Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,485
    With no inside information whatsoever, i have a feeling they will play at the Phillies ballpark. Among others.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    Do we think ballpark shows would be looped in with arena shows, or one-offs like in 2016?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    JDime20 said:
    Do we think ballpark shows would be looped in with arena shows, or one-offs like in 2016?
    Could be both.  They're not big enough to do ballpark in a lot of markets.   Aside from Seattle I'm not sure they can pull it off anywhere else in the PNW or Western Canada. 

I've seen a fair number of bands mix it up.  Stadium show in seattle, arena in Vancouver kind of thing.  Might make sense for PJ.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    With no inside information whatsoever, i have a feeling they will play at the Phillies ballpark. Among others.

There’s been a lot rumors about them playing citizens bank park (Phillies ballpark) lately. I definitely think this is a strong possibility 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    Zod said:
    JDime20 said:
    Could be both.  They're not big enough to do ballpark in a lot of markets.   Aside from Seattle I'm not sure they can pull it off anywhere else in the PNW or Western Canada. 

I've seen a fair number of bands mix it up.  Stadium show in seattle, arena in Vancouver kind of thing.  Might make sense for PJ.
    Yeah that’s what I was alluding to. The regular ballparks and hit arenas between them. 
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Minnesota would be happy to have PJ.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    No ballparks is my guess
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    demetrios said:
    Hoping for a Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont Pearl Jam experience this Fall.

I like that idea :)
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    kaseylily said:
    Detroit, Toledo..or both please!

that would be my dream back-to-backer.....the Huntington Center is a hidden gem!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    PB71405PB71405 Posts: 15
    As long as they come closer to Ohio this Fall I’m there! Looking forward to the announcement! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
    Priscilla Buford
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    PJNB said:
    No ballparks is my guess

Hopefully, those have jumped the shark. Now, if they play like one or two AND they are in places they haven't done it then OK. Like Philly(natural fit with how crazy PJ draws in Philly) and maybe DC or some other big metro area they haven't done in a while... And a full area leg in the fall.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    If they opt to play Seattle this year (and not wait for the arena to be re-opened), I could see them playing safeco again.

If they play chicago.. what are the options.  If you play united centre you have the same ticket shortage issue as NY.  It's either Wrigley or Soldier field to create enough tickets.  It's hard to play an arena, when you can easily sell out two stadium shows....
  • Options
    Any chance they would do Miller Park in Milwaukee and skip Chicago this time around?  They could close the roof for bad weather.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    Historically, ballpark shows would be announced by end of January. Between that and the lack of anything credible leaked, I'd lean towards no stadiums for fall. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:
    please no ball parks. they suck.

Given by what happened in New York, in the big markets like Chicago, you're stick with playing a small venue and people not getting tickets, or stadiums.  I suppose you could do football or mls stadiums instead of baseball stadiums.

at least give the n.east the six arena shows that west got this time.

anything else is a giant middle finger fro them to us.
    You mean like 2016 was for the west coast?

I can count to six and don’t include SC nor FL as part of the 60 million of the N.east.
    Greenville and Columbia, SC are closer to NYC than Glendale, AZ is to Oakland. 

Let’s call LA the center of the population, the  closest equivalent to NY in the US. All six shows are within a 5 hour drive. 

And NY has all people and cities and large towns between those five hours. LA has a lot  desert and mountain in between,

last I heard deserts and mountains are not competing for tickets.
    Calling LA the "center" is convenient for you and totally arbitrary. I'm calling NYC the center because (I believe) that's where you are. FWIW, the center of California's population is over 100 miles North of Los Angeles, and thus is farther from Glendale, AZ than NYC is from Toronto, Hamilton, and Ottawa. 

It’s the center because not only does it have more population than anywhere else but it is geographically in between a lot of other huge metro areas.

its an easy drive from DC and Boston and Philly and Baltimore and Providence and Albany and Hartford. not to mention Wooster or Allentown. Billy Joel’s coming too.

no worries, while tickets sit unsold I’m flying to another country as the garden fills with fans from those cities and from Uruguay and ...

Spinal Tap fans also since their Crank it to Eleven was filmed at the Garden.  
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Zod said:
    If they opt to play Seattle this year (and not wait for the arena to be re-opened), I could see them playing safeco again.

If they play chicago.. what are the options.  If you play united centre you have the same ticket shortage issue as NY.  It's either Wrigley or Soldier field to create enough tickets.  It's hard to play an arena, when you can easily sell out two stadium shows....
    I think if you play 2 shows at the United Center, but it's in the midst of an arena tour, and not a destination show - as all the Wrigley shows have all been, then tickets will be reasonable to acquire. So as long as there's some east coast shows, some midwest shows, etc.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

Given by what happened in New York, in the big markets like Chicago, you're stick with playing a small venue and people not getting tickets, or stadiums.  I suppose you could do football or mls stadiums instead of baseball stadiums.

