2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    Anyone know of a great place to stay in Phoenix? 
    I guess it depends where they play. If they are gila river or talking stick. I guess the shed is in play for Phoenix in April if they wanted to go that route. The arenas arent close here if its Gila River Arena look up Westgate glendale. If its talking stick there are a number of downtown hotels in walking distance 
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    so if you had a choice of going to the rumored sirius show or the msg show which one would you choose?

• Yefa said:
    It really is hilarious how some PJ fans on Facebook are convinced that all these dates are not going to happen.

Agreed. They're thinking "the really smart ones are booking Europe" and "maybe a few stadium shows in the fall" and "no new album" and "it's too quick to make an announcement" and that.

Oh well... they'll be booking more expensive rooms.

The second the announcement hits flights and rooms double?
    No... airlines don't double based on a band tour..lol.
    Places like Oakland and Inglewood which are generally the least fancy motels closest to venues WILL raise prices
    Unless you are going from Krakow to Budapest...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,956
    foodboy said:
    so if you had a choice of going to the rumored sirius show or the msg show which one would you choose?

Msg.  All day long. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Anyone know of a great place to stay in Phoenix? 
    I guess it depends where they play. If they are gila river or talking stick. I guess the shed is in play for Phoenix in April if they wanted to go that route. The arenas arent close here if its Gila River Arena look up Westgate glendale. If its talking stick there are a number of downtown hotels in walking distance 
    Many thanks. 😊
  • Thinking I may check out St. Louis.  See a cardinals game that afternoon and then the pj show that night.  I’ve never been to Busch stadium and I really enjoy sitting in seats so 10 hours or so seated is right up my alley
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    foodboy said:

msg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • How confident are we on the date for Hamilton? What would be the venue there?

I was thinking STL or Nashville. But now I'm thinking Nashville may be the 2nd most in demand show. Thinking my odds may be better in Hamilton. It's also a bit closer than Nashville and a little further than STL.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    How confident are we on the date for Hamilton? What would be the venue there?

I was thinking STL or Nashville. But now I'm thinking Nashville may be the 2nd most in demand show. Thinking my odds may be better in Hamilton. It's also a bit closer than Nashville and a little further than STL.
    First Ontario Centre.  Great venue for a concert and its downtown. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hamilton date is pretty solid.
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316
    Thinking I may check out St. Louis.  See a cardinals game that afternoon and then the pj show that night.  I’ve never been to Busch stadium and I really enjoy sitting in seats so 10 hours or so seated is right up my alley
    It's mystery bobble head day too!
    Anyone thinking about St. Louis should book a room though, it's opening weekend for the Cardinals.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Thinking I may check out St. Louis.  See a cardinals game that afternoon and then the pj show that night.  I’ve never been to Busch stadium and I really enjoy sitting in seats so 10 hours or so seated is right up my alley
    I flew up there for ween a couple years ago and did the same. Really cool city for a couple days. Plenty to do and see and eat. Busch was fun too and they won on a walk off HR!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    edited January 2020
    Yefa said:
    It really is hilarious how some PJ fans on Facebook are convinced that all these dates are not going to happen.

Agreed. They're thinking "the really smart ones are booking Europe" and "maybe a few stadium shows in the fall" and "no new album" and "it's too quick to make an announcement" and that.

Places like Oakland and Inglewood which are generally the least fancy motels closest to venues WILL raise prices

Still...the smart ones booked refundable rooms...once the hotels realize they're starting to run out of rooms, no doubt they'll raise prices.

I didn't say they'd double, I just assumed prices would go up. If it's only $20/night, it's no big deal.

The haters and doubters? Well, they'll learn a lesson.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • stanudesstanudes Posts: 117
    edited January 2020
    Don’t think it’s today. Radio stations would be teasing it by now, no? All those cities rock stations would be having  “major concert announcement upcoming” tweets or “tune in at 10am for a major concert announcement” stuff like that I’d think. 
    Post edited by stanudes on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,956
    Yefa said:

Still...the smart ones booked refundable rooms...once the hotels realize they're starting to run out of rooms, no doubt they'll raise prices.

I didn't say they'd double, I just assumed prices would go up. If it's only $20/night, it's no big deal.
    Hotels and airlines have algorithms built into their pricing that automatically raises rates as inventory shrinks.  The algorithms don’t care why the inventory is shrinking, it just makes the adjustment. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• what time would they drop this announcement.......................
  • D-Rod said:
    How confident are we on the date for Hamilton? What would be the venue there?

First Ontario Centre.  Great venue for a concert and its downtown. 
    Thanks!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

I knew it was within a day or two.

I knew it was within a day or two.

I'm 95% sure it is 3-24
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    what really sucks is that i'm on vacation and hamilton is the only canadian show i can get to. first time since 93 i won't see pj in toronto. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    foodboy said:

Depends on where the Sirius show was being held. A smaller place (like the Apollo) and I think that'd be preferable to another MSG show just for the novelty/once-in-a-lifetime factor. But at some point as the venue gets bigger (like say Radio City) you'd probably be better off just going to the Garden.

But this got me thinking about another question - which one of these arrangements would be better:

1. Sirius show lottery is held AFTER the general US tour lottery, and is open ONLY to Ten Club members who got shut out entirely (or didn't enter at all) in the general.
    2. Sirius show lottery is held BEFORE the general US tour lottery, but if you enter the Sirius lottery you're not permitted to enter the general.

Not that they're going to do either one of them. But the first one I think would be a cool approach - it might make people think twice about how many entries they put into the general lotto, and definitely would take the sting out of getting shut out.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    tdawe said:
    foodboy said:

Depends on where the Sirius show was being held. A smaller place (like the Apollo) and I think that'd be preferable to another MSG show just for the novelty/once-in-a-lifetime factor. But at some point as the venue gets bigger (like say Radio City) you'd probably be better off just going to the Garden.

But this got me thinking about another question - which one of these arrangements would be better:

1. Sirius show lottery is held AFTER the general US tour lottery, and is open ONLY to Ten Club members who got shut out entirely (or didn't enter at all) in the general.
    2. Sirius show lottery is held BEFORE the general US tour lottery, but if you enter the Sirius lottery you're not permitted to enter the general.

Not that they're going to do either one of them. But the first one I think would be a cool approach - it might make people think twice about how many entries they put into the general lotto, and definitely would take the sting out of getting shut out.
    🖓🖓
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    joe159 said:
    Anyone thinking about St. Louis should book a room though, it's opening weekend for the Cardinals.
    Good point! Will book later this morning!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:
    joe159 said:
    Good point! Will book later this morning!
    If you book Drury Inn, use promo code SMILE
  • What shows are looking to be on a Saturday?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    Yefa said:

The haters and doubters? Well, they'll learn a lesson.
    I booked refundable rooms for all possible dates. The motels near concert venues DEF  go up more than $20 for big shows. 

Baltimore 3/28
    St. Louis 4/4
    Phoenix 4/11
    Oakland 4/18

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Sarava said:
    It feels like we're still a week away. But that wont stop me from checking in from work 16 times today!
        :lol: Ditto. Checking now.....see you in about an hour.... :look_at_the_time::bee::rock_on::peace:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!

Baltimore 3/28
    St. Louis 4/4
    Phoenix 4/11
    Oakland 4/18

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,196
    tdawe said:
    foodboy said:

Neither of those options for me. I'd prefer to see them lump it in with the other shows and really give people a decision. Short of that, keep it simple and make it a separate draw open to everyone.