserved
    I feel like you're both saying the same thing
    Can you elaborate please? 
    The reason I think you're saying the same thing is that 10C has told people they draw the lottery person by person from the lottery pool which would imply that if your name is drawn they go to your first choice that is available. So you if you have Baltimore GA ranked as your first choice and it is available, you get that. If your first choice is not available, they go to your second choice which would be Baltimore Reserved. If that's not available, they move down the list. People have won the lottery for 3rd or 4th choices which were lower odds and earlier shows than their 1st or 2nd choices which they lost, so it would seem to confirm that 10C goes by person-to-person rather than show by show. They have also stated that they consider GA to be best available over reserved seats.

So putting 1) Baltimore Best available would be no different than having 1) Baltimore GA and 2) Baltimore Best Available 

A lot of confusing replies to this. I believe they are picking round by round. If you put NY GA as your first round pick (let's say those odds drop to 5%) there is a 95% chance you are not getting US tickets east of the mississippi.

"During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority"

If you really could see any show, picking  NY first runs the risk of eliminating any chance at GA for every show.
    Where did you find that quoted language?

It sorta looks like an older page but it says 2020 at top and "updated monday 13:05"

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing?mobile_site=true
    Fascinating. Thank you. Even if it doesn't apply to this tour, it does explain why so many people stress about the rankings, etc. It never occurred to me they'd do it that way until I saw posts here. Definitely makes me reconsider my own rankings. 
    Yeah, seems like a crummy/less fair way to run it because it reduces people chances of getting multiple shows and particularly if you live in NYC or other difficult to get shows. And would make it seem nearly impossible to get more than one show of GA tix. If you rank any of the GA options that are less than 50% below 1st choice (say MSG), you have a very limited chance of getting anything lower on your list because it'll be your 2nd or 3rd choice and all the GA tix will have gone to people who ranked it 1st choice. Now you've missed out on your 1st choice of MSG and it's virtually impossible to get anything below 1st choice for GA seats. That's a bummer, but with the reserved seats so high, I guess it's less painful. Seems like going round-by-round makes much more sense and is more fair, overall. 
    Only if you're looking at trying to do multiple high-demand shows. If you want to follow them for a few stops in Europe or lower-tier US cities it makes a lot more sense.
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    BV84003 said:
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:
    Buddy and I are thinking Baltimore GA as 1st choice. It’s the only show we have in common.  It’s at 19% atm... I’m just concerned I’ll strike out in both if I go Baltimore GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. 

1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

In this new system, if I were to put best available for both shows, it would look something like this:
    1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

My concern is that if I put best available for Baltimore and don't get GA, I would get my "second choice" (by default) which is Baltimore Reserved. Let's say that someone has Quebec GA as option 1 and NYC Reserved option 2. Would he/she/they have better odds than me to get NYC reserved?

No, it would be
    2. NYC Best Available

If you are selected, they will check to see if there are GA tickets left, if so you get them, otherwise you get Reserved
    The reason I think you're saying the same thing is that 10C has told people they draw the lottery person by person from the lottery pool which would imply that if your name is drawn they go to your first choice that is available. So you if you have Baltimore GA ranked as your first choice and it is available, you get that. If your first choice is not available, they go to your second choice which would be Baltimore Reserved. If that's not available, they move down the list. People have won the lottery for 3rd or 4th choices which were lower odds and earlier shows than their 1st or 2nd choices which they lost, so it would seem to confirm that 10C goes by person-to-person rather than show by show. They have also stated that they consider GA to be best available over reserved seats.

So putting 1) Baltimore Best available would be no different than having 1) Baltimore GA and 2) Baltimore Best Available 

A lot of confusing replies to this. I believe they are picking round by round. If you put NY GA as your first round pick (let's say those odds drop to 5%) there is a 95% chance you are not getting US tickets east of the mississippi.

"During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority"

If you really could see any show, picking  NY first runs the risk of eliminating any chance at GA for every show.

It sorta looks like an older page but it says 2020 at top and "updated monday 13:05"

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing?mobile_site=true
    That's definitely old info from a 10C run lottery.
    Ticketmaster is running this one.
    Old info or not, the email from TM/10c/whomever for this tour specifically states that logic and rules will be the same for this as they have always been for previous ten club lotteries, so it's still valid.
    Your Request Summary

Please note: odds reflect the odds at the time of your request. These odds will change over time until the Ticket Request period has closed. Ten Club and Ticketmaster are working closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process remains the same as in years past; these odds follow the same logic and rules that have always governed Ten Club ticketing.

