Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    Some of you know you'll hear the announcement...say "I KNEW IT!!!"  and look around cause no one else around you cares. Then you'll make your lottery picks and change them 20x before they're due because "the odds are changing".
    My point has never changed. ...ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT, DON'T PLAY THE ODDS AND TRY TO OUTSMART THEM.
    You want Baltimore, request it. ETc ETc ET...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,961
    Go to the shows you want to go to but put in for reserved if you want a better chance at getting in the building. Especially for the shows I am going to and putting GA in for!
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Eventually this gets as sophisticated as Ebay and everyone waits till the last second to put in their choices and the odds all say 99% till the end.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I think everybody who wants GA should put in GA for their first and maybe second choice. Every choice after is usually (not always) a waste if you don't pick reserved. If you want to be up front, why not try for it?
  • Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43
    For those keeping score at home, the 8 a.m. concert announcement teased by KUPD in Phoenix is most likely for their annual UFest and not Rage. Which I'm fine with since my wallet is already giving me dirty looks with the PJ announcement coming tommorow at 11 a.m. haha
    I feel your pain! RATM and probably 4 PJ shows. I think I’m gonna need a second job...
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    (Face palm) Stop talking about what others should do...JUST DO WHAT YOU WANT!!! Stop trying to make it more confusing...JUST PUT IN THE KIND OF SEAT (or non-seat) YOU WANT!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,592
    (Face palm) Stop talking about what others should do...JUST DO WHAT YOU WANT!!! Stop trying to make it more confusing...JUST PUT IN THE KIND OF SEAT (or non-seat) YOU WANT!!
    And what if I want to go to both San Diego and Phoenix?  If Phoenix GA is 80% odds and San Diego GA is 20% odds, I’ll probably take a risk and put San Diego first and Phoenix second.  If San Diego odds for reserved though are 90% I may put Phoenix GA first and San Diego reserved second if my goal is to get in the buildings for both events.  If I’m going only to San Diego, and don’t care where I sit, then yes, pretty easy call to say San Diego Reserved.  

If you are going to one show, and it has to be GA or has to be reserved, then your simplistic view makes sense.  If you want to go to multiple shows, and you just want to be in the building, then maybe there are different choices to make depending on the odds and your risk tolerance.  

The odds may be so terrible this tour that you may only go after your first choice show and live it with it.  We’ll see, but need to see the odds first.  
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    I want to know the lottery combos that resulted in shut outs.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    edited January 2020
    It would be nice if they capped you on the amount of shows you win.  Let’s say, four per leg. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    molecule said:
    Got Euro announcement at 5:43 am EST. Hoping this one comes in early too!
    It won't. It might have been early for EST but to people in Europe it was about 11a-12p, and that's who it was for. 
    Good point. Mickey Mouse knows all. Lol.
    🤙
  • Options
    I am starting to think you can't take a joke....
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would be nice if they capped you on the amount of shows you win.  Let’s say, four per leg. 
    If somebody is winning their 5th pick, chances are it was at 99% and everybody who wanted it gets it. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    And what if I want to go to both San Diego and Phoenix?  If Phoenix GA is 80% odds and San Diego GA is 20% odds, I’ll probably take a risk and put San Diego first and Phoenix second.  If San Diego odds for reserved though are 90% I may put Phoenix GA first and San Diego reserved second if my goal is to get in the buildings for both events.  If I’m going only to San Diego, and don’t care where I sit, then yes, pretty easy call to say San Diego Reserved.  

If you are going to one show, and it has to be GA or has to be reserved, then your simplistic view makes sense.  If you want to go to multiple shows, and you just want to be in the building, then maybe there are different choices to make depending on the odds and your risk tolerance.  

The odds may be so terrible this tour that you may only go after your first choice show and live it with it.  We’ll see, but need to see the odds first.  
    Stop using logic. Go to the shows you want and put in what you want. What could go wrong!

Pick 1 MSG Night 1 GA
    Pick 2 Philly Night 1 GA
    Pick 3 MSG Night 2 GA
    Pick 4 Philly Night 2 GA

Gets shutout and hates 10 Club forever. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    If somebody is winning their 5th pick, chances are it was at 99% and everybody who wanted it gets it. 
    Yeah but they could have gambled on a low percentage show and won.  I just think it spreads the wealth out more like the old days. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 889
    PJNB said:
    Go to the shows you want to go to but put in for reserved if you want a better chance at getting in the building. Especially for the shows I am going to and putting GA in for!
    Yeah everyone just go ahead and do reserved this time around! 
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200

Crap! Flight leaves at 12:55 pm ET. Guess I’ll gave to pay for internet on the plane. 

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah but they could have gambled on a low percentage show and won.  I just think it spreads the wealth out more like the old days. 
    A low percentage show at 5th means that everybody who had it 1-4 got their tickets. Why would 10C hold or return those tix instead of letting the member buy them? 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,065
    edited January 2020
    Here's the odds from the last US arena tour in 2016...

Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,229
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If you're winning with your 5th, that means everyone who picked it 1st to 4th is in. At that point, you're just slugging it out with other road warriors. Anyone who needed that one show because it's their local or whatever got it.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    If you're winning with your 5th, that means everyone who picked it 1st to 4th is in. At that point, you're just slugging it out with other road warriors. Anyone who needed that one show because it's their local or whatever got it.
    Not if they got lucky with their number one pick.  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    sorry my odds picture is blurry.  Trying to fix it. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't follow what you're saying. What is the scenario you think is unfair or whatever?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't follow what you're saying. What is the scenario you think is unfair or whatever?
    I think limiting the amount of shows  will spread the wealth the wealth more.    One would pick shows differently if you know you are limited.  You might not chance msg or Toronto.  
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Thanks!
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    The best odds on that list were also the best shows

the line to quote this and fight about it starts here
    |
    |
    V
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:

Thanks!
    There won’t be any 99%ers this time.  
  • Options
    That picture was taken about 5 or 10 minutes before the lottery signups ended too. 

• Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    JojoRice said:

Thanks for posting this. I went way back in this thread earlier today to look for these pics you posted but they didn’t have Quebec shown. I decided to switch my tour plans up a little bit to add Ottawa/Quebec and I was curious of what those odds were in 2016. ‘Preciate it. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,788
    Mike D88 said:
    The best odds on that list were also the best shows

the line to quote this and fight about it starts here
    |
    |
    V
    Raleigh was cancelled... sooooo... :blush:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think limiting the amount of shows  will spread the wealth the wealth more.    One would pick shows differently if you know you are limited.  You might not chance msg or Toronto.  
    Oh...I see. Eh...I think they want to sell as many tickets as they can without overthinking it. I'd be interested to know what percent of people are winning more than 4 shows as it is, though.