The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    mcgruff10 said:
    So Liz comes in third in her home state, has less delegates than Pete who already dropped out, and yet she’s still going forward. For fuck’s sake. 
    Time for her to drop out.  

She will not drop out until the party tells her to. Which will be 5 minutes after bloomberg does.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Warren will be out later today. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,115
    edited March 2020
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I sure hope all these Bernie bros who learned the definition of the word plurality last week still remember at the end of the day today

Does Bernie have a “whiteness” problem? Seems as if he didn’t do as well with the people who aren’t white...

If only we had an expert on the subject who could explain that to us. 

Stupid tweet.

And....that is pretty much what is left.  You have been telling us for a month (months?) what people in America really want.  The polls and tweets and memes and all of the bs.
    Reality check to those here and especially those not here who think they know everything going on in America from reading the horseshit they call social media and news.

People like free stuff, but realize that someone needs to pay for it.
    Since no clear plan is outlined covering how all of these free programs are going to be funded moving forward, people are skeptical.

Also, an old white guy yelling and screaming at everyone is annoying.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    JimmyV said:
    gut feeling or have you heard something?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    JimmyV said:
    Rationally, absolutely. I hope she stays a bit longer, but we'll see.  I do think she's been drawing distinctions between herself and Bernie for a few weeks now.  So it wouldn't surprise me if she endorses Biden, or stays silent.  I'd be mildly surprised if she endorsed Sanders, but we shall see.  Warren seems like a party loyalist to me.  
    mickeyrat said:
    JimmyV said:
    gut feeling or have you heard something?
    Gut feeling. It's over for her here in Massachusetts, it's over for her everywhere. Plus she has a job to go back to. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Rationally, absolutely. I hope she stays a bit longer, but we'll see.  I do think she's been drawing distinctions between herself and Bernie for a few weeks now.  So it wouldn't surprise me if she endorses Biden, or stays silent.  I'd be mildly surprised if she endorsed Sanders, but we shall see.  Warren seems like a party loyalist to me.  
    Why do you want her to stay around?  She couldn’t even win mass.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    so did Maine just say fuck it and stop counting?
    and wheres all the outrage at the delay in Me and Ca?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is Bernie's last stand. He should run Green if he doesn't get the Dem nomination. My maximum chaos pipe dream is still alive.

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders
    Bernie's last stand was three and a half years ago. He should have walked away when his head held high when he had the opportunity. Now he's just embarrassing himself, and his supporters.

Stop trying to make third party a thing.  We are two party system. Our checks and balances are in the three branches of government. And Sanders running as a green is going to cost Democrats the other two branches. We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. we can't afford to make the same mistake again.
    You don't have to respond to everything like you've been given 30 seconds to shout at the camera on Hardball
    I get it. I hate having to repeat myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again too

Yet here we are

We are two party system.
    Our checks and balances are in the three branches of government.
    Sanders running is going to cost Democrats the other two branches.
    We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. 
    We can't afford to make the same mistake again.
    mickeyrat said:

Maine is that guy in the office who never finished an important project and is hoping no one notices. 

mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Why do you want her to stay around?  She couldn’t even win mass.
    I think she helps Joe by staying in the race.  
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    This is Bernie's last stand. He should run Green if he doesn't get the Dem nomination. My maximum chaos pipe dream is still alive.

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders
    Bernie's last stand was three and a half years ago. He should have walked away when his head held high when he had the opportunity. Now he's just embarrassing himself, and his supporters.

Stop trying to make third party a thing.  We are two party system. Our checks and balances are in the three branches of government. And Sanders running as a green is going to cost Democrats the other two branches. We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. we can't afford to make the same mistake again.
    You don't have to respond to everything like you've been given 30 seconds to shout at the camera on Hardball
    I get it. I hate having to repeat myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again too

Yet here we are

We are two party system.
    We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. 
    I read PJ44's post to be tongue in cheek, not that they really think a four way election is going to happen or help.  Maybe I"m wrong. 
    JimmyV said:
    mickeyrat said:

Maine is that guy in the office who never finished an important project and is hoping no one notices. 
    Ha!

