Gigaton = 11th Studio Album by Pearl Jam

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    shecky said:
    I've learned something today. I've outgrown Pearl Jam.
    no, you've outgrown their marketing team. BIG difference. you think Ed has any fucking clue how to work an IG camera to make a 3d image work?
    More like marketing has outgrown this fanbase. 
    I dont mind it.  The band is still going and it looks like we've got some new PJ coming!
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    The marketing is strong....I doubt anyone has stopped F5'ing as we try to figure this out.

I dont use IG or FB....but I am damn sure waiting for those who do to piece this mystery together.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    lolobugg said:

Image result for japanese monster gigan

I am Gigan!!!

Stones new stage get up...wearing it while playing DTE at start of encore 2. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • My wife seems to think that the three marker image that they released is supposed to be a raindrop, a flame and a deer hoof. The last one connects the dots in coordination with the latest Ten Club shirt release. Gigaton is a climate change album that absolutely must have Of The Earth on it
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    shecky said:
    🤥🤥🤥
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Vagigiton 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    shecky said:
    no, you've outgrown their marketing team. BIG difference. you think Ed has any fucking clue how to work an IG camera to make a 3d image work?
    He's got kids, I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a phone.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    bazzer said:
    shecky said:
    He's got kids, I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a phone.
    I have kids too. I barely know how to use more than the main functions (upload music, play music, texting). Mainly because I simply don't care to learn it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    Interesting that there is a “Project Gigaton” related to Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
  • vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    And the complaining is unbelievable.
    after years of wanting and waiting, things start happening and to complain immediately,
    it’s mind blowing!

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    Credit to PJ, they've exposed their fanbase to how old and out of touch most of them are.
  • Credit to PJ, they've exposed their fanbase to how old and out of touch most of them are.
    Oh yeah we're old and out of touch. Dude still uses a typewriter! 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Credit to PJ, they've exposed their fanbase to how old and out of touch most of them are.
    Oh yeah we're old and out of touch. Dude still uses a typewriter! 
    HAHA. fair point. 

www.headstonesband.com

• coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    Hmmm... I doubt that’s the title. :)
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    why?
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    The billboards literally say Gigaton on them.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I am totally out of touch with silly social media gimmicks, that's for sure.Not out of touch with technology as it relates to business. But I will absolutely concede that I don't give much of a shit about social media apps. I've never used snapchat or whatsapp, don't use IG. I look at FB but don't actively post. Perhaps PJ is trying to be relevant with people under 30 so they aren't viewed as a legacy act. We'll see. But if they want to be relevant again, they need to do more than social media gimmicks. Here's hoping the album will be killer.That is what I'm excited for. The rest of this is just noise to me. Cool if pop culture moves you. I care about that less and less, but hell, I'm old like the band members.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    this is just marketing for the times. i don't see it as showing anyone being out of touch, or relevant. they are looking for maximum exposure, which is what social media does. 

www.headstonesband.com

• OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    jeffbr said:
    I am totally out of touch with silly social media gimmicks, that's for sure.Not out of touch with technology as it relates to business. But I will absolutely concede that I don't give much of a shit about social media apps. I've never used snapchat or whatsapp, don't use IG. I look at FB but don't actively post. Perhaps PJ is trying to be relevant with people under 30 so they aren't viewed as a legacy act. We'll see. But if they want to be relevant again, they need to do more than social media gimmicks. Here's hoping the album will be killer.That is what I'm excited for. The rest of this is just noise to me. Cool if pop culture moves you. I care about that less and less, but hell, I'm old like the band members.
    They aren’t looking to become a trendy band with the kids.
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    PB11041 said:
    The billboards literally say Gigaton on them.  

Just a hunch.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    The great thing about this band they have always wanted themselves & the fans to get creative & not just do something that is so obvious. It creates a buzz for us all to discuss & then maybe throw something from left field
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
    I will say one thing: THIS HAS REIGNITED MY LOVE FOR THIS BAND. Going through this process makes me all a flutter again, and want to see them live, listen to new music, share it with friends, jump around in my basement alone to it. 

WE. 
    LOVE. 
    THIS. 
    BAND. 

www.headstonesband.com

• drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Hey 10c. Is there a way to see the billboards/social media release elsewhere? I don’t use Facebook or instagram or twitter or anything 😂 But I live for PJ tours so I want in on the fun!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • London...
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    drummer1 said:
    Hey 10c. Is there a way to see the billboards/social media release elsewhere? I don’t use Facebook or instagram or twitter or anything 😂 But I live for PJ tours so I want in on the fun!! 
    Check out the Scavenger Hunt thread.   It has pics of most of the billboards, with links to the animations. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Vedd Hedd said:
    drummer1 said:
    Check out the Scavenger Hunt thread.   It has pics of most of the billboards, with links to the animations. 
    Thanks so much!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,780
    edited January 2020
    This is like Independence Day

when all those alien ships started showing up 🤣
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    shecky said:
    Ok bye
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    Maybe because it’s encouraging people to go outside that it helps the environment ??? Gotta drive to the place tho. 🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • I will say one thing: THIS HAS REIGNITED MY LOVE FOR THIS BAND. Going through this process makes me all a flutter again, and want to see them live, listen to new music, share it with friends, jump around in my basement alone to it. 

WE. 
    LOVE. 
    THIS. 
    BAND. 
    I totally agree. This excitement feels as fresh to me as when I was waiting for the midnight  release of Vs. 

Touring will happen every year or so but new music is rare. Enjoy the anticipation. 
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)