Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    I think anyone saying “there’s no way they play that many dates” needs to understand they haven’t properly toured the states in how long? 2013-2014? When they released a new album. 2016 was a short money maker on the east coast. There are major markets they haven’t played in 7 years that they’re going to have to. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    I think anyone saying “there’s no way they play that many dates” needs to understand they haven’t properly toured the states in how long? 2013-2014? When they released a new album. 2016 was a short money maker on the east coast. There are major markets they haven’t played in 7 years that they’re going to have to. 
    2013 had 33 shows I think. This tour has 32 already. I am not saying they are not touring in the fall but to think they are doing two more legs and hitting every market is a bit ambitious for the way this band has been touring since 2007 and on. 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Of the 30 shows in 2013, they played 25 shows for Lighting Bolt after it was released. That was the most they have done since 2006.  They are already over that as it is before another fall leg. They will be touring for this album the next couple years. I doubt they will be on the road all of September and October with another 25-30 shows.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    They are not going to have to do anything. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    rooter09 said:
    I am so hoping for the sea hear now festival line up today. Anyone hear if today could be the day with Pearl Jam headlining?
    They're rumored to play the Sunday night slot... not sure when the official announcement is coming but sometime next 2 weeks I believe
    Show gets announced on Monday 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    So where are we landing on the Chicago shows? UC/Wrigley/Alpine?

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    JP218404 said:
    rooter09 said:
    I am so hoping for the sea hear now festival line up today. Anyone hear if today could be the day with Pearl Jam headlining?
    They're rumored to play the Sunday night slot... not sure when the official announcement is coming but sometime next 2 weeks I believe
    They're playing? I remember you had the Apollo show a waaaaays back.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    pjl44 said:
    JP218404 said:
    rooter09 said:
    They're playing? I remember you had the Apollo show a waaaaays back.
    I hear things
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    Is @dimitrispearljam alive? A hint or two would be welcomed good sir. 
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 239
    ComeToTX said:
    chiefnjk said:
    It's Ohana's 5th anniversary, and PJ is touring a new album. If PJ is ever going to play Ohana, it's this year.
    Given the spring and summer shows, I'm guessing it's a shorter leg in the fall.
    Just predictions, no info. 
    Wrigley 9/8, 9/10
    CBP 9/14, 9/16
    Sea Hear Now 9/20
    Boston 9/22, 9/23
    Ohana 9/27
    Vegas 9/30
    ACL 10/2
    Houston 10/4
    Dallas 10/6
    ACL 10/9
    Stop teasing me!
    That's a good week to staycation!
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    JM144705 said:
    Is @dimitrispearljam alive? A hint or two would be welcomed good sir. 
    Don’t force it, it has to happen organically.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    3/26 will be an exciting day for all interested in fall leg....
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    radial21 said:
    Do you have anything more to share?  Source?  Or are we just doing the cryptic thing here?
  • Options
    Red MosquitoRed Mosquito Charlotte, NC Posts: 70
    Fun fact: The last time Pearl Jam played a non-festival show in Atlanta was 2003. The Riot Act tour.
    Not sure a major U.S. city has been passed over this often.
  • Options
    radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    Lostpawn said:
    radial21 said:
    Do you have anything more to share?  Source?  Or are we just doing the cryptic thing here?
    Same source that gave me the 9/4 date in Pitt. More info is rolling out to venues.  I’ll post more if I get it 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    radial21 said:
    Lostpawn said:
    radial21 said:
    Same source that gave me the 9/4 date in Pitt. More info is rolling out to venues.  I’ll post more if I get it 
    I take it you mean 9/26? Or is this an announcement?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    radial21 said:
    So I've got three weeks to wish some New England shows into existence. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    radial21 said:
    Thanks @radial21! Appreciate the hint!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    If anyone gets any Cleveland or Columbus info please let me know and my lips are sealed!  Saw my first show in Cleveland 2010 and have been dying for the band to return 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    radial21 said:
    So, a coordinated roll-out with album released at midnight and another round of tour dates to heighten the hysteria?

Sounds like the marketing wing of the organization is earning their pay. Looking forward to the announcement.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Would they really announce a tour during a tour? 
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    radial21 said:
    Am i swimming in lake erie or alum creek labor day wknd?
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    Fun fact: The last time Pearl Jam played a non-festival show in Atlanta was 2003. The Riot Act tour.
    The 4th largest city in the US (Houston) hasn’t had a single show since 2003. Maybe they both get some love in the Fall?
  • Options
    Red MosquitoRed Mosquito Charlotte, NC Posts: 70
    JW269453 said:
    The 4th largest city in the US (Houston) hasn’t had a single show since 2003. Maybe they both get some love in the Fall?
    That's wild.
  • Options
    sudzillasudzilla Posts: 25
    PJNB said:
    why not?  aren't all or most of the spring shows already sold out?  its not like it would affect spring ticket sales.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    sudzilla said:
    PJNB said:
    why not?  aren't all or most of the spring shows already sold out?  its not like it would affect spring ticket sales.
    I believe the 2014 North American tour was announced over the summer while the band was in Europe. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    sudzilla said:
    PJNB said:
    When have they done that last especially for a same continent tour? Just going off past history not what makes or does not make sense. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    D-Rod said:
    sudzilla said:
    PJNB said:
    I believe the 2014 North American tour was announced over the summer while the band was in Europe. 
    Announcement was May 21st, my bad 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    For the sake of my wallet, I'd like them to hold off a bit before another tour announcement.

Maybe they'll hold off a little too to see what goes on with this Coronavirus scare crap. Wife and I are planning a France/Italy trip in May that's already in serious jeopardy currently, I can't only imagine how many bands are wondering what their tours will do over the next several months. They ruined the Arnold Classic this weekend in Ohio, yet all the Cav/Blue Jackets/March Madness games are all good to go as scheduled, so far, and there hasn't been a confirmed case there. Who knows.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    For the sake of my wallet, I'd like them to hold off a bit before another tour announcement.

Maybe they'll hold off a little too to see what goes on with this Coronavirus scare crap. Wife and I are planning a France/Italy trip in May that's already in serious jeopardy currently, I can't only imagine how many bands are wondering what their tours will do over the next several months. They ruined the Arnold Classic this weekend in Ohio, yet all the Cav/Blue Jackets/March Madness games are all good to go as scheduled, so far, and there hasn't been a confirmed case there. Who knows.
    Tons of people from all over the world come in for the Arnold. Not so much for the Cavs and Blue Jackets.