Options

Dreamforce -Eddie Vedder

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    edited November 2019
    This falls under the EV No recording policy. Vids reported.
    slh

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 17
    edited November 2019

It actually doesn’t as I was there and everyone was taking pics and filming. Eddie was a guest of Salesforce. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,438
    Seabird said:

It actually doesn’t as I was there and everyone was taking pics and filming. Eddie was a guest of Salesforce. 
    I was driving today and most of the people on the road were exceeding the speed limit.  So... does that mean the law doesn’t apply and we can’t get a ticket?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    demetrios said:
    Eddie is definitely drinking the corporate Kool-Aid now, literally.  
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

I was driving today and most of the people on the road were exceeding the speed limit.  So... does that mean the law doesn’t apply and we can’t get a ticket?
    If he was really being a hard ass about cameras and filming it would have been advised on the way into the theater.  Again he was a guest of the conference and taking a $150K appearance fee so he can’t really set the rules like one of his own shows. If it was a deal breaker he didn’t have to show up.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

If he was really being a hard ass about cameras and filming it would have been advised on the way into the theater.  Again he was a guest of the conference and taking a $150K appearance fee so he can’t really set the rules like one of his own shows. If it was a deal breaker he didn’t have to show up.
    anyone remember this?:

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,438
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

Pretty sure he can claim copyright violation and have any videos removed.   Accepting an appearance fee doesn’t nullify his right to take down any videos.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    vaggar99 said:
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

anyone remember this?:

or he learned that with his and the bands stature they have the ability to try and shift people that have the ability to pull financial levers to do things that are helpful beyond just their bottom line to do well in business.

if we are in a world where it is a zero sum game and all "corporations" are bad, then we have no fundamental understanding of world economics and geo-politics.  

working feverishly and positively within the system to make changes is far more useful than just barking at it like a junkyard dog hoping for something to happen.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Seabird said:

It actually does. Vids will be reported and removed.
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Am i supposed to be outraged that a professional musician took a gig....for money???

Remember when Kurt Cobain complained to Danny Goldberg about needing to sell more records and being pissed that PJ was on MTV more than them....gasp!  These guys like paychecks just like us!! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    Am i supposed to be outraged that a professional musician took a gig....for money???

Remember when Kurt Cobain complained to Danny Goldberg about needing to sell more records and being pissed that PJ was on MTV more than them....gasp!  These guys like paychecks just like us!! 
    But isn’t this the same guy that fought Ticketmaster 25 years ago?  ;)
    totally agree with you. It really isn’t rocket science to realize a musician should be paid to perform. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

anyone remember this?:

or he learned that with his and the bands stature they have the ability to try and shift people that have the ability to pull financial levers to do things that are helpful beyond just their bottom line to do well in business.

if we are in a world where it is a zero sum game and all "corporations" are bad, then we have no fundamental understanding of world economics and geo-politics.  

working feverishly and positively within the system to make changes is far more useful than just barking at it like a junkyard dog hoping for something to happen.

Great freaking post!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302

Remember when Kurt Cobain complained to Danny Goldberg about needing to sell more records and being pissed that PJ was on MTV more than them....gasp!  These guys like paychecks just like 
    https://youtu.be/KSSvzCNBvlQ
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    I have no problem with anyone making what someone will pay them. My own frustration is that Ed or PJ could make the same money playing a show for ticket buying fans. 

I’d love to hear the interview though. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,071
    TH113769 said:
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

anyone remember this?:

Great freaking post!
    Agreed!  One of the better more thought out posts on this forum. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited November 2019
    Ya know salesforce does a lot of social causes. All their employees are required to volunteer a couple times a year. Its not like he went and did it for Exxon. He is friends with the ceo so who knows if he even got paid or all the money went to EB or another worthwhile cause. Jesus. Give it a rest. 

And no I don’t work for salesforce 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

anyone remember this?:

or maybe he just does what suits him at the time?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    vaggar99 said:
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

anyone remember this?:

Image result for grown up gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Seabird said:
    on2legs said:
    Seabird said:

anyone remember this?:

Image result for grown up gif
    yeah and adulthood is a bitch.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    I don’t care what Ed does but I would appreciate if the fan club could give us til a weekend to at least see the YouTube Before banning it. I get u don’t want it shared and all that but when u immediately ban it, u make it so only the really rich got to see it. And that’s not cool or the point is it?
  • Options
    Right now I’d love to see here comes the sun from this night. 

Save all the toys. For the little rich boys. 
  • Options
    I’m reading Marc Benioff’s latest book “Trailblazer” and the Salesforce corporate vision of stakeholders being as important as shareholders would be something EV would align with.  It’s a good read, highly recommend it.  Corporations with a conscience... quite a concept.  
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I don’t care what Ed does but I would appreciate if the fan club could give us til a weekend to at least see the YouTube Before banning it. I get u don’t want it shared and all that but when u immediately ban it, u make it so only the really rich got to see it. And that’s not cool or the point is it?
    I don't understand this either.  Obviously, Eddie can make decisions about his own product, but his policy is enforced to such an extreme that it feels very fan unfriendly.  The banned grainy footage was recorded by multiple attendees with shaky, hand-held cellphones.  No one is going to profit by posting these clips.
    04-11-94. The Boston Gahden.  Boston, MA
    10-02-96. The Meadows.  Hartford, CT
    08-29-00. Tweeter Center.  Mansfield, MA
    07-02-03. Tweeter Center.  Mansfield, MA
    03-27-11. Tres Mts (with Jeff and Mike).  Paradise Rock Club.  Boston, MA  
    06-16-11. EV solo tour.  The Wang Theater.  Boston, MA
    09-03-11. Alpine Valley. PJ20.  East Troy, WI
    09-04-11. Alpine Valley. PJ20.  East Troy, WI
    09-04-18. Fenway Park.  Boston, MA
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    A guest at a conference hosted by large company performs cover songs written by other artists. Someone from the audience films the thing. Filming has been not been forbidden by the organiser of the event. Who owns the rights to the footage? 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    edited November 2019
    RS65573 said:
    I don't understand this either.  Obviously, Eddie can make decisions about his own product, but his policy is enforced to such an extreme that it feels very fan unfriendly.  The banned grainy footage was recorded by multiple attendees with shaky, hand-held cellphones.  No one is going to profit by posting these clips.
    Apparently, this performance is Not For You. Or me. Or any of us.
    I went to Bloc Party at the Masonic on Wednesday night and had a blast. I was just a few miles away from Ed, but I've never felt as far away from my fandom of Ed as I do right now.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I went to Bloc Party at the Masonic on Wednesday night and had a blast. I was just a few miles away from Ed, but I've never felt as far away from my fandom of Ed as I do right now.
    that last statement.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    RS65573 said:
    that last statement.
    Indeed.