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,504
    If a GA is your first choice your odds are actually higher for your first choice show....
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    I'm just wondering what the Verified Presale is gonna realistically be like for those that don't hit the MSG lotto.

I have always landed seats for those things when I won that lotto in the past.   

The general sale is going to be 100% pointless and the fan-to-fan marketplace for that show is gonna be a joke.

IF anyone posts their seats they will sell in .0003 seconds.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited January 2020
    Lostpawn said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I know there are people who put MSG as like...their 6th choice as a "What the hell, i probably wont get it, but lets give it a shot"...for GA.  That is messing with the odds. 
    Which is why odds should be for 1st priority only. Otherwise they are largely meaningless. 
    Well, we could try to roughly figure them out via a poll, but that would be rough at best (As everyone who entered would have to participate).
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:

1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

No, it would be
    2. NYC Best Available

It does say 2020-

"Pre-sale Drawing
    Tickets
    Monday at 13:05

Pearl Jam 2020 North America Tour"

I'd think if they were changing such a significant part of the draw, they'd state just that.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,641
    what time does it end? i forget.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    I did have the 2nd NY show in 2016 as my 1st priority (reserved) and won.  The odds were 19% . So there is hope!!
  • Options
    oo712 said:
    So the percentage is only the percent of your first pick? Like if oakland is 46/99. I have a 46% chance of getting the floor if its my first choice? If its my second choice it's basically impossible to get the floor?
    No, the % is based upon every person's entry for that show regardless of what priority they gave it.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Just before midnight tonight, Pacific Time.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
  • Options
    jefft said:
    From what I've read over the years what you put in priority 1 has always been the most important factor. 

The way this leg shaped up its rough reading so many say "hey im from Antarctica maybe I'll throw in a chance for MSG "

If fans want a decent chance to see this band and dont live anywhere near MSG, that should be the last show they consider for this lottery. Especially GA. Especially this tour with so few shows in the east.
    Why would you put them last if you want to travel?
    There are very few shows here. If you're not from the east, seems to me fans can have a once in a lifetime escape from the cold Cali / AZ vacation with many PJ shows.

Or take freezing cold MSG with very low odds and seats likely much worse than every other show.
  • Options
    From what I've read over the years what you put in priority 1 has always been the most important factor. 

The way this leg shaped up its rough reading so many say "hey im from Antarctica maybe I'll throw in a chance for MSG "

If fans want a decent chance to see this band and dont live anywhere near MSG, that should be the last show they consider for this lottery. Especially GA. Especially this tour with so few shows in the east.
    All a matter of preference, but I agree.  If you want to see ANY show - choose pretty much any of the other shows outside of MSG.  If seeing PJ at MSG has been a dream show, good luck!
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,644
    ComeToTX said:
    14 hours and 40 minutes.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    I'm just wondering what the Verified Presale is gonna realistically be like for those that don't hit the MSG lotto.

I have always landed seats for those things when I won that lotto in the past.   

The general sale is going to be 100% pointless and the fan-to-fan marketplace for that show is gonna be a joke.

IF anyone posts their seats they will sell in .0003 seconds.
    Definitely for the 2 east shows

"We're sorry but a higher skilled more nimble fan has already snatched these juicy tickets"
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    Odds updating now (8:10am PST)

Baltimore: 16/74
    MSG: 11/66
    Nashville: 28/99
    StL: 25/99
    OKC: 77/99
    DEN: 27/99
    PHX: 44/99
    SD: 42/99
    LA1: 35/99
    LA2: 32/99
    OAK1: 37/99
    OAK2: 47/99
    So overnight changes in odds: 

Baltimore: 19 to 16 / 85 to 74
    MSG: 13 to 11 / 74 to 66
    Nashville: 28 to 24 / 99
    STL: 28 to 25 / 99
    OKC: 92 to 77 / 99
    Denver: 32 to 27 /99
    PHX: 51 to 44 / 99
    SD: 49 to 42 / 99
    LA1: 37 to 35 / 99
    LA2: 39 to 32 / 99
    OAK1: 43 to 37 / 99
    OAK2: 55 to 47 /99

Bump
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    edited January 2020
    oo712 said:
    So the percentage is only the percent of your first pick? Like if oakland is 46/99. I have a 46% chance of getting the floor if its my first choice? If its my second choice it's basically impossible to get the floor?
    No, the % is based upon every person's entry for that show regardless of what priority they gave it.
    I still find it very hard to believe.  It makes the percentages meaningless, and they are using exact numbers. It would imply that for every selection that is at 99, I would get in even if it was my 10th priority. It also skews numbers down significantly for popular selections. I don’t get why they would do that. 

