The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    What to say about people voting for Joe Biden...

cry moar

get it out now

biden will still need your vote in Nov
    number 8 is impossible

I'm just amazed that the double think here

One post they're complaining about how poorly the media is treating Bernie

a few hours later post a screenshot of the media fallating Bernie 

Which is it?
    not just media but msnbc in particular....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    Seems like it’ll be biden to me, and that’s great news since he can’t take a debate without looking like a stammering skeleton, if he even gets his broken thought out without forgetting it halfway.  Trump will obliterate him on the stage, especially once all the shit hits the fan with him and his son that’s going to come out in the next few months.  It’s all planned to come out once he’s the nominee, and he already freaks out when asked by reporters, wait until orange man comes at him with it. 

And as for the AA vote, they all know they’re better off now than they were when Obama pulled the strings, it’s only if they’ll admit it or not.
    Debate lol the orange Baffoon is an idiot on any policy , tell us how good he looks when trying to figure out the Corona virus! I’ll give him this all the uneducated love him I hope you don’t fall in that boat..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I sure hope all these Bernie bros who learned the definition of the word plurality last week still remember at the end of the day today

Does Bernie have a “whiteness” problem? Seems as if he didn’t do as well with the people who aren’t white...

If only we had an expert on the subject who could explain that to us. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Very interesting data:

At his Super Tuesday night rally in Burlington, Vt., Sanders vowed that his candidacy would “create the highest voter turnout in American political history” — particularly among young voters, new voters and voters of color. It’s one of his signature lines, a cornerstone of his “political revolution.”  

Yet Sanders has not demonstrated that he can deliver on this promise. In every one of the 15 states and territories that voted Tuesday, Sanders drew a smaller share of the vote than he drew during his primary contest against Hillary Clinton four years earlier. Even in his home state of Vermont, he won only 52 percent of the vote, down from 86 percent in 2016.

In the run-up to Super Tuesday, a New York Times analysis found that the demographic groups Sanders is counting on have not been turning out in historic numbers, either. The Times reported that in the Iowa precincts where Sanders won, turnout increased by only one percentage point from 2016; that turnout increased far more in the New Hampshire townships won by former South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, than those where Sanders won; that the share of young voters remained essentially unchanged everywhere; and that the share of first-time voters actually decreased.

Those patterns largely persisted on Super Tuesday. According to the exit polls, the youth turnout was down from 2016 in Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont and Texas — and in many cases, Sanders won a smaller share of the youth vote than he did last time around.

“If you’re Bernie Sanders, this is your worst-case scenario,” commentator Van Jones said on CNN. “Because you’re now beginning to see the logic of the revolution begin to break down — the idea that you’re going to have young people come out in large numbers.”

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    So Liz comes in third in her home state, has less delegates than Pete who already dropped out, and yet she’s still going forward. For fuck’s sake. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    So Liz comes in third in her home state, has less delegates than Pete who already dropped out, and yet she’s still going forward. For fuck’s sake. 
    Time for her to drop out.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I sure hope all these Bernie bros who learned the definition of the word plurality last week still remember at the end of the day today

Does Bernie have a “whiteness” problem? Seems as if he didn’t do as well with the people who aren’t white...

Stupid tweet.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    CM189191 said:

cry moar

get it out now

biden will still need your vote in Nov
    Something something bleach.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    mcgruff10 said:
    Why does the Latino vote go to sanders?  What is the draw?
    Free stuff. Open borders. Revolution.

Edit: just read a New Yorker piece stating he's hired a bunch of Latino field workers, they play soccer at his rallies, and call him Tio. His campaign has made efforts to be culturally relevant.
    Really I’m Spanish I don’t want anything free and if sanders was to be the nominee I’ll vote for him over the Baffoon, I don’t want a revolution or open borders I do understand though that if it’s Sanders the Baffoon will be re-elected! I’ll never vote for a Republican running for president ever...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CM189191 said:

Klomentum
    Joementum!
    edited March 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    All her sticking around does is add to the perception that some Sanders supporters have that the Dems are all against him. There were three candidates with no hope in hell. Pete and Amy, who were in Biden’s “lane” got out of the way. And Liz, who’s in Bernie’s “lane” refuses to. She has every right to go forward with her pointless campaign. I don’t mind it. I think Biden would be a better nominee than Sanders. But come on...

Bloomberg needs to go too. What a failure his campaign was. He spent like over $700 million. Imagine that. Almost a billion dollars for nothing. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    Seems like it’ll be biden to me, and that’s great news since he can’t take a debate without looking like a stammering skeleton, if he even gets his broken thought out without forgetting it halfway.  Trump will obliterate him on the stage, especially once all the shit hits the fan with him and his son that’s going to come out in the next few months.  It’s all planned to come out once he’s the nominee, and he already freaks out when asked by reporters, wait until orange man comes at him with it. 

And as for the AA vote, they all know they’re better off now than they were when Obama pulled the strings, it’s only if they’ll admit it or not.
    Love your logic. If Republicans lose, AAs just didn't want to admit that things are better now. If Republicans win, AAs saw that things are better now. Are you the kind of spiteful and proud moron who puts yourself at a disservice just to be right (taking after the party boss), or do you just attribute that trait to all black people in the case of a Democratic victory?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Buckle up!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stupid tweet.
    Not according the majority of democratic voters. Seems you’re a bit out of touch. Understandable since you’re in Sweden. 
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mcgruff10 said:
    All her sticking around does is add to the perception that some Sanders supporters have that the Dems are all against him. There were three candidates with no hope in hell. Pete and Amy, who were in Biden’s “lane” got out of the way. And Liz, who’s in Bernie’s “lane” refuses to. She has every right to go forward with her pointless campaign. I don’t mind it. I think Biden would be a better nominee than Sanders. But come on...

