Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    ecdanc said:
    Apologies for the bickering. At this point, I'm more annoyed by the bad geography than I am by the New York entitlement. ;) I mean, you can't just treat Los Angeles and the Bay Area as some homogenous "west"--they're almost 400 miles apart. If they're the same area, then New York's area stretches into Quebec, Ontario, North Carolina, and Ohio!
    NYC folks can get to Ottawa and/or Quebec City quite easily.  Plenty of seats available and US dollar has a very good exchange rate into Canadian.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    Apologies for the bickering. At this point, I'm more annoyed by the bad geography than I am by the New York entitlement. ;) I mean, you can't just treat Los Angeles and the Bay Area as some homogenous "west"--they're almost 400 miles apart. If they're the same area, then New York's area stretches into Quebec, Ontario, North Carolina, and Ohio!
    NYC folks can get to Ottawa and/or Quebec City quite easily.  Plenty of seats available and US dollar has a very good exchange rate into Canadian.  
    Right!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    I would say a week or two out if the weather is cooperating people will make plans to hit those shows.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    Yeah an eight hour ride is easy lol. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    I can't speak for the other poster, but I was thinking more of the direct flights. Eight hours...yeah, it's doable, but that's pretty hairy in March. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    We penciled in a September 19th wedding date yesterday, so Pearl Jam playing Boston that weekend is probably set in stone.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    I can't speak for the other poster, but I was thinking more of the direct flights. Eight hours...yeah, it's doable, but that's pretty hairy in March. 
    Direct flights out of Newark aren’t cheap. Over $400 per person. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    Ouch. Is that Ottawa and/or QC?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    Quebec City. No direct flights from Philly.  I hate United, sondamn expensive.  So as of now I ll be driving from jersey to Quebec City. 

• Options
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    I'm sure the 15-hour Greyhound ride from Newark to Ottawa (for only about $50 each way!) would be fun. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • Options
    sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    Quebec City. No direct flights from Philly.  I hate United, sondamn expensive.  So as of now I ll be driving from jersey to Quebec City. 

That's why I do all my travel homework regarding if  flights are doable, affordable, or a royal headache prior to taking my shot at tix whether it be PJ or any band.  Depending on where one lives some cities just will not work.  Once I have my game plan set in place, I then set up refundable rooms on Booking.com.  For St. Louis I had four reservations initially with a combo of dates pending on when I may want to arrive or leave.  If the show was just a rumor and it never happened...I cancel.
    Post edited by sean9769 on
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• Options
    sean9769 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:

That's why I do all my travel homework regarding if  flights are doable, affordable, or a royal headache prior to taking my shot at tix whether it be PJ or any band.  Depending on where one lives some cities just will not work.  Once I have my game plan set in place, I then set up refundable rooms on Booking.com.  For St. Louis I had four reservations initially with a combo of dates pending on when I may want to arrive or leave.  If the show was just a rumor and it never happened...I cancel.
    Same
    here. An 8 hour drive isn’t terrible.  If the flights drop I ll fly.  

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    So tickets are all sold.  Let’s get some fall rumors!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    I am curious if and when they do a fall how Ohana is going to split it up. Are they going to tour before or/and after? And how is Global citizen going to happen the same week as Ohana?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    PJNB said:
    I am curious if and when they do a fall how Ohana is going to split it up. Are they going to tour before or/and after? And how is Global citizen going to happen the same week as Ohana?
    I would guess the fall tour will start after Ohana .  Maybe mid October, similar to 2013. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    I would guess the fall tour will start after Ohana .  Maybe mid October, similar to 2013. 
    Probably but also wonder if they are going to try and fit it all in before the election too.

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    mcgruff10 said:
    sean9769 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:

Same

Same. I could also do one way with a rental I guess? 16 hours to OKC - I can break it up by staying with a family member in Nashville or a night at a motel. Baltimore was going to be a 6 hour drive. No Philly show shot the demand through the roof. 8 in a day is my max. I'm making an exception for PJ. It's been 7 years since I've seen them & I'm up for an adventure. 

That's why I hope NC gets a date or 2 in the Fall. Where I live it's only a 2 hour drive as opposed to 4 hours at any of the VA venues. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:
    Unless you’re a recipient of a DUI. 
  • Options
    anybody work for air canada or united?
  • Options
    KswheelerKswheeler Philadelphia Posts: 72
    Citizens bank park is a great concert venue I hope they do it 
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Why?  You know there's a good chance Ed wont be there this year.  He's already confirmed at Global Citizens in NY that same Saturday. Doubt he flies cross country the next day just to perform a 30-40 minute set.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,119
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:

Not looking to drive 18 hours round trip. Does not fit in with life responsibilities. Flights to Quebec  are running $450 and up. Nothing direct from NYC, have to fly from Jersey. Add hotel, cabs and incidentals I might as well pay $1000 on stub hub. 

this is not “nyc entitlement” as @ecdanc notes above. Just make an attempt to line up supply with demand. Or don’t and either play in front of some empty seats while 50,000 are chasing Ticketmaster’s running man or the silly expectation ”fans shouldn’t scalp but instead pay hundreds and hundreds to travel.”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Kswheeler said:
    Citizens bank park is a great concert venue I hope they do it 

No rear stage seats and big enough to get everyone in.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CBP would be awesome but after the the two shows in 2016 I’d prefer 2 at Wells Fargo. 
  • Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Detroit, Toledo..or both please!

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    mcgruff10 said:
    sean9769 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:

Same

I drive 10 hours to golf in Myrtle every fall, it’s not bad at all. Especially with someone else with you 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    sean9769 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    kst said:
    ecdanc said:

Same

I drive 10 hours to golf in Myrtle every fall, it’s not bad at all. Especially with someone else with you 
    Good to know. Just my wife and I...did I mention no kids?!?! Lol

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    You can listen to Dance of the Clairvoyants 109 times on the way to your destination.  8 hours.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    JimmyV said:
    We penciled in a September 19th wedding date yesterday, so Pearl Jam playing Boston that weekend is probably set in stone.

So you got them as your wedding band...nice.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    kaseylily said:
    Detroit, Toledo..or both please!

Toledooo!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016