Edit: I’m sorry I’m beating a dead horse, I’ll stop. I have a logical mind and decent knowledge of statistical mathematics, and this kind of inaccuracy (in the math, not you guys!) bothers me. I’ll quit. 😀
    Post edited by Lostpawn on
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:

Bump
    Good info, thank you @Mozzy
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,017
    Lostpawn said:
    oo712 said:
    I still find it very hard to believe.  It makes the percentages meaningless, and they are using exact numbers. It would imply that for every selection that is at 99, I would get in even if it was my 10th priority. It also skews numbers down significantly for popular selections. I don’t get why they would do that. 
    It is just a guide on how popular a show is nothing else. You are right with what you are saying about the 99%. 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    kerbjack said:
    JimmyV said:
    Man, southern Cal locals are the lucky ones for this tour. Three shows with 99% odds? 
    Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I'm not local but I have flight and hotels booked. Let's not jinx it.
    Fly to PHX, night in Vegas, San Diego, LA x 2, road trip up to the Bay Area. Sounds like a decent week off of work.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,504
    Lostpawn said:
    oo712 said:
    I think they count the people who put in Best Available in the GA % odds....that's why the 99% are still high out west?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Lostpawn said:
    oo712 said:
    I think what they are saying is..."If you want to go to the XYZ show, and you put any entry into it, you have roughly a 20% chance of getting a ticket". 

You're right that if you choose it as your first priority, you have a better shot than if you choose it as your 2nd, 3rd, etc. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,346
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:
    PJNB said:

1- Baltimore GA
    2- NYC Reserved
    3- Baltimore Reserved

1- Baltimore GA
    2- Baltimore Reserved
    3- NYC GA
    4- NYC Reserved

No, it would be
    2. NYC Best Available

It does say 2020-

"Pre-sale Drawing
    Tickets
    Monday at 13:05

Pearl Jam 2020 North America Tour"

I'd think if they were changing such a significant part of the draw, they'd state just that.
    Yes the header is current but the balance of info is archived. There was a similar discussion a little while ago about Fenway when someone posted the 2018 Fenway show info and it had the 2020 concert series header...just a glitch in the Matrix, read the rest of the article, says you'll be charged by Ten Club etc.
    This year you will be charged by Ticketmaster.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    Mozzy said:

Bump
    All this confirms is this:
    - If you want to get in the door for most any of the PJ shows on this first leg, choose "best available" and you're very likely to be able to attend
    - If you for sure want to stand in GA, you're going to need some amount of luck in the lotto
    - MSG - we all pray

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Lostpawn said:
    oo712 said:
    That’s exactly how it worked last lottery. People were getting their 10th choices for some of the reserve shows that never fell below 99%. Odds are better than they show. Maybe not by much but they Definitley take into account all choices for that show, not just priority 1. 
  • Options
    anyone know the current odds for the canadian shows?
    Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003) St. Paul, Minnesota (June 16, 2003)
    Winnipeg, Manitoba (September 08, 2005) Thunder Bay, Ontario (September 09, 2005) Ottawa, Ontario (September 16, 2005)
    Montreal, Quebec (September 07, 2011) Ottawa, Ontario (September 14, 2011) Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018) Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
    Ottawa, Ontario (September 03, 2022) Hamilton, Ontario (September 06, 2022) Toronto, Ontario (September 08, 2022)
  • Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    There is no priority for this one run by Ticketmaster
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    1st priorities are drawn first.  If tickets remain, second priorities are picked.  And so on.  This isn't changing.  The 10C has been very transparent on the mechanics of the lottery.
  • Options
    PG256613 said:
    anyone know the current odds for the canadian shows?
    All you have to do - as outlined a few times here - is go back into the link and look at the show odds.