The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,620
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    all you trying to nail down what’s enough and what’s ok for someone based on a number. You have no idea how anyone got there. It’s ducking sickening. 
    Don’t care how you got there. 
    I know. It’s weird what people care about. You just want to do whatever you want and take what you need from others to make up for your inabilities.
    No one needs 150k a year. Don’t be so selfish. 

Tell you what, why not let me unburden you of some of that Professor's salary of yours?  Ahh, just kidding.

If you had said, "Who needs several billions of dollars", I think you would have gotten more positive responses.

Tell you what though,    I would love to have $150K a year.  Or more!  I want to win the lottery so I can buy Sea Shepherd Conservation Society another ship or totally fund one of their campaigns.  And support Wildlands Network by funding some wildlife crossing structures over freeways.  And send Andrew Yang's campaign thousands of dollars rather than just a few hundred.  And find and purchase that Telecaster of my dreams and a cherry vintage Fender Deluxe (or Princeton) Reverb amp.  Do I want lots of money?  Heck yeah!  Is that selfish, hell no.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    Why is everyone turning into the villain from Bioshock all of a sudden.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    all you trying to nail down what’s enough and what’s ok for someone based on a number. You have no idea how anyone got there. It’s ducking sickening. 
    I know. It’s weird what people care about. You just want to do whatever you want and take what you need from others to make up for your inabilities.
    Well I'm pretty sure that's not your call. What's the right number? In other words at what dollar amount do you currently fully send back to the government as voluntary tax?
    You misapprehend my sense of right and wrong. 
    So it's only in theory,  not practice?
    I see you definitely misapprehend the practice. 
    I live by my principles.  What am I misunderstanding about yours?
    Communism 
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Selfish. That’s nice. I forgot though you are the communist that just wants other to pay for your everything. So it’s not a surprise. 

Bet you bitch about Pearl Jam ticket prices too don’t you?
    Me and others—that’s how it works. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Well I'm pretty sure that's not your call. What's the right number? In other words at what dollar amount do you currently fully send back to the government as voluntary tax?
    What is the best Pearl Jam show you have been at?

Fair warning: This isn’t going to work. 

But, probably Wrigley-1, 2018

brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Tell you what, why not let me unburden you of some of that Professor's salary of yours?  Ahh, just kidding.

If you had said, "Who needs several billions of dollars", I think you would have gotten more positive responses.

Tell you what though,    I would love to have $150K a year.  Or more!  I want to win the lottery so I can buy Sea Shepherd Conservation Society another ship or totally fund one of their campaigns.  And support Wildlands Network by funding some wildlife crossing structures over freeways.  And send Andrew Yang's campaign thousands of dollars rather than just a few hundred.  And find and purchase that Telecaster of my dreams and a cherry vintage Fender Deluxe (or Princeton) Reverb amp.  Do I want lots of money?  Heck yeah!  Is that selfish, hell no.

It kinda is by definition. 
  • brianlux said:

And find and purchase that Telecaster of my dreams and a cherry vintage Fender Deluxe (or Princeton) Reverb amp.  Do I want lots of money?  Heck yeah!  Is that selfish, hell no.

In a world where you could stop kids in the world from dying with that money. Yes, it is selfish. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Selfish. That’s nice. I forgot though you are the communist that just wants other to pay for your everything. So it’s not a surprise. 

So how much $ are you contributing to society at the moment?  How much in taxes?  Donations? No bullshit. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

I was there and wanted to enjoy it but couldn;t get over the amount of $ being used on a music concert...and going towards beer...such a waste.  The number of kids that dies because of the wasteful use of that $ is shameful.
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

So how much $ are you contributing to society at the moment?  How much in taxes?  Donations? No bullshit. 
    Less than I should (definitely on the tax side of things). If you think "you're not perfect" is a winning comeback to "things should be different," this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.  
  • ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

I was there and wanted to enjoy it but couldn;t get over the amount of $ being used on a music concert...and going towards beer...such a waste.  The number of kids that dies because of the wasteful use of that $ is shameful.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    If someone wants to live under a communist state, there are opportunities out there.  If you are waiting around for the US to fulfill your communist dreams, you are either ignorant or insincere about your commy desire, otherwise you would have moved to a communist state already...
    and fuck Communism 
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Were you the guy next to me who said "Billy Corgan has some good ideas...?"
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

I have good news for you: there will be beer and music under communism!!!!
    PJPOWER said:
    If someone wants to live under a communist state, there are opportunities out there.  If you are waiting around for the US to fulfill your communist dreams, you are either ignorant or insincere about your commy desire, otherwise you would have moved to a communist state already...
    and fuck Communism 
    Everyone around her sounds like a bunch of quitters. I believe in staying around and trying to improve the place you are, but to each their own. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    how's the kool-aid? 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    People being trigged by someone mentioning the word "communism"

That 1950s McCarthyism to 1980s action movie indoctrination never fully goes away, does it.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

Less than I should (definitely on the tax side of things). If you think "you're not perfect" is a winning comeback to "things should be different," this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.  
    No I just think a bullshit statement saying how much anyone should make is just that, bullshit.  And usually made by those that do a lot less.
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

I have good news for you: there will be beer and music under communism!!!!
    Shit beer and shit music. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Joe Biden discusses impeachment trial, son Hunter, and Ukraine

https://youtu.be/HFOKlh00dao

ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:

No I just think a bullshit statement saying how much anyone should make is just that, bullshit.  And usually made by those that do a lot less.
    So you're ok with Jeff Bezos being worth over 100 billion dollars?
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    how's the kool-aid? 
    You tell me.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    People being out of their mind trigged by someone mentioning the word "communism"

That 1950s McCarthyism to 1980s action movie indoctrination never fully goes away, does it.
    All you have to do is study the history of China, Soviet Union and other during the mid 20th century to see the result of their experiment.  McCarthyism is irrelevant when you have history.  
    edited January 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 

That’s a bit pretentious, but nothing new coming from the person triggered by a chicken strip.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    Everyone around her sounds like a bunch of quitters. I believe in staying around and trying to improve the place you are, but to each their own. 
    That’s what I am doing...voting against communist candidates :). No quitting here!  If you want to live under a communist state, then you are quitting by not moving to one for the full experience. 
    Quiter
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    how's the kool-aid? 
    How are the historical blinders?  We aren't discussing socialism.  This is full blown centrally planned economy where the means of production, military, police and government are with one infallible political party.  You really don't see the risk in that?
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 

That’s a bit pretentious, but nothing new.
    It's pretentious to point out that the Cold War shaped entire generations' (distorted) views of communism? If ignorance is the alternative to pretension, I'll take the latter. 
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 
    People being out of their mind trigged by someone mentioning the word "communism"

All you have to do is study the history of China, Soviet Union and other during the mid 20th century to see the result of their experiment.  McCarthyism is irrelevant when you have history.  
    All you have to do is study US history to see the results of capitalism. You point to communism's failures as evidence of its flaws; capitalism's "successes" are the moments when it is most harmful. 
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 

That’s a bit pretentious, but nothing new.
    It's pretentious to point out that the Cold War shaped entire generations' (distorted) views of communism? If ignorance is the alternative to pretension, I'll take the latter. 
    You seem to have plenty of both.  It’s pretentious to say that is where my negative views of communism fully come from.  It’s easy to find (accurate) negative examples of communism, why just stick to the Cold War?
  • mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    and fuck Communism 

We went over this yesterday. I am not pro communism in any way. And has to my knowledge never defended shitty dictatorships through history labeling themselves communist.

https://youtu.be/_u8oAMhl8Vc
This discussion has been closed.