Gigaton = 11th Studio Album by Pearl Jam

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    mvw said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    What’s this Dance of Clairvoyance reference? Someone posted it several times yesterday?!

I thought that was the chicken dance
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    verceman said:
    Yeah, I like that it didn't reveal Pearl Jam on the boards. That would have spoiled it. 

I too am curious as to how long they've been up. Probably sometime this past week. I wouldn't be surprised that when the album is officially announced to the media, if these billboards get an update advertising the release date and saying that its the new album from PJ.

Yeah I get why you would feel that way because you are a big fan and the way the billboards are set up is really just for the big fans. Who else besides big fans are going to bother finding a billboard and scanning it? I am just saying as a marketer, the big fans like you and I don't really need any hype to get us excited about a new album. We have been ready for six years. The general population hasn't been thinking about Pearl jam in who knows how long so advertising is important.
    Agreed. But these aren't put up to promote an album to the larger population. That will come later when the promotion cycle kicks in ( I mean, the record hasn't even been officially announced yet). These are merely for this AR thing. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Yoyoma said:
    Has anyone confirmed if BOB produced Gigaton?  
     he is not
    Oh that's good news. BOB was great, but it felt time to try something different. This gets me even more excited for the album.
  • Funny how things happen. I just bought Paul Nicklen's Polar Obsession National Geographic photography book for my girlfriend, Mirina, this past Christmas.

21 year old member of the jamily. Photographer/Cinematographer. Born & raised in Omaha, NE. Currently residing in Chicago, IL. Thank my Dad for my music taste. Alpine Valley, WI 2011 N2 - Lincoln, NE 2014 - Central Park, NY 2015 - Wrigley Field, IL 2016 N2 - Wrigley Field 2018 N1
  • RR258111RR258111 Posts: 59
    edited January 2020
    Gigaton São Paulo, Brazil located on Morumbi Shopping 3rd floor.
    Post edited by RR258111 on

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    I love all of this so far. Changing up the producer makes me even more excited!  BOB is awesome but I like change and think it was time to try something different. Anyone know who they used???  Jack White???
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    edited January 2020
    I heard From a few sources that George Martin produced this record.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • So nothing new happened with these billboards today?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well that’d be interesting since he died like 4 years ago
  • This does not look good- with a cover that Spinal Tap would hold back on, I am not expecting much from PJ’s latest touring excuse 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well that’d be interesting since he died like 4 years ago
    Lol. Abe Abe 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • EEK! I don't use social media so no lens for me, but when I saw the ekg design that matches the one on the website I got it (By the way I can't find the link anymore but someone has a tattoo on his inner arm that is pretty much that exact design. I can only imagine how stoked he is now) I'm guessing that people who walked by and saw a short woman jumping up and down in front of a wall next to a pile of trash in a parking lot assumed I am crazy. Except for the other fan who arrived a few minutes later...

• EEK! I don't use social media so no lens for me, but when I saw the ekg design that matches the one on the website I got it (By the way I can't find the link anymore but someone has a tattoo on his inner arm that is pretty much that exact design. I can only imagine how stoked he is now) I'm guessing that people who walked by and saw a short woman jumping up and down in front of a wall next to a pile of trash in a parking lot assumed I am crazy. Except for the other fan who arrived a few minutes later...

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    mcgruff10 said:

This does not look good- with a cover that Spinal Tap would hold back on, I am not expecting much from PJ’s latest touring excuse 
    Cheer up, Philip
  • YoyomaYoyoma Posts: 20
    Yoyoma said:
     he is not
    Wow!  That’s big !  I like it. 
    'If you follow every dream, you might get lost' - N.Y.
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    New albums name Eleven? Too simple? ...i read it and I thought it could sounds right
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    If "Can't Deny Me" makes the album, I call bullshit.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    verceman said:
    Yeah, I like that it didn't reveal Pearl Jam on the boards. That would have spoiled it. 

I too am curious as to how long they've been up. Probably sometime this past week. I wouldn't be surprised that when the album is officially announced to the media, if these billboards get an update advertising the release date and saying that its the new album from PJ.

Yeah I get why you would feel that way because you are a big fan and the way the billboards are set up is really just for the big fans. Who else besides big fans are going to bother finding a billboard and scanning it? I am just saying as a marketer, the big fans like you and I don't really need any hype to get us excited about a new album. We have been ready for six years. The general population hasn't been thinking about Pearl jam in who knows how long so advertising is important.
    Agreed. But these aren't put up to promote an album to the larger population. That will come later when the promotion cycle kicks in ( I mean, the record hasn't even been officially announced yet). These are merely for this AR thing. 
    PJ doesn't really do promotions to the larger population?  The last album had those short videos on youtube that were pretty much directed at people they could email or notify via social media.  The biggest thing they do is a play a late night show.   I tend to agree with the other poster on the fact that it's PJ's core audience that buys everything, and it's not really that hard to light the beacons so PJ fan's buy it.

On the other hand that photo (hopefully thew new album cover) is amazing.  I have had no problem seeing it over and over again the past few days.  Overall I'm pretty stoked we've got a new album coming out.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    I agree. I’m just saying putting PJs name on this would have ruined the surprise. Plenty of time to do stuff that says PJ on it to promote the record.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    FR181798 said:
    Given the environmental angle of the possible title and artwork does anyone think that this could be the first Pearl Jam album not to be released in a physical format. As much of a collector that I am, I would have thought it would be an impressive and bold move by a band who usually produce a lot of physical product. 

I look at the thousands of records I have and think of the environmental impact of them being manufactured and contemplate stopping buying physical stuff.
    https://www.macobserver.com/link/environment-study-digital-physical-music/
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212827119301040
    The comparative LCA showed that, for the example of global warming potential, the environmental emissions of digital distribution are ultimately higher if the digital distribution leads to more than 4x the amount of movie viewing.
    And that's movies, which is a lot more data heavy than music. I guess if you stream an album over an over it will eventually exceed buying a physical album, but if you download it then it should always be less.
    If Pearl Jam is putting out a record, I think the word will get around. Why not try interesting ways to generate some excitement? If I was in one of these cities this weekend, I'd go check this out. Plus, imagine you're walking through Greenwich Village and a bunch of people are holding their phones up to a poster.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    edited January 2020
    The billboards are posted
    Advertisement dreams
    Chalked full of colour
    Red, blue, yellow, no green

Hidden beneath 
    Surface beauty on top
    The decay of lying
    Core sold and bought

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    You have all gone goofy....time to take a breather from this place. 
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    Yoyoma said:
     he is not
     :o  =)
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    I saw articles on twitter about this, so it's generating news outside of our bubble. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    You have all gone goofy....time to take a breather from this place. 
    New album and tour does that I guess. Its a rare moment here. Lets just enjoy it. 
  • JbarkerJbarker Posts: 560
    I can’t be the only one who is disappointed there isn’t a bike ramp at the edge of the glacier with some rad dude catching big air?!?!?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Maybe a surfer in this case.