Comments

• Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    edited November 2019
    JM144705 said:
    jets521 said:
    MEMPHIS PLEASE

Not nashville. MEMPHIS

(i moved here recently and am bummed by lack of major tours coming through town....)

But I'll travel if I have to!!!!!!!
    I'd be down for a Memphis show. The wife and I were just talking about wanted to visit Graceland!
    PJ did Memphis in '14.  Most likelt Nashville at Bridgestone Arena or Festival for the next few visits.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    .wbutler29 said:
    JM144705 said:
    Bgantt said:
    Are we thinking the US will just get stadium shows?
    Not at all. I believe I'm in the minority when I said I don't mind stadium shows at all. I have a feeling that they will have a mixture of stadium and arenas. Some markets will not warrant a venue the size of a stadium. 

Chicago will not get another arena show.  Too much proven success and connection to the organization.  Seattle in the same boat until Key arena reno is done.  More and more ball parks are jumping on the band wagon for concerts.  Shows appear to be running typically from May-August.  Any PJ us touring before or after will give us some arenas and based on some of the speculation, we could get a fall '20 run.  This lines up with Euro June-July, US stadiums July-Aug, US/Canada arenas Fall.  Just trying to piece the puzzle together.  Still holding out hope for a W/SW US run in the spring.

Wasn't the solid rumor that they'd be overseas summer and states before the election? I do not recall seeing the rumor that states are a summer option?
  • Options
    .wbutler29 said:
    JM144705 said:
    Bgantt said:
    Not at all. I believe I'm in the minority when I said I don't mind stadium shows at all. I have a feeling that they will have a mixture of stadium and arenas. Some markets will not warrant a venue the size of a stadium. 

Chicago will not get another arena show.  Too much proven success and connection to the organization.  Seattle in the same boat until Key arena reno is done.  More and more ball parks are jumping on the band wagon for concerts.  Shows appear to be running typically from May-August.  Any PJ us touring before or after will give us some arenas and based on some of the speculation, we could get a fall '20 run.  This lines up with Euro June-July, US stadiums July-Aug, US/Canada arenas Fall.  Just trying to piece the puzzle together.  Still holding out hope for a W/SW US run in the spring.

Wasn't the solid rumor that they'd be overseas summer and states before the election? I do not recall seeing the rumor that states are a summer option?

Had some chatter about Wrigley was happening again.  That was the only solid summer rumor.  If it is true, it lends itself to a handful of stadiums, then a fall run.  Rumored stadiums included: Philly, Minnesota so far, but no real evidence behind them.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited November 2019
    wbutler29 said:
    JM144705 said:
    Bgantt said:

Chicago will not get another arena show.  Too much proven success and connection to the organization.  Seattle in the same boat until Key arena reno is done.  
    I was just thinking about the venue situation in Seattle.  Yeah they’ll probably do T-Mobile Park, but there’s also white river amphitheater.  It’s an OK venue about 45 minutes from Seattle, but can be a pain in the ass to get to and from. 

Edit: just looked and it only holds 16,000 so probably not lol
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    wbutler29 said:
    JM144705 said:
    Bgantt said:

Chicago will not get another arena show.  Too much proven success and connection to the organization.  Seattle in the same boat until Key arena reno is done.  
    I was just thinking about the venue situation in Seattle.  Yeah they’ll probably do T-Mobile Park, but there’s also white river amphitheater.  It’s an OK venue about 45 minutes from Seattle, but can be a pain in the ass to get to and from. 

Edit: just looked and it only holds 16,000 so probably not lol
    We only went to White River once.  Holy crap did it take forever.  I remember it being a long stretch of single lane road before the venue, and it took forever to get in/out through traffic.  Way worse than the gorge.  We made jokes that even though its geographically closer than the gorge it takes just as long to drive to :)
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    This is the first I've heard of Target Field as a rumor, but I would gladly go to that. I've said it before, but I've flown to Chicago too many times in recent years. It's a wonderful city, but I want to take vacations other places as well.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 520
    Crickets. Kinda sucks
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    Midwest? (not Chicago)
    If you want the midwest, then you definitely want Chicago.   Being from the Chicago area, if they DONT play chicago, then I will likely travel to the next closest show or 2.  

If you have 2 Chicago shows, its less likely I would travel.  This would make tickets to other shows not only easier to get, but better seats, presumably. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 475
    There will be US shows in Ohio, Wisconsin, Penn, Michigan, and Florida.  Maybe Alaska, if Jeff has his way.
    And Arizona (hopefully!) .... 

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    My wife and I are seriously considering moving to AK after visiting this summer. She has a few jobs there that she can xfer to, and I work from home, only checking into the office once a year or so. So if they play there, wait until after we move lol.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    jets521 said:
    MEMPHIS PLEASE

Not nashville. MEMPHIS

(i moved here recently and am bummed by lack of major tours coming through town....)

But I'll travel if I have to!!!!!!!
    I would love to have an excuse to go back to Memphis. It's one of my favorite cities. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 377
    My wife and I are seriously considering moving to AK after visiting this summer. She has a few jobs there that she can xfer to, and I work from home, only checking into the office once a year or so. So if they play there, wait until after we move lol.
    It would be next level if you moved to AK to coincide with PJ dates. Super fandom at its finest!! :)
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    So what USA cities are due?
    Columbus and Cleveland hasn't had them since Backspacer.
    The west coast last saw them in 2013.

