Gigaton = 11th Studio Album by Pearl Jam

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Looks like fan made art. Still going with the first single being called 'Gigaton'.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Also, my 42nd birthday is March 27th. I see what you did there.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    i'm guessing CDM is on the new record, and it's track 9. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202

We got a new album and a tour!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    It does say this in item description of "Can't deny me" in shop:

"Can't Deny Me" from the forthcoming Pearl Jam album. Co-produced by the band and Brendan O'Brien
    I wonder if they scrapped the BoB sessions/recordings/plans because of the times and they wanting to make a climate change focuses album (or whatever themed it may be) and put the BoB one on hold with all of the ballads and usual stuff. 

As in, this heavily themed "concept" album for 2020 with all the politics of this year and the problems that are brewing in the world.

And then BoBs album will be finished off later and released in 2022/2023 or something.
    There's a rumour tracklisting that makes it look like combined a few things from the past number of years to form the album.  It could simply have been writers block/creative challenges, and BoB was no longer free when they were ready to finish it up.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited January 2020
    Zod said:

"Can't Deny Me" from the forthcoming Pearl Jam album. Co-produced by the band and Brendan O'Brien
    I wonder if they scrapped the BoB sessions/recordings/plans because of the times and they wanting to make a climate change focuses album (or whatever themed it may be) and put the BoB one on hold with all of the ballads and usual stuff. 

As in, this heavily themed "concept" album for 2020 with all the politics of this year and the problems that are brewing in the world.

And then BoBs album will be finished off later and released in 2022/2023 or something.
    There's a rumour tracklisting that makes it look like combined a few things from the past number of years to form the album.  It could simply have been writers block/creative challenges, and BoB was no longer free when they were ready to finish it up.
    Impossible that BoB would not be free anymore, people on this board told me he would not do anything else if he could work with precious PJ:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Is Dance of the Clairvoyants confirmed as the first single and if so, does that confirm the entire leaked track list?
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    vzouzal said:
    Is Dance of the Clairvoyants confirmed as the first single and if so, does that confirm the entire leaked track list?
    The leaked track list is fake as hell
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    vzouzal said:
    Yes that is the first single but that rumored tracklist is BS.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    People were dropping the single name on Friday morning. The leaked tracklist came out after that. 
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Zod said:

Impossible that BoB would not be free anymore, people on this board told me he would not do anything else if he could work with precious PJ:

Eddie Murphy was amazing in Ghostbusters.
    When is the first single dropping?
    vzouzal said:
    When is the first single dropping?
    Been hearing the 24th.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    Since everything is coming out now, I can say that my source said that the new album has all kinds of influences, but the one that stood out for me was new wave. Looking forward to hearing how. BTW, his source is in the band. ;)
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Since everything is coming out now, I can say that my source said that the new album has all kinds of influences, but the one that stood out for me was new wave. Looking forward to hearing how. BTW, his source is in the band. ;)
    Nice!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

BRING IT!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    Wasn’t Backspacer meant to have a new wave vibe!? 😏
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Love it.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    I want something ominous with mccready ripping throughout it. Looking forward to this. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    “Making this record was a long journey,” explains Mike McCready . “It was emotionally dark and confusing at times, but also an exciting and experimental road map to musical redemption. Collaborating with my bandmates on Gigaton ultimately gave me greater love, awareness and knowledge of the need for human connection in these times."

Sounds like new wave.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    If this is the case, I would expect Boom to have more involvement on Gigaton.
    I've heard that Dance of the Clairvoyance has alot of synthesizer.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Cant wait...Album+tour 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    edited January 2020
    That makes me rather skeptical about the single/album. Then again it’s probably just the excitement and anticipation and I tell myself to trust the band. Still don’t like synthesizer though 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 897
    I generally don't either but Tool has used them to great effect so it can be pulled off.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JPPJ84 said:
    That makes me rather skeptical about the single/album. Then again it’s probably just the excitement and anticipation and I tell myself to trust the band. Still don’t like synthesizer though 
    Is the recent snippet of music we heard with the billboard promo from the first single or just some random instrumental?? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    Haven't posted on this forum regularly for about 15 years...

PJs new material over the that time period hasn't excited me much but I am certainly intrigued by what I've seen from this. They definitely have my attention.

Fingers crossed for an Australian tour!
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    JPPJ84 said:
    Is the recent snippet of music we heard with the billboard promo from the first single or just some random instrumental?? 
    No idea 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    I’m hoping more Pendulum type songs, less Sirens type songs 
    KN219077 said:
    I’m hoping more Pendulum type songs, less Sirens type songs 
    Agreed! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06