Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
     In Dimi we trust

Agreed 
  • Options
    Is it not out of the realm of possibility that we get a 2013-like Fall tour in the US, but short like the 2014 US tour? Something that starts around Fall festival time and they hit the bigger northern markets and swing through festivals in the south? Starts in October after baseball season ends (i hold ed to that statement he made in 2018) Voodoo? ACL? 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,664
    demetrios said:
    A show or two any where's here in 2020 would be sweet!

The dream: 3 night stand in St John's, 3 night stand at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax,  Fan Club only show at the Avenir Centre in Moncton :)

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    MAMIAST said:
     In Dimi we trust

Agreed 
    LGI

and in Dimi we trust. He got the Euro tour right...again 
  • Options

Sorry to use my first post with a question right off the bat...but are there any solid leads that we will have a NA tour next year? It's been a while since I've been to a show, also not sure about the flow of info/sources in here lol. I used to be a 10c member back in the day, got a new 10c number last week that is astronomically higher that my old one so things must have changed...do we still go to Stone's house to pick up 10c tickets, or did the band get bigger?

cheers

For the last USA tour in 2018, tickets were digital and on smartphones. For this Euro tour, tickets are physical paper and picked up at the venue.

The number is higher because people don't "move down" as others drop out. My number from January 2003 is 279xxx, but in reality, there are many "open spots" lower than me.

In 2018 at Fenway, Eddie mentioned the next time they'd be together would be in the studio. Those words combined with this tour seem to hint strongly at a new album being released some time before July 2019. That plus the election next year and things seem positive for a busy year next year.

Sorry to use my first post with a question right off the bat...but are there any solid leads that we will have a NA tour next year? It's been a while since I've been to a show, also not sure about the flow of info/sources in here lol. I used to be a 10c member back in the day, got a new 10c number last week that is astronomically higher that my old one so things must have changed...do we still go to Stone's house to pick up 10c tickets, or did the band get bigger?

cheers

For the last USA tour in 2018, tickets were digital and on smartphones. For this Euro tour, tickets are physical paper and picked up at the venue.

The number is higher because people don't "move down" as others drop out. My number from January 2003 is 279xxx, but in reality, there are many "open spots" lower than me.

In 2018 at Fenway, Eddie mentioned the next time they'd be together would be in the studio. Those words combined with this tour seem to hint strongly at a new album being released some time before July 2019. That plus the election next year and things seem positive for a busy year next year.

Thanks for the info!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited December 2019
    jeffbr said:
    I find it hard to believe that the band could possibly actually think it matters where they might play in the United States prior to the election...I mean, 95% of people at the show who actually vote are already going to vote for Bernie/Warren/whoever, maybe 4.9% will vote for the Stable Genius, leaving 0.1% for Eddie to try to "persuade" with a carefully chosen setlist or sharp political commentary between songs? 
    Agreed. A "swing state tour" is total fantasy. The band is clearly into maximizing $$$ while minimizing effort at this point in their career. I just don't see them going out of their way to play a series of shows in locations they don't normally play.
    You're right!  Because they aren't at all political, would never play states like FL, WI, MI, OH etc after going on a lengthy (for them) Euro tour, while still playing a healthy amount of NA shows and making quite a large sum of money doing so here in the States..............
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,382
    If they don't drop the album this year, then I expect it to be a smaller tour.   I only expect larger than normal tours if they're touring for an album (and no I don't believe this is the 7th year of the lightning bolt tour... they've been touring in support of no albums since around '16).

The only reason is I can't seem doing bigger tours back to back, so they'd save a larger than normal tour for when the album drops.
  • Options
    Europe must be where the money is. Maybe the band is worried about security in these crazy times here in the US. Who knows. I’ve gotten to where I will just see them when they come to California. When that is, who knows. I’ll just have to watch the other set lists in the meantime. 

Just looking to finally knock some bucket list bands off my list. 
    NIN
    Radiohead
    Black Crowes
    Tenacious D
    Marilyn Manson 
    Sturgill Simpson
    Guns N Roses
    Gojira
    Fiona Apple
    and a couple others

and the good old ones I’ve seen a million times each but are always awesome
    Tool
    Deftones
    DMB
    Dredg
    Bruce Springsteen (only seen once but WOW!)
    etc. 

Live music is the best. Here’s hoping for a great 2020. And hopefully some west coast Pearl Jam shows. 

Awesome! Are you checking out the Black Crowes SYMM tour? I just saw Tool in TO last month and it was amazing!
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I'm wondering about PJ at Wrigley the second week of September. I can see why people would think early August, but that seems awfully soon after they finish up in Europe. The Cubbies are out of town from Sept 7 - 13, AND no other concerts have been announced for that week. Maybe Sept 9 & 11, or 10 & 12? 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 857
    edited December 2019
    A reliable source gave me some great US tour news today.  Minds will be blown soon. Sorry was told to keep a tight lip.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    They haven't been to DC in a long time. I'm hoping for DC. I'm not currently able to travel. 
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    A reliable source gave me some great US tour news today.  Minds will be blown soon. Sorry was told to keep a tight lip.
    Soon you say?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    vedpunk said:
    Oh baby!   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,412
    vedpunk said:
    Spring, right?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    vedpunk said:
    Spring or fall?  If mind will be blown SOON, I’m guessing spring. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    vedpunk said:
    Spring or fall?  If mind will be blown SOON, I’m guessing spring. 
     :o - good & thanks
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    @PJNB
  • Options
    vedpunk said:

One of those dates @ the Sea.Hear.Now Festival in September 2020 held in Asbury Park, New Jersey?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,029
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    @PJNB
    Minds will be blown soon means spring tour. I highly doubt we are getting a spring tour. If its a fall tour we are probably waiting until July for an announcement. Not so "soon" imo.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    One tour gets announced and on to the next one.  The circle of life.  One door closes another door opens.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    @PJNB
    Minds will be blown soon means spring tour. I highly doubt we are getting a spring tour. If its a fall tour we are probably waiting until July for an announcement. Not so "soon" imo.
    Thanks for killing the mood! 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    vedpunk said:
    Red Rocks?
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    At this rate I just want to know when we will know something... 

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    demetrios said:
    vedpunk said:

One of those dates @ the Sea.Hear.Now Festival in September 2020 held in Asbury Park, New Jersey?
    Wishful thinking or you know something? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    demetrios said:
    vedpunk said:

Finally... a show I can ride my bicycle to... but might need to upgrade to some type of poster tube carrier on the back. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    Between Danny Clinch, Brandi Carlile, and Glen Hansard, someone needs to get in their ear about playing the Newport Folk Fest
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    vedpunk said:

Was messaged about this happening by 2 close friends. We will see.

Too bad I don't get any messages about Pearl Jam being rumoured to come back to Atlantic Canada. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    vedpunk said:

Was messaged about this happening by 2 close friends. We will see.

Too bad I don't get any messages about Pearl Jam being rumoured to come back to Atlantic Canada. 

"Uhh hey Demetrios it Eddie leaving a message. Do Keith's beers still come in 8 packs? Asking for a friend"

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    @PJNB
    I’m pretty sure they meant, it will be announced soon, not that the tour will happen soon.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    vedpunk said:

Finally... a show I can ride my bicycle to... but might need to upgrade to some type of poster tube carrier on the back. 
    Oh man I hope not. Play Pnc instead.