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders

Yet here we are

We are two party system.
    I read PJ44's post to be tongue in cheek, not that they really think a four way election is going to happen or help.  Maybe I"m wrong. 

Why even bring it up then?

The only thing I want to hear is : "Bernie drop out.  Support Joe.  Don't run third party."
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders

Yet here we are

We are two party system.

The only thing I want to hear is : "Bernie drop out.  Support Joe.  Don't run third party."
    I presume for levity.  I post things I don't necessarily mean all the time.  It's usually obvious that I don't mean them.  

I don't think Sanders would ever run for third party.  He knows he would never get a majority and would never get the vote in the House.  It would virtually guarantee a Trump win but also destroy his legacy forever.  He's not insane.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders

Yet here we are

We are two party system.
    Yeah, it's a total pipe dream. I think they bring distinct viewpoints and I'd love to see it happen, but I'm under no delusion that it actually will.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,387
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders

Yet here we are

We are two party system.

I presume for levity.  I post things I don't necessarily mean all the time.  It's usually obvious that I don't mean them.  

I don't think Sanders would ever run for third party.  He knows he would never get a majority and would never get the vote in the House.  It would virtually guarantee a Trump win but also destroy his legacy forever.  He's not insane.  
    No, but he is delusional.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    That said, and despite pleas to the contrary, I am firmly in the Make Third Parties Happen lane
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    It's all happening folks. Bloomberg is out. If Biden can do what he did yesterday with no money.....imagine what he can do with an unlimited budget?
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    So the GDP of American Samoa is $658 million (as of 2016). That's in the ballpark of how much Bloomberg spent overall. Whatever the final total money amount spent on his own campaign turns out to be, he should match that amount with a donation to something. $600 million dollars could go a long way to combat homelessness or hunger. He can afford it. At least he'd walk away from all of this with some dignity. And he'd still have more than enough money to throw behind Biden.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,531
    It's all happening folks. Bloomberg is out. If Biden can do what he did yesterday with no money.....imagine what he can do with an unlimited budget?
    Yep....he immediately endorsed Biden and pledged his support.  It's going to be beautiful.

Warren is next.

I imagine Sanders will fall in line and give a great speech asking his supporters to get behind Biden
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Yep....he immediately endorsed Biden and pledged his support.  It's going to be beautiful.

Warren is next.

I imagine Sanders will fall in line and give a great speech asking his supporters to get behind Biden
    Keep imagining!  

Biden does have a strong lead.  The way the delegates are allocated makes it difficult to close big gaps, but not impossible.  
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Warren is next.

Keep imagining!  

Biden does have a strong lead.  The way the delegates are allocated makes it difficult to close big gaps, but not impossible.  
    Yeah Sanders isn't dropping out. Nor should he. He's run a competitive campaign and is still in the thick of things. I do think though that once his time is up, he'll back Biden and ask his supporters to do the same. 

But I've been wrong before...

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,531
    mrussel1 said:

Warren is next.

Keep imagining!  

Yeah Sanders isn't dropping out. Nor should he. He's run a competitive campaign and is still in the thick of things. I do think though that once his time is up, he'll back Biden and ask his supporters to do the same. 

I didn't mean he was dropping out today....but he will drop out due to Joementum
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532

Warren is next.

Bloomberg out and they just issued American Samoan suicide watch.

2020: Totally Not 2016

edited March 2020

Warren is next.

Bloomberg out and they just issued American Samoan suicide watch.
    A sad day for American Samoa Island for sure.

But on a positive note, the sitting President probably had no idea the island even existed until last night, so if nothing else, Bloomberg got them a little notoriety. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    mrussel1 said:

Warren is next.

Keep imagining!  

I didn't mean he was dropping out today....but he will drop out due to Joementum
    I highly doubt it. Most likely take this to the convention. Sanders is far from done.

Everyone keeps forgetting that Joe hasn't been a very good candidate. But neither was Trump so who knows what will happen at this point. 

I sure hope Biden can do better (debates, energy).
This discussion has been closed.