Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    @SandyRavage   Dude I can’t even imagine what you are going through after today. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,191
    TA243471 said:
    tdawe said:
    What is everyone listening to while they wait? Barclays 2 2013 for me.

Starting at Vault 1, hoping to get through 2 and 3 to finish out the work day.

Well, Vault 3 just finished playing, and I leave the office in 14 minutes.  Worked out just right.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1,
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    mcgruff10 said:
    @SandyRavage   Dude I can’t even imagine what you are going through after today. 
    😂

comatose?
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Welp. In dimi I trust because I just booked a flight for my lady and I never ever do this without shows being announced first.  I’ll either learn my lesson and have a vacation without pj or I’ll breathe a sigh of relief in a week or two.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    😂

comatose?
    I cant imagine what monday is gonna look like.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    Welp. In dimi I trust because I just booked a flight for my lady and I never ever do this without shows being announced first.  I’ll either learn my lesson and have a vacation without pj or I’ll breathe a sigh of relief in a week or two.
    Please tell me California... 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    PJ Wrigley update: Zac Brown just announced for Saturday September 12th. That is all. Back to the new album craziness.
  • Options
    Setting: PJ executive meeting
    "So, how do we promote this album?"
    "How about an instagram fliter?"
    "Great! We can put billboards around the world!!!"
    "This will be the GREATEST ALBUM TEASE OF ALL TIME!!!"
    "What do we want the filter to do?"
    "Uhhhhhhhh, maybe some running waterfalls and a few seconds of a song?"
    "FANTASTIC!!!!"
    I'm holding off assuming this is the album cover and name... I'd be curious to see if the video that plays with the filter changes tomorrow... I could see the ice melt getting progressively worse each day until the official album announcement - presumably on Monday.  I just have my doubts right now that this is the album cover - especially given that it isn't their original artwork.  Also, seems like quite a waste of a campaign / filter just to have it come alive like that and then be all done and over with. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    euchrid said:
    RF283499 said:
    You have to figure Pearl Jam are Rush fans. 
    Not too sure about that. I don’t think Rush was too influential on the Seattle music scene as they were a progressive rock act.  In fact, I remember and interview where Kim Thayil said Mark Arm called Soundgarden the “Rush of Seattle” at one time sarcastically as Arm was j own to do. Kind of a shot if you will. 
    Thayil said he responded “what? I don’t even have any of their records” and laughed. 

I will say, even people who hate Rush will say they are amazing musicians.  I am a huge Rush fan and have 2112 on the turntable right now. RIP Neil. 
    Geddy Lee was sitting side stage at last Toronto show and https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lpzigpWK8/
    Respecting a fellow musician and being a fan/influence are two different things. All I’m saying. 
    You don’t hear Rush being played on Sirius as an influence but the Stones, Neil Young, Beatles, Zeppelin, the Who, etc. are played constantly.  

If they are fans, I will happily stand corrected. 🤙.  The early 90s alternative scene was all railing against the “pretentious” rockers with the huge drum sets and wild stage shows... 
    Well we know they're fans of extremely understated performers such as KISS and The Who.
    Once again... I’m talking about the progressive rockers. Genesis, Yes, King Crimson.  They aren’t cited as influences by the band (at least not that I’ve ever heard).  90s alternative was a backlash against that and the 80s hair metal. 
    I remember,  I was in Grade 10 the first time I heard Janes Addiction, the Chilis, Dinosaur Jr., etc. All around 1989-90.  
    I’m not arguing, I’d love to be wrong. It’s just how I remember that time period. 
    I honestly don't know, either. It's funny, though - I definitely associate Rush with more traditional classic rock bands vs prog. I mean, I know they're proggy but Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio and all that jazz was in heavy rotation with Zeppelin, The Who, etc. on the classic rock stations I grew up with. 

And as a side note, I love Rush and this really sucks.

Rush was very prog in the 70s. I recommend La Villa Strangiato to any music fan interested in experiencing a highly influential Rush prog song. Plus it's an instrumental for falsetto avoidance music fans. Numerous musicians cite that song as influential.

As far as "pretentious" I'll let Neil take that in his own words:

"We’ve always had the impression that people are just as smart as we are, so if we can figure this stuff out, that they can, too, you know, and we’re not being that, that terrible, damning word, “pretentious”. We’re not pretending anything. This is really what turned us on this year, you know. Lyrically, it’s always been a reflection of my times and the times I observe, but everyone is a reflection of me."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    PJNB said:
    yep.  San Fran/Oakland 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 577
    Yeah, weekend!!
    Longest weekend ever. 
  • Options
    smiths24smiths24 Charleston, SC USA Posts: 24
    stanudes said:
    Making its way across Baltimore airwaves…
    What venue do we think they'll play? 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    yep.  San Fran/Oakland 
    Nice that is going to be one hell of an end to the tour. 
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    Have vacation set for 4/15 to 4/20.  Like I subconsciously screwed myself out of California dates.  So frustrating.  Will have to scramble to hit other shows.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    I tried to relate to a Rush fan by saying I liked Pearl Jam and he said “oh you like grunge” 😑
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    This is in Chile...” Gigatron” in upper left, Thanks Twitter!

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    smiths24smiths24 Charleston, SC USA Posts: 24

I'm thinking about doing some extra work for the next weeks till spring tour 😂😂 
    That's hilarious! I'm out of leave due in part to going on part of the euro tour, that I was just wondering what conference I could attend in Nashville or St Louis just to get time off and a paid hotel 🤣
  • Options
    So was there an email today?  I never got one. 
  • Options
    So I just received an email from 98 KUPD (AZ rock radio Station) saying major concert announcement Monday.  This lines up with the rumored 13 announcement.
  • Options
    And I just found the email in my junk folder.  
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,274
    Local radio in Phoenix just blasted the major concert announcement monday. 
  • Options
    Same was in my spam folder
  • Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43
    Phoenix 
  • Options
    Fuck that is early Monday. Not much of a wait now guys!!! FUCKING HYPED!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    MS52945 said:
    Phoenix 
    Phx is PST or MTN 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Fuck that is early Monday. Not much of a wait now guys!!! FUCKING HYPED!!!!!!!!
    That's from Phoenix, so 10 eastern, still earlier that I expected
  • Options
    YoyomaYoyoma Posts: 20
    I’m looking forward to hearing WWS make a comeback this tour given recent events. Love that song live !
    'If you follow every dream, you might get lost' - N.Y.
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:
    MS52945 said:
    Phoenix 
    Phx is PST or MTN 
    MTN. 

• Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43
    wbutler29 said:
    MS52945 said:
    Phoenix 
    Phx is PST or MTN 
    Mountain right now. Don’t shoot the messenger if it’s not PJ but it’s quite a coincidence if it’s not...
  • Options
    MS52945 said:
    wbutler29 said:
    MS52945 said:
    Phoenix 
    Phx is PST or MTN 
    Mountain right now. Don’t shoot the messenger if it’s not PJ but it’s quite a coincidence if it’s not...
    Has to be it. Do radio stations usually get the announcement first or 10 Club drops it at the same time I wonder?