2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Sheets Of ClaySheets Of Clay Posts: 278
    edited December 2019
    There’s gotta be some shows missing between St. Louis and Denver, they’re too far apart. I think KC is possible. There was a clue a looooong time ago about good bbq and since then Memphis, Texas and the Carolinas have all been ruled out (I think). The only BBQ city left that I can think of is Kansas City. 
  • There’s gotta be some shows missing between St. Louis and Denver, they’re too far apart. I think KC is possible. There was a clue a looooong time ago about good bbq and since then Memphis, Texas and the Carolinas have all been ruled out (I think). The only BBQ city left that I can think of is Kansas City. 
    Agree, I’ve been thinking the same.  is there a place they can play in KC?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    There’s gotta be some shows missing between St. Louis and Denver, they’re too far apart. I think KC is possible. There was a clue a looooong time ago about good bbq and since then Memphis, Texas and the Carolinas have all been ruled out (I think). The only BBQ city left that I can think of is Kansas City. 
    The distance between St. Louis and Denver is basically the same as Denver and Phoenix. There could be a show between either, but with an off-day in between, I don't see the distance as especially great. 

I'm guessing the BBQ referred to Nashville. I might disagree, but I think that was the reference. 
  • There’s gotta be some shows missing between St. Louis and Denver, they’re too far apart. I think KC is possible. There was a clue a looooong time ago about good bbq and since then Memphis, Texas and the Carolinas have all been ruled out (I think). The only BBQ city left that I can think of is Kansas City. 
    Agree, I’ve been thinking the same.  is there a place they can play in KC?
    Yeah they’ve got an arena they played there in 2010. The Sprint Center. 
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    What’s the fish & chips reference again?
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Please dont play Newark or Brooklyn.  MSG or bust. Id go back to Uniondale if they ever had the balls to go back.
    Newark is a great venue!!
    Never been to MSG in my life. I’m already committed to 4 shows. Do I have to add a 5th? 
    And I don’t mean is MSG one of the shows as that seems confirmed. I just mean do I have to experience a MSG show? 
    As a NYer, PJ MSG shows are overhyped. Pearl Jam put on fabulous performances at MSG in ‘98 and ‘03 and since then people think they’re the Mecca. 

It’s a good show, but it wouldn’t be my top 10. Hartford / Philly / Bmore / DC all have had better shows since ‘03 IMO.

And I’m not just saying that to help my odds. ;)

You weren’t at 5.1.16?
    Missed that one too due to unfortunate timing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    My favorite shows from the last several years have been Charlottesville, Oslo 2014, Leeds, Quebec City, Telluride, etc....  You don't need the Northeast to have a great show, but the Northeast has great shows.
    Agree absolutely. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • My favorite shows from the last several years have been Charlottesville, Oslo 2014, Leeds, Quebec City, Telluride, etc....  You don't need the Northeast to have a great show, but the Northeast has great shows.
    Agree absolutely. 
    I’d throw Hampton and Columbia 16 in there too. 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • excuse me if this has already been discussed, but once official dates are announced by the band, will they announce the spring AND fall dates all at once??? 
    Melzombie said:
    excuse me if this has already been discussed, but once official dates are announced by the band, will they announce the spring AND fall dates all at once??? 
    I think Dimi said no to this. 
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    wsimon74 said:
    Now that Phx seems to be confirmed, question is Gila River or Talking Stick? 
    Really hoping talking stick. Going west for everything sucks haha. Downtown is so much better
    Its good to talk to people once in a while
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    rummy said:
    I am guessing Dimi was referring to California. Remember he is from Greece and most likely not as literal about things as we are when he is giving hints. He does his best which is pretty dam good! 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    Driving around today I heard parts of two complete PJ shows on Sirius/XM - Hamilton ‘05 and San Diego ‘06.  Rob is dropping some hints! 

My take on what we “know” on this tour:

Toronto - March 18th 
    Ottawa and/or Quebec City
    Hamilton
    Baltimore
    NYC
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver
    Phoenix
    LA x 2
    Oakland

Suggested (which makes sense from an east to west perspective) and not ruled out - Minnesota,Vegas, San Diego, Portland
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Driving around today I heard parts of two complete PJ shows on Sirius/XM - Hamilton ‘05 and San Diego ‘06.  Rob is dropping some hints! 

Toronto - March 18th 
    Hamilton
    Baltimore
    NYC
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver
    Phoenix
    LA x 2
    Oakland

Suggested (which makes sense from an east to west perspective) and not ruled out - Minnesota,Vegas, San Diego, Portland
    San Diego looked to be confirmed
  • Driving around today I heard parts of two complete PJ shows on Sirius/XM - Hamilton ‘05 and San Diego ‘06.  Rob is dropping some hints! 

