2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    I can’t think of why this wouldn’t work for all involved?

Make MSG 10c only. Remaining tickets for day of show at box office

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    So I care about Phoenix now.  What are the venues they could possible play?
    If it is on the 11th, Gila River arena in Glendale

Sweet.  Close to the airport.

Sidenote:  In high school some friends and I went to Burger King.  We ordered 5 Gila burgers.  When the driver thru worker said, "What?", we responded, "Oh, this isn't Gila King?"    I hadn't thought about that in about 20 years. Dumb kids.  

Glendale is NOT closer to the airport than Phoenix 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2020
    So I care about Phoenix now.  What are the venues they could possible play?
    If it is on the 11th, Gila River arena in Glendale

Sweet.  Close to the airport.

Sidenote:  In high school some friends and I went to Burger King.  We ordered 5 Gila burgers.  When the driver thru worker said, "What?", we responded, "Oh, this isn't Gila King?"    I hadn't thought about that in about 20 years. Dumb kids.  

Glendale is NOT closer to the airport than Phoenix 

I'm still cool with 20 miles.   Ah, Talking Stick Arena is right there near the airport.  Wow. 

I've got hotels booked for the 10th and 11th to have both nights covered. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,396
    Hopefully PHX will will be an easy ticket to  get through 10C with a lower choice. If I remember correctly in ‘13 they did a second chance drawing. On the subject of venues they’ll play in LA (and we know it’s 99.9999% The Forum), I’m a little surprised there has been no mention of the Toyota Arena out in Ontario. It’s a kick ass little arena 40 miles west of DTLA with about an 11,000 capacity for concerts. It’s where the LA Kings’ AHL affiliate play. Great building with good sound. I’ve seen both Metallica and Neil Diamond among others there and every time I go see a hockey game there I have a vision....

Hopefully PHX will will be an easy ticket to  get through 10C with a lower choice. If I remember correctly in ‘13 they did a second chance drawing. On the subject of venues they’ll play in LA (and we know it’s 99.9999% The Forum), I’m a little surprised there has been no mention of the Toyota Arena out in Ontario. It’s a kick ass little arena 40 miles west of DTLA with about an 11,000 capacity for concerts. It’s where the LA Kings’ AHL affiliate play. Great building with good sound. I’ve seen both Metallica and Neil Diamond among others there and every time I go see a hockey game there I have a vision....

LET'S GO GULLS!!!! (AND DUCKS)
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,396

Nope.

Nope.
    Dudebro? lol...
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    It's killing me that the Nashville show will be wrestlemania weekend. Been saying for a couple years with wife that's where we wanted to travel to next for a PJ show next. Guess it'll have to wait until the next time. Let's hope we get the official announcement tomorrow! 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    Are we thinking announcement tomorrow or the 13th???

I'm thinking the 13th, but hoping for tomorrow

If Alt Nation says public on sale is Jan 13 and fan club and presale are the week before, you can take that to the bank.

that revered publication has become the Unofficial Mouthpiece of Pearl Jam. UMOPJ.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614

If Alt Nation says public on sale is Jan 13 and fan club and presale are the week before, you can take that to the bank.

that revered publication has become the Unofficial Mouthpiece of Pearl Jam. UMOPJ.

LMFAO HA HA HA HA HA Love it.    B)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Are we thinking announcement tomorrow or the 13th???

It's the new Deep magazine.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I absolutely love U2 but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play the same set and say the same lines every night. Too scripted for me.  Just my two cents. 
    I absolutely love (this other band) who changes about ten original songs on the setlist nightly but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play nine covers a show and shine white lights into the fan's eyes. And the singer says different lines every night. Lots of them. In between gulps of red wine. Not scripted enough for me.  Just my two cents. 

;-)
    I never pegged you as a nickelback fan.  Cool cool. 

Close.

More of a Staind fan. At least they can pick a decent cover

http://youtu.be/ALu5cl6iV8Y
    I love the first 2 major label Staind albums. The very first album is ok. But are awesome. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I absolutely love U2 but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play the same set and say the same lines every night. Too scripted for me.  Just my two cents. 
    I absolutely love (this other band) who changes about ten original songs on the setlist nightly but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play nine covers a show and shine white lights into the fan's eyes. And the singer says different lines every night. Lots of them. In between gulps of red wine. Not scripted enough for me.  Just my two cents. 

;-)
    I never pegged you as a nickelback fan.  Cool cool. 

Close.

More of a Staind fan. At least they can pick a decent cover

http://youtu.be/ALu5cl6iV8Y
    I love the first 2 major label Staind albums. The very first album is ok. But are awesome. 
    Those are my favorites by far. You should check out their last album too, self titled. It's a throwback to their original sound and a good mix between those 2.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • kaikaikaikai Posts: 55

The UMOPJ 😂 I laughed entirely too hard. Thanks.
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    Happy Possible PJ 2020 NA Tour Announcement Day!   .....or  not....  :)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Drdeal said:
    Fingers crossed!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    no hint
    no reminder
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    It feels like we're still a week away. But that wont stop me from checking in from work 16 times today!
  • Drdeal said:

Hope so.. Waiting, rather impatiently. Lol

• awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    And didn't we already get a membership hint last newsletter or several newsletters ago, or was that solely for more merch?
  • awilkins said:
    And didn't we already get a membership hint last newsletter or several newsletters ago, or was that solely for more merch?

That was for the Euro tour
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    They just announced a tour a few weeks ago. Don't see why they need another hint...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    They just announced a tour a few weeks ago. Don't see why they need another hint...
    Good point.

Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. 
  • awilkins said:
    Good point.

Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. 
    I hope we find out today!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830

This is a great idea, but the venue/promoter/others would never allow it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    edited January 2020
    Yefa said:
    It really is hilarious how some PJ fans on Facebook are convinced that all these dates are not going to happen.

Agreed. They're thinking "the really smart ones are booking Europe" and "maybe a few stadium shows in the fall" and "no new album" and "it's too quick to make an announcement" and that.

Oh well... they'll be booking more expensive rooms.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

This is a great idea, but the venue/promoter/others would never allow it.

Find a venue that will allpw it and let Sirius sponsor if they wish and give them a small cut of tickets.

My brother has a nice backyard. He'd love to have a show there. Strict 10PM curfew.
    Yefa said:
    It really is hilarious how some PJ fans on Facebook are convinced that all these dates are not going to happen.

Agreed. They're thinking "the really smart ones are booking Europe" and "maybe a few stadium shows in the fall" and "no new album" and "it's too quick to make an announcement" and that.

The second the announcement hits flights and rooms double?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,956
    Tuesday 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Yefa said:

The second the announcement hits flights and rooms double?
    No... airlines don't double based on a band tour..lol.
    Places like Oakland and Inglewood which are generally the least fancy motels closest to venues WILL raise prices