Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056

Sorry to use my first post with a question right off the bat...but are there any solid leads that we will have a NA tour next year? It's been a while since I've been to a show, also not sure about the flow of info/sources in here lol. I used to be a 10c member back in the day, got a new 10c number last week that is astronomically higher that my old one so things must have changed...do we still go to Stone's house to pick up 10c tickets, or did the band get bigger?

cheers

- Everyone assumes that they will play at least some shows, especially being an election year. No substantial leads on anything yet, though.

- For the ballpark shows last year, ticket distribution was all electronic. You were able to buy hard tickets as collectibles for a couple bucks after the tour was over. If they schedule shows, most likely either electronic again or the ol' Will Call method.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Sorry to use my first post with a question right off the bat...but are there any solid leads that we will have a NA tour next year? It's been a while since I've been to a show, also not sure about the flow of info/sources in here lol. I used to be a 10c member back in the day, got a new 10c number last week that is astronomically higher that my old one so things must have changed...do we still go to Stone's house to pick up 10c tickets, or did the band get bigger?

cheers

- Everyone assumes that they will play at least some shows, especially being an election year. No substantial leads on anything yet, though.

- For the ballpark shows last year, ticket distribution was all electronic. You were able to buy hard tickets as collectibles for a couple bucks after the tour was over. If they schedule shows, most likely either electronic again or the ol' Will Call method.

Thanks for the quick response! Ya I seem to recall that the system was always in place that I picked up the 10c tix the day of the show, but reading through the new lottery process info it definitely has changed lol

cheers!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915

cheers

Is your new number north of 700K?  I know they were getting close to that number awhile back. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited December 2019
    A good buddy of mine brought up a great point - 1)  They aren't doing a HUGE NA tour at all - they are already committed to a Euro tour and won't be doing a combined/large-scale Euro/NA tour in one year.  2)  One could logically assume a limited amount of stops, here in the States, and maybe in swing states (as having shows prior to the Election has already been "confirmed")
    Anyone hoping for a large scale NA tour I think is going to be greatly unhappy.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    JojoRice said:

cheers

Is your new number north of 700K?  I know they were getting close to that number awhile back. 

I just made the cut under 700K at 699xxx haha. Subtract about 500,000 and that was my old number lol. A few of my friends that have pearl jam on their bucket list also registered last week and made the under 700K cut.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    A good buddy of mine brought up a great point - 1)  They aren't doing a HUGE NA tour at all - they are already committed to a Euro tour.  2)  One could logically assume a limited amount of stops, here in the States, and maybe in swing states (as having shows prior to the Election has already been "confirmed")
    Agreed.  I think the Fall US run will probably be 10-15 shows with more US shows coming in the spring of 2021.

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    A good buddy of mine brought up a great point - 1)  They aren't doing a HUGE NA tour at all - they are already committed to a Euro tour.  2)  One could logically assume a limited amount of stops, here in the States, and maybe in swing states (as having shows prior to the Election has already been "confirmed")
    Agreed.  I think the Fall US run will probably be 10-15 shows with more US shows coming in the spring of 2021.
    I think it may even be closer to 8-10 - think...PA, MN, MI, FLA, GA, TX, WI, NC
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    I think it may even be closer to 8-10 - think...PA, MN, MI, FLA, GA, TX, WI, NC
    Being from Georgia, I'll gladly take those states!

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    And I'll take the MN!
  • Options
    Umm i'll take Canada? lol

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    A show or two any where's here in 2020 would be sweet!

• Options
    Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 308
    edited December 2019
    demetrios said:

I too am from the maritimes so that would be unreal but it will never happen. I’m just praying for Boston as I’ve never seen PJ before & they are one of the few bands remaining on the bucket list!
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that the band could possibly actually think it matters where they might play in the United States prior to the election...I mean, 95% of people at the show who actually vote are already going to vote for Bernie/Warren/whoever, maybe 4.9% will vote for the Stable Genius, leaving 0.1% for Eddie to try to "persuade" with a carefully chosen setlist or sharp political commentary between songs? 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

The dream: 3 night stand in St John's, 3 night stand at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax,  Fan Club only show at the Avenir Centre in Moncton :)

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I find it hard to believe that the band could possibly actually think it matters where they might play in the United States prior to the election...I mean, 95% of people at the show who actually vote are already going to vote for Bernie/Warren/whoever, maybe 4.9% will vote for the Stable Genius, leaving 0.1% for Eddie to try to "persuade" with a carefully chosen setlist or sharp political commentary between songs? 
    Agreed. A "swing state tour" is total fantasy. The band is clearly into maximizing $$$ while minimizing effort at this point in their career. I just don't see them going out of their way to play a series of shows in locations they don't normally play.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Look, it worked like a charm in 04. Someone get Tim Robbins on the horn and fire up the VFC bus.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pjl44 said:
    Look, it worked like a charm in 04. Someone get Tim Robbins on the horn and fire up the VFC bus.
    But 04 gave us this.

So, worth it, right?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:
    But 04 gave us this.

