2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Plus McMcready played it last year including a late night gig at The Stone Pony.  And... there's a big surfing component to it and we all know who loves to surf.  =)

So there's a little bit a smoke... we'll see if there's any fire.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited January 2020
    Call me crazy but I think Fall is going to be an extensive 2nd  leg or there’s going to be a 3rd US Leg whether that’s this year or sometime 2021. Too many places they’re missing this leg....Boston, NY (again), Philly, DC, North Carolina, Florida, Atlanta, Texas, Pacific Northwest, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, etc.

They will get in Australia/Asia and South America in 2021...maybe add a 3rd leg after that. But if that’s the case the 2nd leg will be long, for PJ anyway. I can see the 25 shows in 50 days for October/November. 
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Let's hope big things are planned for the northeast this fall. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Crossing my fingers for some Minneapolis love! Maybe Target Field?
    1991-11-30 St. Paul, MN 1992-08-28 St. Paul, MN 1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN 2000-10-08 East Troy, WI 2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN 2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN 2006-06-27 St. Paul, MN 2006-07-07 San Diego, CA 2007-08-05 Chicago, IL 2008-06-24 New York, NY 2009-08-23 Chicago, IL 2009-08-24 Chicago, IL 2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis, MN 2011-09-03 PJ20 East Troy, WI 2011-09-04 PJ20 East Troy, WI 2013-07-19 Wrigley Chicago, IL 2014-10-19 St. Paul, MN
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    I'd like to see Hartford and Worcester again (doubtful on the latter), and would be awesome if a Montreal or Albany date happened to pop up as well.

I could see them dropping a couple more MSG nights in the fall.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 334
    London?
  • Matt Chord (radio DJ In Philadelphia and massive Pearl Jam fan) was saying a couple weeks ago, right before this tour was announced, he was hearing some rumors from promoters about possible shows at Citizens Bank Park in Philly In late summer/early fall. But again he emphasized that this was just a RUMOR. So key word is RUMOR lol. Regardless though if whether or not that’s true I think PJ will do what they normally do in the fall 2 shows in Philly, 2 in Boston, and 2 in NYC area. Which I think will be good for the fans. I feel like there will be less shut outs through the 10c and easier access to public tickets. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
    edited January 2020
    Matt Chord (radio DJ In Philadelphia and massive Pearl Jam fan) was saying a couple weeks ago, right before this tour was announced, he was hearing some rumors from promoters about possible shows at Citizens Bank Park in Philly In late summer/early fall. But again he emphasized that this was just a RUMOR. So key word is RUMOR lol. Regardless though if whether or not that’s true I think PJ will do what they normally do in the fall 2 shows in Philly, 2 in Boston, and 2 in NYC area. Which I think will be good for the fans. I feel like there will be less shut outs through the 10c and easier access to public tickets. 

My suspicion - and I have no inside information at all - is that this is the year for Citizens Bank Park. Skipping Philly on Leg 1 makes no sense unless something is big planned for the fall.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• SB117186 said:
    London?

• JimmyV said:
    Matt Chord (radio DJ In Philadelphia and massive Pearl Jam fan) was saying a couple weeks ago, right before this tour was announced, he was hearing some rumors from promoters about possible shows at Citizens Bank Park in Philly In late summer/early fall. But again he emphasized that this was just a RUMOR. So key word is RUMOR lol. Regardless though if whether or not that’s true I think PJ will do what they normally do in the fall 2 shows in Philly, 2 in Boston, and 2 in NYC area. Which I think will be good for the fans. I feel like there will be less shut outs through the 10c and easier access to public tickets. 

My suspicion - and I have not inside information at all - is that this is the year for Citizens Bank Park.
    He was saying that too. I could definitely see them playing there 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    JojoRice said:
    Probably no Seattle shows until 2021 after Key Arena renovations are complete. Doubt they play Safeco this year. 
    They could just do what all the other bands are doing and play Tacoma Dome instead while the Key Arena is being renovated.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    wbutler29 said:
    hailhail8 said:
    Raleigh would make sense as they canceled in 2016
    Carolinas were getting some rumors. Charlotte or Raleigh. Charlotte more centrally located bigger draw from surrounding areas.
    Not a big fan of spectrum center concerts. I will still go if PJ decides on it though. Layout isn’t the most convenient and the sound isn’t that great imo. 
    The only way I would go to a Charlotte show is if Raleigh, the state of Virginia, and DC were all left off an itinerary.

I lived in Raleigh during the '16 tour. It still feels right that they should plan to go back and make good on their promise.
    Yeah, I flew from Seattle to the Hampton and Raleigh shows and we were definitely robbed of Raleigh. That was a nightmare situation.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    please no ball parks. they suck.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    foodboy said:

Given by what happened in New York, in the big markets like Chicago, you're stick with playing a small venue and people not getting tickets, or stadiums.  I suppose you could do football or mls stadiums instead of baseball stadiums.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Hoping for a Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont Pearl Jam experience this Fall.