Toronto - March 18th 
    Hamilton
    Baltimore
    NYC
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver
    Phoenix
    LA x 2
    Oakland

San Diego looked to be confirmed
    Ok. That’s great news. I missed that.  Must improve my scrolling skills! 🤙😝
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2019

basically confirmed:

Toronto 3/18

ottawa

hamilton

nyc

Baltimore 3/28

nashville 4/2

St. Louis

Denver

phoenix

san diego

LA 1

LA 2

Oakland

not confirmed, but not shot down by the oracle:

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

Until dimi says no, I won’t remove anything from the not confirmed list.  Am I nuts or did he shoot down minesota?

Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,621
    edited December 2019
    jmug23 said:
    @dimitrispearljam, hypothetically speaking, if I were to be in Hawaii from April 13th through April 20th, would I be shedding tears for missing the greatest band in the world in America’s Finest City ? 
    Get some tissues with u in hawaii
    @dimitrispearljam....You knew my city's nickname? Good job....
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • basically confirmed:

Toronto 3/18

ottawa

hamilton

nyc

Baltimore 3/28

nashville 4/2

St. Louis

Denver

phoenix

san diego

LA 1

LA 2

Oakland

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

Until dimi says no, I won’t remove anything from the not confirmed list.  Am I nuts or did he shoot down minesota?

I don’t know how “confirmed” it is, but I think there was a fourth Canadian date in Quebec (city) that Dimi had mentioned/hinted. Don’t know those specifics for sure. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
    Minneapolis
    AjaxSlax
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 195

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

Raleigh was shut down pretty early in the conversation unfortunately. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    mwplum said:
    Havn't been able to keep up, so I'll just throw out this wishlist to close out the fall leg:

Fredericton - Moncton - Saint John - Charlottetown - Halifax (x2) - Corner Brook - St. John's (x 2)

Dare to dream...

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    DEGBTI said:
    rummy said:
    I am guessing Dimi was referring to California. Remember he is from Greece and most likely not as literal about things as we are when he is giving hints. He does his best which is pretty dam good! 
    That was not Dimi. That was Vedpunk. Still no clue what that one was. 

• basically confirmed:

Toronto 3/18

ottawa

hamilton

nyc

Baltimore 3/28

nashville 4/2

St. Louis

Denver

phoenix

san diego

LA 1

LA 2

Oakland

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

Can someone catch me up on how we got to this list so far?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • JDime20 said:

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

what about fall dates? Didn’t I read that Dimi didn’t have any intel for fall cities?? 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Please dont play Newark or Brooklyn.  MSG or bust. Id go back to Uniondale if they ever had the balls to go back.
    Newark is a great venue!!
    Never been to MSG in my life. I’m already committed to 4 shows. Do I have to add a 5th? 

MSG sound since the reno has gone downhill because they put in balconies near the top that messes with what used to be a perfect space for sound waves.

The 10c odds, with only 2 east coast shows, will be absurdly low. Resale tickets will probably be $350 to 500 just to get in the satellite seats.

Crowds are decent, but usually night one has more energy.
    2010 night 2 

I was surfing for a boot recommendation there, thanks ;-)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    Melzombie said:
    JDime20 said:

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

what about fall dates? Didn’t I read that Dimi didn’t have any intel for fall cities?? 

I am guessing there will be a handful of stadiums and festivals in late august/ sept and hopefully some arenas thrown in. IIRC a festival in Asbury Park was a strong rumor, which would probably box out arenas for the nyc area for that leg.
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434

basically confirmed:

Toronto 3/18

ottawa

hamilton

nyc

Baltimore 3/28

nashville 4/2

St. Louis

Denver

phoenix

san diego

LA 1

LA 2

Oakland

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

I thought Florida was ruled out for Spring. Could be (hopefully) wrong but I thought Dimi shot it down. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Melzombie said:
    JDime20 said:

Raleigh, NC makeup?

somewhere in Florida 

Las Vegas

I am guessing there will be a handful of stadiums and festivals in late august/ sept and hopefully some arenas thrown in. IIRC a festival in Asbury Park was a strong rumor, which would probably box out arenas for the nyc area for that leg.
    let s hope the asbury rumor is false.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • LA Forum open between Billie Eilish and The Eagles..bascially after 4/7 to before Eagles show on 4/17. 
    What about weekend of 4/10-12? 
  • The hype is real and it has been way way too long,,,,
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    I hope I don't cry again.
    Getting old sucks.
    Bring it. I'm f'n ready !
    ...and us tell us bout da new album !! omg !
    All at once? YES ! GIVE WANT