So, worth it, right?
    Despite my pithy comment, if they want to follow the same route as 04 I say Viva la VFC Part Deux and 2 more FleetCenter shows
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    pjl44 said:

cheers

Didn’t the same source that has nailed many tours on this forum including the current Europe tour state a few times a fall US tour is expected?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

cheers

Didn’t the same source that has nailed many tours on this forum including the current Europe tour state a few times a fall US tour is expected?
    I think so, but that's still a long way from substance for my taste
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    Agreed. A "swing state tour" is total fantasy. The band is clearly into maximizing $$$ while minimizing effort at this point in their career. I just don't see them going out of their way to play a series of shows in locations they don't normally play.

Except the key states to swing next year are all likely places they’d normally  play in a standard tour. FL PA OH MI WI being the most common. I agree get out the vote is a long shot to do anything but why not promise these 5 states or others a show if they flip in a winning effort. It costs nothing to promise and will get a lot of media attention. If they were into maximizing $$ they’d charge U2 prices ;-)
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    jeffbr said:

Except the key states to swing next year are all likely places they’d normally  play in a standard tour. FL PA OH MI WI being the most common. I agree get out the vote is a long shot to do anything but why not promise these 5 states or others a show if they flip in a winning effort. It costs nothing to promise and will get a lot of media attention. If they were into maximizing $$ they’d charge U2 prices ;-)
    Also because in FL and PA (two states I have lived in), the people who's votes they'd need to change to swing the state are more likely those who live in the rural areas outside of the major cities, and probably skew more to a Country music fan than a 30 year old rock band. 
  • Options

cheers

For the last USA tour in 2018, tickets were digital and on smartphones. For this Euro tour, tickets are physical paper and picked up at the venue.

The number is higher because people don't "move down" as others drop out. My number from January 2003 is 279xxx, but in reality, there are many "open spots" lower than me.

In 2018 at Fenway, Eddie mentioned the next time they'd be together would be in the studio. Those words combined with this tour seem to hint strongly at a new album being released some time before July 2019. That plus the election next year and things seem positive for a busy year next year.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,069
    I wish we had some indication if/when this tour would be. I’m in the U.K. and am planning to do a US family holiday in August and was hoping the US tour would be the same time. My instinct tells me it is unlikely it will be in August as that would give no break from after the Euro tour. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    jeffbr said:
    Yep.  Don't really see anything out of the ordinary happening next year just because it's an election year.  
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,069
    edited December 2019
    Did they give any indication last year of whether they are planning any US shows next year. At London last year EV clearly said “will be back for the Euros in 2020” and at Amsterdam earlier this year he said he “would be back in Europe with the main band next year”. Was anything similar mentioned in the US ball stadium shows last year?
    Post edited by drfox on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740

cheers

For the last USA tour in 2018, tickets were digital and on smartphones. For this Euro tour, tickets are physical paper and picked up at the venue.

The number is higher because people don't "move down" as others drop out. My number from January 2003 is 279xxx, but in reality, there are many "open spots" lower than me.

In 2018 at Fenway, Eddie mentioned the next time they'd be together would be in the studio. Those words combined with this tour seem to hint strongly at a new album being released some time before July 2019. That plus the election next year and things seem positive for a busy year next year.
    Also they now give numbers to members that sign up but are not paying. That spiked the numbers a lot especially when the posters where dropping in 2016 and 2018. 

He did say that was the next time they would be together but I still think that does not mean that new album is coming out before the Euro tour. Just because they were in the studio does not mean its near completion imo. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    For completely selfish reasons I hope they play Utah lol. Through the magic of DNA a family member found his Dad (my uncle) and I know have a 37 year old cousin in Utah I’ve never met who is a professional standup comedian. Have always wanted to visit Zion National Park so it would kill 3 birds with one stone! Lol

In all seriousness though, heard some comments about dropping 10k on a European trip, and my wife and I feel no shame in it. We work hard, give to several charitable organizations, help out the (almost) adult kids haha, save for retirement and pay our taxes. Our hobby is travelling and we don’t go out every weekend and spend $300-$400 on dinner and wine like many people we know. Couple of homebodies who are passionate about travel, nature, the environment, golf and PJ :) .
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    edited December 2019
    pjl44 said:

cheers

Our friend from Greece who has been a solid source over the years and was dialed in on recent euro tour has said they will definitely play US this year.  Not where, when, or how many shows, but they will play.  In Dimi we trust
    Post edited by wbutler29 on
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    jeffbr said:

Also because in FL and PA (two states I have lived in), the people who's votes they'd need to change to swing the state are more likely those who live in the rural areas outside of the major cities, and probably skew more to a Country music fan than a 30 year old rock band. 

Yes and no IMO. FL voting has been weird lately. The rural turnout has been off the charts excellent while the Miami to Palm Beach + Orl has been up slightly. The promise would be an attempt to get out the vote that aligns with Ed’s vote. Get the mediocre turnout regions in line with the rural parts of FL. Only looking for 1% change, if it were 5% I’d agree impossible

Sorry anti politics fans.