Nailed it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I think Denver in 5 in the finals.
    Nailed it.
    That was a terrific game, especially with how frenetic certain stretches of the third and fourth quarters were.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    IM GLAD Denver won how they did. 

no super team in only a few coastal towns bullshit....mostly Draft picks developed over time

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Both Tatum and Brown realized they shit the bed yesterday, Tatum had a bum ankle but Brown knew he didn't play well.

Kudos to Spoelstra for figuring out what to do.  

I would expect Denver to win in 5 though I'd love to see Jimmy get one.
    @Poncier I should have bet it too!
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

no super team in only a few coastal towns bullshit....mostly Draft picks developed over time

There are no superteams anymore.  I mentioned that wasn't a thing anymore a bit ago too.  I think those days are all over now unless Durant decides to go back to GS.

Congrats to Denver.

Murray thinks they can run it again.  I think they can too.

See ya'll next year.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Both Tatum and Brown realized they shit the bed yesterday, Tatum had a bum ankle but Brown knew he didn't play well.

Kudos to Spoelstra for figuring out what to do.  

I would expect Denver to win in 5 though I'd love to see Jimmy get one.
    @Poncier I should have bet it too!
    You and me both.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    Ja Morant out for the first 25 games of next season. I think that is an appropriate amount of games, maybe could have been more.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

There are no superteams anymore.  I mentioned that wasn't a thing anymore a bit ago too.  I think those days are all over now unless Durant decides to go back to GS.

Congrats to Denver.

See ya'll next year.
    Well this didn’t age well , Beal trade certainly does

And I’m sure more to come 

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    fuck phoenix.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    and fuck chris paul, wherever he ends up.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    and fuck chris paul, wherever he ends up.
    Word is he'll end up in Utah on the Jizz.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Congrats to Denver.

See ya'll next year.
    Well this didn’t age well , Beal trade certainly does

And I’m sure more to come 

They get rid of CP3 and add a younger guy.  It's still the same formula they had before and couldn't win.

Beal would have been a perfect fit on the Lakers.  Five years I was hoping they would get him but nope...

Ja Morant suspended for 25 games.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    My son has been a Suns fan for a long time and seems pretty happy with it. If Beal and Durant can stay healthy and Beal can be the player he was a few years ago, they will be tough, but depth is going to be an issue with such a top heavy salary structure.  
  • Options
    Yea only 9 year difference in age… the older guy one of the most overrated players in nba history… whenever he leaves somewhere that team seams to do better

not saying suns win anything, but this is the definition of a “ super team”

Potential Lillard trade would create another 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Yea only 9 year difference in age… the older guy one of the most overrated players in nba history… whenever he leaves somewhere that team seams to do better

CP3 is the Doc Rivers of Players.  He can get you there but can't seal the deal.  Think of how many places he has gone to and the tams all did better but couldn't close it out?

It'll be an interesting dynamic but like Burkhardt said, they don't have depth.

Speaking of Lillard.  Where's he going, Miami?  He stuck around to see if Portland would get him some help and they did nadda. Lillard going to Miami is super team.  They'd have Oladipo, Jimmy, Herro, Adebayo, Lowry and Love.  A few aging players but still that's all all stars.

I keep hearing about Zion getting traded?  I also heard that he isn't playing because he doesn't like New Orleans.  I wonder if that's true?
  • Options
    Zion needs to stop eating, if I were the Knicks I’d kick the tires. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    CROJAM95 said:
    Zion needs to stop eating, if I were the Knicks I’d kick the tires. 
    I've heard that too.  I think Zion always wanted to play here in NY.

He also needs to stop messing with strippers, lol.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Speaking of Lillard.  Where's he going, Miami?  He stuck around to see if Portland would get him some help and they did nadda. Lillard going to Miami is super team.  They'd have Oladipo, Jimmy, Herro, Adebayo, Lowry and Love.  A few aging players but still that's all all stars.

Oladipo, Lowry and Love?
    Oladipo may never play again.
    Lowry is 37, 6'0" tall and 369 lbs, in the last year of an albatross of a contract (which may be sent to Portland as part of the deal as it is expiring).
    Love is 34 and an unrestricted free agent.

• Options
    Chris Paul says he was surprised by the trade 🤣

cmon guy, who you kidding 
    been talked about for long time 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Oladipo, Lowry and Love?
    Lowry is 37, 6'0" tall and 369 lbs, in the last year of an albatross of a contract (which may be sent to Portland as part of the deal as it is expiring).

Yes, those 3, all allstars and aging like I mentioned.

I thought he was coming back from that injury though? I did not hear that he wasn't going to play anymore.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Oladipo, Lowry and Love?

I thought he was coming back from that injury though? I did not hear that he wasn't going to play anymore.
    TBD.
    But he was a shell of himself the last couple years anyway, this latest injury and surgery makes it harder for him to come back and be effective. His previous injury took close to 3 years for him to fully recover.
    Heat may end up trading him (he was mentioned as going with Lowry to Washington for Beal) to use his expiring salary as a trade chip (assuming he opts in which is pretty much a certainty). He will miss at least some part of next season, based on his personal history, could be all of next season. Dude is just snake bitten.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Oladipo, Lowry and Love?