It would be foolish for them not to go to the usual northeast cities, given the new record.

So... something similar to 2013, but August/September and November?
    I do not think we will get 2013 if they are doing the 15 or so shows rumoured in Europe. 

Three North American "away" cities over 50 months.

Every NA city is significantly overdue other than Chi & Bos. And we're probably getting less shows as Europe gets its second tour in 3 years. 

Edit,

2nd Euro tour over 3 years. I can hardly count to 3.
    Second tour in two years.....

I am with you and do not get it. 2016 was a decent size tour but that will be 4 years ago. If I was a betting man before these Euro shows started to be rumoured I would have said album in the spring and NA tour to follow. Now neither look like they are true. 
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Priorities for the next US tour (in my opinion)

-Proper West coast run (Vegas would be badass)
    -Make up Raleigh, NC
    -Obscure Midwestern cities 
    -Texas
    -I hope for Florida but I doubt it
    -Canada needs some love too
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 822
    DSTRUB said:

-Make up Raleigh, NC
    -Texas
    Post of the year.  Couldn’t agree more!  
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    ^Maybe that was more of a “wishlist” ha
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    JBC7913 said:
    I got it from my friends, sister’s Uncle Sam, that his cousin’s pastor knows someone who will remain anonymous within his congregation(for obvious reasons) that his wife’s boss got told there will be shows somewhere on planet earth in 2020. Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I was told! 
    I read on Alternative Nation that on the Pearl Jam 10Club site in the forum section on a tour rumor thread that people were speculating the band would tour in 2020 and that one member confirmed it.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    vedpunk said:
    DSTRUB said:

-Make up Raleigh, NC
    -Texas
    Post of the year.  Couldn’t agree more!  
    Agreed! :)
  • Options
    Mike definitely put some shade on any 2020 tour plans and especially of a potential new album. His PJ answers in yesterday's RS interview gives the impression that PJ is the hobby in between projects and not vice versa 
  • Options
    Mikes blowing smoke about the album at least.  They pretty much say the same shit over and over until the thing is being pressed lol

the tour comment was a little odd, mike is usually gives pretty optimistic answers about shows.
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    VOLARE said:
    JBC7913 said:
    I got it from my friends, sister’s Uncle Sam, that his cousin’s pastor knows someone who will remain anonymous within his congregation(for obvious reasons) that his wife’s boss got told there will be shows somewhere on planet earth in 2020. Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I was told! 
    I read on Alternative Nation that on the Pearl Jam 10Club site in the forum section on a tour rumor thread that people were speculating the band would tour in 2020 and that one member confirmed it.
    Lol. One things for sure! Those who know, know! 
  • Options
    Other than Hawaii, California is where it's at. Hang Ten
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,912
    It’s Mikes job to throw water on the fire. People in the euro thread are piecing together the tour so he trying his best to bury the rumours. Album is the same. As for the album Mike stated they were recording, it sounded different and he was excited to be back together with the guys again. It’s happening.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    It’s Mikes job to throw water on the fire. People in the euro thread are piecing together the tour so he trying his best to bury the rumours. Album is the same. As for the album Mike stated they were recording, it sounded different and he was excited to be back together with the guys again. It’s happening.

Hope you are right.

Over in the "EU Tour" topic many are interpreting Mike's interview as almost confirming EU tour and also no NA tour.

To think they would play their second consecutive EU tour and skip NA completely meaning no full NA tour in 5 years.

Considering they'd be staying silent right before a controversial US president faces his (hopefully) only reelection would be strange. 
  • Options

Hope you are right.

Over in the "EU Tour" topic many are interpreting Mike's interview as almost confirming EU tour and also no NA tour.

To think they would play their second consecutive EU tour and skip NA completely meaning no full NA tour in 5 years.

Considering they'd be staying silent right before a controversial US president faces his (hopefully) only reelection would be strange. 
    I’m not giving up on spring dates until spring comes lol.  I Just looked at the 2010 tour announcements: Europe tour starting in June was announced dec 2009.   US tour started in May was announced in March 2010... a whole 2 months notice lol
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    VOLARE said:
    JBC7913 said:
    :lol:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746

Hope you are right.

It's ok. Let Ed tour Europe again 4 year's straight. (Ed solo '17, PJ '18, Ed solo '19, PJ '20). It's pretty sad his tour manager is having a hard time booking Ed solo shows & Pearl Jam shows in the USA & Canada.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Hope you are right.

It's ok. Let Ed tour Europe again 4 year's straight. (Ed solo '17, PJ '18, Ed solo '19, PJ '20). It's pretty sad his tour manager is having a hard time booking Ed solo shows & Pearl Jam shows in the USA & Canada.

?
  • Options
    Without home/away, the last USA tour was 2016...and I doubt it happens (except Wrigley and Fenway and maybe the other festivals) if the Paris attacks happen.

Before that, the last tour was 2014.

A "real" USA tour happens next year. It has to.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 520
    Crazy how California is going on 7 years without a show. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15