Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,253
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saying that, let's also agree if no announcement this week that would be the shortest notice of a tour in a long time.

Some of the rumored cities are not lock down sell outs, based on history. Not that I dont think this tour wont 100% sell out. It should.

Since the promoter would be shelling out close to $10 million up front to PJ (or on the hook for it), it's in Live Nations best interests to get the announcement and presales rolling and promoted asap if this is indeed real. Somebody please cue the DimiBatSignal.
    What shows don’t sell out?
    i m thinking Ottawa, Nashville, St. Louis , ok city, and one night in la

Any Saturday show will sell out

No way an LA show doesn't sell out
    There will be tickets that don't sell right away... those damn platinum seats/flex pricing
    Does pj need to approve of flex pricing or is that a regular thing nowadays?
    Pricing is approved by band/management. 

No way Anti Ticketmaster Boy approves dynamic pricing. 

Pearl Jam sells tickets for $125. End of discussion.
  • Options
    SALLYROO said:
    Fucking awesome!! Phish really having phun still !!! WOW
    I want to play the off topic game as well  ;)
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saying that, let's also agree if no announcement this week that would be the shortest notice of a tour in a long time.

Some of the rumored cities are not lock down sell outs, based on history. Not that I dont think this tour wont 100% sell out. It should.

Since the promoter would be shelling out close to $10 million up front to PJ (or on the hook for it), it's in Live Nations best interests to get the announcement and presales rolling and promoted asap if this is indeed real. Somebody please cue the DimiBatSignal.

Neither la show in 2013 sold out.  

As a Brooklyner, I could stare at this comment for decades and not understand.

In Brooklyn one needs to secure a Home Equity Line of Credit to secure a ticket if he or she does not win the lottery.

Brooklyn  is way overdue for a residency.

Not sold out? How is that possible?
    Not enough tickets were sold. ;)
    Hahaha, I don’t know why that is so funny to me:) Sounds like what I would say to my wife.  
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saint Louis didn’t sell out in 2014 and I believe it was a weekend show with no Chicago show. 
    Quebec City, Hamilton, and of course Toronto will sell out with ease. Ottawa was close in 2016. I bet with a new album it might this go around. 
    Hamilton sold out in 2011 but they didn’t sell seats behind the stage.  All depends on what you consider a sell out.  

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

In Brooklyn one needs to secure a Home Equity Line of Credit to secure a ticket if he or she does not win the lottery.

Impossible. They can sell out 20 dates in Brooklyn.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    PJNB said:
    A little bit in advance, but how do golden circle tickets work? Are they available for every show, and are they 10c only or for the general public too? 
    Only 10 Club gets the GA tickets for NA's traditional arena shows unless there is reserved up front like Fenway or if they announce a show after the draw like Toronto night 2 2016 or Amsterdam this year. It is different than Europe where in Europe the general public can get in the front pit too but 10 Club gets early access to it there. 

The exception would be Missoula which had 10C GA up front and general public GA in the back.

But even then, they had a divider and it wasn't early entry or anything like that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saint Louis didn’t sell out in 2014 and I believe it was a weekend show with no Chicago show. 
    That was a tour that had Moline and Milwaukee dates......
    I think people vastly overestimate how many people actually travel for shows. 

Cincinnati 2014:
    Someone left Toronto, went to the show, immediately drove back to Toronto and missed maybe one day of work.

There was at least one(?) group from NJ.

I saw a Brazilian flag... I'll admit this doesn't mean anything, but knowing how PJ fans travel...

Of course the Wishlist people travel to most every show.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Quebec City, Hamilton, and of course Toronto will sell out with ease. Ottawa was close in 2016. I bet with a new album it might this go around. 
    Did Quebec City sell out when you went?
    Ya it was the first to sell out not named NY,Philly,Toronto  from 2016. 
    Do you remember if there were tix available a couple of hours after the the general public sale started?   In other words how long did it take to sell out? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cincinnati 2014:
    Someone left Toronto, went to the show, immediately drove back to Toronto and missed maybe one day of work.

I saw a Brazilian flag... I'll admit this doesn't mean anything, but knowing how PJ fans travel...

People travel, sure. But mcgruff is right. When you break it down to percentages, it's not as many as people just assume. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hamilton sold out in 2011 but they didn’t sell seats behind the stage.  All depends on what you consider a sell out.  

If TicketMaster (or whoever the original seller is) runs out of tickets, it's sold out. This includes "day of" drops. If TM resale tickets are available, it's not sold out.

