Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    dont forget Ed does all three days at Ohana. Last couple years have been late September. He already said he signed to come back in 2020, so that is a full weekend, Just something to consider.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Odd there is no talk about ballpark shows though as in the past we have had hints from people working at the venues that are in the know and at the planning meetings. All we have is a radio host saying they are playing at Wrigley. This time in 2015 and 2017 we had some good hints what was planned for the ballpark shows. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    DEGBTI said:
    dont forget Ed does all three days at Ohana. Last couple years have been late September. He already said he signed to come back in 2020, so that is a full weekend, Just something to consider.
    Ed is also rumoured to play at the Global Citizens Festival in September. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    D-Rod said:

Ed is also rumoured to play at the Global Citizens Festival in September. 
    Yes, but which location?

Global Goal Live: The Possible Dream

Alicia Keys, Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Cyndi Lauper, D’banj, Eddie Vedder, Exo, H.E.R., Janelle Monáe, Lizzo, Metallica, Miley Cyrus, Muse, Ozuna, Ozzy Osbourne, Pharrell Williams, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shawn Mendes, Tiwa Savage, Usher, and more

New York, Lagos, Latin America, Europe, and Asia

September 26, 2020

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    Next year Ohana Festival and Global Citizens could end up being over the same weekend.  I know Global is Sept. 26 and rumors are Ohana will be that same weekend. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JojoRice said:
    Next year Ohana Festival and Global Citizens could end up being over the same weekend.  I know Global is Sept. 26 and rumors are Ohana will be that same weekend. 
    He could still do both if he plays NY. Maybe PJ will finally play Ohana?!
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Doubt they will overlap. Also that would mean if there was a US tour in the fall they would have to work around those two weekends (very doable but not ideal) or have the tour start in October.  

• Options
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    Doubt they will overlap. Also that would mean if there was a US tour in the fall they would have to work around those two weekends (very doable but not ideal) or have the tour start in October.  

My “guess” is the NA tour would start in October.  2013 tour started on October 11th 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:

My “guess” is the NA tour would start in October.  2013 tour started on October 11th 
    And the album dropped a few days later. We can only hope!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Cue the "Yeah, but Ed said he would never tour in October again!!" truthers
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    verceman said:

on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    vedpunk said:
    A reliable source gave me some great US tour news today.  Minds will be blown soon. Sorry was told to keep a tight lip.

One of those dates @ the Sea.Hear.Now Festival in September 2020 held in Asbury Park, New Jersey?
    Finally... a show I can ride my bicycle to... but might need to upgrade to some type of poster tube carrier on the back. 
    Oh man I hope not. Play Pnc instead.  
    I'm down with PNC but I don't see it happening because I'm pretty sure the only way NJ might get a show would be because of the band's connection to Danny Clinch and his festival. 

Not sure the festival is big enough. 
    I've never been, how many people could possibly fit on that stretch of ap beach?
    They had 35,000 for this year's festival with Dave Matthews Band as the headliner.

Man, it is a pain to park and get in and out of Asbury on a regular summer beach day, or a Stone Pony Summerstage show; i can't even imagine a show with 35,000 people.

At the same time, 35,000 is a nice Pearl Jam audience, but is it enough attendance for a festival that has Pearl Jam as the headliner to break even? How many people attend ACL or other summer festivals that PJ has played?  

I am shocked Asbury was able to handle 35,000 people for a concert and would have to think it was somewhere close to max?  But I admittedly don't really know.
    Where the heck do people park? There s barely enough parking as it is.  

Exactly what I was wondering. Last time we tried to go to the beach in Asbury we gave up finding parking and went elsewhere.
    They really push taking the train.  They also run shuttles.  But if you drive you can park in Loch Arbour or Allenhurst.  That’s where we parked for Bamboozle when we saw Foo Fighters.  It’s like a 5 minute walk. 
    I went both years and honestly parking wasn’t terrible. Both years I had a 2-3 mile walk. To me wasn’t horrible 

I went to Sea Hear Now this year and got there early enough both days that parking wasn't bad.  What was terrible was trying to move through the crowd to get from one stage to the other.  There was no time between the end of one act on one stage and the start of the next one on the other so that was challenging also.  There weren't any acts this year that I cared enough about to need to be fairly close to the stage so it didn't matter to me, but it seemed like an overwhelming number of people were on the beach by the time the headliners hit the stage.  Regardless though, it would be an incredible setting to see PJ or Eddie solo.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Ha! I am firmly among the "Ed says a lot of things" truthers. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    Plus that really cuts it close to election day, which is what a lot of earlier rumors were based on.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Ohana is 9/25/20-9/27/20. Maybe PJ will finally play that.

• Options
    chiefnjk said:
    Ohana is 9/25/20-9/27/20. Maybe PJ will finally play that.

That is an unconfirmed date though as far as I can tell and would be surprised if he did both on the same weekend. He is heavily involved all 3 days for Ohana. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    Think earlier all.
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.
    Oh hells yes!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.
    Oh hells yes!!!!!
    Summer earlier or earlier earlier though....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    edited December 2019
    I' m off april 9-19 and not again until late june.  Hopefully sometime in there or at least some shows on a weekend..  I don't know my schedule for fall 2020.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.

Is April too early?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    What have we heard from @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan?

It seems like he's usually on the money.
    Hey! Sorry been busy preparing for the arrival of baby #2 next year. Aside from what I posted earlier that us is a go and Canada I still believe that to be true based on what info I was given. I try not to ask my source too often. Whenever I hear something I’ll certainly let everyone know what I can. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.
    Before or after Europe?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.
    Before or after Europe?
    As much as I’d love to think earlier is possible, it seems pretty unlikely.  Zero rumors means it’s not happening that early or everyone involved is keeping it in a vault. Can that many people stay quiet?? 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    vedpunk said:
    Think earlier all.
    Before or after Europe?
    As much as I’d love to think earlier is possible, it seems pretty unlikely.  Zero rumors means it’s not happening that early or everyone involved is keeping it in a vault. Can that many people stay quiet?? 
    I have always believed that the new album would drop in April with a spring NA tour , then Europe in the summer.  If that were to be true any announcement would have to come in  January ( like 2016).  Unfortunately with no solid rumours it seems less likely but you never know. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options

• Options
    PJNB said:

Lol, I feel the same way PJNB
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    Im going with a few ball park concerts after EU, this would fall in line with the "think earlier" comment above. Then a fall arena tour NA. This would allow Ed time for Ohana and Global Citizens in late September. Stamp it! 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    DEGBTI said:
    Im going with a few ball park concerts after EU, this would fall in line with the "think earlier" comment above. Then a fall arena tour NA. This would allow Ed time for Ohana and Global Citizens in late September. Stamp it! 
    That would be cool

Right now, if I just had confirmation 100% that there would be no shows before Europe, I’d be happy, so I could plan out my first half of 2020
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II