Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,481
    mrvector said:
    what's the consensus on the venue for the rumored 3/30 NYC show? MSG is hosting the NCAA Elite Eight on 3/29 (day and night) and the NCAA NIT Final Four on 3/31. I know crazier transformations have happened there, just seems a little wild to deconstruct the entire basketball tournament set up for one day just to put it back up again. Barclays is out given the Nets have a home game that date. What other venues are in play? 
    I’m pretty sure the band and promoter will kick them a few million for the trouble.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Tuesday is the day. 
    The Away Shows were announced on a Wednesday.  Maybe that’s the magic day.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,481
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Lottery winners?
    Those numbers need to be entered on the website everyday or it will explode.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,267
    JimmyV said:
    4 8 15 16 23 42

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,902
    Damn I hate that finale.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Guessing Colbert appearance would precede both album release and Sirus/Apollo show.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    JimmyV said:
    Carpe Diem, Pearl Jam!
    Carpe Dimi?!
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,926
    PJNB said:
    Damn I hate that finale.

The show suffered from going on for too long for sure, and the finale wasnt great. But I thought that particular season finale was tremendous! The flash forwards were a great change up
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Lost! My fav show. But what does it mean? Haha
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it just make sense for them to announce the tour on the 10th with the newsletter? Not sure if there was a reason people thought it would be today but the fact that the 10th is on a Friday and it would give the weekend to the fan club and the public on sale starts sometime the next week seems fairly streamlined for the powers that be at the Ten Club. Work smarter not harder. 
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    Wouldn’t it just make sense for them to announce the tour on the 10th with the newsletter? Not sure if there was a reason people thought it would be today but the fact that the 10th is on a Friday and it would give the weekend to the fan club and the public on sale starts sometime the next week seems fairly streamlined for the powers that be at the Ten Club. Work smarter not harder. 
    I think most of the speculation has been on next Monday. But a few rumors said public sale on 1/13, which would mean an announcement before then. Still could be later this week. At this point, the odds only increase each day. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    I think it was just prior speculation about rumors of the public sale being on the 13th, even though it's a Monday. And prior lottery announcements/starts for N.A. came at the beginning of the week and lasted about 6 days. Plus many members have said that have historically not announced tours on the 10th with the newsletter, although anything is possible.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    MUZIK said:
    On another note

Phish is doing NYE @ the garden and Trey Anastasio gave Vedder a shout-out! 
    What did he say?
    He was lifted into the air on some riser and it got stuck. They had to pause the show. As the crew was working to fix the problem, Trey says 'I could use an Eddie Vedder stage dive right now', or something like that.
    Friend of mine was there.

If you fast forward to 26:55 min mark you hear Trey refer to EV :)

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    PJNB said:
    Damn I hate that finale.

The show suffered from going on for too long for sure, and the finale wasnt great. But I thought that particular season finale was tremendous! The flash forwards were a great change up
    That show didn’t think it would last after the first season and they just started making stuff up. Got a little more focused later. Hated the finale 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,522
    They could always just send the newsletter early, too.   

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,649
    JP218404 said:
    PJNB said:
    Damn I hate that finale.

That show didn’t think it would last after the first season and they just started making stuff up. Got a little more focused later. Hated the finale 
    Loved the final episode. 
  • Options
    I think it was just prior speculation about rumors of the public sale being on the 13th, even though it's a Monday. And prior lottery announcements/starts for N.A. came at the beginning of the week and lasted about 6 days. Plus many members have said that have historically not announced tours on the 10th with the newsletter, although anything is possible.

But with Europe this tour they gave just a few days before the public on sale. And I was wondering if they did that intentionally to maybe limit the amount of extra people in the lottery everyday adds to maybe help up the odds for people living in the vicinity of the venue. If people are given extra days then they can plan travel easier adding more people in the mix for tickets that are truly designed to go to the most amount of Ten Club members in that area as possible. (This coming from a guy in KC MO that has TC tickets to see them in Berlin and Denmark) 
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    I'm surprised altnation hasn't released the PJ tour sched yet... do they know something we don't ?!?!?!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166

Previous announcements:

2020 Europe Tour- 12.01.19

2018 Home & Away-01.22.18
  • Options

Previous announcements:

Edit- 

2018 Home Shows-01.22.18

2018 Away Shows-01.24.18
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490

Previous announcements:

Edit- 

2018 Home Shows-01.22.18

2018 Away Shows-01.24.18
    Edit
    2020 Europe Tour- 01.12.19

2018 Home Shows-22.01.18

2018 Away Shows-24.01.18

• Options
    2016 Tour- 01.19.16

Can we officially agree to bifurcate the 10th from all tour announcements?
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    2016 Tour- 01.19.16

Can we officially agree to bifurcate the 10th from all tour announcements?

+1
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Saying that, let's also agree if no announcement this week that would be the shortest notice of a tour in a long time.

Some of the rumored cities are not lock down sell outs, based on history. Not that I dont think this tour wont 100% sell out. It should.

Since the promoter would be shelling out close to $10 million up front to PJ (or on the hook for it), it's in Live Nations best interests to get the announcement and presales rolling and promoted asap if this is indeed real. Somebody please cue the DimiBatSignal.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    JP218404 said:
    PJNB said:
    Damn I hate that finale.

Loved the final episode. 
    Agreed. It was an ending with total integrity - a show that baffled if you wanted events to be real-world logical, but was really all about the characters. The end summed that up so perfectly - live or die, the whole point was the way connections defined these people.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Saying that, let's also agree if no announcement this week that would be the shortest notice of a tour in a long time.

Some of the rumored cities are not lock down sell outs, based on history. Not that I dont think this tour wont 100% sell out. It should.

Since the promoter would be shelling out close to $10 million up front to PJ (or on the hook for it), it's in Live Nations best interests to get the announcement and presales rolling and promoted asap if this is indeed real. Somebody please cue the DimiBatSignal.
    They should wait longer if you ask me. Closer to the show date the better chance for local ten club members to get tickets to their local shows. Knocks out a lot people for traveling. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,902
    edited January 2020
    benjs said:
    JP218404 said:
    PJNB said:
    Damn I hate that finale.

Loved the final episode. 
    Agreed. It was an ending with total integrity - a show that baffled if you wanted events to be real-world logical, but was really all about the characters. The end summed that up so perfectly - live or die, the whole point was the way connections defined these people.
    Leftovers was a great series and had a great finale for Lindelof. Check that out if you have not seen it. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Sure it helps local fans, but we are getting to a very short window between ticket on sales and performances. 

The promoter usually guarantees a big chunk of change and wants to make sure every ticket is sold. Seems silly for easy sellouts like PJ, but you never know.

Plus they have to make sure logistics and staffing is all accounted for, etc. Lots of behind the scenes work.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:
    JP218404 said:
    PJNB said:
    Damn I hate that finale.

Loved the final episode. 
    Leftovers was a great finale for Lindelof. Check that out if you have not seen it. 

Was that original gif from lost?