Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    JimmyV said:
    I thought Rage was announced as the third headliner for this a few weeks ago?

https://bostoncalling.com/interactive-lineup/#/artists/headliners

Either way, I guess we'll find out tomorrow:

Image may contain text
    Wasn't an official announcement - reported as a rumor by CoS. All signs point to it still being a thing, though.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Do you guys think Pearl Jam is a lock to be at Sea Hear Now?
    Why would you think that?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saw some rumblings on prior threads about it! Eddie being a huge surfing guy and Mike performing at The Stone Pony last September.
  • Options
    BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    pjl44 said:

Wishlist (somewhat realistic cities):  Hartford, Atlanta, Vegas, Salt Lake City, Des MOines, Fort Lauderdale.  
    Can Des Moines really be on someone's wishlist to travel to? :lol:
    Des Moines has been a top 10 city to live in on Forbes annual list for about 10 years. It's actually really awesome and has a great venue
    I don’t know about top 10, but you can get some killer iowa brews (TG and then lots in Des Moines) and your have Zombie Burger.
    We started getting TG regularly in MA a year or two ago. Consistently excellent.

Iowa has a lot of great breweries. Per Capita they stack up with anyone really. TG isn't even the best brewery in Decorah,IA . DSM has a couple really solid breweries in BarnTown and Confluence and one just opened called Lua Brewing that is getting great reviews 

I know about that Treehouse Haze. Got a box of beermail full of it today lol
    Oh bullshit. Pulpit isn’t better than TG. Pulpit is nice, but c’mon. And pulpit wouldn’t be anything without TG bringing people to Decorah.

Haze is solid. Very hazy is amazing.
    I’ve had over 100+ different TreeHouse brews. After all of them, Very Green is still the one I could drink for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.

if any beer fans come up to Mass for shows, head out to Vitamin Sea in Weymouth... the only brewery than can keep up with TreeHouse in my opinion.  The beer they’ve been putting out is as good, if not better, than TreeHouse
    From CT but TreeHouse Green from MA is an IPA heavyweight that is unlike any other IPA. Alter Ego is outstanding as is Julius. Haxr, to me, is a little boozy.  Trillium is crazy-good; Melcher, Congress Street, Mettle-- one better than the other.  And if you haven't tried Foley Brother's Prospect from VT, it's a small-batch sleeper but kills most IPA's on the east coast.      
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    I know nothing about it but kind of wonder if it's more likely to have EV solo with Ohana the following weekend. Then again, could see this being the year that PJ plays Ohana (for its 5th anniversary edition). 

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    chiefnjk said:
    I know nothing about it but kind of wonder if it's more likely to have EV solo with Ohana the following weekend. Then again, could see this being the year that PJ plays Ohana (for its 5th anniversary edition). 

Isnt Ed already confirmed at Global Citizens the same Saturday as Ohana??
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saw some rumblings on prior threads about it! Eddie being a huge surfing guy and Mike performing at The Stone Pony last September.
    There were no rumblings. Just one guy trying to wish it into existence. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    MyBitterHands76MyBitterHands76 Posts: 346
    edited January 2020
    I don't think we'll see any ballpark shows in 2020.  My prediction based on no intel other than there have not been any credible rumors whatsoever. 
    Only rumor I’ve heard about Ball park show is Matt Cord, Rock DJ in Philadelphia and massive PJ man, said a few weeks back he was hearing from promoters rumors about 2 shows possible at Citizens bank park in the late summer or early fall. He stressed though that they were just rumors. Only reason I thought there might be some truth to it is because he said the same thing back in 2016 about the fall shows at the Wells Fargo center and it ended up being true. 
    Post edited by MyBitterHands76 on
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,795
    Best thing about TreeHouse to me was that the first time I visited they were playing Temple of the Dog.  The second time I visited they were playing Pearl Jam.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,662
    Take it with a grain of salt, but I have a buddy who lives down in NJ who has no interest in Pearl Jam at all personally so there would be no reason to randomly make this up

He just texted me that he’s heard from multiple people in the area and two separate people he knows that works with the festival that Pearl Jam will be headlining Sea.Hear.Now Festival this fall in Asbury Park

He also said it sounds like they’ll be playing the Sunday September 20th slot
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,359
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Image may contain text
    Wasn't an official announcement - reported as a rumor by CoS. All signs point to it still being a thing, though.
    Rage headlining Saturday 5/23
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 374
    Take it with a grain of salt, but I have a buddy who lives down in NJ who has no interest in Pearl Jam at all personally so there would be no reason to randomly make this up

He just texted me that he’s heard from multiple people in the area and two separate people he knows that works with the festival that Pearl Jam will be headlining Sea.Hear.Now Festival this fall in Asbury Park

He also said it sounds like they’ll be playing the Sunday September 20th slot
    When Pearl Jam plays festivals does ten club have any designated areas or early access to tickets or is it just a free for all and it’s first come first served when it comes to to standing close to the stage. 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 706
    is the date confirmed?  \

Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Image may contain text

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,664

I have a feeling it's gonna happen. 