TBD.
    But he was a shell of himself the last couple years anyway, this latest injury and surgery makes it harder for him to come back and be effective. His previous injury took close to 3 years for him to fully recover.
    Heat may end up trading him (he was mentioned as going with Lowry to Washington for Beal) to use his expiring salary as a trade chip (assuming he opts in which is pretty much a certainty). He will miss at least some part of next season, based on his personal history, could be all of next season. Dude is just snake bitten.
    He hasn't been the same since that nasty leg break.  I really liked him too.  Oh well.
  • Options
    wondering what poncier thinks of the smart trade…

was it smart?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

was it smart?
    If Porzingis can stay healthy, huge win for the Celtics. While Smart will be missed, they have White and Brogdon to fill the role, plus likely will hold on to Pritchard now to back them up.
    Plus, it removes the Smart/Jaylen Brown power struggle dynamic from the locker room (Tatum just sits quietly off in the corner), so could lead to a more harmonious overall vibe.

And they picked up 2 first round picks, basically moved from #35 to #25 this year and have Golden Shower's first rounder for 2024. Here's hoping the Warriors fall into the lottery.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

was it smart?
    If Porzingis can stay healthy, huge win for the Celtics. While Smart will be missed, they have White and Brogdon to fill the role, plus likely will hold on to Pritchard now to back them up.
    Plus, it removes the Smart/Jaylen Brown power struggle dynamic from the locker room (Tatum just sits quietly off in the corner), so could lead to a more harmonious overall vibe.

And they picked up 2 first round picks, basically moved from #35 to #25 this year and have Golden Shower's first rounder for 2024. Here's hoping the Warriors fall into the lottery.
    You were the first person to say that Brown and Tatum needed to be broken up.  Props for that.

As far as Porzingis being healthy?  Unfortunately in basketball when someone gets hurt they continue to get hurt.  Track record isn't good for players like him.
  • Options
    Is anybody buying the hype on Wemby?  I think the twins will be better long term players.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    Is anybody buying the hype on Wemby?  I think the twins will be better long term players.
    just about everyone is, including me. Better stack up on the rookie cards :wink:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Rodman scored like 4 points a game and was a defensive genius and helped win games.

Wallace scored like 6 and helped win games.  I know there are more players but if n you don’t think defense helps win games or is just dismissed for a 6th man then we are just wat off on what and how we see the game.
    Comparing what Rodman and Ben Wallace brought to Caruso is laughable. Defense definitely is important (though a bit less so in this era than previous eras), but not what Caruso brings.

Rodman led the league in rebounding 7 straight seasons (and averaged 7.3PPG for his career, not 4, more than Caruso)
    Wallace had 7 straight years of double digit rebounding including leading he league twice in his prime, and average d over 3 blocks in 3 straight of those seasons.

Caruso's career avg is 6.0 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.7 APG.
    The only category he performs above average in (most are waaaaay below average) is steals with 1.2 SPG. His stellar defense looked great Friday, fouling out.

He should be no higher than the 8th option on a playoff team, yet he's starting for the Bulls who (checks notes) are hitting the golf course today.
    I knew I'd get this from you even though he will be all NBA defense 1st team?  Got it.
    He will not be first team. Got it?
    He will be 2nd or 3rd.
    I forgot to come back to this.

All NBA 1st team awards.
    2023Brook LopezCMilwaukee Bucks.53115.96.71.32.5
    Jrue HolidayPGMilwaukee Bucks.47919.35.17.40.4
    Alex CarusoSGChicago Bulls.4555.62.92.90.7
    Jaren Jackson Jr.PFMemphis Grizzlies.50618.66.81.03.0
    Evan MobleyPFCleveland Cavaliers.55416.29.02.81.5
  • Options
    just about everyone is, including me. Better stack up on the rookie cards :wink:

Man, I don't know...  He is built like a young Kevin Durant.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Rodman scored like 4 points a game and was a defensive genius and helped win games.

Wallace scored like 6 and helped win games.  I know there are more players but if n you don’t think defense helps win games or is just dismissed for a 6th man then we are just wat off on what and how we see the game.
    Comparing what Rodman and Ben Wallace brought to Caruso is laughable. Defense definitely is important (though a bit less so in this era than previous eras), but not what Caruso brings.

Rodman led the league in rebounding 7 straight seasons (and averaged 7.3PPG for his career, not 4, more than Caruso)
    Wallace had 7 straight years of double digit rebounding including leading he league twice in his prime, and average d over 3 blocks in 3 straight of those seasons.

Caruso's career avg is 6.0 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.7 APG.
    The only category he performs above average in (most are waaaaay below average) is steals with 1.2 SPG. His stellar defense looked great Friday, fouling out.

He should be no higher than the 8th option on a playoff team, yet he's starting for the Bulls who (checks notes) are hitting the golf course today.
    I knew I'd get this from you even though he will be all NBA defense 1st team?  Got it.
    He will not be first team. Got it?
    He will be 2nd or 3rd.
    I forgot to come back to this.

All NBA 1st team awards.
    2023Brook LopezCMilwaukee Bucks.53115.96.71.32.5
    Jrue HolidayPGMilwaukee Bucks.47919.35.17.40.4
    Alex CarusoSGChicago Bulls.4555.62.92.90.7
    Jaren Jackson Jr.PFMemphis Grizzlies.50618.66.81.03.0
    Evan MobleyPFCleveland Cavaliers.55416.29.02.81.5
    Took you long enough.

I have my lunch order in for today.