2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    T minus 2 hours and 50 minutes
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    Yefa said:
    It really is hilarious how some PJ fans on Facebook are convinced that all these dates are not going to happen.

Agreed. They're thinking "the really smart ones are booking Europe" and "maybe a few stadium shows in the fall" and "no new album" and "it's too quick to make an announcement" and that.

Oh well... they'll be booking more expensive rooms.

The second the announcement hits flights and rooms double?
    No... airlines don't double based on a band tour..lol.
    Places like Oakland and Inglewood which are generally the least fancy motels closest to venues WILL raise prices

Still...the smart ones booked refundable rooms...once the hotels realize they're starting to run out of rooms, no doubt they'll raise prices.

I didn't say they'd double, I just assumed prices would go up. If it's only $20/night, it's no big deal.

The haters and doubters? Well, they'll learn a lesson.

My challenge is airfare seems to explode out of NY as soon as 20 or so additional bookings occur, outside the airlines "expected" bookings for that date. 1st world challenges.

Let's hope that email is 3 hours away! 
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    Everyone should probably just pass on Nashville, terrible town. Stay away  :)

just kidding. Pumped they're finally playing here again. Really want to do MSG also since that show looks like it might be on my birthday, but may have to miss out and try for another show or two instead
  • Brisk. said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    They have not announced anything yet....
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    That should be on a tour shirt this year....
    I’m lining up now.  

I am getting a tattoo on my hand of my GA line position.
    Are the list, the hand marks, and the people controlling this still a thing? Is it worth it to try and line up for GA if you’re not part of this strange system? Just curious if others have had negative experiences with lining up for GA early.

I heard it was a real problem last year at the Seattle stadium shows. Something about a van full of Aussies who have also been doing in at Wrigley. It was in one of the threads, so I think it's still a problem. 
    You should have heard them at Wrigley around the rain delay. They were clearing everyone out of the GA section and one of the alpha male types (a tall bald headed dude) was outwardly threatening to beat the fuck out of anyone who tried to take his spot when they allowed people back on the field. It felt very safe great to be around such scum. I get the annoyances, but we were all subject to the shitshow that was the 2nd Wrigley rain delay. But we all knew something like that was a risk the day of the show. That clown at the very least should have been removed from the stadium. 

Not sure if he was Aussie or not, but he was front & center and seemed to be with a decent sized group of people, sooo...

What a system, everyone should feel safe enjoying a show with fellow members.
    Every band seems to have the "front rail bullies" who feel entitled and travel in packs. And when the lead singer acknowledges them it empowers them. 
    True, they line up for days.... but until bands themselves care about the process it won't change. 
    Bruce does lottery and it's annoying but keeps the same people from being up front all the time. His org started it for that reason... he was tired of seeing same faces. 

I always find it puzzling  that you get people who queue up for 2 or 3 days then they just stand there at the rail completely emotionless, I don't think even singing. 

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would think they go for 1.10.20
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• setlist41setlist41 Posts: 451
    There's no announcement today
  • PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would think they go for 1.10.20

They typically don't really announce tours on the 10th tho.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,748
    If the rumor is the 13th for the announcement, it would make sense to have the newsletter say "make sure you're info is updated", and then say something a few days later. 

• setlist41 said:
    There's no announcement today
    Welp, there you have it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • I've seen the rumors regarding a potential 1/13 announcement but is there a reason we're all speculating about one today? It would be nice of course, and I'm hoping for it, just curious where the 1/6 source came from...
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • mrvector said:
    I've seen the rumors regarding a potential 1/13 announcement but is there a reason we're all speculating about one today? It would be nice of course, and I'm hoping for it, just curious where the 1/6 source came from...
    No source for any day, all speculation
  • mrvector said:
    I've seen the rumors regarding a potential 1/13 announcement but is there a reason we're all speculating about one today? It would be nice of course, and I'm hoping for it, just curious where the 1/6 source came from...

Radial21 said:
    From a very reliable source I know who’s in the ticket industry in PA:

No shows in Philly or Pitt for spring.  Pitt was apparently contacted about dates but couldn’t make anything work.  Hasn’t been ruled out yet for fall.

Public on sale date for spring will be 1/13.  This would suggest an announcement in early Jan for 10c presale if I’m guessing right

So I think this is where speculation of a 10C announcement today or tomorrow comes from.

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Pearljamonline.it also saying the 13th
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • mrvector said:

Radial21 said:

No shows in Philly or Pitt for spring.  Pitt was apparently contacted about dates but couldn’t make anything work.  Hasn’t been ruled out yet for fall.

Public on sale date for spring will be 1/13.  This would suggest an announcement in early Jan for 10c presale if I’m guessing right

So I think this is where speculation of a 10C announcement today or tomorrow comes from.

Snap! Forgot about that, thanks!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    If it were happening today we would be hearing radio chatter. Feels like the wait is going to go on a little longer. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 451
    JimmyV said:
    If it were happening today we would be hearing radio chatter. Feels like the wait is going to go on a little longer. 
    Absolutely no chatter...
  • Haha I can’t tell if dimi being absent all morning means anything.  With the lightning bolt announcement, the did the newsletter a day late and announced it via newsletter.  Maybe they’d Move it up a couple days and announce tomorrow.  Who knows?
    Did they say the public on sale is the 13th? Or announcement is the 13th?

If the public on sale is on the 13th, we will get a 10C announcement this week for sure. 

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

Did they say the public on sale is the 13th? Or announcement is the 13th?

If the public on sale is on the 13th, we will get a 10C announcement this week for sure. 

I was taking a look. I know that site typically has some solid info (so it seems) but some of it seems like it's just info they pull from these threads, so I have no idea.
  • Public on sale on a Monday? Is that normal? Or did jdizzle mean that was a 10C date?
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Whenever Public onsale is, I'd assume the 10 Club lotto is wrapped up at least a week prior, which also allows for promoters to have their pre-sales prior to the Public sale. So if 13th is a date, to me that would be the announcement date, and 10Club lotto entry beginning then. So public sale would be week of 20-24th? Seems like a very tight window until the first rumored date (not that they wouldn't sell out even if announced a week prior). 
  • Public on sale on a Monday? Is that normal? Or did jdizzle mean that was a 10C date?
    That's what I was going to ask. Monday for public on sale seems strange. It doesn't allow any room for a presale of any kind (like Ticketmaster Verified Fan). 
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    edited January 2020
    mrvector said:

Radial21 said:

I'd add to that the new city hints were very quiet for about 10 days after a flurry of activity before then.

Then  on saturday, okc was outright confirmed, very quickly, without the requisite weeks long "Spicy Guessing  Game."

It seemed our trusted source was looking to "clean up the books" before some tangible news dropped this week.

Also, this is the first full business week of the year after a long holiday and the last chance to give 2.5 months notice FWIW.

That, combined with Alt Nation acting as the UMOPJ, it seems this could be the week.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    I saw a rumor for public on sale for MSG on Jan 13th.  Only problem with that is that public onsales usually happen on a friday with radio presales, etc on the wed and thurs.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • KusyKusy Posts: 351
    edited January 2020
    IF public sale is on Monday 13th than that means the annoucement must be today (or this week)
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Headlining one of the dates of Boston Calling same weekend.
    Must be thrilled to be playing 2 festivals 3,000 miles apart on the same weekend.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    I don't know why you think there has to be radio chatter before..... usually radio puts their noise up a notch before public on sale date
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 493
    I'm sure they are thrilled about it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Mikemzl91 said:
    I'm sure they are thrilled about it.
    $$$

"...I changed by not changing at all..."