I can count to six and don’t include SC nor FL as part of the 60 million of the N.east.

Let’s call LA the center of the population, the  closest equivalent to NY in the US. All six shows are within a 5 hour drive. 

And NY has all people and cities and large towns between those five hours. LA has a lot  desert and mountain in between,

Calling LA the "center" is convenient for you and totally arbitrary. I'm calling NYC the center because (I believe) that's where you are. FWIW, the center of California's population is over 100 miles North of Los Angeles, and thus is farther from Glendale, AZ than NYC is from Toronto, Hamilton, and Ottawa. 

It’s the center because not only does it have more population than anywhere else but it is geographically in between a lot of other huge metro areas.

its an easy drive from DC and Boston and Philly and Baltimore and Providence and Albany and Hartford. not to mention Wooster or Allentown. Billy Joel’s coming too.

no worries, while tickets sit unsold I’m flying to another country as the garden fills with fans from those cities and from Uruguay and ...

Dude, take it easy on the east coast entitlement. There are 6 shows in the west coast. 5 of them are sold out. The only one with tickets left is the 2nd Oakland show, and from glancing at ticketmaster, it's about 300 behind the stage seats that are unsold. I think it's safe to say those 300 behind stage seats will eventually sell, and thus the entire west coast run will be sold out.

I'm sure you'll get your shows in the 2nd leg. Patience.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    Sarava said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

Dude, take it easy on the east coast entitlement. There are 6 shows in the west coast. 5 of them are sold out. The only one with tickets left is the 2nd Oakland show, and from glancing at ticketmaster, it's about 300 behind the stage seats that are unsold. I think it's safe to say those 300 behind stage seats will eventually sell, and thus the entire west coast run will be sold out.

I'm sure you'll get your shows in the 2nd leg. Patience.

Entitlement lol
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    Foos at Osheaga, usually alot of shared headliners with Lolla, so hopefully theyre the "legacy act" this year (and we get a full PJ show or 2 in Chicago).
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    We penciled in a September 19th wedding date yesterday, so Pearl Jam playing Boston that weekend is probably set in stone.
    They just announced Aerosmith playing Fenway on 9/18. So the stage will be set up and Aerosmtih is unlikely to play two nights. Hear me now and believe me later...this is happening. 

EDIT: It looks like we have been saved by Donnie, Danny, Jordan, Jonathan, and Joey! #NKOTB
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    We penciled in a September 19th wedding date yesterday, so Pearl Jam playing Boston that weekend is probably set in stone.
    They just announced Aerosmith playing Fenway on 9/18. So the stage will be set up and Aerosmtih is unlikely to play two nights. Hear me now and believe me later...this is happening. 
    New Kids On The Block are playing on the 19th
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    WE'RE SAVED!!!!

• Options
    Sarava said:
    Zod said:

I think if you play 2 shows at the United Center, but it's in the midst of an arena tour, and not a destination show - as all the Wrigley shows have all been, then tickets will be reasonable to acquire. So as long as there's some east coast shows, some midwest shows, etc.
    I'm not sure it's enough.  PJ fans have the habit of trying to attend both shows when PJ plays multiples in the same city.  Playing two would help a bit, but theres so many people that live in the Chicago area.  United Centre shows would be a tough ticket.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    WE'RE SAVED!!!!
    NKOTB saving PJ fans all over the country by taking up the ballparks 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    I don't think we'll see any ballpark shows in 2020.  My prediction based on no intel other than there have not been any credible rumors whatsoever. 
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    It’s getting pretty late for ballpark shows to be announced with no real rumors about them. They’d have to be announced this week or next probably. Still think Lolla is possible, plus more US/Can arenas in the fall, maybe with Voodoo and ACL. All those C3 fests would make sense given PJ is already playing all of the European Lollas. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I thought Rage was announced as the third headliner for this a few weeks ago?

https://bostoncalling.com/interactive-lineup/#/artists/headliners

Either way, I guess we'll find out tomorrow:

Image may contain text
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    Do you guys think Pearl Jam is a lock to be at Sea Hear Now?
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Zod said:

You know, there are two baseball teams in Chicago. ;)
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited January 2020
     I would think that they'd start with some other cities out West this time and maybe go across the Northern hemisphere. Kicking off in Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Chicago, Detroit etc., then finishing the leg somewhere like Boston, Philly, NY or DC/Charlottesville? 

I'm not even expecting anything below Charlottesville until maybe next year to be honest. They could hit a couple of places like Charlotte (if we're lucky) or Atlanta. They hit a lot of the Southern cities in 2016. That's why I'm making sure I see them on this leg. 

"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014