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    edited January 2020
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JojoRice said:
    Probably no Seattle shows until 2021 after Key Arena renovations are complete. Doubt they play Safeco this year. 
    They could just do what all the other bands are doing and play Tacoma Dome instead while the Key Arena is being renovated.
    My first knee-jerk reaction was along the lines of "f-no, that place was a dated dump 25 years ago when I was last there for David Bowie + NIN"....but after a quick search I was quite surprised to see that it's just had a $30M reno....not sure what acoustics are like or whether it would interfere with residency plans in 2021, but it certainly would be an option. Personally, I'd love to see them return to the Gorge.

If they are planning a residency in 2021, maybe a small Nov/Dec 2020 fundraiser would be a viable option. Somewhere like the Paramount or Benaroya would be mind-blowing, and although tickets would be beyond the means of many (including me) it would be pretty cool to see (i.e. if they sold tickets like Radiohead did for their Haiti relief benefit at the LA Fonda in 2010) where tickets were sold on TM like an auction, with all proceeds going to the Vitalogy Foundation.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    foodboy said:
    I'm right there with ya.  Having done 4 Fenway shows, I'm kinda over it (2016 me would be slapping the shit out of 2020 me for saying that).  I would take TD or Worcester over Fenway in a second.  Even given a choice between Hartford and Fenway, I'm doing Hartford 10/10 times.  2010-2013 Hartford shows were as much fun as I've ever had at a PJ show.  But if they end up announcing shows at Fenway in Sept, I'll end up trying for tickets. 

I just think Fenway is too tough to pass up. A huge payday (40-80,000 tickets) and mostly everyone is getting a chance to get in the door.  Especially if they end up playing NY and Philly around the same time.  

Here's to hoping once this US leg is done, Dimi will sprinkle some hints our way.  
  • sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    RP112579 said:
    Wishlist (somewhat realistic cities):  Hartford, Atlanta, Vegas, Salt Lake City, Des MOines, Fort Lauderdale.  
    Can Des Moines really be on someone's wishlist to travel to? :lol:
    I went to Des Moines for Slipknot and it's a pretty cool spot.  

2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

Given by what happened in New York, in the big markets like Chicago, you're stick with playing a small venue and people not getting tickets, or stadiums.  I suppose you could do football or mls stadiums instead of baseball stadiums.

at least give the n.east the six arena shows that west got this time.

anything else is a giant middle finger fro them to us.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

You mean like 2016 was for the west coast?
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

I can count to six and don’t include SC nor FL as part of the 60 million of the N.east.
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

I can count to six and don’t include SC nor FL as part of the 60 million of the N.east.
    Greenville and Columbia, SC are closer to NYC than Glendale, AZ is to Oakland. 

So, the 6 shows the "west" got are (for New Yorkers--I believe you are one) about as far geographically the same spread as the four Canada shows and the two east coast shows this tour. And in 2016, New Yorkers had 13 shows within that same geographic spread as what you're calling the "west." Someone living in California had zero. Also, FYI: the population of California is ~40 million. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • demetrios said:
    Hoping for a Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont Pearl Jam experience this Fall.

Being from NH this would be amazing and surprising but would be good with just 2 in Worcester. 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

Let’s call LA the center of the population, the  closest equivalent to NY in the US. All six shows are within a 5 hour drive. 

And NY has all people and cities and large towns between those five hours. LA has a lot  desert and mountain in between,

last I heard deserts and mountains are not competing for tickets.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Man some of you have so much time on your hands. The bickering on here is dizzying 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Man some of you have so much time on your hands. The bickering on here is dizzying 
    To start Sunday morning, too.

nicknyr15 said:

Like I’ve said on other topics, Just discussing. You’re right , too much time. But disposition is playing on pandora now with its tremendous artwork. So it’s all good.

If we want to talk about a band that REALLY dislikes traveling to N.east, it’s the author of that song.
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    foodboy said:

Let’s call LA the center of the population, the  closest equivalent to NY in the US. All six shows are within a 5 hour drive. 

And NY has all people and cities and large towns between those five hours. LA has a lot  desert and mountain in between,

last I heard deserts and mountains are not competing for tickets.
    Calling LA the "center" is convenient for you and totally arbitrary. I'm calling NYC the center because (I believe) that's where you are. FWIW, the center of California's population is over 100 miles North of Los Angeles, and thus is farther from Glendale, AZ than NYC is from Toronto, Hamilton, and Ottawa. 
    Apologies for the bickering. At this point, I'm more annoyed by the bad geography than I am by the New York entitlement. ;) I mean, you can't just treat Los Angeles and the Bay Area as some homogenous "west"--they're almost 400 miles apart. If they're the same area, then New York's area stretches into Quebec, Ontario, North Carolina, and Ohio!
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    To start Sunday morning, too.
    This is my church.