Now if only Pearl Jam plays Maine this Fall. That would be really something else. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    chiefnjk said:

Isnt Ed already confirmed at Global Citizens the same Saturday as Ohana??

Sea hear now is Sept 19 & 20.

GC is Sept 26
  • Options
    It is 15 minutes from my house and I still have zero interest in sea hear now even if pj plays 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,359
    nalyd61 said:
    is the date confirmed?  \

Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:

Image may contain text

Yes confirmed

https://bostoncalling.com/
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I'd only be concerned Sea Hear Now would effect other shows in the the Northeast in the fall, hopefully not.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I'd only be concerned Sea Hear Now would effect other shows in the the Northeast in the fall, hopefully not.
    That a exactly what I am thinking 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    demetrios said:

Now if only Pearl Jam plays Maine this Fall. That would be really something else. 
    I so hope you’re right!

Early bird tickets for SeaHearNow went on sale this morning and sold out in less than an hour.  Last year it took them 5 days to sell out of those tickets.  So either the festival is just way more popular this year or people have an inkling of a pretty good headliner.  

I’m so glad I bought them before they sold out... knowing how long it took last year I almost skipped doing it until another day.  

It does make sense that they could do this festival with Ed doing Global Citizen an hour away the day before. But I’m probably just connecting dots that I could connect for a hundred other bands.  

Either way I’m psyched to do SeaHearNow again. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,029
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Early bird tickets for SeaHearNow went on sale this morning and sold out in less than an hour.  Last year it took them 5 days to sell out of those tickets.  So either the festival is just way more popular this year or people have an inkling of a pretty good headliner.  

I’m so glad I bought them before they sold out... knowing how long it took last year I almost skipped doing it until another day.  

It does make sense that they could do this festival with Ed doing Global Citizen an hour away the day before. But I’m probably just connecting dots that I could connect for a hundred other bands.  

Global Citizen is the following weekend
  • Options
    Yeah I feel like it wouldn’t be a full P.J. concert. Just like 15 songs. And you’d have to get to that stage at like 8am if you want to see anything 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Global Citizen is the following weekend
    Haha.  Like I said.  Connecting dots that I probably shouldn’t be. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Wow that’s insane that early bird is already sold out and VIP is up to Tier 3. Considered VIP but that’s a lot of $ with no lineup released.
  • Options
    JBob87 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Wow that’s insane that early bird is already sold out and VIP is up to Tier 3. Considered VIP but that’s a lot of $ with no lineup released.
    Agreed.  The $125 I spent on the early bird tickets is about all I want to commit to a blind lineup.  Brian Fallon has hinted around on Twitter about the festival so I’m hoping he is on the lineup.  If I get one other band I like out of the 25 it will be worth it especially considering I live 10 minutes away. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JBob87 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Agreed.  The $125 I spent on the early bird tickets is about all I want to commit to a blind lineup.  Brian Fallon has hinted around on Twitter about the festival so I’m hoping he is on the lineup.  If I get one other band I like out of the 25 it will be worth it especially considering I live 10 minutes away. 
    I feel like it’s hard to enjoy them at a festival though. Since the sound isn’t as good as it would be in an arena. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    JBob87 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

I feel like it’s hard to enjoy them at a festival though. Since the sound isn’t as good as it would be in an arena. 
    Agreed. Nothing is better than an arena. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    JBob87 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Agreed. Nothing is better than an arena. 
    Plus it’s a reduced set list and there’s way more jabronis there who just want to see diplo or some butt hole dj 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    edited January 2020
    on2legs said:
    JBob87 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Yea completely agree. My brother lives in Asbury so snagged an early bird bc it’s a good excuse to visit him. For $125 I’m sure PJ or no PJ there will be 1-2 bands I want to see. Went in 2018 and had a great time. Heard was a lot more crowded last year.
    Post edited by JBob87 on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    JBob87 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:

I so hope you’re right!

Sounds like VIP will require a 2 day purchase with sales like that. Unreal.