If certain sections aren't made available for sale, they don't count.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do you remember if there were tix available a couple of hours after the the general public sale started?   In other words how long did it take to sell out? 
    I believe it was a couple of days before selling out. It was not instant or that day for sure. Hamilton will be very comparable I think and will sell out for sure. 
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cincinnati 2014:

I drove 7 hours to that show, and 7 more back overnight and went straight to work. Totally worth it!
  • Options
    The Cisco KidThe Cisco Kid Pennsylvania Posts: 9
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If TicketMaster (or whoever the original seller is) runs out of tickets, it's sold out. This includes "day of" drops. If TM resale tickets are available, it's not sold out.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ticketmaster-prices-scalpers-bruno-mars-1.4826914
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

There will be tickets that don't sell right away... those damn platinum seats/flex pricing

If the show isn’t sold and there are a lot of tickets 3-4 days before damn straight live nation would kick in dynamic pricing. 

The band gets the same $$$ regardless. Live nations wants people in the building to buy overpriced beer. 

Not that I for one second thing is would happen with them in general. 

Example, Misfits sold out Newark no issues.  Then they played the Garden months later. Prices dropped big time and they ended up selling it out.  They got their 1 million guarantee regardless of how much the tickets went for. 
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Why wouldn't somebody reselling their tickets on TM not still be a sell out?  Did the band not get their money?
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If the show isn’t sold and there are a lot of tickets 3-4 days before damn straight live nation would kick in dynamic pricing. 

The band gets the same $$$ regardless. Live nations wants people in the building to buy overpriced beer. 

Example, Misfits sold out Newark no issues.  Then they played the Garden months later. Prices dropped big time and they ended up selling it out.  They got their 1 million guarantee regardless of how much the tickets went for. 

OK, $125 or less. I misunderstood. I thought we were talking about trying to sell certain tickets for a large premium, like bands do now.

no way Ed approves Platinum or VIP pricing after taking a career defining stance on ticket prices in his 20s.

to think an artist like PJ would need to drop prices is unfathomable.

to think PJ will not sell out an arena to a New Yorker is unfathomable.

they are hurting themselves by not playing more shows in the Big Apple.

supply and demand or some junk like that.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So for the band, it doesn’t matter if it sells out because they get the same regardless?  However the band dictates ticket price?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    mcgruff10 said:

STL sells out for sure. Only 4 hours from Chicago. I was thinking Nashville would maybe be the 3rd highest demand behind NYC & Baltimore. 

That had me thinking about Hamilton being my best bet because fewer people have passports and it's further from most bigger cities. I figure mor New Yorkers would venture to the rumored Ottawa/Quebec City shows.

I am:
    5 hours from STL
    6½ hours from Hamilton
    7 hours from Nashville
    Hamilton is less than an hour from the 4th largest city in North America.  
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So for the band, it doesn’t matter if it sells out because they get the same regardless?  However the band dictates ticket price?
    Yup.  Some  bands they get huge chuck for the entire tour if it say 30-40 dates and thats it. Piece of the merch etc.  ticket sales don’t matter. All about the guarantee 

I got black crowes tickets day they went on sale at PNC in NJ and two days later since the show was selling well seats right next to me that a friend was looking at were 20 bucks more.  It goes both ways. 

Live nation just wants to get their nut back at least so whatever they have to do. Why ya think all the summer shed shows around March have a 20 buck lawn sale. They want you in the building. 
    Post edited by JP218404 on
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I believe it was a couple of days before selling out. It was not instant or that day for sure. Hamilton will be very comparable I think and will sell out for sure. 
    Thanks bro, 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Now we're rethinking STL. If OKC happens, that's about the same distance from KC & it would be a cheaper trip because we'd get a place with friends. Hmmm. Once it's official, we'll need to make a choice pretty quickly.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    mfc2006 said:
    Now we're rethinking STL. If OKC happens, that's about the same distance from KC & it would be a cheaper trip because we'd get a place with friends. Hmmm. Once it's official, we'll need to make a choice pretty quickly.
    Matt, would you say kc is nicer than St. Louis? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was a Friday night. And Chicago had two closer shows coming up in Moline and Milwaukee. I didn't realize that didn't sell out, though. It was virtually sold out then. The place was packed. I bought my seats for that show from stubhub, since I lost the lottery and I didn't find anything from ticketmaster.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    If there's only 3 or 4 shows in the USA east of St. Louis - I think they're all going to be brutal tickets to get. St. Louis might be one of the worst with it being a Saturday night.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    SALLYROO said:
    @Rubysdad we’ve been asking something like this for yearsss.

please take note :)
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Matt, would you say kc is nicer than St. Louis? 
    I'm a bit biased, but I think so. STL is a great city, though and we always have fun when we go there. It's primarily my wife's schedule that has me rethinking STL over OKC. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Wasn’t there a tour where they pulled sales for certain sections and put black tarps over them due to low sales? Asia ‘03 (or ‘00)?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Im 3.5 hours from Nashville and 7 hours from St Louis. Looking forward to a PJ road trip!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Impossible. They can sell out 20 dates in Brooklyn.
    Not back to back. Maybe one show a month ala Billy Joel style.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    MUZIK said:
    SALLYROO said:
    @Rubysdad we’ve been asking something like this for yearsss.

please take note :)
    Would have loved to been there.  Seen them over 50 times and never on nye
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.