Options

Dreamforce -Eddie Vedder

Comments

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    He's still using that promo shot of him from 2013.  Seems about right in the world of PJ...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    leebug87 said:
    demetrios said:
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe it's being streamed?

Would be cool. Though Ed's 2014 performance wasn't aired. https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/231149/eddie-vedder-salesforce-private-show/p1

Yeah, but that was a private show for the top sales people of the company during a retreat, this is more of a public conference. I'm still seeing if I could get in and then debating if its worth it to fly across country round trip in one day haha
    Cool! That private show venue was pretty good in size.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    "Not able to attend Dreamforce in San Francisco this year? You can still join us virtually with millions of other Trailblazers on Salesforce LIVE! #DF19"

You won’t want to miss a moment. For the complete four-day live schedule, please visit Salesforce LIVE.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    edited November 2019
    But what is Eddie Vedder there to speak about? 

or is he just there to play music? So it's just a corporate gig for $$$?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,543

I think Eddie has learned that if you wait for government to act, it won’t get done.  Corporations though are flush with cash.  If he wants a donation to his EB foundation, he can try to get 1,000 people to donate 100 dollars each, or can network with corporate CEO’s and and get one to donate $100,000.   So he plays a corporate gig and they donate to a charity he likes.  Or he takes the money and donates it.  The CEOs are In his phone now and every year he can reach out for donations to causes.  This is what I think is going on.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    edited November 2019

I think Eddie has learned that if you wait for government to act, it won’t get done.  Corporations though are flush with cash.  If he wants a donation to his EB foundation, he can try to get 1,000 people to donate 100 dollars each, or can network with corporate CEO’s and and get one to donate $100,000.   So he plays a corporate gig and they donate to a charity he likes.  Or he takes the money and donates it.  The CEOs are In his phone now and every year he can reach out for donations to causes.  This is what I think is going on.  

:)

Sounds resonable

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479

He can discuss the band's economic model of counteracting diminishing returns from touring and making new music by ramping up merch production.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

Before you write off all corporations as evil boogeymen and all musicians who support them as bought stooges, do you have any idea how much Salesforce does to give back to local and global communities? There's plenty of philanthropic alignment between what Salesforce does and who EV is known to be. 

https://www.salesforce.org/philanthropic-programs/

As people grow up, they might recognize that the people with the $$$ are the ones who can disproportionately affect change. Or, in other cases, they'd rather create their own narratives and assume the worst in each other (even in spite of evidence to the contrary). 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    If you miss the live broadcast you can still view the repeated video streams over @ https://www.facebook.com/dreamforce/ .

• Options
    Where’s the secret San Francisco show? 😀
  • Options
    Mikechine said:
    It was at the Chapel two years ago. It was so secret no one knows the full setlist.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,438
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    benjs said:

Before you write off all corporations as evil boogeymen and all musicians who support them as bought stooges, do you have any idea how much Salesforce does to give back to local and global communities? There's plenty of philanthropic alignment between what Salesforce does and who EV is known to be. 

https://www.salesforce.org/philanthropic-programs/

As people grow up, they might recognize that the people with the $$$ are the ones who can disproportionately affect change. Or, in other cases, they'd rather create their own narratives and assume the worst in each other (even in spite of evidence to the contrary). 
    When did I do any of that of which you speak off?
  • Options
    Mikechine said:
    It was at the Chapel two years ago. It was so secret no one knows the full setlist.
    I’ll head there now!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    I don't see EV on the streaming schedule, right?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    He starts in 10 minutes. Have a friend that is there that works for sales force 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

Cool!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    very cool.  Lucky crowd
  • Options
    Friend of a friend is there. :)

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Hubby is there. Stage set for a great night it seems. So jelly right now while I’m back here in TX lol! 
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832

2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    There's some people from our company at Dreamforce this year. Officially jealous as fuck right now.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options

• Options
    That stage is terrifying.
  • Options

Setlist: Keep Me in Your Heart (Warren Zevon), Wildflowers (Tom Petty), Here Comes the Sun (Beatles), Rise, Can’t Keep, Porch

• Options
    This falls under the EV No recording policy. Vids reported.
    slh