Bloomberg needs to go too. What a failure his campaign was. He spent like over $700 million. Imagine that. Almost a billion dollars for nothing. 

Yeah well he’s prepared to triple that to help the nominee. That’s more than Bernie can say. We’ll see if it was all for nothing come November. 
    www.myspace.com
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah well he’s prepared to triple that to help the nominee. That’s more than Bernie can say. We’ll see if it was all for nothing come November. 
    Yeah all that money was for nothing. Future money put behind Biden would be for something. Frankly he should have just backed someone financially like Biden from the start. Instead all he got for his billion dollars was an undressing from Liz and a nickname from Trump. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Bernie please listen:  

James Carville on Super Tuesday: Bernie Sanders Should Drop Out Now

https://www.yahoo.com/news/james-carville-super-tuesday-bernie-035535096.html
    “What you’re doing is counterproductive,” he added. “Look, you ran all the way through in 2016 primaries. You had a voice in the 2020 primaries. You carried your campaign, you raised a lot of money. But our most important constituents in this party are just not for you and we have to deal with that and get on to the business of November here."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532

IfBern were running for Sweden PM sure.

But in the states a vote for Bern is 4 mo trump years. 4 mo years of climate denial.

I'm hoping the high turnout for Biden has shown you. This isnt just the thoughts of a few on PJ forum. Its the base of the party speaking. Loudly.
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stupid tweet.
    More stupid tweets

mcgruff10 said:

There's a while subset of voters who are Bernie or bust

Hopefully there's a factor of those idealogues who will see Warren as an alternative to the SS Bernie shipwreck and support her

Once Bernie finally gets ousted, if like to see some of his supporters migrate over to Warren

At which point she can give a full endorsement to Biden

Question is: will Bernie support Biden like he promised? Or will he be a big baby like his Bernie or bust Bros, take his ball and go home?  

Also where are the medical records we were promised?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    This is Bernie's last stand. He should run Green if he doesn't get the Dem nomination. My maximum chaos pipe dream is still alive.

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    pjl44 said:
    This is Bernie's last stand. He should run Green if he doesn't get the Dem nomination. My maximum chaos pipe dream is still alive.

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders
    If Sanders runs green - Trump wins IMO.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Bernie at his campaign headquarters went after just about every industry and employment occupation. What do people in Vermont do for work? Oh yea, cheese, milk and ice cream.
    You forgot beer but yeah that sums it up.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Klomentum
    Joementum!
    LIFETIME BAN!
    CM189191 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

There's a while subset of voters who are Bernie or bust

Hopefully there's a factor of those idealogues who will see Warren as an alternative to the SS Bernie shipwreck and support her

Once Bernie finally gets ousted, if like to see some of his supporters migrate over to Warren

At which point she can give a full endorsement to Biden

Question is: will Bernie support Biden like he promised? Or will he be a big baby like his Bernie or bust Bros, take his ball and go home?  

Also where are the medical records we were promised?
    I think he would support Biden. Not sure about his supporters though. 

And I know you like Warren, but be realistic, there’s no scenario where’s he’s ousted before her. He has almost 400 delegates. She has 50. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Next Tuesday is Michigan, which is obviously critical in seeing which candidate will drive out voters.  Jennifer Granholm endorsed Biden this morning.  That's a pretty big deal. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/03/04/michigan-primary-election-joe-biden-bernie-sanders/4950438002/
    mrussel1 said:
    Next Tuesday is Michigan, which is obviously critical in seeing which candidate will drive out voters.  Jennifer Granholm endorsed Biden this morning.  That's a pretty big deal. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/03/04/michigan-primary-election-joe-biden-bernie-sanders/4950438002/
    She's always been a pretty loyal Obama/Biden compadre. 

Happy to see things going well for Joe. It was getting a little sad there for a moment. Mostly due to hysteria over his poor showings in Iowa and New Hampshire. But he said South Carolina and Super Tuesday would change things, and he was right. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    pjl44 said:

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders
    Bernie's last stand was three and a half years ago. He should have walked away when his head held high when he had the opportunity. Now he's just embarrassing himself, and his supporters.

Stop trying to make third party a thing.  We are two party system. Our checks and balances are in the three branches of government. And Sanders running as a green is going to cost Democrats the other two branches. We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. we can't afford to make the same mistake again.
  • Bernie at his campaign headquarters went after just about every industry and employment occupation. What do people in Vermont do for work? Oh yea, cheese, milk and ice cream.
    You forgot beer but yeah that sums it up.

Tourism.  Ski resorts employ a very large number of people in VT.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

R- Trump
    D- Biden
    L- Amash
    G- Sanders
    Bernie's last stand was three and a half years ago. He should have walked away when his head held high when he had the opportunity. Now he's just embarrassing himself, and his supporters.

Stop trying to make third party a thing.  We are two party system. Our checks and balances are in the three branches of government. And Sanders running as a green is going to cost Democrats the other two branches. We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. we can't afford to make the same mistake again.
    You don't have to respond to everything like you've been given 30 seconds to shout at the camera on Hardball
This discussion has been closed.