Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It's absolutely got everything to do with the global warming crisis. Environment is nearly on life support. 
    I bet Greta gets a tambourine 
    HOW DARE YOU!

I shouldn’t be here....
  • Options
    It's absolutely got everything to do with the global warming crisis. Environment is nearly on life support. 
    I bet Greta gets a tambourine 
    HOW DARE YOU!

I shouldn’t be here....
    This is all wrong!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
     "This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school, on the other side of the ocean, going to all of those Pearl Jam shows in Europe this summer!!!”
  • Options
    Setting: PJ executive meeting
    "So, how do we promote this album?"
    "How about an instagram fliter?"
    "Great! We can put billboards around the world!!!"
    "This will be the GREATEST ALBUM TEASE OF ALL TIME!!!"
    "What do we want the filter to do?"
    "Uhhhhhhhh, maybe some running waterfalls and a few seconds of a song?"
    "FANTASTIC!!!!"
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    "FANTASTIC!!!!"
    It's not like they needed to burn cash reaching out to people on the messageboard... good on them for doing something that was more interesting than a 10c email.
  • Options
    tschav said:
    "FANTASTIC!!!!"
    It's not like they needed to burn cash reaching out to people on the messageboard... good on them for doing something that was more interesting than a 10c email.
    I actually think it is cool.  Just not as grand of a scale as everybody expected when they opened it.  
  • Options
    Im sure I just cant figure it out and i'm the idiot, but I am super excited!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    ShinyPearl421ShinyPearl421 Posts: 28
    edited January 2020
    Trying to decipher the mind fucks 🤣🤣
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    So I just left a very wet parking lot in Belltown. A bunch of bewildered fans walking around asking, "Are you getting anything?" Hilarious! Can't wait for next week's announcement.

Super sad news about Neil Peart. Saw them on the Moving Pictures tour, and then several times after that including their last two shows at the Gorge. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    edited January 2020
    I have received a presale announcement in Toronto at Scotiabank Arena for MONDAY.  The email specifically says that the artist cannot be announced until Monday as mandated by the Tour.  There it is.  No info on the date of the show.
    Post edited by mjb on
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    mjb said:
    I have received a presale announcement in Toronto at Scotiabank Arena for MONDAY.  The email specifically says that the artist cannot be announced until Monday as mandated by the Tour.  There is is.  No info on the date of the show.
    Hmm??
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    mjb said:
    I have received a presale announcement in Toronto at Scotiabank Arena for MONDAY.  The email specifically says that the artist cannot be announced until Monday as mandated by the Tour.  There it is.  No info on the date of the show.
    Would they do a presale before 10c auction? Have they before? I'll admit, I don't know.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,225
    Just to get ahead of things..

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    mjb said:
    Would they do a presale before 10c auction? Have they before? I'll admit, I don't know.
    It's a season ticket holder announcement.  For certain seatholders they own the license to that seat.  They get first opportunity to reserve that seat to any show.
  • Options
    mjb said:
    mjb said:
    It's a season ticket holder announcement.  For certain seatholders they own the license to that seat.  They get first opportunity to reserve that seat to any show.
    Gotcha. Thanks. 
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    edited January 2020
    So once again the insiders were right :) 
    Can't wait for the new music! 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    RF283499 said:
    You have to figure Pearl Jam are Rush fans. 
    Not too sure about that. I don’t think Rush was too influential on the Seattle music scene as they were a progressive rock act.  In fact, I remember an interview where Kim Thayil said Mark Arm called Soundgarden the “Rush of Seattle” at one time sarcastically as Arm was known to do. Kind of a shot if you will... that Soundgarden wasn’t punk enough. 
    Thayil said he responded “what? I don’t even have any of their records” and laughed. 

I will say, even people who hate Rush will say they are amazing musicians.  I am a huge Rush fan and have 2112 on the turntable right now. RIP Neil. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    edited January 2020
    As if we didn’t already know, but…
    “NEXT WEEK WE ARE ON!!!!!!” 
    Pumped doesn’t even describe my level of excitement! 

Post edited by stanudes on
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
    Merged posts into an existing topic. ty
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    euchrid said:
    RF283499 said:
    You have to figure Pearl Jam are Rush fans. 
    Not too sure about that. I don’t think Rush was too influential on the Seattle music scene as they were a progressive rock act.  In fact, I remember and interview where Kim Thayil said Mark Arm called Soundgarden the “Rush of Seattle” at one time sarcastically as Arm was j own to do. Kind of a shot if you will. 
    Thayil said he responded “what? I don’t even have any of their records” and laughed. 

I will say, even people who hate Rush will say they are amazing musicians.  I am a huge Rush fan and have 2112 on the turntable right now. RIP Neil. 
    Geddy Lee was sitting side stage at last Toronto show and https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lpzigpWK8/
    Respecting a fellow musician and being a fan/influence are two different things. All I’m saying. 
    You don’t hear Rush being played on Sirius as an influence but the Stones, Neil Young, Beatles, Zeppelin, the Who, etc. are played constantly.  

If they are fans, I will happily stand corrected. 🤙.  The early 90s alternative scene was all railing against the “pretentious” rockers with the huge drum sets and wild stage shows... 
    Well we know they're fans of extremely understated performers such as KISS and The Who.
    Once again... I’m talking about the progressive rockers. Genesis, Yes, King Crimson.  They aren’t cited as influences by the band (at least not that I’ve ever heard).  90s alternative was a backlash against that and the 80s hair metal. 
    I remember,  I was in Grade 10 the first time I heard Janes Addiction, the Chilis, Dinosaur Jr., etc. All around 1989-90.  
    I’m not arguing, I’d love to be wrong. It’s just how I remember that time period. 
    I honestly don't know, either. It's funny, though - I definitely associate Rush with more traditional classic rock bands vs prog. I mean, I know they're proggy but Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio and all that jazz was in heavy rotation with Zeppelin, The Who, etc. on the classic rock stations I grew up with. 

And as a side note, I love Rush and this really sucks.
  • Options
    I haven't got the newsletter yet... Am I not in the next round?   :scream:
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    so pre sale for the toronto show is monday with a 2 hour window to pick them up . not transferable or resellable . mobile entry only. this is for premium platinum seat holders(ticket licenses ) they didn't say who the artist is but we know who it is.  
  • Options
    so its all on like dimi said. always trust the greek ghost. never doubted for a minute.
  • Options
    Dimi just gave a last warning on Facebook to "join or renew memberships".

Monday is indeed announcement day!!!
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    I haven't got the newsletter yet... Am I not in the next round?   :scream:
    Same still no newsletter
  • Options
    foodboy said:
    so its all on like dimi said. always trust the greek ghost. never doubted for a minute.
    Never doubt the Greek. I figured out the Canadian leg of this tour from his hints about 100 pages ago. 
  • Options
    i am so frustrated as i would have had seats for toronto for sure but won't be here. i'll be in arizona one month ahead of when they are supposed to be there. somethings telling me this isn't meant to be.  
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    foodboy said:
    so pre sale for the toronto show is monday with a 2 hour window to pick them up . not transferable or resellable . mobile entry only. this is for premium platinum seat holders(ticket licenses ) they didn't say who the artist is but we know who it is.  
    When all the arenas are announced, it might be beneficial to note whether each arena has these type seats.
    I don't know what section these are in, but it might push 10 Club reserved seats back a little bit.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758
    foodboy said:
    Image result for nickelback thumbs up
  • Options
    Just need confirmation for Toronto on March 18th, plane tickets I need to buy
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."